Search results for query: *

1. Hearsties

How do you increase your health/HP?

For the record, it’s pretty foolish to claim that HP should be static for the sake of realism. This is ultimately a game and I think most players agree that gameplay should come before realism; this isn’t a flight simulator. I’d like to see other ways for the player to gain HP personally. A lot of the appeal of Mount & Blade single player combat is the ability to both command troops AND feel like a juggernaut of a combatant while you do it.
  2. Hearsties

SP - World Map My thoughts on the Faction Snowball effect. Campaigns should go on forever!

I thought about making a new thread but I'll just drop it in here instead.

To the Devs: Great job today. Today's patch made a load of difference and honestly, I'm impressed at the speed you guys are implementing meaningful changes. I feel like we're being heard and that's great. A lot of devs would just put an early access game out and walk away but you guys are working hard and it's genuinely appreciated. Using a few mods to supplement some things like the grindiness of skills, my game feels pretty okay right now on my new campaign. The pace has slowed and while there are still a lot of kinks with the AI, with diplomacy, with too much happening behind the scenes or out of the player's immediate view, the improvement is real and very noticeable. Great job, devs.
  3. Hearsties

Siege is completely broken.

When you re-deploy these siege engines on the campaign map, some or all of them may be damaged even if the visual affects show you moved them to reserve before they were attacked.
    Well, whatever the case, it still works for me and I've yet to have one of my redeployed siege engines destroyed. The main point of doing this is that you'll eventually have four engines deployed at once and more than likely, you're going to crack those ballistas before they can take yours down. It's always worked for me.
  4. Hearsties

It needs to be stated.

I tried to give a lot of constructive feedback in my thread and I honestly think you guys should be doing the same. Just saying you're disappointed isn't really enough. And maybe it isn't fair that we paid to playtest this for them, maybe it's not fair at all and it's dishonest of them too. But whatever the case, I think most of us are posting here because we love Mount & Blade and we recognize the potential in this game, deeply flawed though it currently is, to be what we all want it to be, what we hoped it to be.

So, I'd encourage you all to make threads talking about specific issues, giving feedback. It doesn't matter how we got in this mess. We're in it, so we might as well help them make the game what we want it to be because we love it and no other game offers a remotely similar experience. Sure, they probably should've had a single player beta. Sure, we could've figured most of these problems out years ago. But the least we can do is try and point them out now and give some solid feedback on how we think the game could be improved.

And honestly, this isn't me being a fanboy. This is just trying to make the best of the situation because, well, 8 bloody years, man.
  5. Hearsties

Siege is completely broken.

Sieges don't really work on offense much either cause you can't really beat the ai built siege engines during the camp phase even with good engineering gotta slow the build time down or limit how many weapons a defensive castle can have. AI derps out on defense way more through like I got my archers to shoot though just they didn't get to the wall without orders.
    Managed to figure out a way around this. Whenever you complete a siege engine, like a trebuchet or whatever, you can quickly click it and there's a "Move to Reserve" option. So, you start building the next one, then instantly move it to reserve. When you finish the third one, you can instantly deploy the other two you moved to reserve and you don't have to build them, they'll still have full health, then you'll have 3 siege engines firing simultaneously which should easily get those ballistae on the walls down. It's a little wonky but it works.

But anyway, the main issue with sieges right now even beyond the horribly wonky AI are the massive framerate drops that happen when enemy troops spawn in, or when you climb a ladder, or when the main gate starts being broken (this one is the worst).
  6. Hearsties

SP - World Map My thoughts on the Faction Snowball effect. Campaigns should go on forever!

Anyone notice any improvements today? It seemed like my faction was making peace more than it had been previously. Also, thanks for adding your thoughts, there are some other great points being made.

I think feasts should make a comeback like I said originally. Not only do they encourage grace periods during wars but they also serve as a venue to speak to other lords and get some intrigue going, something which I sorely miss. It feels like my relation with other lords is mostly meaningless right now. If it isn't? Everything is just happening 'behind the scenes' and it's hard to really get a feel for what I need to do, who I need to speak to, or what I can do to improve those relations.
  7. Hearsties

As far as the points raised about the Army system, most of you guys are absolutely right. I should've been more clear. It isn't the system itself as much as the infinite cohesion these armies seem to have and how they just stick together even when they have absolute no food left among them.

I guess it'd be fine as long as they were still capable of fracturing somewhat.
  8. Hearsties

One of the problems i noticed with the balancing, which tremendously favoured Snowballing, is that faction growth is exponential via the defection system.
    Another good point and something I forgot to add entirely. I've started executing lords wholesale to avoid them joining my faction and stealing fiefs. Of course, this doesn't fix the problem at all. The main problem is that the lords seem to join the faction that's beating their faction as opposed to adding their strength to another. Well, that and everything else.
  9. Hearsties

I found out when I created my own army, that you can add +10 army cohesion at 0 cost or without any delay. Making it possible to go on endless campaigns.

