Search results for query: *

1. mundilfaeri

A Medieval Ballad

Thanks, RalliX! I Have to say, I was pleasantly surprised by the response.

Oh, and if you want to put a part of it in your sig, go ahead. So long as you give credit were credit is due.
  2. mundilfaeri

A Medieval Ballad

Hi, there.  It's been a long time since I last posted, so I decided to bring you a little poem I wrought years ago. It's actually the lyric of a song (with refrain included), which means it's a little more free-form than your traditional poem. The rythm would be sort of medievalish-waltzy style...
  3. mundilfaeri

:Reset the poll: Whats the most popular faction? :Vote:

Nate said:
    Rhodoks forever!
    Kicking Swadian asses since our independence!
    Viva la resistance!
    Viva la Republica!
  4. mundilfaeri

What is the hardest Castle to seige?

HugoC said:
    Of course it is. Did I say otherwise? No.
    No it doesn't. The statement "if you wanted to rebuild the castle before you use it." is entirely absolute. You either want to use it or you do not, and if you have razed it you will have to rebuild it before that is possible.
    Calm down there, chief. No reason to get all worked up about it. I replied earlier because your original statement sounded to me a little bit ironic.

Regarding the "absolute" commentary, as all absolutes, it tends to oversimplify things. It depends on the conditions of the situation. That's what I pointed at with that second sentence. For example, if you don't have enough wood/time/expertise to rebuild a castle, it's better not to destroy the original one. If you do, best not to waist any men and burn the thing to the ground. So it's not just a matter of wanting/not wanting to use it.
    Note that I'm referring to wooden fortifications in general, not just Almerra castle.
  5. mundilfaeri

HugoC said:
    Only if you wanted to have to rebuild the castle before you could use it.
    A strategic position is more important than a bunch of wood. Of course, it depends on your resources and the quality of the fortification you'd be willing to raze to the ground.
  6. mundilfaeri

Owning Curin castle, in front of Tihr, gave me a great strategical advantage. I basically piled more than 300 men there (plus the ones I carried with me), and waited until there where no lords in the city to attack. Being able to carry about 80 troops, I had to do it 3 times, if I remember correctly, withdrawing when I was out of men.
    I don't think I'll be able to do it again, though, since I doubt the king will give me another castle. :mad:
  7. mundilfaeri

A lament for Calradia

Thanks, RalliX!
  8. mundilfaeri

A lament for Calradia

I'm glad to see that people like it.

RalliX: True, it's not precisely what you would call an anthem, but that's the first thing that came to mind when writing the topic title. Perhaps "lament" would be more accurate. I'd change the title if I could, but I don't see a way to do it.
    Oh, and if there was an actual question on that second strophe, sorry, didn't get it. Still liked the poetic response. :smile:

9. mundilfaeri

Change or Edit 'Save As/Save' Game File Name?

No reason to be ashamed, it happens to the best of us.:wink:
    Glad I could help.
  10. mundilfaeri

Shishou said:
    It's not a castle, but Tihr can be notoriously difficult to siege due to its architecture;
    Tell me about it. I just recently captured the town. What a pain in the ass that was.

On the defending side, I found Chalbek to be quite difficult, at least against large armies, having gotten accustomed to siege tower sieges. The enemies just get inside too quickly in Chalbek.
  11. mundilfaeri

Who are the Rhodoks?

Oskatat said:
    is it fair to say that any nation in this game is not so much based on 1  real nation, but rather a group of them? taking and leaving as desired.
    I think this is the more likely possibility.

In my game, Graveth is a Consul, not a king.
  12. mundilfaeri

Masterwork Weapons

MorningRain said:
    ALL HAIL THE MASTERWORK WOODEN STICK!!!!!!!!

All hail!!!
  13. mundilfaeri

Change or Edit 'Save As/Save' Game File Name?

Do you want to change the file name only on the folder, or in-game, so it doesn't have your character's name on it? If the latter's the case, it's easy: when you save, just erase the default char name and write whatever you want before clicking "ok".
  14. mundilfaeri

Rebel is better then Marshal? (Questions inside)

Ringwraith #5 said:
    Also, http://www.ealasaid.com/misc/vsd/wraith5.html

That's pretty funny. Loved the "Still disembodied" part.
  15. mundilfaeri

1 Handed sword suggestions?

True. Even more so, since something that can penetrate steel would find leather to be considerably less resistant. Plus, if we want to get knitpicky, heavy armor was used with some kind of padding underneath, so you still have that protection.
    I suppose (if what I read about leather's resistance in the game is true) it would be a balancing thing.
  16. mundilfaeri

It's just something I read somewhere here in the forum (regarding leather armor; mail was just a guess). If that's not the case, then piercing weapons are all the more better, since they cancel any type of armor. Don't know if they cancel it completely, but whatever reduction the give is sufficient to compensate for the slightly less damage they inflict. I constantly get 1-hit kills with morningstars. Not so much with 1-handed bastard swords. The difference is significant.
  17. mundilfaeri

Rebel is better then Marshal? (Questions inside)

Yep, just got my renown past the thousand mark and soon got nominated to be marshall. Lost though. :sad:
  18. mundilfaeri

Hannibal Barca

Ringwraith #5 said:
    ...the correct way to pogo-sword is with the blade pointing downwards, towards the enemies.
    It's common sense, really. And very Monty-Pythonesque. Which is also common sense.

As a matter of fact, that's how the Romans built their empire: by trampling their enemies with their massive pogo-gladius charges. The shields they actually used to surf with, Legolas-style.
  19. mundilfaeri

Renouncing Vassalage Surrenders Castles and Fiefs?

Beforehand. If you renounce peacefully, by asking your king to be released from your oath, you lose everything. So naturally, it will then be too late to take it back (unless by force). Since you're not part of the kingdom anymore but you're not against it either, there's not much reason for you to keep lands that are part of the kingdom.

Now, as Northcott said, if you rebel against the king by taking any castle/town you conquered but he gave to someone else, then you become his enemy and a rebel. There's your chance, since you're pretty much abandoning him in not so good terms (in other words, telling him to go f*ck himself).
  20. mundilfaeri

Bastard sword is my favorite, but, eventhough it deals good damage and has long reach, I found it isn't quite effective, at least with one hand. Actually, that goes for all 1h-swords. And eventhough they're not my preferred weapons, military picks are great, and morningstars, although slow, are better. You just can't beat that piercing damage. Sure, leather type armor (and possibly mail?) is more resistant to them, but that kind of armor is usually wore by weak troops, like archers, who still take massive damage from the blows.
    I've started quite a few characters using swords, and inevitably ended up using picks.
    I'm still thinking about turning back to my dear bastard. But two handed this time.
Back
Top Bottom