Search results for query: *

1. MP Musket Era Beta's Shack Retired

Awesome Black Brunswickers they look good.
  2. Unban Request NW_Official_US_1

Name under which you were banned: 7y_Leib_Rds_Ghosty Server(s) you are banned from: NW_Official_US_1 What was happening when you got banned: we were playing around and we said the N word. Time and date: Forgot Timezone: EST User ID: no idea
  3. The Champions of The Americas [Caribbean and Central America NOM]

im a better player then zorkoth such a noob, im running for champion of The Caribbean GG man GG. Vote or else..
  4. 7y Leib-Gvardii Preobrazhensky [Recruiting NA]

dox said:
    ghost1231223 said:
    In-Game Name:Ghosty
    Steam Name (required):Ghost1231223
    Do you have a mic:yes
    Do you have Teamspeak 3 (required):yes
    Will you be active (must be able to attend one training and Linebattle a week):yes
    What Timezone are you in:Eastern
    What is your age:17
    Experience in Napoleonic Wars (Regiments):55th,7y(noob)
    Do you solemnly pledge to Be a Slut rank when you enter this regiment:hell na

Declined.
    BUT......http://nooooooooooooooo.com/
  5. 7y Leib-Gvardii Preobrazhensky [Recruiting NA]

In-Game Name:Ghosty
    Steam Name (required):Ghost1231223
    Do you have a mic:yes
    Do you have Teamspeak 3 (required):yes
    Will you be active (must be able to attend one training and Linebattle a week):yes
    What Timezone are you in:Eastern
    What is your age:17
    Experience in Napoleonic Wars (Regiments):55th,7y(noob)
    Do you solemnly pledge to Be a Slut rank when you enter this regiment:hell na
  6. 7y Leib-Gvardii Preobrazhensky [Recruiting NA]

Bluehawk said:
    There are stricter rules about regimental threads now, Ghosty. Double posting or posts without content can get you a warning.  :neutral:

No admin can scare me  :razz:

anyways Bluehawk remember to update the roster im a Rkt now :grin:D so happy.
  7. 7y Leib-Gvardii Preobrazhensky [Recruiting NA]

Get on my level

zbXUW.gif

Noobs......They hatin
  8. Version 1.006 Update Released! (hotfix for servers released!)

TheHavoc said:
    This patch has officially ruined NW for me. The main enjoyable aspect of the game that made it different from all the same shooter games was the melee. Now it's clunky and slow, and the Devs are making cav and muskets more powerful. I hate cav, because they ruin every single fight by rushing around on high pop servers because its easier to take people off guard while horses from both sides are rushing around you in a big horde. It's aggravating to see the Devs take this stance because it shows that they hardly care for the veteran players who appreciate the melee aspect. I feel that since Warband has gotten more popular you are trying to keep more players playing by making the game easier to play by slowing down melee and instead focusing it on shooting. That to me seems like the Devs only want to make a game that will sell better to little kids who can't deal with the learning curve. Too many times I've had public players tell me that feinting or spinning or whatever honed tactics I use are annoying, yet they hardly know how to block. They believe that shooting is more important and that they are better than me since they kill me easier (because I don't like shooting, melee is much more fun than aiming down sights to shoot someone, especially if it's point ******** blank -.-). I'm tired of how noob-friendly this game is becoming. I put lot's of hard effort into learning how to block, feint, and chamber well, and it's extremely frustrating to see how little of that matters anymore. The community is not only made up of admin loving little children who love everything the Devs throw out. It isn't right to do what you've done just because the clueless players think so. Learn to appreciate the veterans of your community who helped make thrive what you began. Scratch the update or I'm done.

+1
  9. Version 1.006 Update Released! (hotfix for servers released!)

5arge said:
    redhelwar said:
    I'm not going to argue with the people that enjoy shooting and/or aren't competent with a bayonet, because they have a legitimate reason to like the patch. I'm going for the people that think this melee is better than the old system.
    Get over yourself. To imply that I'm not competant with a bayonet shows where your head is, you think you are an elite player. Newflash: elite players can adjust to changes and remain elite. Keep practicing little buddy, you have a reputation ego to maintain.

Actually sir. I have seen red fight and i have fought with him i can tell you he is good.
  10. Version 1.006 Update Released! (hotfix for servers released!)

Bauer said:
    Xeroth said:
    The Nord said:
    Overhead nerf made me cry  :cry:

penquin11 said:
    Can you please give the Brits the mini-swords (the UN-attached bayonet), because those are much more useful in melee, and I think in not giving the Brits mini-swords you are punishing Regiments that use the UK.

