Search results for query: *

1. Hysterion

Difficulty help with a certain mod

For the life of me i can't figure it out. It works how i set it in tournaments, tavern fights, village fights, when you fail the disguise and have to fight the guards, in night ambushes but the moment i enter a "real" battle or a siege it reverts to highest settings. Strangest thing ever, i'm loosing my mind 😭.

I'm used to editing easier to understand files, these numbers are giving me a headache...
  2. Hysterion

Ok so i can't figure this out, of all the things you posted i only found this one and nothing else you mentioned.
    Code:
    -75.000000  5 261 1 2 263 1 2 269 1 4 265 1 0 267 1 0

I figured out that:

261-Damage to player 2(Normal), 1(Easy), 0(Easiest)

263-Damage to friends 2(Normal), 1(Easy), 0(Easiest)

269-combat speed 4(fastest), 3(Fast), 2(Normal)

265-Combat AI 0(Good), 1(Average), 2(Poor)

267-Campaign AI 0(Good), 1(Average), 2(Poor)

Couldn't find the 271, no idea what it does anyway.

I changed those values hoping that even if it "reverts" it will do so to the values i set in the file but yet again it goes to the highest possible difficulty :xf-cry:
  3. Hysterion

I'm at a certain age where i have made it a point in my life not to argue with few mod developers that act like spoiled brats with god complex, so i'd rather be shady than to lose my nerves arguing with them or asking for their help which i won't get anyway.

So what you proposed, to me it looks complicated but if i do it correctly i should be able to freely change the settings in game as in native?

I'll try to do it later when i come home from work and post the results. Thanks a lot for your help and quick response.
  4. Hysterion

So i need a bit of a help. There's a certain discontinued mod which i wont name that is forcing you to play a certain way. I changed many things to my liking and for personal use by tinkering with the files but i can't figure out this last problem. For example, damage to player/friend is always...
  5. Hysterion

Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

So i need a bit of a help. There's a certain discontinued mod which i wont name that is forcing you to play a certain way. I changed many things to my liking and for personal use but i can't figure out this last problem.

For example damage to player/friend is always on "Normal", combat and campaign AI is always "Good" and combat speed is always on "Fastest". If you lower it in settings it just reverts it back to the values above. My question is, well how do i change it? Is it a script or something that's forcing it to revert or what? Any help would be appreciated.
  6. Hysterion

I'm sorry but I finally give up, what the hell are TW doing? Nothing new in 3 weeks. Whoever is managing this team needs the boot.

Bro it's early access not a full release. In case you don't know what that means, basically we are testing the game and reporting bugs. Absolutely no one forced you to buy the game, it was your decision because it is clearly stated that the game is "EARLY ACCESS". Just stop *****ing, go enjoy summer and come back later. Your outburts of anger don't help anyone, especially not you.
  7. Hysterion

SP Fantasy [WB] The Veiled Stars | the Lord of the Rings [WIP] + Theoden's Armour p411

It's dead, make your peace with it. Stop necroing the thread, it just reminds us all that another LOTR mod has died, like all the others.
  8. Hysterion

SP Antiquity [WB] Shadows in the Desert - An Ancient Middle East Mod

CutContent said:
    Plz put caananite giants  :grin:

Dude this is dead. Stop trolling and necroing the post...
  9. Hysterion

OSP Medieval Crusaders Way to Expiation - OSP Pack

Armaury said:
    I think Sands of Faith guy is lonely :shifty:

Yeah he works alone tho i called it "Team"

Sounds more professional :razz:
  10. Hysterion

OSP Medieval Crusaders Way to Expiation - OSP Pack

Lets just hope Sands of Faith team grabs this OSP and include it in their own mod which is already great  :roll:
  11. Hysterion

Responses to [WB][B] Crusader - Way to expiation

Yey, years of work go down the drain, gratz  :fruity:
  12. Hysterion

B Medieval [WB] Crusader - Way to expiation

Reus said:
    jeehwanlee99 said:
    This mod is deader than dead. I dont know why its still one of the most frequently showing mods on the MUC subcategory... :roll:
    It's not dead, you freckled numbnut.

Don't lose your nerves over recruits, hell don't even bother responding to them...
  13. Hysterion

Viking Conquest: Reforged Edition - Open Beta (Steam) - Update Patch 22/07/15

SomeHairyGuy said:
    Jesgard Gysson said:
    ehm i think that has been there since 1.0

Apologies, what I mean is ordinary townspeople, as the urban equivalent to 'Saxon peasant (Gebur)' etc. etc. The idea is that, due to the lesser need to have everyone at work all the time in the city (since there is no harvest to gather and the population is much greater), there would be more idle/unemployed/deadbeat people hanging around that could be potential troops. Not necessarily trained warriors, but a nice low level rabble to fill out a warband or a fyrd. That's the fluffy bit.

The gamey bit: with realistic village recruitment on, it's pretty hard to get peasant rabble at low levels. I like the feature, but with it enabled you have to either save up and get mercs from the mead hall, or spam shepherds/refugees from monasteries. Either way, by the time you've got cash to spare to bribe village reeves/elders, you can afford better than untrained villagers anyway. I barely ever actually end up recruiting villagers for this reason and <insert whiny comment about immersion here>. Sooo, by having a plausible alternative (i.e. recruiting less needed 'villager' equivalents from towns) means that during early-game you can still have untrained rabble so that your army can start from the bottom, so to speak.

