Search results for query: *

• Users: zykox
  • Order by date
  1. Resolved Highland Throwing Axe does 70 "invalid" damage.

Don't have text alignment issues whatsoever, but also getting the "invalid" damage type on certain axes.
  2. In Progress Perks not working

I AM agreeing with everyone here that:

#1.) We need a response from Taleworlds regarding the status of Perks, and...

#2.) It would be a great to have a running list from Taleworlds as to which perks work, which don't, and what their plans are on for fixing/implementing them, (much like the "Unresolved Issues" list.)

*#3.) It would also be nice to have UI Elements on the Skills # Breakdown pages of the "Character" Tab that confirms the effects of selected perks, as well as updated tooltips on effected stats, [EX. +1 Influence from "Prominence" Perk when hovering over Influence AI, or +1 Ammo from "Fully Armed" perk when hovering over a bag of Javelins.] *This is more so a "would be nice" type of deal at the moment as opposed to absolutely needed.

What I DON'T agree here with is how people are playing it off as "It's just Early Access" or "Perks aren't really that important." As a Sandbox/RPG game, having CORE MECHANICS as SIMPLE as PERKS not working/implemented are pretty unacceptable at this stage of both development and release. Character Progression is an absolute core part of the game and experience, and although I appreciate the changes made to the leveling up systems and XP requirements for Player & Troops (to make much less grindy,) these efforts have NO POINT if people are working towards leveling things that won't have any significant effect on game-play (aside from the tiny innate stat boosts Skills give you in things that, HELL I don't even know are working either!) [EX. If the Perks aren't working, how do we even really know that your +% Damage and Speed you've been grinding in One-Handed is even applying?]

The Perks not working is literally one of the biggest things that is holding me back from diving into playing again until they are fixed. Although I absolutely appreciate Taleworlds fixing big issues like Crashes, Performance Boosts, Combat AI, Battle/Siege AI, etc. (and although I don't know about Taleworld's Dev Team/Departments/Workflow/Priorities,) a PROPERLY working PERK SYSTEM to me at least seems to me like it should be much higher up on the priority list. I just don't feel like playing; or feel like I can enjoy a game that doesn't reward that skill grinding time/leveling up effort. It makes both of those things feel worthless. It also makes character build variety (one of the BIGGEST draws to replay-ability and Role-Playing) feel absolutely worthless as well.

I don't mean to complain; but I just feel that this is a super important system that should be fixed, (and it seems like it is something that can be fixed much quicker while adding much more value to the game as opposed to some of the larger grand-scheme changes ya'll are making.

Regardless, keep up the good work!
    +100000000 here.

1. Apparently someone's already keeping track on what perks are working or not, you can check them out here:

2. I don't mind an early access game having lots (even a majority) of features not working or implemented, after all, I voluntarily made the purchase. BUT, dear devs (and this should be forwarded to someone):
    We can be your game testers, for free even. BUT, don't forget that all of us paid FULL price. And we're NOT your game testers...we're people who have to sweat and work for our money, too, but we SUPPORT you.

If you can't even be bothered for a day to make simple things (such as arrows +3, party size +1, etc.) work, or EVEN TELL US what's not implemented yet, I may soon stop helping out because you're just treating us as unpaid testers while expecting your actual "customers" after release.

Besides, all this confusion is adding more work to forum moderators as well. Ask MP players for MB balance and stuff, but do ask/listen to SP players for SP stuff!
  3. Resolved Not a crash, opponent stuck at thinking at board game, unable to forfeit or exit the game

Hi, did anything change with the situation in time or did you have to close and restart the game?
    Sorry for the late reply:

I had to close and restart the game. I've waited 10min, and the AI didn't move. The ESC button is also disabled, so I can't open the game menu to exit. Tab also doesn't work, actually no keyboard button works (or does sth) at all. Freeze so far has only occured with Tablut.
  4. Constructive critique: Gameplay

I have posted about 2-3 things before, but will not again. Anything posted here will not be repeated (promise!). About me (no bragging or anything implied): I'm a teacher in my 30s, who's also into game designs for board games and rpgs. I don't have the time and money to help testing out...
  5. Resolved [e1.1.0] Tablut Opponent Won't Move

Tablut still freezes, has happened around 3 times, exactly as in the first post, each time in a different town.

Guess: This is completely unrelated to the location. It must be a complicated board situation that the ai can't handle.

Solution suggestion: Give the AI a timer and make it forfeit then (since it can't find a solution in time). Also, tablut seems to be the only tavern game where the AI never forfeits.

Sidenote: Please increase maximum bet. Also, why limit it to 1 game per day? Can't I just sit down and enjoy some tavern games and earn some denars that way?

Version: e1.4.1 hotfix 05/06/20
    Installed community-made modifications: none
    Computer Specs
    : Acer Predator Helios 300
    GPU: GeForce RTX 2060
    CPU: intel core i7 9th gen
    RAM: 16GB
    Motherboard: ?
    Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD
  6. Resolved BUG Stillborn baby gives option to name child on click ----> crash

Title says it all. Wife gave born to stillborn child. On click, I get an option to name the child, then the game will crash. This bug was reported by someone earlier in early April, but it didn't seem to have been noticed, so I'm reposting it. Version: e1.4.1 hotfix 05/06/20 Installed...
  7. Resolved Map error: Onira, siege map

Two issues encountered: 1. Siege ladder on the right wing: AI (pathfinding?) has trouble climbing the 2 ladders (will mob around one of them, without climbing, true no matter whether there are defenders on the wall or not). 2. Invisible roadblock - I can freely walk in one direction (as in the...
  8. Resolved Map error: Steppe Bandit Hideout - two stairs have moving obstacles

