Search results for query: *

1. matmannen

Empire of Sigmar: What's the point of crssbows?

One of my favourite factions in Osiris is thus far the Empire of Sigmar, but there is something concerns me, namely the crossbow soldier class. So, when it comes to ranged, I've tried te Marksman and Cannoneer and Rifle and crossbow classes, and their meta seems to be as follows:     Marksman ...
  2. matmannen

What factions or units could you do without?

As many might already know; the devs have filled out the Warband engine. To assist them in whatever way I can, I chose to make this thread. If you feel so inclined please leave a post explaining what faction or units and you could do without and why, so as to save memory for content you would...
  3. matmannen

There needs to be some type of tournament!!!

Inzunza said:
    All duels must be to the death.  Or at least a few of them.

Didn't duels to first blood exist?

EDIT: The drunks in the taverns are duels to death. But instead of him being drunk maybe you step on his toe and he wants to defend his honor...
  4. matmannen

Can someone help me? (solved)

YoureDeadToMe said:
    When I download any warband mod usually the archive is corrupted. The only way I can get a working mod is if I download it from https://mega.co.nz/

If someone could get the file and upload it there I would be thankful.

Sometimes if you browse while downloading the file gets corrupted. Had had this issue but when I stopped browsing all was well...
  5. matmannen

The_Hussar said:
    I think you can also win a lady's heart by fighting a lord who insulted her. This can be arranged as a duel and would fit the time period nicely  :wink:

Sadly that happens like never...
  6. matmannen

Tournaments is the only way you can establish good relations with the lady's of the realm. The lady's you can use to influence the other commanders, they are an important part of Warband Gameplay. Currently politics is very crippled and restriced due to this lack. I understand that a medieval...
  7. matmannen

FAQ: Compilation of everything we know so far

Why isn't this post stickied? It's kind of helpfull...
  8. matmannen

Suggestion Thread. Your ideas here.

The Mighty McLovin said:
    I still don't see why NW would become unpopular.

Still reading things into this I never wrote...
  9. matmannen

Diagram of troop tiers?

Sorry about double post:

The post doesn't explain how you get Hungarian troops...
  10. matmannen

Diagram of troop tiers?

I think that post should be sickied...
  11. matmannen

Diagram of troop tiers?

Is there a diagram of all troops from all nations and their development tiers. I am currently trying to get Grenz Fusiliers, but neither light infantry nor line infantry seems to develop into them. A diagram would help alot of people I think...
  12. matmannen

War Diaries (POSTS 1 AND 3) Continued! Royal Highlander Greatcoat Kilt Fixed!

Bio
    Name: Ádam Borza
    Ethnicity: Hungarian
    Nationality: Austrian

Backstory
    Bah, this beer is so bittter, but this is what you get when you don't have the fracs for anything better. Just arrived at vienna after leaving my home, my past, leaving everything behind me. My father was a hunter living close to the Ottoman borders, he made sure to teach me everything he know of hunting, stalking and trapping. I guess he wanted me to follow in the tradition of our family; hunting. As far as I know my father has been hunting his entire life, and so did his father, and his grand father and so on. Apparantly when called on we served as Grenz infanrty and cavalry, we know the land ofcourse, I never experienced it though.
    When I came of age, I just couldn't settle with the lot he had given me; a hunter, really? So I left. I left my father and started applying my learned skills elsewhere. First I started guiding caravans through the rugged bandit infested borderlands. I helped fight of bandits trying to rob us, but soon I joined the bandits and started raiding the caravans I had once protected. My part of the job was to deliberatly lead the caravans into ambushes.
    Soon my life would change through a simply messege. It was given to me while in Budapest on the lookout for new caravans. It was a simple messege from my old village elder. It said: Come quick, it's your father...
    I guess my old village leder had made sure to keep tabs on me, did he know of my banditry, what will my father say? I put it of for a few days, finally I left for my childhood home. I bailed in the middle of a mission, the others won't let me back into the gang now. When I arrived I was perplexed. Large parts of the village seemed to have been burnet down, many were in mourning. It was already to late, my father was dead. Not from age nor sickness, but wounds. Raiders had attacked the village, ottoman raiders I was told. I got on my horse and galopped and galopped until the my horse refused to go any further...

