Search results for query: *

1. GunFred

B Tutorial 3D Modelling & Texturing & Implementing

jacobhinds said:
    If you've got "view backfaces" ticked in the "view" menu then it's most likely that all the faces are reversed but you can't tell. Select the whole object and right click > invert to flip the faces.

Of course if you do this, the inner faces will be invisible rather than the outer ones.
    Thanks Jacob, I would not have figured it out on my own.  :smile:
  2. GunFred

B Tutorial 3D Modelling & Texturing & Implementing

Hi there, sweet tutorial but I am having an issue with my helmet. In the OpenBRF it shows up with transparent frontal faces despite the whole thing being saved as obj in Wings. During modelling it sometimes looked like that but by the time I exported it, it did not occur. If anyone knows what causes the frontal transparancy and how to fix it, that would be great.

There is a picture in the dropbox link.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/vm6u01rhr9dhdmp/openwings.png?dl=0
  3. GunFred

SP Native [WB] Alternative Calradia Mod - Version 2 released!

Antonis said:
    Ehm, yes? That's the OP.  :razz:
    Why did you quoted it?  :smile:
    Probably a VERY loyal fan.  :fruity:

Webejj said:
    MyNameIsBlank said:
    Is this mod dead or still in progress. Kinda confused...  :?:
    Development has stoped
    A few weeks ago I got a huge surge of inspiration. One idea lead to another and eventually I may do something more fantasyish/magical than AC(if anything at all). There is also my medieval 2: Calradia mod which I have gotten a bit too far to stop with so I am unlikely to dedicate myself fully to a new MB project hastily.
  4. GunFred

Got my new computer and uploaded source codes for safe keeping on the Nexus. I also finally fixed the front page...  :roll:
  5. GunFred

Cool, I would check my source code if I could but there should be a tutorial around here which helped me set family relations right. Try looking through the tutorials or search for something like "family relations".
  6. GunFred

Dokka said:
    Are you still working on this mod?
    Unfortunatly not. I do not have much time as I study full time. In Januari my stationary computer broke but luckily my mod stuff seems safe. Since then I have turned to Medieval 2 modding on my lap top. It should not take too long now before I finally get my self a new computer but do not stay up all night waiting for this mod. I want to finish it and add new things but there are so many things I want to do or should do but so little time. There is also the looming threat of Bannerlord making minor mods like mine irrelevant...
  7. GunFred

Sorry for the late replies...
    Hayran said:
    How use some factions in my game? I want to add some factions and villages in Floris mod folder.

I did not like the ''underdead'' fac.
    If you want to add new factions and villages you will have to look up tutorials on this forum.

picard65 said:
    Damn, you destroyed my dream of an army made of undeads that will try to kill anyone in the world whitout need to buy new troops but they can resupply simply by fighting enemy :sad: :sad:
    Is the chance to turn enemy captured into undead based on your persuasion? and about that, even if i got the message that the ritual was a failure and the prisoners are dead, well, they stay here.

EDIT: now that i think about it, i can made something similar by editing my "surgery" skill, if i do a similar game i surely don't want meat on my army, so it shouldn't be a problem.
    Sorry, my dream was destroyed as well when I found out that immortal flag does not work but I was fairly pleased with the solution. Not sure what skill the necromancy script is based on and I can't check right now but it could be surgery.
  8. GunFred

picard65 said:
    For what i could have read undeads are supposed to be unkillable useless their master die, or go close to death, but i se a problem here, i win a battle, and i had some scheleton soldier that actualy died, is the fact that they can't die only lore wise or it's something bad happening here?
    Unfortunatly the flag that is supposed to make troops unkillable does not work. I had written "The undead are unfortunatly killable despite their "unkillable" status and I will have to rethink their role in the future." on the main page but somehow I had not noticed that the main page had gotten messed up (will probably fix it tomorrow) and hidden under "Credits:". I have probably yet to change the lore to fit the gameplay but in the latest version I made the regular cultist troops one tier stronger and created a simple necromancy script that allows the player to turn prisoners into undead soldiers. So rather than being weak unkillable troops, right now they are actually more like bonus troops you can get by capturing enemies.

