Search results for query: *

1. Jan Arie

Starting my first mod

Thank you so much for your reply and support!
    I will certainly read these! (So far, it's been nothing but reading, wich I like :lol:)
    After reading that first article, I now know for certain that I won't be assembling a team. (Though maybe a modeller/animator if I get really stuck).

Anyway, thank you very much!
  2. Jan Arie

Starting my first mod

Good day everyone, hope you're all having a great time! After pondering for a while, I decided to make a full conversion mod. While this may seem like an unforgiving and cumbersome task on my own, I feel very motivated by all the open-source scripts, modules, textures, etc, this community has...
  3. Jan Arie

The Ultimate Introduction to Modding | Starting out? Read this!

I accidently removed the original "Path" when I tried to get the Python string on it.
    Atleast I got rid of the "Could Not Find C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Warband Modding\Module_system 1.171\*.pyc", but holy cow, that was a scare.
    I thought I destroyed my PC for sure :xf-oops::xf-cry::ROFLMAO:
  4. Jan Arie

Netherlands map???

I was wondering if I could use the map for the Batavian revolt. After watching some tutorials and starting up a module with Python (the essential first steps towards making a mod), I got intrigued by the idea of making a pre-Roman mod, with the aim of displaying the tribal world of the...
  5. Jan Arie

kalarhan said:
    Jan Arie said:
    Done the pathing as said in the tutorial.

your module_info.py is still on old folder "../WOTS/Modules/"

make sure you save the file and your path is correct.

Fantastic, that worked!
    Thanks for the quick reply!  :grin:
  6. Jan Arie

I have Python set up all and well.
    Done the pathing as said in the tutorial.
    But when I Build_Module.bat, all I get are errors, errors, and yes, errors. :sad:

7. Jan Arie

Did the PW kick the bucket?

Okay, so, long story short.
    RIP PW?  :cry:
    Or will servers come back eventually, after all this scipt mess has passed by? :ohdear:
  8. Jan Arie

Did the PW kick the bucket?

No EU servers, only an Anatolian server and a few strings on CRP. RIP PW?  :oops:
  9. Jan Arie

The Music Thread

Heilung <3
    https://youtu.be/xqdk34f210w
  10. Jan Arie

Jómsvíkingar [Recruiting]

Orchid said:
    Jan Arie said:
    There is truth in your words, along with the evidence I was looking for, but, I find these underlined statements an insult and a mockery of my good name and my reputation in the Vikingr community.
    I'll have you know, that I will not take these lightly.
    As ridiculous as though you and others might find it, this is a principle I live by, and I will not remain idle on it.
    I do not forgive, and I do not forget this act.
    I find these underlined statements extremely relative and insignificant on an internet forum.
    Good, then consider yourself a personal enemy of mine.
    You may not take this serious, but I do.
    You may think "this is just another internet warrior", but know that I hold tight on my virtues, no matter what time and place.
  11. Jan Arie

Orchid said:
    You remind me of Comical Ali. I understand you are eagerly defending and flattering Ragnar, quite possibly because you have your eyes set on rising through these silly ranks that have been put in place[/b]. But to deny the disorderly conduct displayed by many Jomsborg, you must either be blinded by love for Ragnar or blind entirely[/b]. However, proof is what you require, proof is what your faithful servant delivers.

Just a few examples, do with that as you wish. Now I seem to recall from a discussion Fródwine and I had with you that you weren't exactly the brightest fish in the pond

There is truth in your words, along with the evidence I was looking for, but, I find these underlined statements an insult and a mockery of my good name and my reputation in the Vikingr community.
    I'll have you know, that I will not take these lightly.
    As ridiculous as though you and others might find it, this is a principle I live by, and I will not remain idle on it.
    I do not forgive, and I do not forget this act.
  12. Jan Arie

Vidirhrafn said:
    Ragnar hasn't kept anything under control since the birth of the Jómsvíkingar. The amount of Jomsvikings kicked and banned at seemingly every single event is proof of that.
    Unless you've got evidence of that claim, I don't believe you.

