Search results for query: *

1. EsoptrosOer

SP Fantasy [W] Redwall: Vermin Resurgence [Dead]

I hope there is a playable fox race.  The Foxes were always my favorite.  And it would be interesting to play as a fox who is a good guy for exchange. 
  2. EsoptrosOer

The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Bloc said:
    EsoptrosOer said:
    I wasn't saying that but rather having greek style/named/dressed troops in the Ottoman Empire and possibly having the isle of greece?
    That way I'd be able to hire greek soldiers and rebel against the ottoman empire!!!
    Ah yes of course he will make greece uniforms for satisfied a racist-looking greek guy , oh come on , I think we both know the answer of this question

I am not Greek.    I am American that just happens to Love anything Greek!!  And the Greeks did rebel against the Ottoman Empire, claiming independence from them in 1821. 

But I wasn't trying to start anything.  I was just asking if there would be any Greek troops in the Ottoman Empire faction in this mod. .. -.-
  3. EsoptrosOer

I wasn't saying that but rather having greek style/named/dressed troops in the Ottoman Empire and possibly having the isle of greece?

That way I'd be able to hire greek soldiers and rebel against the ottoman empire!!!
  4. EsoptrosOer

Will there be any Greek Troops in this mod?  I know that Greece was part of the Ottoman Empire until 1821.  But I am hoping for some Greek troops.  It be nice to hire Greek troops in the mod to rebel against the Ottoman Empire!!! :grin:  Re Establishing Greece as a free Nation! :grin:
  5. EsoptrosOer

SP Fantasy [WB] The Imperial Simulacrum: An Elder Scrolls Mod (Orcish Armor p.57)

I am also A lore geek for the Elder Scrolls haha.  I mod, 3d model and texture for Morrowind rather often.  Would do so with Skyrim but haven't been able to transfer my work to ingame.

But I have the no-how and understanding of many things modding wise and lore. 
  6. EsoptrosOer

Wait. . . There will actually be usable cannons in this mod?! 
  7. EsoptrosOer

SP Fantasy [WB] The Imperial Simulacrum: An Elder Scrolls Mod (Orcish Armor p.57)

I am highly curious and hoping that there will be a playable Dwemer faction/nation!
  8. EsoptrosOer

SP Antiquity [WB] Shadows in the Desert - An Ancient Middle East Mod

DrTomas said:
    EsoptrosOer said:
    I understand your viewpoint.  But that isn't directly true.  As sad as it sounds, people can be dramatically affected by letdowns, and not only that it goes to show the inability to be trust-worthy and or unreliable.
    Realy? Some people then have very relaxed and stress free lives if a mod not getting released is a dramatic letdown. Damn...

People first of all should understand that this is a hobby, which means the developers have no direct responsibility to anyone and there are will be no dramatic letdowns.  Especialy when we made it clear that the date is what WE are aming for and not a date that it will certanly be released bu then.  Moding is a creative process - one day you can be moding like a maniac and truly see it can be finished in a couple of month, but then something happens. It can be a simple thing - like loosing your creativity, starting going out with your friends more or perhaps some serious real life problem occours.

And because this is a creative process, moders are free to conduct things how they see fit. So if someone decides - that an certain overhaul would be good idea, despite missing your believed date - one should be free to do so.

EsoptrosOer said:
    Even if it is free work.  There are two reasons; 1 being, if this was payed work, you'd expect the one your paying to have something done by the correct date, right?  Indeed.  Even if it is free, this problem could transfer into the professional world and in return cause problems in your career.    In the end, free or not, It shows reliability and good character to be on time.   
    1. Sorry, but I don't get it. We are not getting paid, what's your point?
    2. My career is actualy what's ussualy prevents me from modding. I do the same thing for a living that I do in moding - I code. And depending on how much pressure(deadlines, number of incidents, ect) I have at my job directly effects how much work I want to do on a mod. Don't get me wrong - I like my job, but getting home tired after a full day of intence coding you rather go out and get a beer with friends then go back to a computer and mod. I guess I don't have a good character.

EsoptrosOer said:
    I'd understand a small time difference compared to the due-date, but a full year?
    The reason why the 2011 date was missed because Ritter - the main codder at the time disapeared. The coding side of the project was more or less null, till I joined up.

EsoptrosOer said:
    This may me being very strict on beliefs, but If I set a due date, I make sure I go through with it.  Free work or not.  It shows reliability, trustworthiness, and honorable character.    I made many mods in my time.  Never finished them, but have worked on years of stuff.  But I have come to understand if you don't know the date of release or if it'll be finished even, tell people that, warn them.  Don't hastily say a project is due to be finished at a specific date or range when aren't absolutely sure of it yourself!
    Ever worked in IT? Becuase it seems that I and most of people in my line of work should be considered untrustworthy bastards by your standarts. :eek:

EsoptrosOer said:
    That's why its best to say its finished when it is and if isn't ever finished then tough luck.    I am not complaining about anything except the irresponsible action of false statements that even you guys were unsure about. 
    Why giving a date which we are aiming ourselfs is false? It's not like we promised it by then to be deliever, but just indicated what we ourselfs are aiming for. I don't see it as a problem in a casual-like enviroment that we have here. :smile:

I don't take these beliefs seriously nor treat anyone differently because of them.  I was just expressing them to you because I felt some people were being rude to those who were making a statement on the due date failure.   