Reus said:
    I don't want to be an ass or anything...

But do you really need 4 posts for the OP?
    Sort of, yes. I had to create a new mod thread (this one) once because the old one only had one post and I could not fit everything in. The normal is at most three posts but this way it is easier to keep track on where you are reading and for me to organise the texts.

ampz said:
    thanks for the reply. i really like the factions you created. :grin:
    Thanks. I hope I get the time to make them better in the future as I have new ideas and skills.  :smile:
  9. GunFred

ampz said:
    what warband version does this mod use?
    There should not be any problem with using the latest WB version.
  10. GunFred

OSP Code MP Simple Bayonet Script

Harlef said:
    so, does this work with WFaS?
    I have tested it but unfortunatly it does not appear to work in its current form.

build_module...
    Code:
        (agent_get_ammo_for_slot,":rifleAmmo",":playerAgent",":itemSlot"),
    NameError: name 'agent_get_ammo_for_slot' is not defined
    If someone knows how to adapt the code to WFaS, that would be cool.
  11. GunFred

MagPeter, I have sent you a PM with a link to a dropbox download with my mod.
  12. GunFred

Is there a problem with the Nexus or something on your side that makes you unable to download it?
  13. GunFred

MagPeter_inDomi said:
    Excelent job with the history behind all the factions
    Thanks!  :smile:
  14. GunFred

Hi Federick.
    I do not think there is any room for an extra faction. However, it has been my plan to eventually include a customisable player faction which could very well be shaped into a west/east roman styled faction.

Flamethrowers and magic are way out of my capabilities though...  :lol:

About the elves, I have a personal distaste for magical high elves so do not expect any elf wizards from me any time soon. The main sources of inspiration for the Elven Confederation are native americans(like Iroquis Confederacy), european celts and typical fantasy wood elves.

I can say however that for a while I have been playing with the thought of improving the elven troop tree like following...

end tier troops...
    Warden: defensive legionnaire type: large shield+spear+good helmet
    Brave: offensive assault type: good body+no shield
    Marksman: powerful archer: weak melee
    Raider: skirmisher type: shield+javelins+decent melee
  15. GunFred

Good to hear that my codes are of some use though I can't tell what is outdated or lacking in Nord Champions tutorial. I may upload my MS at some point as it may, beside being possibly helpfull, also be more secure incase anything happened to my comp or something.
  16. GunFred

Oh you two...  :oops:
    I accidently sleept away a chunk of the day but now there is some progress...

Well, for starters I have gathered some of my codes. For the moment, pretender strings/dialogues are missing as well as family related stuff. Since my mod is built on a version of Diplomacy, there could be differences from Native version. If an actual guide/tutorial is to be made then I should probably check back with the older ones to see if I am forgetting anything or if any new guide/tutorial is even needed. The thought to upload my mod's MS also crossed my mind.

factions
    factions
      ("culture_6",  "{!}culture_6", 0, 0.9, [], []),
      ("culture_7",  "{!}culture_7", 0, 0.9, [], []),
      ("kingdom_6",  "Sarranid Sultanate",  0, 0.9, [("outlaws",-0.05),("peasant_rebels", -0.1),("deserters", -0.02),("mountain_bandits", -0.05),("forest_bandits", -0.05)], [], 0xFFFF33),
      ("kingdom_7",  "People's Republic", 0, 0.9, [("outlaws",-0.05),("peasant_rebels", -0.1),("deserters", -0.02),("mountain_bandits", -0.05),("forest_bandits", -0.05)], [], 0x886644),

party_templates
    party_templates
    ("kingdom_6_reinforcements_a", "{!}kingdom_6_reinforcements_a", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_sarranid_militia,6,12),(trp_sarranid_nomad,4,:cool:,(trp_sarranid_slaver,1,3)]),
    ("kingdom_6_reinforcements_b", "{!}kingdom_6_reinforcements_b", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_sarranid_footman,2,4),(trp_sarranid_watchman,2,4),(trp_sarranid_camel_rider,2,4),(trp_sarranid_janissary,1,2)]),
    ("kingdom_6_reinforcements_c", "{!}kingdom_6_reinforcements_c", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_sarranid_warrior,1,2),(trp_sarranid_archer,1,2),(trp_sarranid_skirmisher,1,2),(trp_sarranid_raider,1,2),(trp_sarranid_dervish,1,2)]),