Well, ow I am here at a cheap ass inn in Vienna. What will I do with my live, I don't know. One thing is for sure, I will go down to the bar and buy myself another grog, I'm not even close to drunk enaugh...

April 10th 1809
    Strange things happen. When climbing down the strairs to get the other grog I accidentally bumbed into a pompous ******* who can't see the diffrence between an acident an a delibarity offence. Anyway, one thing lead to the other I cut him down with a sword. But thinks would stop getting wierder I went from a drunk in a cheap inn to battling next to a bunch of costums officers against a whole gang of smugglers. Anyway, that little adventure is finally over and I am back to being a drunk. What will I do with my life? I was able to win a few fracns in a fist fight, but they won't get me far...

May 28th 1809
    Wow, two months have already passed. I ended up joining the austrian army, can you believe it? I am leading a small company of Chevaux-leger, scouting for the bigger army we have done our duty. The war in north has gone very well; poland is almost entirly conquered, and they have now sued for peace. Emporer Franz included me in the spoiles of war and awarded me the village of Praga. The war in the south though has been an utter disaster. All of austria propor and hungary has been conquered by the small kingdom of Naples. They have conquered my homeland, and I can't do anything about it, me and my small company scouts. It makes me furius that the emporer let Austria be so heavily beaten by a small italien kingdom. **** the emporer...

Maybe, I don't know? Maybe it's time to move on. My father is dead, what more binds me to this country?

July 11th 1809
    So I did it, I left the austrian army. No hard feelings it seems. I tried picking up goods peddling, but I just didn't work. I couldn't even haggle decently. Well, in Hannover I ran into a young lass called Ymira. She told me some sob story about how she flees from an older suiter and her father demanding she respond to this suiter, I didn't care very much. What cought my ear was who her father is; he is a rich hannovorian merchent. Thinking fate had dealt me a good hand I took Ymira under my wing. I would teach her warfare and in return she would help me with my trading endevours. And did they go well. Me and Ymira travelled across europe from Edinburgh to Naples we travelled, and rich did we become. I ended up founding several small sclae industries through out the cities. Sadly our ways parted when we were assailed by a pair of bandits in the russian tundra.
    I tried looking for her in local inns without any luck; is she even alive? I bumped into a local named Bunduk, strange name for a russian. He asked to come with me on my travels, as serving in the local garrison had become a bore for him. Well, I obliged, but we didn't get far until we were attacked by bandits. I tied, but I couldn't hold them back. I was knocked from my horse, and off the horse skill doesn't matter when you are foighting 20 at one moment.
    Now I am alone again, I have no Ymira to help me in my trade, and gods know what I will do. I am now a successfull trader and business owner, perhaps some army will have me lead and fund a regiment or so. We'll see...

August 9th 1809
    I tend not to write in my journals very often it seems. Anyway, I tried my luck and asked to the astrian army again. I made sure to bring light to the finacial benefits I would bring to the austrian army. Holy ****, they actually acceoted me. Not only that I was appointed a small comany of Cuirrasiers. It seems money is the priority, not loyalty, money can buy anything in these desperate times. Seeing that the relationship between Austria and Prussia is a bit tense at the moment I decided to give the situation a little push. I ambushed a smaller company of about 100 men and destroyed them to the last man. I took their commander as a POW in the process. I ended up selling him to king Wilhelm for over 3000 francs. Sadly I lost a few of my soldiers in the process.
    I got word that Ymira had emerged in Paris. Risky, travelling through Nappes lands is risky, but it is a risk worth taking. Ymira has medical knowledge that are invaluable to me. Long story short, I tired to sneak into Paris but I was detected by the local guards. I managed to beat them down and run though, so no problem.
    On the way home I decided to attack Frankfurt. The french had recently taken it from the Rhen confederation. I lost about 15 cuirrasiers, but we stormed the fortifiactions and cut them down. I am hoping that Emporer Franz will award me the city. Not soon after a small french force tried attacking the city. The defence was deseprate, but we managed to hold them back. Lost about 20 more cuirrasiers though. I am refilling my ranks with local Germans, but this is only temporary. I need to return to austria to bolster my ranks with native austrians, hough I can't leave the city defensless. What will I do?

