Search results for query: *

• Users: gsanders
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. gsanders

Phantasy Calradia - 2024 reboot

After 6 years absence, I have resumed working on this mod. I received a message from Nexus Mods telling me downloads of the mod reached some threshold for this year and decided the Steam/Tale Worlds spring sale had brought new people back to Mount & Blade Warband. When I left the mod years...
  2. gsanders

Phantasy 2018 Dev log: part II

Tired of reading through 1000+ posts just to figure out what's changed in the last week? This is the place.   Here's the deal:  I need to record all this stuff so I can figure out what I actually changed.  If I don't write it as I'm making the change, I'll forget. I'm not writing here to say...
  3. gsanders

the Illustrated Manual - (step by step player's guide)

This thread will serve as an online manual with a screen shot driven walkthrough and discussion of each topic, with this first post containing and index and links taking you to the exact page.   "Nobody wants to read the last 1000 posts to simply use the mod".   Index:   1) How to install a...
  4. gsanders

Discussion, complaints, and everything else you wanted said put here:

So that I know what I can skip when performing triage on my time.   We all get it.  I'm unhappy with some parts of the mod, and parts of the community are unhappy with me.   Deal with it.  There isn't a plan B.     In the meantime, my time doesn't need to be frittered away playing forum PVP. ...
  5. gsanders

Download links for Phantasy 2018

Phantasy 2018 has been released as an open beta for some time - 10 days at least on Moddb and NexusMods. for NexusMods  the link is  https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6194 for Moddb the link is  http://www.moddb.com/mods/phantasy-calradia/downloads/phantasy-v150j   and Google Drive...
  6. gsanders

WIKI, from pure community efforts

http://phantasycalradia.wikia.com/wiki/PhantasyCalradia_Wiki       thanks to Alexjff for doing this.   I understand the game needs documentation, I'm just in forest fire mode right now.   It would be easier to dive in with better documentation!     I often assume anyone here read all the...
  7. gsanders

Rigale Guilds and learning walk through: intro to crafting

I'll put some screen captures here and discuss them a little later.   If I take time to finish this I'll run out of time to publish v143 this evening, as I have other tasks waiting on me this evening...   In brief, crafting in Phantasy 2017 takes two forms: 1) old style is Berembert's arcane...
  8. gsanders

Orc Necromancer with second class as Mage Walkthrough

Here's a walk through for people that don't want to burn 5 points on entertainment and start as a cleric or paladin. Instead, we'll make an orc male, choose "travelling merchant" and "street urchin" character backgrounds, select "Necromancer" as the class   lust for money and power to get a...
  9. gsanders

Walkthrough: 20 days Paladin Elf with Entertainment

I wanted to take a moment to show how I personally would do this character, as a sort of template for "best practices":   In 40 days I gain level 6 with only 2 fights, one of which was by clumsiness, and along the way I equip a half dozen or more companions, gain a starting force, get horses...
  10. gsanders

The state of the mod, and is it "Halloween" or "American Thanksgiving"...

This is a question like "when will you finish fixing your house".  There's always something else to do, but one day you decide its time to live in it and the next project can take a rest for a few days.  The mod's not "done".  I know that, Guspav has told me that (although I don't let him...
  11. gsanders

Bugs in Phantasy 2018

I suppose it seems early to list bugs in Phantasy 2017 considering not many have access, but it is useful for me to know what is open and what progress is made on it.   I let 4 people I trust see it and one returned a long (20+) list of detailed errors.  I picked people not just because they...
  12. gsanders

Phantasy 2018: Slideshow of features

from my (Dev) perspective.   I'll convert this to use something other than google drive tomorrow, but here's my slideshow without comments.  I'll annotate these sometime shortly.   https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4sh7GRykLgEcjUxOVQ4bks3cE0?usp=sharing      54 slides   look down...
  13. gsanders

Pho II -- weekly blog with source* (or How to make your own fantasy mod)

The subject says it all.   I decided all the sources I've seen either are missing too many features or have some fatal flaw in the old code, so it is time to start from the beginning and build a more robust code base.  I may as well show where each resource or topic is found, in as much as they...
  14. gsanders

Open blog - developing Magic as open source using Rigale as a framework

It's THAT time.   In essence, I can't open up Warsword Rigale, because it contains huge portions of Warsword Conquest.   I CAN open "Rigale", as it contains only stuff already open.   Opening the code allows some room for commentary, which also allows it to be a learning experience.   This is...
  15. gsanders

Warsword Rigale release, bugs, comments, etc.

Here's something to play with while waiting for more patches:   SUBMOD "Warsword Rigale", a Work in Progress that probably will never be "complete".   requires Warband v1.168; will not run on 1.158 and earlier.   make a copy of Warsword Conquest 2016  and then patch with this.   contains all...
  16. gsanders

Unofficial patches [0.78 test]

Please Note: These patches are to help us fix bugs in a timely manner and to see what is save game compatible and what isn't. All unofficial releases can be found in this thread. .773c  unofficial   allows player kingdom to make kingdom_parties also   requires at least .77 installed; any...
  17. gsanders

Whats cooking in the kitchen? What about .8 stuff?

New week and less than a week till Halloween.   Weekends nothing gets done around here.   Did try different skeletons from Elven path and many tries stretching the human model for giants; generally I have to stick with human skeletons or the armors don't fit, at all.  I can shrink the skeleton...
  18. gsanders

Experimental: Perisno .77

Not save game compatible to .76r2 or earlier.   IS save game compatible to .76r3 test PBOD b   This is really the last installment of "Perisno" for quite some time. Feature set:   Formations replaced with PBOD 92beta   dynamic dodge - the percent chance to dodge and take but 1 point of damage...
  19. gsanders

I can fly

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEejJ3YjZHX2Vkbmc/view?usp=sharing   I know I know, Neo did better.  But it burned a lot of time just to get it smooth.   Gah its like 20 lines.  You wouldn't think it needed so much effort.   The exercise was mostly a concept test; I knew it...
  20. gsanders

What I wish got fixed instead

I'm happy that Perisno .76 is getting pounded heavily to find weaknesses but most of the issues were solved with patch r2; yet a week later people ask if they should actually patch.  No, they should probably not patch.  I'll point them to an unpatched Perisno .7 from a year ago and suggest that...
Back
Top Bottom