Search results for query: *

1. Ironic

Podcasts you listen to...

History of Rome

Joe Rogan

Jorden Peterson
  2. Ironic

TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

Honved I suggest setting the time of the war back until you reach level 20? It give you time to get influence, troops and relations with the ally lords. That's what I did as Gondor and I had no problem defeating Mordor, honestly it was easy but I intentionally set my options to that.
  3. Ironic

TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

I have a question about a bug that may be.
    So as playing Gondor is there an order on the enemy Strongholds that get sieged? Because for me playing as Gondor it went like this, Mordor Outpost, Mordor Camp/Outpost, Khand Camp, Corsair Camp, then going to Morannon bypassing East Osgiliath and Minas Morgul, we sacked Morannon and then Mordor was defeated :???:  I was sad because it was too easy, we never even got to siege the other towns and Bara-dur (is it even implemented yet?) So is it a bug that we bypassed the other towns and went to Morannon which once destroyed leads to Mordor's defeat?
    Another question about something that I thought might be a bug is after winning a battle against an enemy lord a lot of times I get no window showing that the enemy lord "managed to escape" even though I never captured him either or killed for that matter. So whats going on there?

Playing as Gondor on TLD has got to be one of the best M&B experiences so thanks all TLD devs!
  4. Ironic

Ducking/dodging as part of combat

Ask said:
    Ah yes, the classical roll spam combat system would be a fine addition to the game, certainly much more engaging than proper distance managing, directional attacks and unintended feints.

Yea well like I said if they had a stamina feature you couldn't spam such movements. And I'm not suggesting rolling my OP is about ducking and dodging mostly ducking.
  5. Ironic

Orion said:
    As for dodging or rolling or anything like that, it's been discussed many times before and no-one has yet come up with quality solutions to the many problems it would introduce. One particular problem is dodging/sidestepping projectiles, which all move slow enough and are precise enough to make any bespoke dodge mechanic the strongest counter to archers second to shields. You can already fake out an archer with mindgames and unpredictable movement, but to give players a trump card to try and cheat death again if they failed the first time is excessively punishing for the archer. Any dodge motion that quickly moves you a body's width or more puts archery balance in a tenuous position, while any movement that isn't quick or doesn't move at least a body's width would be useless in melee anyway so it's pointless.

This is a good point and begs the reason to have a good stamina system in game. Flop around like an idiot trying to gook out the archer only to drain your stamina...yeah I don't see why stamina hasn't been introduced yet but that's another story for another topic probably that's already been brought up a thousand times.

What I really want is more things like kicks. I really like kicks because they gave you the opportunity to pull off more moves allowing you to have a better chance against multipal opponents. Where as a back and forth of block, hit, block, hit, or spam, spam, spam, spam, or feint,feint, hit, feint, hit, etc...Chambering is also something you can do to give you a upper hand which I really like. Basically I want to see more things like this, kicks and chambering, things that allow you to flow and chain your attacks. Just like in HEMA if you successfully block an attack you should be rewarded with a possible counter attack that is chained to your block you preformed.

I don't know maybe I'm just fantasizing  :neutral: but I think some thing more could be done. 

Honved said:
    Why do they call it a "duck" when you're being a "chicken"?

...no
  6. Ironic

No not rolling, ducks and dodges like you'd see in a boxing fight.

I'm thinking dodges might be a little to over bearing with the controls like others are saying, but a key for a simple duck I think would be very doable.
  7. Ironic

Vandien said:
    I've no idea if it's realistic in terms of historical accuracy, and don't really care. My issue is simply that it could over complicate things.

Would your enemy have to crouch in order to block low blows? Because if that's the case, I think it'd be too complicated. And if they don't have to crouch to block low blows, then there's no advantage to using low blows.

I don't know if its just me but do you mean high blows? Crouching to block low blows doesn't make sense. Using a low blow would have an advantage just in case some one did duck/crouch. I'm I misunderstanding you here?

Vandien said:
    It'd probably be a fine addition to 1 on 1 duels, but in the middle of a battlefield I feel it'd be too much to keep track of.
    I agree in general. If done the way I'm thinking though it would be used similarly as kicks. In the middle of a battlefield kicks can be pulled off effectively from time to time.

Vandien said:
    And I can't imagine why anyone would choose to use a dagger. A dagger is a last resort, and it seems like pointless work to introduce a whole new mechanic for a last resort weapon very few people would use.
    Yes I know I was more thinking along fantasy lines here.
  8. Ironic

What are your thoughts about ducking i.e. like in boxing to dodge blows from melee and even arrows (maybe)? I think it would add another dynamic edge to combat, like kicking & shield bashing. That is if done right. Imagine your up against a heavier equipped, thus slower fighter wielding a...
  9. Ironic

Random Media v.4 (Comedy Optional, Interesting Optional)

Confederate Reenactors  :lol:

10. Ironic

Solo: A Star Wars Story thread

My bet is that its going to be sh!t.
    As always with the trailers they look better then the actual movie, darker and more serious yet in reality they end up with a stupid mix of seriousness and stupid marvel humor.
    Just my opinion though. 
  11. Ironic

Google it? Or just ask some one? does it matter? 

I understand it now, after having watched a couple other 'curb' videos
  12. Ironic

BenKenobi said:

You'll have to explain to me what the video title means?

Forgive me if I'm not up to date with internet memes references.
  13. Ironic

Feragorn said:
    Welcome to 2007.

So?
  14. Ironic

Anyone here know of Drunk History channel on YouTube? I just discovered it.
    Those who don't know it, its about stories of different people throughout history being narrated by drunk people then its acted out using the drunkard's words as the "script" for the "play".   

15. Ironic

We who are about to Die! Made by an old m&b modder - me!

Highelf!

When I saw your name I knew this was going to be good, I can remember some of the mods you helped with back in the day for M&B, they were some the best IMO.

I like what I'm seeing so far, good work!

16. Ironic

Joining a Battle

+1

Yes this is a great idea that I've also always wanted to see happen too.
    I think Innocent Flower was already saying this but to have allies join in your battle that you started, the time when they would arrive would be based on how far they were from you on the world map.
  17. Ironic

About weapons on the back...

I like the idea of weapons on the back/bigger weapons taking longer to draw and sheath. It could be seen as kinda like part of the "encumbrance system". Speaking of sheathing makes me think you should have to take that action/time before drawing the next weapon, alternatively you could just drop the weapon to equip your sidearm faster. The more I think about this the more I like. I think of it as balancing and diversifying fighting styles. Every weapon would have to have its own drawing&sheathing speed.
  18. Ironic

Rate the song above you!

Sorry I can't relate to that style of music and culture, never grew up with it but I respect the expression. I'm not even sure what type of genre that is, hip-hop w/rap?
    For what it was I didn't think it was that good, 3/10, but thats mostly on the point that I don't understand it.

19. Ironic

Dev Blog 17/08/17

produno said:
    To everyone else - Diablo 3 was in development for 11 years. If we go by that then TW have another 6 years to perfect Bannerlord  :lol:

It had also sold 30million copies after 3 years of its release and was still the 10th most popular game. So that's what 11 years of hype does for you... Cant wait to play Bannerlord in 2023  :wink:

:lol:

20. Ironic

What are you listening to right now? Mark IV.

I went out and watched John Wick 2 the other day, best thing I liked about the movie was discovering the artist Nostalghia who sings a song along with a band during a fight scene in Rome.

This isn't the song in the movie but after checking out some of her songs this one is my favorite of hers.

This is the song from the movie if anyone is interested.
Back
Top Bottom