("kingdom_7_reinforcements_a", "{!}kingdom_7_reinforcements_a", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_revolutionary_pikeman,3,:cool:,(trp_revolutionary_musketeer,3,:cool:,(trp_revolutionary_recruit,4,4),(trp_revolutionary_dragoon,1,3)]),
    ("kingdom_7_reinforcements_b", "{!}kingdom_7_reinforcements_b", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_revolutionary_trained_pikeman,2,4),(trp_revolutionary_trained_musketeer,2,4),(trp_revolutionary_swordsman,3,3),(trp_revolutionary_doppelsoldner,1,2)]),
    ("kingdom_7_reinforcements_c", "{!}kingdom_7_reinforcements_c", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_revolutionary_veteran_pikeman,1,2),(trp_revolutionary_veteran_musketeer,1,2),(trp_revolutionary_warrior,1,2),(trp_revolutionary_swashbuckler,1,2),(trp_revolutionary_officer,1,2)]),

presentations
    presentations
            (eq, "$g_quick_battle_team_2_faction", "fac_kingdom_6"),
            (assign, ":cur_troop", "trp_sarranid_jinete"),
          (else_try),
            (eq, "$g_quick_battle_team_2_faction", "fac_kingdom_7"),
            (assign, ":cur_troop", "trp_revolutionary_elite_musketeer"),
          (else_try),

scripts
    scripts
              (faction_slot_eq, ":faction_no", slot_faction_culture, "fac_culture_6"),

(faction_set_slot, ":faction_no", slot_faction_deserter_troop, "trp_sarranid_deserter"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no", slot_faction_guard_troop, "trp_sarranid_almogavar"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no", slot_faction_messenger_troop, "trp_sarranid_messenger"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no", slot_faction_prison_guard_troop, "trp_sarranid_prison_guard"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no", slot_faction_castle_guard_troop, "trp_sarranid_castle_guard"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_reinforcements_a, "pt_kingdom_6_reinforcements_a"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_reinforcements_b, "pt_kingdom_6_reinforcements_b"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_reinforcements_c, "pt_kingdom_6_reinforcements_c"),
            (else_try),
      (faction_slot_eq, ":faction_no", slot_faction_culture, "fac_culture_7"),

(faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_deserter_troop, "trp_revolutionary_deserter"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_guard_troop, "trp_revolutionary_veteran_warrior"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_messenger_troop, "trp_revolutionary_messenger"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_prison_guard_troop, "trp_revolutionary_prison_guard"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_castle_guard_troop, "trp_revolutionary_castle_guard"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_reinforcements_a, "pt_kingdom_7_reinforcements_a"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_reinforcements_b, "pt_kingdom_7_reinforcements_b"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_reinforcements_c, "pt_kingdom_7_reinforcements_c"),
            (else_try),
            (troop_set_slot, "trp_kingdom_6_pretender",  slot_troop_original_faction, "fac_kingdom_6"),
            (troop_set_slot, "trp_kingdom_7_pretender",  slot_troop_original_faction, "fac_kingdom_7"),
    (troop_set_slot, "trp_kingdom_6_pretender", slot_troop_home, "p_town_20"),#Arwa the Pearled One - Durquba
    (troop_set_slot, "trp_kingdom_7_pretender", slot_troop_home, "p_town_8"),#Sualrag - Reyvadin
        (store_faction_of_party, ":starting_town_faction", "$g_starting_town"),
        (try_begin),
          (eq, ":starting_town_faction", "fac_kingdom_1"),
          (assign, ":troop_of_merchant", "trp_swadian_merchant"),
          #(assign, ":troop_of_bandit", "trp_forest_bandit"),
        (else_try),
          (eq, ":starting_town_faction", "fac_kingdom_7"),
          (assign, ":troop_of_merchant", "trp_vaegir_merchant"),
          #(assign, ":troop_of_bandit", "trp_mountain_bandit"),
        (else_try),
          (eq, ":starting_town_faction", "fac_kingdom_9"),
          (assign, ":troop_of_merchant", "trp_khergit_merchant"),
          #(assign, ":troop_of_bandit", "trp_steppe_bandit"),
        (else_try),
          (eq, ":starting_town_faction", "fac_kingdom_4"),
          (assign, ":troop_of_merchant", "trp_nord_merchant"),
          #(assign, ":troop_of_bandit", "trp_sea_raider"),
        (else_try),
          (eq, ":starting_town_faction", "fac_kingdom_11"),
          (assign, ":troop_of_merchant", "trp_rhodok_merchant"),
          #(assign, ":troop_of_bandit", "trp_mountain_bandit"),
        (else_try),
          (eq, ":starting_town_faction", "fac_kingdom_6"),
          (assign, ":troop_of_merchant", "trp_sarranid_merchant"),
          #(assign, ":troop_of_bandit", "trp_desert_bandit"),
        (try_end),
        (str_store_troop_name, s10, ":troop_of_merchant"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_6",  slot_faction_culture, "fac_culture_6"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_6",  slot_faction_leader, "trp_kingdom_6_lord"),
      (troop_set_slot, "trp_kingdom_6_lord", slot_troop_renown, 1200),

