Search results for query: *

1. SP Medieval 1429: The Hundred Years War

Wow, great to see that someone is finally doing this. 1429 definitely looks like THE mod for us that are fans of the late medieval period. I have been watching this mod for quite some time but I haven't really gotten around to play it yet because of language issues(like the rest of us poor sods). So come on now, work faster!  :twisted:
  2. Companion roimance?

I kinda expected some kind of "romance" like in Brytenwalda to make it into this expansion, seeing as the developers are the same. Guess I was wrong. But, since you can now gift stuff to your companions with the latest patch, maybe, just maybe we'll get something in the future.
  3. Viking Conquest Update 1.03 (released)

FelipeII said:
    JuJu70 said:
    What is you archery proficiency? Damage 19 is Ok you should use 2-3 arrows to kill them.

Regardless of what real life outcome would be, we don't want it to be 1 body shot=1 killed at any level. Aim for the head, then you'll get 2x damage.
    My archery proficiency is 100 . This is enough to hit then.
    The problem is: the speed rating of the bows now are about 65 and the accuracy is 95 the max, so score a head shoot isn't a easy thing to achieve, but thats isn't the problem. The real problem is:
    • Historic accuracy: The arrows fired from a longbow(not the modern version) can hit a target from 250 yards with sufficient force to penetretate the body of someone.(I know that about the bows/arrows the initial worry is balancing, but I will just leave it here in the case someone else starts to question it.)
    • Balancing: The same unity that I made the test can be killed with only one bent javelin throwed by a char with the same 7 points in the skill, but this time, in power throw.
    • Logic:  Doesn't makes sense a arrow cut the target when it should penetrate it. In the M&B system the best type of attack against armored enemies are: Piercing, blunt and so cutting. Thats the whole problem of the bows in this DLC, as cutting attack with high damage they are a regular/acceptable weapon against unarmored enemies and useless against enemies with a decent armor.
    • Clarification: My intention with this commentary about the low damage output of the bow isn't about:"I like bow, so I want to kill everybody in one body shoot" or "I don't like throwing weapons, so I think all throwing weapons now must have 12c of Damage". My real intention is: The bow isn't created in the original MB as cutting damage because is very hard to balance it for unarmored and armored targets at the same time.
    Just to remind, the majority infantry and skirmisher unities in this DLC uses shields, so you don't need to worry about get your whole troop killed by archers. Another argument is:Not even in the original Warband how the bows are strong ranged weapons you can get killed by one arrow when using heavy armors.  :grin:

From what I know, Bows can't really do that much damage against chainmail. Sure, it is one thing if you use a later period longbow against chainmail, but these were not present during this time period. There are also records from the battle of Arsuif mentioning that some of mailed sergeants would, when the battle was over, come out looking like something akin to hedgehogs(Alive, that is). But still, bows are pretty much worthless right now, so a buff should be justified.

Also, great work by the devs! This fixed a big chunk of the earlier problems, most importantly the constant lag(Both on the world map, as well as in battles), which certainly is a nice addition. And seeing as this is just a beta patch, I look forward to the full release.
  4. Saskia's armor!(Need someone that can take a file from me and export it)

Hey there! I am making Saskia's armor from The Witcher 2, but I've got a problem. My blender crashes when I try to export it to .smd, but not to any other format. Therefore I wonder if there is someone that could take a file from me and then try and export it?
  5. Version 0.52 [Released]

I second Melanie here. There are some groups that doesn't really feel like they should attack the player.
  6. Version 0.52 [Released]

Fog of war?
  7. Version 0.52 [Released]

Hooray!
  8. Dev. Team + Previews

Tell me how do to that awesome intro screen, tell me now!!!11! :p
  9. Dev. Team + Previews

^x2 What he said
  10. Discussion + Suggestions

I think it would be better if they were just buffed with good regular stuff and lots of skills, instead of having "legendary" weapons.
  11. Discussion + Suggestions

I recommend you don't add legendary weapons to kings and such, it would make them to common. There's nothing more that's not legendary than 10 legendary weapons in a small space. Make them REALLY rare, so that when you get them, you know that this is like one in a million. That's where they get that truly unique and legendary feel.
  12. Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Okay, now I have to ask, but about when next month will it be released? Or is it done when it's done?
  13. Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Hey, look, never thought you would post it so soon :grin: Now I have to find out who those secret companions might be.. Is there a special way to acquire them or something like that, just since they are secret?
  14. Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Damn it! :p Well, I guess I just have to wait for 0.5 then, looking forward to it!
  15. Perisno Q&A + FAQ

I was wondering about the companions, how many will there be in 0.5 as a total? And do you have like a list of who they are? Nothing advanced but more like an archetype list just so one could see their culture and profession?
  16. Dev Suite SyntaxError

Well that did it. Damn I feel stupid now :roll: Anyway, thanks a lot!
  17. Bannerlord Companions

What do you guys think? Should they keep the old companions, or do you think they should add some new ones? Personally, I would like to see some new ones to keep it fresh. Everything else is being re-written so new companions would hurt to add.
  18. Dev Suite SyntaxError

I'm running 3.3, which may be the problem then. Will check
  19. Dev Suite SyntaxError

Hello there, I seem to have some problems building the mod using the dev suite. Everytime I try I just get loads of: SyntaxError: Invalid Syntax. I have added python to the PATH and tried this with a clean version of the dev suite, still won't work. I remember having this error half a year ago...
  20. Saskia's armor (The Witcher 2)

Will do. The textures directly work, so that's not a problem. So the thing I need help with is rigging it and the parts included there. The .obj files I post are directly converted from .nif, to give whomever that gives it a go so "untouched" meshes as possible. Anyway, thanks in advance and good luck :grin:

http://www.4shared.com/file/nD_mXaEw/saskia__b1_n.html
    http://www.4shared.com/file/0J4-5IA4/saskia__b1_s.html
    http://www.4shared.com/file/9oaaf1AB/saskia__b1.html
    http://www.4shared.com/file/lO39atk6/Saskia.html

Or if you think I will give your computer some weird, unknown STD you can always get the files from the skyrim nexus, although unexported:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/5588//?
Back
Top Bottom