August 10th 1809
    I can't believe it. Emporer Franz refuses to award me the city. Instead a offers me 900 francs, seriously? I make triple that from my businesses alone. Instead he will award it to some milk drinker. maybe, atleast I will give me a promotion my my endevour?
  13. matmannen

Music suggestions?

I din't know if there is a thread where we can suggest music that we find "appropriate" for the setting. If there isn't I am making one here. Criteria: Song name, artist and a link to a sample, like a youtube clip. Red September - Terry Devine-King Link...
  14. matmannen

Suggestion Thread. Your ideas here.

The Mighty McLovin said:
    matmannen said:
    Firestorm said:
    Most people are going to use this mod as an excuse to not buy nw.. I would think most if not all lbs will stay to nw... Personally I don't think the march mode will be put on a high priority at the moment for mp.

NW is so old now hat those who haven't bought it probably never will...

So what? Warband is 2 years older than NW and it's still enjoyable. Just because a game is old doesn't mean it's bad. I mean, sometimes NW can get boring if you're not in a regiment, but if you're in a regiment then it can be fun.

And why would you need an excuse? I use NW for multiplayer and L'Aigle for singleplayer.

Who said anything about it being bad. You are reading things into that that I never wrote. I am saying that it isn't very likly to be bought anymore, meaning that if L'Aigle gets mutliplayer it isn't going to take money from the developers as the people that play L'Aigle for multiplayer either already own NW or wern't going to buy it anyway...

...Chezz
  15. matmannen

Take ALL the peace agreements

For several months now there has been peace, it's getting abit dull. There needs to be more war or more stuff to do during the peace. Additionally somewhere to stove your regiment during peace time...
  16. matmannen

How to find Army recruiters

Docm30 said:
    If you know that why didn't you know Saint Pete was the capital in 1809?

Well, I didn't really not know it. I just had never thought about it. When I have now seen that S:t Petersburg was the Capital at this time, I can understand why based on my knowledge of previous history. Russian history really isn't my area, but I know a few details  :wink:
  17. matmannen

Official Bug Report Thread. Post all problems here!

This might have already been mentioned but Naval battles accuring on bridges and random times on the field is kind of wierd.

(Naval battles on small rivers is also kind of wierd since it's a river, not an open ocean)

EDIT: After some testing, it seems planning battles might have something to do with it. This needs to be confirmed though...
  18. matmannen

Inzunza said:
    matmannen said:
    Bluehawk said:
    The recruiter for Russia is in St. Petersburg, not Moscow. He is at the T-section opposite to the river, beside the cannon and flag, which is at the entrance to the tavern.

Yeah, actually relized that S:t Petersburg is the capital for russia in the mod, wasn't very hard to find there. Anyway, that you for taking your time to answer my concern. Issue is solved, thread can be locked...

St Petersburg was almost always the capital for Russia?  Not just this mod, but in reality.

Well, not really. S:t Peterburg isn't even that old when compared to other cities (compared to modern day cities it's pretty ******** old though  :lol:) Russia was created by several Grand Duchies and smaller Tsardoms joining into one. The leading Tsardom was called something like Muscovy Tsardova (I looked it up:  Velikoye Knyazhestvo Moskovskoye: Grand Principality of Moscow). So, the Tsardom of Moscow. Moscow was the capital of Russia (atleast from Ivan the Terrible, but perhaps even further back) up until Peter the Great founded S:t Petersburg after the second great Northern War. S:t Peterburg became the new capital, not only to put as much satl into the swedish wound as possible  :razz: but also becasue S:t Petersburg was russias key to the west and European trade...

It's a bit complicated... as always...
  19. matmannen

Bluehawk said:
    The recruiter for Russia is in St. Petersburg, not Moscow. He is at the T-section opposite to the river, beside the cannon and flag, which is at the entrance to the tavern.

Yeah, actually relized that S:t Petersburg is the capital for russia in the mod, wasn't very hard to find there. Anyway, that you for taking your time to answer my concern. Issue is solved, thread can be locked...
  20. matmannen

I have been combing every ally, every inch of Moscows street yet I haven't found a person called Amry recruiter or anything like it. Could somebody give a few tips on how to find the recruiter please... Yes, Mosco still belongs to Russia...
Back
Top Bottom