(faction_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_7",  slot_faction_culture, "fac_culture_7"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_7",  slot_faction_leader, "trp_kingdom_7_lord"),
      (troop_set_slot, "trp_kingdom_7_lord", slot_troop_renown, 1200),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_6", slot_faction_banner, "mesh_banner_kingdom_e"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_7", slot_faction_banner, "mesh_banner_kingdom_f"),
          (call_script, "script_give_center_to_lord", "p_town_6",  "trp_kingdom_1_lord", 0),# Praven - King Harlaus
          (call_script, "script_give_center_to_lord", "p_town_7",  "trp_knight_5_1", 0),#Uxkhal - Count Delinard
      (troop_set_slot, "trp_kingdom_6_pretender", slot_troop_home, "p_town_20"),#Arwa the Pearled One - Durquba
      (troop_set_slot, "trp_kingdom_7_pretender", slot_troop_home, "p_town_8"),#Sualreg - Reyvadin
      (troop_set_slot, "trp_kingdom_6_lord", slot_troop_home, "p_town_19"),#Sultan Hakim to Shariz
      (troop_set_slot, "trp_kingdom_7_lord", slot_troop_home, "p_town_16"),#King Garlaus to Dhirim
      (party_set_slot, "p_castle_22", slot_center_ex_faction, "fac_kingdom_6"), # Unuzdaq_Castle Khe
      (party_set_slot, "p_town_21", slot_center_ex_faction, "fac_kingdom_6"), # Ahmerrad Nec

(party_set_slot, "p_castle_13", slot_center_ex_faction, "fac_kingdom_7"), # Kelredan_Castle Swa
      (party_set_slot, "p_castle_24", slot_center_ex_faction, "fac_kingdom_7"), # Reindi_Castle Khe
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_6", slot_faction_adjective, "str_kingdom_6_adjective"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_7", slot_faction_adjective, "str_kingdom_7_adjective"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_6", slot_faction_quick_battle_tier_1_infantry, "trp_sarranid_warrior"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_6", slot_faction_quick_battle_tier_2_infantry, "trp_sarranid_almogavar"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_6", slot_faction_quick_battle_tier_1_archer, "trp_sarranid_archer"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_6", slot_faction_quick_battle_tier_2_archer, "trp_sarranid_marksman"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_6", slot_faction_quick_battle_tier_1_cavalry, "trp_sarranid_skirmisher"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_6", slot_faction_quick_battle_tier_2_cavalry, "trp_sarranid_mamluk"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_7", slot_faction_quick_battle_tier_1_infantry, "trp_revolutionary_veteran_pikeman"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_7", slot_faction_quick_battle_tier_2_infantry, "trp_revolutionary_elite_pikeman"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_7", slot_faction_quick_battle_tier_1_archer, "trp_revolutionary_veteran_musketeer"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_7", slot_faction_quick_battle_tier_2_archer, "trp_revolutionary_elite_musketeer"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_7", slot_faction_quick_battle_tier_1_cavalry, "trp_revolutionary_warrior"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_7", slot_faction_quick_battle_tier_2_cavalry, "trp_revolutionary_duelist"),