On a more serious note the butter-knife now actually is better in melee than the bayonet, I can sidestep a bayonet and get off 2 or 3 slashes with the butter-knife before the enemy can even release his attack. The Heavy Cavalry Saber/Sword is longer than the bayonet now, which essentially means Cavalry can kill Infantry every time by simply using a forward stab on a direct charge, even if the infantry man blocks down the cavalry will knock him down. Also with the Bayonet being shortened Lancers are more dangerous then ever, I cannot figure out how to take out a lancer in melee, sidestepping isn't effective because the bayonets reach is pathetic. Even if by some miracle I were to dodge and stab the lancers horse I would be playing a game of chance seeing that sabers are longer than the bayonet in this game, or at least seem like they are. In short even if I were to dismount a cavalryman the end result would be the same: I die.

Im not exactly sure what the point of this patch was, I love the fact that you guys released the source code, but utterly hate what you did to melee. I liked melee pre patch (heck I liked melee pre 1.05) because it allowed a skilled player to have an impact on the game. Please god return the bayonet to its former useful state, because as of right now the butter-knife is my weapon of choice.

1thecop said:
    But why change something that wasn't broken? The melee was perfect last patch.

The Nord said:
    The length fix for bayonettes was great, but not the attack speed nerf.

Samuel the Sharpe said:
    This new patch was goddamn terrible, I'm sorry to say. Who the hell authorised this?

redhelwar said:
    The Nord said:
    The length fix for bayonettes was great, but not the attack speed nerf.

Yeah, we could deal with that. The attack speed stuff is just terrible.

wolfbane751 said:
    fighting cav is stupid its like oh a cav is charging me head on ill just step outside of his range and stab his horse so it stops but now its like you stab his horse and he just keeps on going and with his longer sword he slashes you and gets the full speed bonus to his damage and one shots you

The Nord said:
    Guess the devs. are so bad at melee and can't cope with fast bayonettes so they nerfed it  :lol:

bdd458 said:
    Also, it's not that I'm not willing to adapt. I just don't like and agree with the changes.

Lord Jethro said:
    its pretty sad im a decent player usally getting around 20-60 kills in public TDM or DM and i went two and twenty on one map 15 deaths of mine were by cav most of them right when i spawn and the rest awfull melee system and the only two kills i got were with the new sniper muskets.........

CiRcUs said:
    THIS VERSION ******** SUCKS! IT MAKES ME WANT TO FINGER POP THE PERSON WHO MADE THIS'S *******!

AsianP said:
    The old melee system was much better than this. Now you cant feint and all of the Mount and Blade Veterans will end up hating it. Mount and Blade itself is based off of melee not archery or crossbows. If this doesnt get fixed I believe there will be a decrease in players for this Module.

penquin11 said:
    The State of Melee: Initially, Recently, and Now.

In MM lancers were overpowered, but they weren't invincible, melee was fast and exciting with extreme focus being placed on the ability to spin and chamber- both skill oriented exchanges. Swords were dominant in melee due to their INSANE speed and damage, however at the very least the bayonet had good range. I still have nightmares of lancers and dismounted cavalrymen equipted with heavy swords, all in all though you could still make your mark with the bayonet if you were a skilled blocker/melee enthusiast.

Initially:
    I remember my first game of NW, it was a Team Deathmatch a day after NW came out. Most players were using lancers as they had been previously unstoppable in MM. I went 44-5 in my first game. By the end of the month I would regularly expect to get 60+ kills in every TDM I played while also getting 16+ in any battle I fought in. All in all Cavalry was useless, I would laugh at the attempts of Lancers or other cavalry to try to kill me, I would even look forward to taking on entire groups of cavalry because it was essentially kill farming. The Up Stab was lightning quick and came with great reach and was a 1 hit kill in most situations, this was a problem that needed to be fixed.

Recently:
    Patch 1.05 came out, and it properly balanced the melee system. I could no longer be godlike when facing cavalry as they were now dangerous, deadly even. Lancers once again were a threat to players, but not impossible to kill if dealt with in a strategic manner. Infantry v Infantry melee seemed slower than I would want it, but at the very least it still did include a great amount of skill. Swords were a challenge to fight against when using a bayonet as you had to keep into consideration their speed and multiple striking locations, your largest advantage over a sword wielding opponent would be your reach, often you would have to step back and use fients to counter sword using opponents. Melee seemed pretty much at balance, with Cavalry and infantry both being useful in their specific roles.

Now:
    Its almost like the devs decided to go "affirmative action" on us and make up for mistakes in the past in regards to the previously pathetic nature of cavalry. The Bayonet is now slow and short with all swords being at an advantage to it. Feints are now extremely hard to properly execute because of the additional delay for the upstab, actually in truth Feints with a bayoneted musket are absolutely useless now. The additional knockdown time for infantry (being run over by horses) seems more realistic, however when combined with the other advantages cavalry have- longer ranged melee weapons, faster movement, more damage (due to speed modifiers), faster swings, ability to move fluently after taking damage, the ability to be dismounted without consequence (other than losing your horse)- Cavalry is now my #1 fear. I now use the butter knife in almost all melee conflicts, simply blocking bayonets and then using my vastly superior speed to kill them before they can release or even prepare another attack. The bayonet, as well as infantry, has been rendered useless.

