Search results for query: *

1. gsanders

Tweaks for Phantasy 2018

Extra for later.
    I like the correct use of spoilers in the initial post, as this is how code snippets and other large text should be handled on the forum.

I applaud the tweaks idea but I released so many flavors of the mod it would be difficult to keep current. Hopefully with source access this task of tweaks will be "a little more trivial" - I find nothing is as "trivial" as it first seemed when attempting to mod (attempt is the correct word); just finding something used to waste considerable time.

I hope Guspav's original mod has more life with the next release; I will add source code to the original for comparison purposes separate from v160 source. There are > 120K lines difference. I just checked NexusMods has a clean set of the original Guspav Phantasy so I won't make a separate upload. https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6194

This allows one upload to contrast source between the two versions; in fairness to both me and Guspav they can be compared side by side and at the same time fans of either style can discover which version they prefer. For example, Guspav's original has gnomes; Necromancer can be added after character start, and there were more spells available. Eventually, some people might notice WHY some things were pulled, such as missile storm crashing to desktop. Guspav's version had less strict alignment and less limitation on Necromancy; while Phantasy 2018 v150, 156, 158, and now 160 had increased powers for Necromancers (to make them stronger as enemies) while having far fewer friends (making their undead brittle when facing Blazing Hand and paying more attention to day versus night as examples). There is considerable difference between the two flavors for handling npc magic users and clerics/paladins. There are more red text messages from errors in the original as well.
  2. gsanders

So.....

....Is this game heavily bugged? Does it work with latest warband version? Would you recommend it?
    Main unresolved bug: after treating epidemics you may get locked inside town or village and be unable to leave. The work-around is to go to town/village center, press Esc to save&exit, then load the save again and you are outside the town/village. You don't have to shut down and restart Warband.

There were some issues with quests, with the follow spy quest broken completely and the kidnapped girl possibly broken (or maybe I just did not do it correctly). Something to be aware is instead of basically one mod Phantasy is several distinct layers - Guspav's original, with version numbers below 1.00, my tweaks and changes, with versions starting at v149 through v159, and the current-about-to-release v160. Each of these had a different data model so it is not possible to mix and match savegames, or compiled .txt files from one version to another. The current asset list is backwards compatible though; I added very little artwork as I am not an artist, and deleted nothing, so what remains in textures, sounds, music, resource, and sceneobj folders are supersets of whatever used to be there.

As for the version, I tested Warband v1.174 with Phantasy 2018 v158 and it ran with no issues. I will re-release v158 + fixes from the last 6 weeks as "v160" shortly. I will also provide source for self use/education (as opposed to labelling it "OSP"). This may help with future bug hunting.
  3. gsanders

Phantasy Calradia - 2024 reboot

Glad you back gsanders! Don't wait us too long <3
    Hi Hounskull! Sorry I did not notice you were a/the subforum moderator!

I plan to release in a few days; I was hoping Friday 26th April but looking over the forums there are always more things I need to do.
    I still need to re-edit my walk throughs and documents for helping new players are half finished. These are not text files so will need approval, I think, for links to files at google drive. Maybe not, it's been so long since I was active here, just thinking ahead. I'll try to put everything needed in one big download, and a second small download with just walk throughs and documents for people to have some added self help if they could not find the same in their mod download.

I may also need some threads unlocked so I can update them; I'll make a list of topics that need unlocking. I originally locked them just to keep focus but now that I am not a forum mod it stops me too :smile:
  4. gsanders

Suggestions about game mechanics

Next update can you increase money merchants have by 10 or so. Late game when i have 10 trade and hunt down death knights and demons i have problems finding people to sell to. At the experimental level of diplomacy-trade they have at most 2.5k. ON that note add the smith for changing quality of items(reinforced, lordly etc). I noticed that the twiglight set doesnt have quality levels, it is much easier to use a lordly gauntlet 13 armor than the twiglight one with 10. Same with the boots, lordly pair has 40 leg and 9 body armor, but the twiglight boots have only 35 leg armor.

It is quite fun to play as a necromancer-priest but I recomend to add a ritual to summon/make death knights and demons, also add invisible helmets to the demons.

All that above are some complains and recomendations, everything else is quite nice. I can go on about diferent ideas mechanics and so on all year (5 days more give or take.) but considering i probably wont lift a finger to help with the mod, other than some testing, you might ignore them. I wont care as long as you gsanders keep doing an awsome job with this mod.