Steppe Bandit Hideout: two map errors (in 4 separate started campaigns the same), walking blocks affects companions and bandits as well Stairs - Walking block near last step (guess: potruding wooden bar) Stairs - Invisible walking block in the middle Version: e1.4.1 hotfix 05/06/20...
  9. Resolved Bug e1.4.1 hotfix - Deliver Herd (steppe horses), horses in inventory not recognized

Hi, can you share your save files? You can use a cloud service and post an open link on this thread.
    Errh, sorry, already saved over them...I'll see if I can somehow post them the next time I run into a bug.
  10. In Progress Bug? Oversight? Design? Sturgian towns + villages don't have Sturgian Trotters

Summary: Never consciously noticed it, but just yesterday got quest to provide lords with Sturgian trotters. Went through all Sturgian towns and most villages ---> No Sturgian trotters to be found (Sturgian Warhorses are there). In an older campaign (2 weeks ago), this was also the case. I...
  11. Resolved Bug e1.4.1 hotfix - Deliver Herd (steppe horses), horses in inventory not recognized

This MUST be a new bug, since I've done several "Deliver Herd" quests before, incl horses. Summary: SP, independent, non-merc, Khuzait culture, Quest from Khuzait village ---> deliver to Khuzait town. New game since latest update, clan tier 2, 4/4 companions Arrived (Balthakhand), have 27...
  12. Resolved Perk "Ruler" does nothing

+1

Also, stewardship perks "party size +2 per fief" and "party size +5 per fief" is not working either. not sure if the other perks work...might be possible the entire branch's perks don't work.

Also, is it possible to somewhere add which fudging version I'm playing? I run the game through steam, always up to date (but no beta enabled), but I still had to look left and right what version my game's actually running.

Version: e1.4.1 hotfix 05/06/20
    Computer Specs
  13. Horse prices 1.4.2

Isn't it a back-door nerf for the Khuzaits? I like it, because it will delay the Khuzaits a while until they can amass their cavalry-rich armies (at least if the NPC lords also have to pay more for horses, don't know if they cheat).
    It is? In my game Khuzaits are getting clobbered (and I didn't even get involved)....I guess the price of 250-260 per steppe horse will ensure they'll never recover.

Not sure I like the "use horse to upgrade" troops mechanic. As concept it's nice, but the reality is a lot of balancing issues, incl. horse selection when upgrading, acquiring the horses, but also difference between recruiting troops ALREADY on horses vs upgrading infantry.
  14. Tournament reward consistency.

In 1.4.0 the only tournament rewards that I received were items that would be valuable to a level one player. It was mostly tier 2 armor. I was level 26 and my clan tier was 6. The rewards don't seem to scale with a player's level. It's all crap now.

The betting has been a joke since it was change back in... 1.0.3 or 1.0.4. You can bet max in all four rounds and win a whopping 60 denars. That paltry amount is not even worth clicking the buttons for.

Tournaments are sometimes fun but there is no reward for winning currently.
    +1000000

Been with 4 different mains, 2 warrior ones, 2 non-warrior ones...always realistic difficulty. More than 100 tournaments done.

Reward: Have only been getting mediocre ones, with helmets being the most common. But hey, at least you can still sell it.

Betting: Yes, it's a joke. Why is this not getting fixed? This has been an issue with Warband as well, and ANY better mod changed it. It's been 10 years, and you still stick to Warband native philosophy?

Considering that most warrior mains are NOT traders, and traders easily make 5-10k per town visit, I REALLY don't see the problem with improving tournament rewards, which take more time, have a risk of actually NOT winning (only 1st place gets a reward? -_-), and if you bet full-on you even risk losing 1k.

And hey...NO monetary reward at ALL, if you don't bet? You're kidding right...because even Warband was better than that.

And don't get me started on spears 1vs1...2 full-plate dudes with spears+shields, chipping at each other for 5-10pierce and every 2-3 attack is blocked (and spears won't destroy shields)...those are the most unfun Mount&Blade combats I've experienced in a decade.

Version: e1.4.2 05/06/20
    Computer Specs
  15. Resolved Infinite Dialogue Loop after successful convince to defect during village raid 1.4.1 Main Branch

Summary: Another dialogue loop.
    How to Reproduce
    : Mercenary. Convince an attacking lord to make peace, while sieging town.
    Quest/Settlement Name (if related): Akkalat (probably unrelated)

Version: e1.4.2 05/06/20
    Computer Specs
  16. No Way To Learn Engineering Early Game

+1 on first post.

@Hammerhi99 -
    Engineering via companions: Sure, doable. But the point is having the PLAYER be the engineer and raising HIS/HER skills.

@Waybook - I guess everyone's experience is different. By the time I get around 100 troops to lead, many castles and towns have tier 2, some 3.
    Also, even if you're right overall, that doesn't solve the issue of "engineering" being impossible to raise, except by actually sieging, risking overall success.
    Raising skills is overall yet unbalanced, it's so much easier to raise other skills.
  17. Unbalanced hideout attacks

I don't have any particular trouble with hideouts BUT:
    1. bandit hideouts should be doable even without a warrior player or spouse, as well as optimized Legolas-companions.
    2. multiple attempts? Sure...but overall reward is not worth it.
    3. logical limit...9vs50? Even though I have 100 troops waiting outside? Talk about killing immersion.

Suggestion: How about letting "tactics" and similar skills affect the final number of bandits? That way, warrior heroes can have their usual fun, but "smart" or other heroes and parties can put their strengths to use and still have a challenging fight without being unfair.

Or just implement proper stealth, so "roguery" people can actually properly ambush the small groups in the hideout. Also, "backstabbing" dmg bonus would help.
  18. Bug report

move thead here, they won't notice him here
    Ah right, sorry. Thank you for the help. I've bookmarked the right place now.
Back
Top Bottom