What i usually do at the start of a new game is finish all the quests up until you get to Ribe, then find every lord, do a quest or two for each of them(find something easy like collecting taxes, sending letters or killing a fugitive). When you get a 5 relations with the lord, ask him to recruit in his land and he will accept. You also need 150 renown but i have that on start usually, if not just kill a couple of bandit parties. This way i never had any problems finding fresh meat for my warband...
  14. Hysterion

Captain Lust said:
    Pushed out an update here! Various changes to balance, as well as bug fixing and performance improvements.

There should also be a significant improvement to stability for mac users. Let us know how it is!

Changelog please!
  15. Hysterion

SPOILER<->Mael Bresail's Farm<->SPOILER

Dahvos said:
    see here http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,334486.0.html at the bottom of the thread on my post. :fruity:

You sir won an Official Seal of Awesomeness, thank you!

In all honesty, she has to be the best companion i have ever seen in any of the Warband Mods, and trust me i have played A LOT of them. I'm so freaking sad she doesn't stay with you, i would really like to marry her and make her my queen once i finish the story again  :cry:
  16. Hysterion

CeltiberoCaesar said:
    Takeda Shingen said:
    For those who didn't finish this quest do not read below if you don't want to know what happens, you have been warned.

So i'm stuck at Mael Bresail's Farm, i don't know how to escape from the burning building. I tried breaking the doors and other stuff, i searched for a hidden exit, or a lever to pull but nothing seems to work. I just can't find the exit. Did anyone figure it out, if so could you share it?

Hi takeda again,
    In the scene previous to such situation we give you a hint of what you should  do...
    here is the solution don't open if you want to find by your own
    check the walls

Ahh i had to peek and see, it's like telling a child, don't touche the cookies.

Now my last question:

Is there no way to make Morrigan stay with you, hell maybe even marry her? :cry:
  17. Hysterion

For those who didn't finish this quest do not read below if you don't want to know what happens, you have been warned.
  18. Hysterion

So i finished the whole story in Reforged Beta, and here's some feedback.

First i have to say, this is a huge improvement over the "stock" Viking Conquest, you really worked hard on this, so thank you!

Now the review:

*Storyline Bugs - ZERO, everything works perfectly, no bugs, no glitches. Awesome job!

*Starting Options - There's a lot of options to chose from and i'm quite happy about it. Now you can really tailor the game to fit your playstyle.

*New music - It is amazing, no scratch that, beyond amazing. Especially the ones with female vocals, my soul melted. You really hit the jackpot with these new songs :iamamoron:

*Tournaments - I see people are whining about tournaments, all i have to say is that they are good as they are, tho i would put some kind of guarantee where a player and NPC would spawn with both Saex and a Shield. It's painful and 99% of the time impossible to win a tournament when you spawn with only a Saex which cannot block. I play on Normal Dmg/Hardcore fighting modes and its impossible to win fights in those situations. Better yet, just let us use our own equipment in the tournaments. Sure it would be hard at the beginning but later on as you get renown and more money for equipment it would become easier. Also add some crowd that cheers and such, for more immersion.

*New Armors - Beautiful, enough said. Tho you really went overboard with the armors you gave to Huskarls, how about putting some normal armors into the mix without the bear skin hoods? I can do it myself, but other people probably can't, this is for them  :cool:

*New Units - They look cool and fight like beasts, awesome stuff. Now what about Shieldmaidens? Come on you caved and gave us 2 handed axes and Berserkers which we begged you since the release, give us Shieldmaidens, maybe after the Camp Defender? Don't get me wrong i can easily add them myself, but it gets kinda tiring to do it all over again after every patch, plus you would probably do a much better job. After all, you can see in the Solveig's story that she is a type of a Shieldmaiden from Norway, maybe add a special place there and in Denmark where we can hire them ? Like you did with Berserkers.

*Dog - Nice touch but to be honest, it's ugly, it has horrible animations and it's pretty much useless. First time i saw a dog i thought it was a sheared sheep, only later did i figure out it was actually an ugly ass dog. The animations look like they were taken from a horse or something, looks very awkward.

*Working(Minigames) - Brings the immersion but in my case i never got the correct "tool" to use while working. I needed to move hay around or whatever but i never got a Pitchfork, so i used my trusty sword. Don't know if this happened only to me or for everybody else tho...

*Ambush system - I was very excited about this but it disappointed me, what's the difference other than the new scene?

*New Quest in Ireland - It has an amazing story, the song is great too
    but i was expecting Morrigan to have some kind of a unique armor set, something "black" like the story says.
    Other then that, it's great.

Now a couple of suggestions:

*Shieldmaidens as i've explained above.
    *Throwing Axes. Can only be bought in Norway, Denmark and Frisia.
    *An option to change the banner in the middle of the game.
    *New Banners for players, especially the "Black Raven" one used by the king of Denmark, which was also Ragnar's Banner...
    *Bigger rewards from raiding monasteries. Even with a higher looting skill, all i get is around 100-500 gold and a bunch of food items, it's really not worth getting a hit on your reputation and relationship for such a small reward.
    *Lowering the STR requirement for Troll's Axe to 19-20, 21 is just too much.

Well that's it for now, if i discover something new i'll be sure to review it here :smile:
  19. Hysterion

B Medieval [WB] Crusader - Way to expiation

So i random question while we wait for the release of the mod  :iamamoron:

What is the best prefix for a shield?

I know about:

Horse - Champion
    Armor - Lordly
    Weapon - Masterwork
    Shield - ?
Back
Top Bottom