P.S- Will you be able to make rpoper summoners whith the code you got paid with for your work at wasworn conquest?
    No mod, warsword conquest or otherwise, paid me anything in currency.
    I feel sorry that I cursed their mod with my presence, as I pushed my awkward Rigale and Sea traders/sea battles onto them as a bundle of other changes. Most but not all of the errors from that era are now fixed at v160; there are no longer multiple player ships beached on shore, nor an ever expanding pool of parties slowing late game (and half of those added parties are disabled but still slowing each loop that is checking all parties for something). For that matter I miss the heads up display used at Perisno. I don't have any plans to use any unique code lifted from Warsword Conquest that I did not myself write.
  5. gsanders

Suggestions about game mechanics

This is a Berembert crafting suggestion, so I'm not sure if it's the right thread, but since the general suggestion thread had to be closed it seems like the best spot.

I really like the concept of Berembert's blast flasks, but I'm not playing a mage, so I can't buy the flame arrow scroll needed to make them. The spell scrolls don't turn up in the cheat menu item list, so I can't cheat to add it. I suspect my only option is to keep picking fights with mages and hoping that I get lucky.

Could the requirements for blast flasks be changed to items that don't require a specific class to purchase?
    This is a good suggestion; I am tight for time on this release but I'll think about if I can offer scrolls to non mages; perhaps trimming the list offered to a non-mage.
  6. gsanders

Bugs in Phantasy 2018

Berembert doesn't appear to actually create his crafted items. He takes the items out of my inventory, but doesn't give me the crafted item.

I've tested it with the repeating crossbow, the pulley bow, and the glue pot. In all cases, he takes the items out of inventory but doesn't create the crafted item. I thought it might be linked to his creativity of 9, so I leveled him up and put creativity at 10 but he still doesn't generate items.
    It takes one week, and when the timer expires be certain to have inventory space available or the item is not added.
    Berembert crafts differently than other crafting.
  7. gsanders

Bugs in Phantasy 2018

Choosing Fighter as a secondary class doesn't bring up the screen in which you pick your specialization. No paladin/fighter for me. :sad:
    This is now fixed, at v160.
  8. gsanders

Bugs in Phantasy 2018

all vendors in the game now only selling a single clothing item
    At the source level, a timer at module_triggers calls a script to restock each vendor.
    This script has a start and stop range for items that merchant will be using; once compiled instead of the named item the script only knows what array row at items to use, and is completely unaware of what that item really is. Between different major versions of Phantasy the items lines were rearranged, so anything compiled for say version 150 or even Guspav's original would not match the sequence used at v156 or 158.

If a player were to cut and paste from one version just the compiled .txt file for say scripts, or items, from one version and drop it into another version, thinking they now have just the "good stuff", the merchants would be refreshing the wrong items. If the scripts file was out of synch or pulled from an earlier (or later) version, the script getting called would ALSO be the wrong one, as once compiled the source line (call_script, parameter_script_to_call) becomes just the index value for that script, as it was at the moment the compile took place. But scripts are added and removed between major versions, so the index as compiled at one version does not necessarily match the next major version. For one item refresh, when the range of items was passed, the item for the end of the range is before the start of the range, so the script would only roll to add one item and finish. The behavoir is not from corrupted storage at each vendor; it is from mismatched compiled code or some third party tool to edit items (that assumed the items are ordered exactly as native, which they are not).
  9. gsanders

magic and necromancy issue

I started out as a necro and side classed as a mage, but when i press b my spells dont come up ( i do have a spell, magic missile) and when i hit m to select it necromancer and mage skills overlap eachother nad i can only select necromancer. Anyone know a fix ?
    Not sure what version you are running; v150, v156, and v158 are completely different and not interchangeable code + data models.
    I'll test v160 (really a tweaked v158 savegame model A but with important fixes). The major versions, odd numbers are test to see what works and what fails for major code changes; even versions are somewhat/sort-of "production" release, and the letter is savegame compatible through that letter regardless of the minor version (so savegame v158 A1 and A9 would stay the same, no variables added or removed, all the items in the same sequence, no new or removed items, etc), but v158 B1 could not salvage n A series save due to massive changes at the database layout. This is why I have a few thousand entry excel file tracking the exact layout included in this week's source, which you can peruse.

I HAVE a necro / mage test character in the current build, which shows mage spells exclusively. Necromancer functions are either automatic (lich aura, undead control) during battle or exist as menu additions at either camp: action or town recruiting (which is distinctly different than tavern recruiting, and requires actually HAVING your own town). There are no necro spells per se currently; it is automatic in battle exactly to prevent such a mage/necro collision.