Viva La Butter Knife (and Cavalry)!

~ Penquin11

jp0wnedyou said:
    penquin11 said:
    The bayonet, as well as infantry, has been rendered useless.
    Yep useless and its suppose to be the main weapon of the game but yea... the devs dont listen

THE BIGFOOT said:
    Fixed an exploit that allowed players to spawn naked?

BIGFOOT IS HIGHLY UNHAPPY
    (LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO)

jp0wnedyou said:
    can u guys make like a unpatch version and a patch version? cos i dont like this patch obviously like just keep it separate and see which community is bigger o0

President_Obama said:
    WHAT THE ****!!!!

WHY WAS MUSKATOONS NERFED THEY ARE TERRIBLE NOW!!!

They were my favorite... :*(

Jman4 said:
    I never thought i'd see the melee combat in M&B lose its touch, but today is a very sad day for many of faithful M&B players like myself...... it is a sad day indeed.  Do what is right taleworlds, change it back.....

ghost1231223 said:
    this would be the worst update i have ever seen...well second worst, first was when they took off the crouch-jump ;c lame if u cant melee go to dildo training gee

redhelwar said:
    The sword range is actually a good 6 inches longer than the actual sword model.

Patch is a disaster
    This.

Yes, yes. Sure, bayonets are weaker, sure the butter knife (which was more likely to be dull and useless in combat since it was used to chop firewood--apparently) is OP. Yes, cavalry are even better than MM cavalry--which had been my speciality. Yes, you are being forced to block rather than spam and dance around the enemy's stab. Your attack even more slowly! It was slow as hell before though, compared to MM. Lancers can couch you through the horse's head now.
    Ffs, muskets are now frightfully accurate. (Bullets are still fairly easy to dodge now.) It's the end of the community as we know it! Unlikely.
    But, there is one fact that makes this patch a step in the right direction--you can block properly again, like in MM. Blocking is easier, therefore winning is harder. Therefore, melee requires more skill now, whether you believe me or not.

The entire patch was garbage other than what it did for bayonet versus bayonet combat. The bayonet may very well be be nerfed--against other weapons, but the player himself is not. He can take on multiple enemies, block their attacks and then win. Melee is a meritocracy again, even if the weapons themselves are unbalanced in an absurd way. They'll probably go back and nerf the other weapons and the bayonet will be given it's rightful place. In all honesty, the bayonet was overpowered before. It had nearly god-like powers--which was never the case in MM.

It's still a viable weapon. I had very little trouble while playing today. Outwit it. The only thing I have no solution for is the couched lance which can go through the horse's head. The muskets are far more accurate than I would have liked, but it forces tactics down our throats and that makes the game more fun. Don't do anything stupid and you'll not get shot.

This may come as a shock, but this patch is the best thing to happen to NW since it replaced MM. Intelligence and skill are rewarded, not penalized as they were before.

Bauer

Post-Script:
    THE BIGFOOT said:
    Fixed an exploit that allowed players to spawn naked?

BIGFOOT IS HIGHLY UNHAPPY

Despite this patch being a huge improvement, there was no justifiable reason to sacrifice Bigfoot.

Best for Whom The Cav players or the Infantry players(which are half or more of the Game) They just made the Infantry the main role of the game imposible.

Come friday when the NEC LB starts what do you think will happen regiments of infantry slaughter. have you ever been in a LB 90% are infantry no one will be happy about the cav buff, the cav was good enough. I don't want to think what will happen come Friday.(cav charges from spawn to spawn..gg) its gay Balance it already had I'm a cav player i fight for a Cav detachment and i think this is REALY unfair and Stupid no offence Devs mistakes are mistakes. If there were no rules in LB i would expect everyone going cav just for the lolz. now a 20-40 men Line infantry regiment can get Facked by a cav regiment of 15-20 is too much too over powered. and agian before you post about my comment Is it best for the 10% of cav on a LB or best for the 90% of infantry on a LB.
  11. Version 1.006 Update Released! (hotfix for servers released!)

this would be the worst update i have ever seen...well second worst, first was when they took off the crouch-jump ;c lame if u cant melee go to dildo training gee
  12. 7y Leib-Gvardii Preobrazhensky [Recruiting NA]

stvo131 said:
    hey, I forgot to tell you guys; I'm currently in L.A. and will not be online until I return to Jersey. I'm coming home saturday, but then I'm possibly leaving again to a camp in upper NJ for all of next week. I will be back!

i may or maynot be using your post as an excuse to bump the thread oh well  :razz: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:
  13. 7y Leib-Gvardii Preobrazhensky [Recruiting NA]

Bluehawk sorry couldnt be on training today :c work
  14. 7y Leib-Gvardii Preobrazhensky [Recruiting NA]

Stevd said:
    Bump I suppose.

:lol: :lol: Welcome to the Never ending Bump :razz:
Back
Top Bottom