strings
    strings
      ("kingdom_6_adjective",                    "Sarranid"),
      ("kingdom_7_adjective",                    "Revolutionary"),

simple_triggers
    simple_triggers
    # I do not appear to have made a code line for K7 pretender but I probably should have...
      (troop_set_slot, "trp_kingdom_6_lord", slot_troop_home, "p_town_19"),#Sultan Hakim to Shariz
      (troop_set_slot, "trp_kingdom_7_lord", slot_troop_home, "p_town_16"),#King Yaroglek to Reyvadin

game_menus
    game_menus
      (assign, ":troop_of_merchant", 0),
                  (try_begin),
                    (eq, "$g_encountered_party_faction", "fac_kingdom_1"),
                    (assign, ":troop_of_merchant", "trp_swadian_merchant"),
                  (else_try),
                    (eq, "$g_encountered_party_faction", "fac_kingdom_7"),
                    (assign, ":troop_of_merchant", "trp_vaegir_merchant"),
                  (else_try),
                    (eq, "$g_encountered_party_faction", "fac_kingdom_9"),
                    (assign, ":troop_of_merchant", "trp_khergit_merchant"),
                  (else_try),
                    (eq, "$g_encountered_party_faction", "fac_kingdom_4"),
                    (assign, ":troop_of_merchant", "trp_nord_merchant"),
                  (else_try),
                    (eq, "$g_encountered_party_faction", "fac_kingdom_11"),
                    (assign, ":troop_of_merchant", "trp_rhodok_merchant"),
                  (else_try),
                    (eq, "$g_encountered_party_faction", "fac_kingdom_6"),
                    (assign, ":troop_of_merchant", "trp_sarranid_merchant"),
                  (try_end),
      (gt, ":troop_of_merchant", 0),

(set_visitor, ":cur_entry", ":troop_of_merchant"),
                  (val_add, ":cur_entry", 1),
                (try_end),
  17. GunFred

Should I start modding?

Since posting here will make me look like a cool and experienced modder...  :mrgreen:    I will have to recommend "no" as well... :cry:

Personal tweaks are fine but if you do not have a lot of time then you should enjoy the game and other's creations yourself. If you still want to be involved in modding then you could try to specialize in any of the fields mentioned by Witch_King
  18. GunFred

Thanks Antonis.  :smile:
    I was not really planning to make a true tutorial but I will look up and post here, any new faction codes along with their location or any useful knowledge for the purpose of the reader not missing anything. If anyone else as well as Theoren benefits from my codes then that would be great but I do not think I am the right person to make a "true" tutorial.

Pardon me Theoren, I will need another day or two before I post the codes. Hopefully I will do it tomorrow.
  19. GunFred

Theoren said:
    Hey Gunfred, I was wondering if you could be bothered to post a guide on creating new factions based on your own experience with this mod. I've always struggled with this and sadly Nord Champion's tutorial is incomplete and outdated which doesn't help non-coders such as myself.

The factions in your mod have always worked perfectly since version 1, no errors in the character list nor bugged family ties as is sometimes common in other mods so I'd really appreciate if you could help out.
    I would be more than happy to and I owe you more than that. Really good to hear that there are no faction issues. Give me 24 hours and I will see what I can provide and if there is any specific part that you have problems with then that would make things easier.
  20. GunFred

Adding undeads, skelettons, zombies ?

Not sure about a "skill" but I think there was a necromancy script made or in the making less than a year ago that may or may not have included it as a skill. A simple and easy way for a necromancy feature would be to just copy and edit the prisoner recruiting script which I did for my own mod. If you want undead troops then there are those Barf skeletons that you probably know off.
Back
Top Bottom