(edit) this type of collision for necro added as a secondary or tertiary class is exactly how necromancer became primary class only.
    I don't see a happy way to mix both design styles, but maybe you'll come up with one at your own desktop. After a few hours coming up to speed, doubtless. How few that is remains to be seen.
  10. gsanders

Overhead Spear Thrust animation remove?

the animations are loaded at module.ini but probably present at module_items.py. Since the upcoming release contains full source, you may recompile your own flavor at your private desktop, and no longer rely on me to tweak anything. Source is not going to be "OSP", but I have no issue with tweaking on your side, off forum, to have experience you want instead of whatever I last put.

Of course, the mod is considerably larger and more intricate than I expect most people expect, and I would advise spending some time browsing the excel files I will provide both to bookmark every script name and their relative location in the source, every menu, most dialogs, every trigger/simple trigger and text for fast searching to locate each item, and a separate excel file for all the database layouts for each type, with a few thousand (really!) entries at each file. I wish I had those tools years ago, but in the last 6 years I managed to forget where everything was and had to start from the beginning again. It will be much easier for you than it ever was for me.

Should take you about 30 minutes to prep your first compile, counting installing python 2.7.anything and telling it to add itself to your path (I'll leave a screenshot how to set it up).

edit: I show upstab animations as removed at modmerger_options.py for v158 A series, so this issue may be v156ish.
  11. gsanders

Bug - Necromancer without necromancy skill & some questions

Greetings to whom will read this post.

I started playing a necromancer :
    First class : necromancer
    Second class : mage
    Race : vaegir

My character have an undead appearance, is it linked to my necromancer class ?

The bug is that in the character menu, I don't have any necromancy class wich should be I think between the creativity and the magic defense skills.

Plus I don't have acces to lichdom despite the fact that i can summon shadows. (I saw on a post here that a level of 8 in necromancy was necessary to sumon shadows and accès lichdom.

Another question : is it possible to play as an evil human or to play as a shadow ? (in fact having a shadow skin)

Thanks in advance for your help !
    Waking up as a necromancer now gives you the lich skin. This is intentional.

There is no access to Necromancer skill in order to keep you from trying to make all your companions into necromancers.
    This would fail, but even if you edit the character with some tool and reimport your party will be cursed. And necromancy would not work as intended, because there are other checks added as well to boost response during battle to just a list of necromancers/liches/dark mages in order to implement the lich fear aura and control of undead aspects in the background.

For this week's version, due probably thursday/friday-ish this week, your effective level is both based on the 7 necomancy points given at character start to primary class necromancers (and there is no becoming a necro sometime after start of game now) PLUS a scaling based on your level. Also I should point out necromancers are CONSIDERABLY more powerful in v158/v160 than they ever were during .763 Guspav. I'll provide code for each so you can decide which one you think you want to run with, all or nothing. with a considerable probably couple man months needed to hybridize the two. From a line count perspective there are 120K added lines of script in v158 vs Guspav's core, and key cycles during battle were not optimized in his version. I expect lag at around 45-50 agents per side in Guspav's original, while you should be able to smoothly run 120 or so per side at a given instant in the post Guspav era. The code is absolutely not interchangeable, as many assumptions exist for either model. You'll see. Also something I added was to silently create some lesser undead after large battles; you click nothing, it is done for you, and is not on any cooldown timer.
  12. gsanders

Necromancy stopped working and how i summon shadows?

I an playing the 2018 version. Apparently i can't summon shadows despite having lv 12 necromancy and when i click to create undead, i lost all of my life and no undead is added to my party.

Shadows in other hands are so amazing. They could become Wizards and even the clerics wasen't a problem for me. Now i an having a hard time an really wanna to summon shadows and start summoning again.
    Summoning shadows requires current hp >= 40; otherwise you would kill yourself trying to summon them, so the menu option is removed until your current HP shows to be 40 or higher.

After this, there is a cooldown timer after the last time you used necro summoning skill by menu. When that timer expires the menu option shows again.

Finally, if your party is full or almost full then the entries stop showing at the menu until you have available space in the party again.
    Most of the menu selections add at least 10 so the party must be able to accept at least 10 more members for the menu to show.

Having said all that, the party will auto-generate undead with you the player doing absolutely nothing each week at the weekly "all across calradia necromancers are summoning undead" event. You click nothing; it just happens on your behalf. Also after battles there is a silent lesser undead creation from fallen enemies. It is a rare event, per enemy, but over time it provides a steady stream of fresh recruits once your battles are larger.

And finally, shadows have been buffed to have better magic resistance for the 2024 version, as of this morning. I expect that to release in 1 week, as I want to test more before release.
  13. gsanders

Trying to do necromancy as a paladin

Hhahaha a necro pally.
    Wasn't there meant to be a dark knight or something coming or added? like anti-pally like part necro or something?
    Been a while since i checked these forums.
    I will not add such an abomination.