Regardless, you've guys have done a phenomenal job so far and I am thoroughly excited for this!  I cannot wait to fight for Ancient Egypt!!! 
  9. EsoptrosOer

DrTomas said:
    EsoptrosOer said:
      However, If the team said there was a summer release, then there isn't, people have a right to be unhappy whether this was free or not.    Granted people who work on this have lives, but they should of thought of that if they gave people a false release date. 
    That's what we where aiming for. Dead lines are hard to keep even in professional software development (and not necessarily game related products). It's even harder to do so in a hobby environment, when we do this in our free time for our own entertainment. And because this is a form of entertainment, many other aspects can come into the developing hours - like mood or beer. :eek:

So people personal emotions are there business, but as long as we don't receive any payment from them and do the mod in our free time people have no right to complain about the release date, nor do we(well at-least I personally) really care about there such complains. :smile:

I understand your viewpoint.  But that isn't directly true.  As sad as it sounds, people can be dramatically affected by letdowns, and not only that it goes to show the inability to be trust-worthy and or unreliable.    Even if it is free work.  There are two reasons; 1 being, if this was payed work, you'd expect the one your paying to have something done by the correct date, right?  Indeed.  Even if it is free, this problem could transfer into the professional world and in return cause problems in your career.      In the end, free or not, It shows reliability and good character to be on time.    I'd understand a small time difference compared to the due-date, but a full year? 

This may me being very strict on beliefs, but If I set a due date, I make sure I go through with it.  Free work or not.  It shows reliability, trustworthiness, and honorable character.    I made many mods in my time.  Never finished them, but have worked on years of stuff.  But I have come to understand if you don't know the date of release or if it'll be finished even, tell people that, warn them.  Don't hastily say a project is due to be finished at a specific date or range when aren't absolutely sure of it yourself! 

That's why its best to say its finished when it is and if isn't ever finished then tough luck.    I am not complaining about anything except the irresponsible action of false statements that even you guys were unsure about. 

10. EsoptrosOer

DoctorPainkiller said:
    Planes of Oblivion would be really difficult. No real lava texture, and making one would be difficult.

There is lava in vvardenfell, the ashlands to be exact.  Won't you have to make the lava texture regardless of whether you decide to add the planes of oblivion or not, anyways?!
  11. EsoptrosOer

Docm30 said:
    Red River said:
    so much for summer 2011 release plan :roll:
    Here's some news for you. The people working on this (and every other) mod actually have lives and can't work full time on something they're aren't getting paid for. You ought to be thankful that the mod even exists at all.

Well that depends.  I am looking forward to this mod.  Very much so.  And I have vowed to not play Warband until this mod or the elder scrolls one I am following is released.

However, If the team said there was a summer release, then there isn't, people have a right to be unhappy whether this was free or not.    Granted people who work on this have lives, but they should of thought of that if they gave people a false release date. 

Just saying.  I am quietly still following this and will be until it is released, I am a patient man and don't care how long it takes to be finished, I would rather have quality over a quick release.

Regardless, your remark was uncalled for. 

12. EsoptrosOer

SP Fantasy [WB] A Game of Thrones

Othurin said:
    For mnb, tyrells probably work best on their own, and they were a majority of renlys army

But but. . . I don't want the Tyrells, lol I want RENLY! xD
  13. EsoptrosOer

I love the progress on this mod, but I honestly don't think I'll be able to pull off playing it. . . I just can't. . . .you guys are not including the character who means the most to me. . . 

I think Honestly, that Lord Renly Baratheon should be implicated. . . I just can't play without his faction. . .
  14. EsoptrosOer

equilin said:
    talk about the mod, dont spoil the story ffs -.-

Umm how was I spoiling anything!?  I simply stated names?  Nothing that happens, no storyline, no nothing.  Just the mentioned the names of my favorite characters and who should, in my opinion, own the iron throne. 
  15. EsoptrosOer

Daenerys Targaryen has my full support!  Hail the Dragon-Mother.  lol.  But yeah.  She is the best, her, Tyrion, and Gendri.  In fact, Gendri would be the best King of the Iron throne! :O
  16. EsoptrosOer

MP Musket Era American revolution multiplayer mod (need help please read)

Beating Americans?  NOOOO!!!  Beat the evil British!  :mad:
  17. EsoptrosOer

SP Fantasy The Oblivion Crisis - A TES4 Mod - Looking for team

Kazzan said:
    Are we just throwing out suggestions out there? Then...
    Do the great war, Legion vs Thalmor!

Oh, I would ecstatic to kill some Thalmor !!!!
  18. EsoptrosOer

Mod idea collection: I want this mod.

----I am getting REALLY sick of the stupid, " But I took an arrow in the knee reference."    It was funny at first, but now it got old, and the game barely has been out for very long!!

That is sad..  . . and annoying.  >_> 
  19. EsoptrosOer

SP Fantasy The Oblivion Crisis - A TES4 Mod - Looking for team

Or you could do that battle of Red-Mountain:  which would make things more variatized and interesting. . Just a thought. 
  20. EsoptrosOer

Lookin amazing!  Keep up the good work!
Back
Top Bottom