Search results for query: *

1. {} Australia & New Zealand Multiplayer Community Thread {}

Old players. Come back to WB. Match Making is now a thing and it is fun. Check it out at M&B OCE discord. ADORIUS
  2. MP Matchmaking servers for OCE region

thanx and please
  3. {} Australia & New Zealand Multiplayer Community Thread {}

Very upsetting news. My thoughts go out to his family and friends during this difficult time.

Although it was a few years ago, I had the pleasure of meeting Chris in person during a trip to Sydney. We had some drinks at a bar, played pool and I met some of his mates, though under the guise that I was a 'family friend'. We all act differently online compared to how we really are, and Chris was certainly no exception.

For those that spent a lot of time with Chris, he clearly had some issues and insecurities that plagued him. He also had some cynical thoughts and opinions that may have stemmed from spending too much time in isolation and on some questionable parts of the internet. These cynical thoughts can fester when left alone, and may have played a part in Chris making an impulsive decision that I am sure he would regret.

I would like to reinforce what Enzo said, as I think he perfectly put into words how we should act, especially if we ever think someone around us is struggling.

TakeNotezz said:
    I can't begin to explain how devastating it is that your demons prevailed on this day, but I think it speaks volumes to the fragility of the human condition. We all know what it's like to go through the range of emotions, to be here one day and there the next. Simply put, you never really know what's going on inside someone else's head, but it's evidently never one single thing or emotion. Although we should each take responsibility for our personal well-being first and foremost, a simple and genuine "Gday" can go much further than you'd think. Be patient, be understanding, picture your lowest moment and then imagine the person next to you going through the exact same thing.

There are many organisations such as Lifeline, Beyond Blue and The Black Dog Institute that offer support for mental health issues, if one cannot bring themselves to first talk to family or friends. I also encourage people to not be too absorbed by whatever one may do online, and urge everyone to maintain a balance between life at the computer, and life away from the computer.

As many of us have said, Chris was certainly a memorable character and one that will not be forgotten about.

Rest in peace Chris.
  4. Petition for Australian/Oceania Servers

signed becuase the legendery_warrier geris did
  5. {} Australia & New Zealand Multiplayer Community Thread {}

yedrellow said:
    Meevar the Mighty said:
    Normally a good idea to announce the competition before entries close imo.

Yeah I agree, it was done by invitation through a steam group which isnt ideal because retired players probably wouldn't notice it. I wasn't responsible for organising this tournament, but maybe if/when we have a second tournament we will try and get word out so currently inactive players have a chance of knowing about it.

Agreed. I was just going to post about the tourney but it seems you've done that for me.

Since this tourney has had a good attendance and reception so far, we'll likely organise another one soon after. To the old players that are interested and might happen to see this post, you can contact Frantown (http://steamcommunity.com/id/Frantown/) or I (http://steamcommunity.com/id/warbandneckbeard/) regarding this.

The steam group we use for everything is here http://steamcommunity.com/groups/*****zaintnuthnbuthoesNtrix
    It details all the rules and structure we've had so far, which is all open to adjustment for any future tourneys.

In similar news, we've had a number of scrims over the past few months as well. There were only 2 clans going at it (BoY and TYK) with some rag-tag schoolyard pick scrims as well. This has inspired c1_new to revive his clan of old and hopefully join in when he has the numbers. I'm sure he'd welcome players, especially the geezers that still read these forums. More clans would be a miracle and welcomed with open arms.

Cheers :wink:))
  6. {} Australia & New Zealand Multiplayer Community Thread {}

pewpew said:
    I thought it was only wfas?

It rotates between wfas and Native Warband, but wfas is irrelevant.
  7. {} Australia & New Zealand Multiplayer Community Thread {}

LCC (that new community thing) has started doing duel tournaments again. That might mean a few people on TGD Duels leading up to it, if we're lucky. It's on this Sunday at 3pm AEST, no forums signup needed. Hopefully it gets some decent players, c1_goris should be there.
  8. {} Australia & New Zealand Multiplayer Community Thread {}

Jesus YOUR LORD said:
    You cannot kill what does not live.
  9. {} Australia & New Zealand Multiplayer Community Thread {}

You cannot kill what does not live.

JmZjBqh.png
  10. {} Australia & New Zealand Multiplayer Community Thread {}

They're back now, not sure when they came back exactly, but it doesn't matter.

GoN_Duels, 20-0.
  11. {} Australia & New Zealand Multiplayer Community Thread {}

Something is afoot. But I must say, Wulfgar makes a convincing case and has a great history and reputation throughout warband. +1.
  12. {} Australia & New Zealand Multiplayer Community Thread {}

Braden, please.

Sydney people don't get 60 ping on GoN nor do they *****.
    You rarely have 100 ping, it is usually 80 or so.
    You rarely top scoreboards.
    You will never be admin.
    You adore ACC1 and aim to be him.

But yea, GoN_Duels please, +1 for yed as admin.
  13. {} Australia & New Zealand Multiplayer Community Thread {}

While people may think this either good or bad, I got Baron Baanus to convert the current LCC_Native_Battle (which is always empty) to a duel server, hopefully staying that way for awhile. Doubt this will get yed back, because it's hosted in Sydney. Better than nothing, right?

TGD is very recently back up, though laggy. It will suffice for now.
  14. {} Australia & New Zealand Multiplayer Community Thread {}

Jesus YOUR LORD said:
    I guess you'll just have to hang with your buds until something better comes around.

I can do that.
    weIEpGh.jpg
  15. {} Australia & New Zealand Multiplayer Community Thread {}

Is that another Goris alt? He's been going crazy with those, world-renown criminel.
  16. {} Australia & New Zealand Multiplayer Community Thread {}

LCC has only very recently started the native events as God mentioned. They've had native events months in the past, but they weren't all that friendly to newer players. They mainly consisted of duel tournaments and PW4 shield battles, which a new person may not make the trouble to get involved in.

Things may start to improve. These native events seem to be happening a lot but it's hard to tell if it helps. At least they will be easy for new players to get involved with and see the potential of the game.

Clans come and go, and the ones that are made up of and led by a relatively new player last for a month at the most it seems. There's been some merging of the remainders of those clans, and SPQRL are one that may be active for a while. Another new clan called Ymen claim to have 20+ players, but only 6 or so have ever turned up to a scrim and even without a leader. HoG and TGD are active, but Aoi seems to be dwindling. PoY may be a new challenger.

Massing together new players in a clan doesn't work, so experienced players should start joining up or creating some. People probably look at it as a waste of time, hopefully they can be convinced otherwise.

In others news, HoG turns 1 year old on the 9th. So we aren't all that old, I think.
  17. Community Skill Levels

Mr.X said:
    I would argue that I've seen numerous people attempting to use other weapons in high level duels, and after realizing how stupid it was to have less reach, be stunned, and barely get an increased speed that really doesn't make a wepaon harder to block, they went back to using big swords.

Then get 2 people to use a one handed weapon instead of a sword verse a great sword. Maybe even try a strictly 1-handed tournament.
  18. {} Australia & New Zealand Multiplayer Community Thread {}

That picture released a great amount of lo, inside me. I saved that, I mean wow. Every single face and shape is priceless. 1000 denari to you.
Back
Top Bottom