Also note that I said Ragnar is doing his best to keep things under control.
  13. Jan Arie

I agree on the point, that measures must be taken by the group leader if there happens to be trouble with members, but the one who should be adressed is the individual him/herself.
    Ragnar, or any other clanleader, is not responsible for a certain mindset an individual player has, so casting the blame on the leader, or even the entire clan, is in my view, plainly unlogic, and very unfair to the innocents who suddenly get flamed and branded by the community in the result.
    Ragnar is doing his best to keep things under control, he warns the players who misbehave, and bans those that refuse to listen.
    And it should not be him who is to blame for a mistake or misbehaviour that was unforseen by him and the members.
  14. Jan Arie

Aklis said:
    That's good enough. As the leader of a clan, you are directly responsible for every member. You are supposedly the liaison between your clan and the admins, in this case Hroða, who had to sort out the mess that you made.
    If I may be so blunt, everyone is responsible of his/her own deeds, wether it be here, or the outside world.
  15. Jan Arie

Screenshots and Videos!

I got bored.  :wink:
  16. Jan Arie

The Mead Hall

Please don't troll or start off a flame war, k tnx bye.
  17. Jan Arie

Víkingr Jomsborg Event ( 23th February 2017) 18:00 GMT

Imperial Eagle said:
    I vote Conquest; it's a cool mode on Vikingr with small shieldwalls taking flags and was great at Sulcoit. I think it's a great but underplayed mode on Warband in general.
    I second that.  :wink:
  18. Jan Arie

Statement to the Community ( Excuse of the Jomsvikingar)

Leifr Eiríksson said:
    Hell; one sensible soul (whomever he is, bless) reminded the group that 'this ting is being recorded'.
    I did (also was the one recording).

As for the matter at hand, I for one do not wish that one or more members should be kicked from the clan.
    However, it is wise to take these things in consideration for the good of the clan, if I may speak so boldly.
    As Publilius Syrus once said: "pardon one offense and you encourage the commission of many".
    I think measures must be taken, like a lowered level of tolerance, or establishing officers to keep the order.

And, since we are representing a militairy order of legend, we might want to keep their description in the clan itself if we are to call ourselves Jómsvikingar.

For instance: "Once admitted, the Jomsvikings required adherence to a strict code of conduct in order to instill a sense of military discipline among its members. Any violation of these rules could be punished with immediate expulsion from the order. Each Jomsviking was bound to defend his brothers, as well as to avenge their deaths if necessary. He was forbidden to speak ill of his fellows or to quarrel with them. Blood feuds between members were to be mediated by Jomsviking officers. Jomsvikings were forbidden to show fear or to flee in the face of an enemy of equal or inferior strength, though orderly retreat in the face of vastly outnumbering forces appears to have been acceptable. All spoils of battle were to be equally distributed among the entire brotherhood. No Jomsviking was permitted to be absent from Jomsborg for more than three days without the permission of the brotherhood."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jomsvikings
  19. Jan Arie

Statement to the Community ( Excuse of the Jomsvikingar)

Leifr Eiríksson said:
    I have a nice Anglo-Saxon word for you.

(translated: You are a ****)

It WAS an irrational accusation, no need to be a bikkja about it.
    You and Celtichugs may blame Jomsborg for splitting the community, but bury in mind that frowning upon us won't make you more charished by the community yourselves, as a matter of fact, you are making the community-gap even bigger by doing so in your turn.
  20. Jan Arie

Screenshots and Videos!

Hugh Higgins said:
    Jan Arie said:
    Jomsvikingar Compilation.
    (Jomsvikingar vs Polanins)

Enjoy.  :wink:

I admire the effort and time put into making this. And it is well done.
    But I'd say it'd be more beneficial to both Joms and the community if one were to be made showing either all/majority of the major clans or even perhaps a mix of shieldwall or public. To show what we're about. Not all of the mod will be battles like that.
    Well, that's my opinion anyway.

I still have some footage from some events (such as sulcoit), when I have time, I'll make something equallevant in measure as this video :smile:
    PS: glad you liked it.  :wink:
Back
Top Bottom