People are welcome to kludge their own version so long as it stays private; this is the joy of source code. I will not maintain their monstrosities though; and I may take minor amusement at their first 30 days tinkering with code, as it may be a bit more effort than many people expect.
    I left far better documentation than I ever received, especially in the last 30 days. There are indexes to thousands of locations, to make it easier to find the right place. It may take a few hours for the theory of "how the mod actually works" to sink in though, fair warning.
  14. gsanders

Trying to do necromancy as a paladin

In the current build v158 series A, selecting Necromancer as primary class does the following:

Necromancer skill is hard coded to 7 and is not editable. this blocks editing skill necromancy for companions or somehow expecting to be a necromancer player without toggling all the needed boxes in the database. Without these necromancer effects during battle are disabled.
    I may make the summoning index from [Necromancer skill + (level/something)] , I will consider this.

necromancy skill = 7
    intelligence +2
    surgery +2
    ironflesh +2
    wound treatment +1

Next the skin is set to undead, gender male yielding zombie skin. "Female" would force skeleton skin so no gender selection here.
    These are then applied:
    Str +3
    Cha -5
    Int +4
    Agi -3
    alignment is set to Evil
    player slots set for troop_is_mummy, troop_is_undead, troop_is_necromancer;
    "$plyr_is_lich" = 1

The player is automatically added to the list of liches and necromancers during battle; this allows, among other things,
    the chance for undead under your command to break free and join the opponent team if you are knocked out.
    The automated lich effect I am willing to silently add to the player as a lesser lich; I'll look at that tomorrow.
    I have a test character for necromancer created and built up; it is level 13 I think (such a number).
    These flags will change how negative energy bust and positive energy burst apply to the player.
    These also impact healing auras but not the ring of healing (which I'll look at tomorrow as well).

Finally, necromancers have slightly different effective magic resist - they are tied to the negative energy plane so their effective resist is less.
    I may break that into components so that some spells the resist is more and others less but that has not been done to date.

Necromancers do automatically add to their party WITHOUT the player selecting anything at the weekly necro summoning tick;
    They also have a small chance to add lesser undead from each enemy killed based on the size of the ress pool, which is determined at end of battle. This tends to fill the party fairly soon; undead in the party will seem to expand the party's capacity but this is because undead count as half a member and the limit for undead stretches as more undead enter the party. Full party blocks recovering ressurected party members after battle end, something to consider. All of these are automatic processes; the player does nothing and they happen anyway.

You will also lose favor non evil faction leaders who offered you vassalage, every few days, after a grace period expires.
    Eventually that leader will remove you from their faction but my test at day 169 still has not had that occur. I suppose reaction status -37 is still not enemy enough for archmage Firaurd...

I am not going to maintain any version before v158 A series, so please don't argue with me how it is "supposed" to work.
    I will have the complete source for Phantasy pre-2018 as Guspav had it, with not one change or addition from me, as a directory that you can compile, if my way isn't good enough. Take your pick or change it to match your version of what a necro should do; so long as I do not have to maintain it what you do on your private desktop is none of my concern. I'll test that no other resources are needed and provide the module.ini for his version. These details are exactly why I did not release today.
  15. gsanders

Necromancy Skill Missing???

I just downloaded the latest version of the mod from ModDB and created a necromancer character but there is no necromancy skill. Is this intended? I don't see anything in the changelog as well.
    Necromancy uses a reserved skill so it may not be listed in plain sight.
    I don't really play test as a Necro so I am not sure of the current state of necromancy. It's no secret I prefer to have necros as difficult enemies not as player early empowerment (although some might argue its the hardest class over time). I might spawn one and see what it looks like in v158 A series. I won't be looking at v150 or v156 so bug reports from those are useless to me.

edit:
    players starting as Necromancers are set to necromancy skill 7 at creation, along with every checkbox needed at the player database.

The menus for creating necromancy then scale according to effective necromancy skill = (player necromancy skill =7) + [(player level)/7)]
    so at player level 7 the effective necromancy skill is now 8, at player level 14 the effective necromancy skill is 9, and at level 21 the effective necromancy skill is 10.

There is no access to necromancy skill to prevent players from editing their companion skills to try to slide necromancy into the companion by some presumed clever trick. If they do manage to hexedit the companion in the database they won't be necromancers either, but the party will fail morale checks anyway. Necromancer involves several toggles set at the same time or the skill fails.

