Search results for query: *

1. DiplexHeated

Feminism

Gestricius said:
    You can't beat the heat but you can certainly beat the meat.

I prefer to heat the meat, rather than beat it.

/End of off-topic.
  2. DiplexHeated

Feminism

Gestricius said:
    I quite understood, a feminist with Mitt Romney as avatar? Fiction.  :razz:

But merely seeing the name disgusts me.

Rejoice over the fact that 96,88% of Sweden made a better choice.
  3. DiplexHeated

Feminism

Gestricius said:
    Talii said:
    #Feministic Initiative 2018
    DON-DRAPER-PUKES.gif

On behalf of Tali :wink:

Sarcasm.gif

PoisonCourtesan said:
    DiplexHeated said:
    I recently read an article in a Swedish digital newspaper about the international men's day. It was a list pretty much thanking (highly sarcastic article) men for various things such as "the fear we've created amongst women making us scared to walk home alone" and "taking liberties such as groping". While I really dont care about this day, I feel that its dangerous to indoctrinate a younger generation into hating and fearing men. Radical and childlish.
    Yes but you stopped the Call of Warhammer let's play, your opinion is invalid.

May Sigmar save us all.
  4. DiplexHeated

Feminism

I recently read an article in a Swedish digital newspaper about the international men's day. It was a list pretty much thanking (highly sarcastic article) men for various things such as "the fear we've created amongst women making us scared to walk home alone" and "taking liberties such as groping". While I really dont care about this day, I feel that its dangerous to indoctrinate a younger generation into hating and fearing men. Radical and childlish.
  5. DiplexHeated

The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

SvenssonHD said:
    How are the multiplayer side of things coming together? I am eager too see some news regarding the MP scene, is there anything that can be said on that front?

The Cards thingy look pretty nice though, unique.

Ask Wolfstar
  6. DiplexHeated

Rangerplus10 said:
    Ililsa said:
    Regarding formations, at least in the British Army, weren't two ranks more widely used than three?

As I recall Dundas advised three, but it was hotly debated.

I've also always heard two was the British norm.

Most paintings and recreations that I've seen from various battles show lines using two-deep file, but the tree-deep file was officially prescribed by the drill book.
  7. DiplexHeated

3rd "Scots Guard" Regiment Of Foot Guards, 1st Battalion

Napoleon123 said:
    Im afraid this name is already taken.

http://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=3717.msg115265#msg115265

In my calendar, February comes before March.

This reg is probably still disbanded since long.
  8. DiplexHeated

The 502nd Connaught Rangers *New*

James Grant said:
    Your ranks make me vomit.

What? You mean you didnt use modern US ranks? :O
  9. DiplexHeated

L'Aigle>Napoleonic Wars?

Cast your verdict when the game has been released  :wink:
  10. DiplexHeated

★ 81st ( Loyal Lincoln Volunteers ) Regiment of Foot - Recruiting [EU/NA] ★

LCpl's were still enlisted, and had no chevrons if im not too wrong.
  11. DiplexHeated

My Opinion of the Majority of the NW Community

Men will be remembered for what they were when they died.
  12. DiplexHeated

Soldiering isnt too bad I guess, untill you're forced to form square cause the Grenadiers à Cheval de la Garde Impériale are incoming, while you're under artillery fire.
  13. DiplexHeated

Disbanded

Hell yeah!
  14. DiplexHeated

In addition to what Docm said. Most people probably look at the Napoleonic wars with a romantic view, but it was (as stated) truly horrible, and any soldier would kill an officer if he had the chance. Here is a little quote from a story revolving around the battle of Quatre Bras.

"Lance points plunged into chests, shoulders and faces, probing and darting amid the kilted ranks. Scots muskets coughed lead, tumbling many lancers from their saddles, but the Highland losses were heavy. The Black Watch commander, Sir Robert Macara, was killed by a lance through the chin with the point screwing upward into the brain."

Pretty nasty if you ask me.
  15. DiplexHeated

TheAwesomeAce said:
    Rigadoon said:
    TheAwesomeAce said:
    I've seen poor musicians be slaughtered mercilessly, cavalrymen knocked from their horses being stabbed with bayonets before they can get the chance to regain their footing and fight on fair ground, and other nefarious, self-centered acts that honestly just spoiled my time on NW.

Honestly, I don't see why this is a problem. The goal of the game is to kill the enemy, not to role play chivalry.

The point of this game is to reenact events which occured in the Napoleonic Wars. In said war, acts of chivalry and honor were shown by both sides, as officers of each nation were taught to have manners on the battlefield. However, the majority of the players in NW do not come close to a successful reenactment of the original events.

Yeah, and thats why we have events. I cant believe that you would expect EU1 to recreate a realistic Napoleonic battlefield.
  16. DiplexHeated

Ililsa said:
    Wolfstar said:
    http://tricider.com/brainstorming/nP8Z.
    THIS IS NOT FOR SINGLEPLAYER SUGGESTIONS

Hope there's a way you can moderate those, already looks a little out of hand.

James Grant said:
    a light infantry company (no idea what regiment it's of)

They look a little like they might be from the 44th, but I'm probably wrong there. Yellow facings and square loops, and the 44th were fairly a notable regiment.

The Light Infantry would be men from the 85th.
  17. DiplexHeated

90th Perthshire Regiment of foot

You said that earlier this March lol  :roll:
  18. DiplexHeated

Yeah, they were an incredible fighting force. "IMHO the best heavy cavalry were the French (Old Guard) Horse Grenadiers, followed by the Saxon Garde du Corps. Excellent heavies were also the British Household Cavalry, Russian Life Guard Horse (not the Chevaliers Garde) and Military Order Cuirassiers, and Prussian Garde zu Pferde cuirassiers." - Napoleonistyka
  19. DiplexHeated

I'll vote for the Saxon Garde du Corps.
Back
Top Bottom