There is no longer a method to become a necromancer after game start; for that, compile Guspav's code and forget all my changes, every last one of them. I'll leave instructions how to do that; it is a pretty simple process. His database model is completely different than mine, so savegames for one will never work on the other, in both directions. By the way, Guspav's necromancers are considerably weaker than mine.
  16. gsanders

Golems

Right click the page and set it to auto translate, chrome has it.
    He's talking about the red error messages he see's come up in the chat.
    There were plenty of error messages, yes.
    There should be fewer error messages in next week's release.
    That would be based on v158 A series save game compatible, but with revised code. Unfortunately I am locked out of editing the closed threads so will not be able to edit the stickied "latest version is" thread.

Guspav speaks Spanish but I have not seen Guspav on anytime recently. That's a pity as I wanted to release source, and will do so as a "for educational/personal use" basis. It would save all of us a great deal of hand wringing to not be dependent on me/my health/my private life/etc.
    Part of the delay getting an update out in the last 30 days has been documenting the code as best I could. Its a mere 330K lines atm.
  17. gsanders

Access cheatmenu item finder?

you have to keep toggling next so that the range goes to the next 50 items. There are 1543 named items in game, per ID_items.py, so I am not sure if it reached a finite cut off.

[edit] checked and it cuts off at normal_items_end (which was "flintlock_pistol" and is now "drow_crossbow", which adds old bessie to the range as well) to specifically block summoned spells (and anything after that in items list).
    Of course, in my opinion (at most) cheat items should be food/drink/crafting raws and possibly intermediates like chain_links.

I will not expand the range, but I may strip this functionality to just offer food/drink and crafting raws.

The cheat menu was for testing newly added items, and nobody here is actually doing that. When you edit the source, you can set it your way.
    I am currently testing a Necromancer to add to my walk throughs, but again this is my least favored class and they are subtly nerfed; working as intended. I expect to release one week from now.
  18. gsanders

Ambush Skill (v158)

While browsing the strategic skills from the camp menu, I saw an ambush skill, which said in order to lay an ambush, I had to go thru one of the settings, but I didn't see anything ambush-related there. How does one prepare an ambush exactly, and what does it do for combat?
    Ambush is a stub for now, it isn't fleshed out
  19. gsanders

Download Link and Mod description. Current version: 150 P7 or 156 B2+

So...I recognize this is all likely dead now, but is the source code only available to gsanders...?
    The source code will be released in 1 week from now, or possibly less. I've been back on this about 1 month now and decided I was going to focus only on fixes rather than new content, but a fair number of places received corrections. I also documented the source more than it had been, to make it easier to find where to dabble. There were literally thousands of scripts, named menus, triggers and timers to document and this is done.
  20. gsanders

Phantasy Calradia - 2024 reboot

I made an account here just to say I'm eagerly awaiting the update. I've played earlier versions of the mod, but they all had some bugs or issues that made playthroughs frustrating. I'm glad to see you're back and working on releasing a stable version of the mod!
    Hi Zak.
    I lost 4 days this week to something unexpected in my private life, and otherwise found some small things I saw a fix for as I was documenting the code. I can't release this week but I WILL get it out the door by my birthday, which is around 2 weeks from now. I added a great deal of code documentation and so far my fix/changes list has 22 numbered changes. Releasing the code both opens the chance for others to look under the hood and puts some burden on me to clearly document every line where possible. Mostly that was done already, but it is daunting. Yesterday I put 1215 scripts into an excel worksheet for example, but I only put line #s, parameters, etc on some of them. The rest can be found in the code quickly and there each one has syntax spelled out. I was doing that originally to help Guspav and by now it is invaluable for me to remember the mod.

I would consider most of the changes ease of play so far - making it more smooth and a little less grindy. I also have 3 walkthroughs and screen captures to make a fourth one but there seems to always be something more to add. I'm not even sure so far I have the passwords and such for NexusMods; at least I am certain there are 5 people waiting for a release, so I'll get something cleaner by taking time.

A volunteer tester had a steam copy of the game but we did install the mod fairly quickly. Something I am pleased with is M&B Warband ran well on their laptop, which did NOT have an embedded graphics GPU (just an Intel I5-6300 with its default embedded Intel graphics). I had not expected good results, but it ran very well with some tuning. I screen shotted those settings. We crushed 168 demons with a 286 member player party with battle size set to 85 and it ran smoothly @ 60 fps frame rate - no pauses, no lag, no graphics glitches. I doubt that laptop would run bannerlord so well, but so far I haven't bought it. I am enjoying my playthroughs - and the save characters are still v158 A series compatible. So far I haven't needed to break savegames.
Back
Top Bottom