This is a good point. Also, the armies seem to go along without any real detriment, the AI armies anyway, when they're out of food. Whenever I join an army, they eat the hell out of my food and never seem to have any of their own.
  10. Hearsties

Thanks for the support. I hope the developers are looking at posts like these.

For the record, these are the conclusions I've drawn from two of my own campaigns (both of which ended pretty quickly with an Empire faction dominating the map) but also the campaign information offered by my friends in Discord. We've been in a channel since the game came out and at this point, pretty much all 7 of us have experienced the same issues. One of my friends had a very balanced campaign map for about a year longer than any of the rest of us in our campaigns but by the time he'd entered the next year, it was pretty much cookie cutter with everyone else's map.
  11. Hearsties

The execution is definitely not facilitating that.

As far as the mechanics of the game itself, it seems geared for long campaigns -- things like clans, being able to have children and presumably play as them later, the grindiness of the skill system, the relatively slow burn of gaining influence against the high cost of spending it. Everything in the bones, the skeleton of the game itself, seem set up for campaigns that last a very long time.

But there's just so much missing to make the campaigns last this long, and so many things that are also counter-intuitive to a long campaign. A few examples:

Faction snowballing: We've all seen this to some degree. If you haven't yet, you surely will as you continue playing. Once a faction wins a few large set-piece battles, the faction on the losing end often has a very, very difficult time recovering. I've heard a lot of theories about this and I've got a few of my own. I personally think it has a lot to do with the speed/availability for recruits which significantly hampers an AI lord's ability to get back on their feet once they've been wiped out. Obviously, their AI has a lot to do with it. They shouldn't be sallying out without any troops in their army because they just end up getting captured by bandits which starts a vicious cycle of it happening over and over again.​
    INTENSE WARMONGERING: The AI doesn't ever seem content with its gains. Whenever I join my faction's army and we start rolling, we take one city and immediately set the objective for the next. We all made jokes about those feasts in Warband over the years but that sort of thing helped to sort of soft reset campaigns and get everyone back to doing normal things. In Bannerlord, you just roll from castle to castle, city to city, and if your faction's army is big enough, you roll right through them without difficulty.​
    A Lack of Intrigue: This one is, I think, very important. Outside of the occasional vote for a castle or some new lawful provision, there is very little intrigue within factions. The absence of intrigue between lords is a major blow to fracturing the power base of factions. It turns them into monolithic juggernauts that win hard, or lose hard. And it leaves very little to do other than steamrolling through castles. I think these last two go hand-in-hand and maybe the warmongering is part of TaleWorlds' plan to cover for these missing features -- I don't know. But I miss denouncing lords, getting into duels, trying to provoke wars on border skirmishes. Now, the wars just seem to start without provocation and without any real explanation. The game loses a lot with these things being absent.​
    A Lack of Patrols: There just aren't any faction patrols anywhere on the map aside from the few minor factions active. I guess you could also call this 'too many bandits' but bandits are also very important to facilitating early game which, again, might really point out the grindy skill system as the largest detriment here because you absolutely need to fight bandits constantly at the beginning of your campaign or else you'll just never get anywhere. But I think adding some faction patrols around castles and urban centers would do a lot to, hopefully, prevent the AI lords from sallying out without any armies and just instantly getting captured. It would help to just improve the AI of those lords but: why not both?​
    The ARMY Feature: And finally, and I think most importantly, is the system of joining these massive roving armies prowling around the map. This feature seems absolutely worse in every single way than the Marshal system from Warband because there's just no give to it, no elasticity or flexibility. When a Marshal called an army, it would lead to these gigantic roving bands of multiple lords and their men storming through the map, YES, but a few of those lords would always bleed off to chase bandits, or follow a caravan, or something. There was a chance that steamroll would lose its steam. In this Army feature, it seems to happen a lot less. People join a gigantic army and they just stick together until it dissolves which leads to 900+ troop armies just steamrolling around the map and given the grindiness of the skill system, and of the renown, when am I ever going to be able to stop that sort of thing on my own? It just seems impossible. You can either run away, conceding your castles, or try to form a bigger army and hope you win. And when these gigantic armies collide? The winner continues to steamroll, the loser finds his faction utterly decimated due to the other problems listed above. This is breaking so many campaigns right now because the balance is just abysmal. Everything centers around these gigantic battles and once they're done, the war is basically over. Is this more realistic and historically accurate? Yeah, I suppose it is. But it's not the best for gameplay at all. The stakes are too high in these confrontations and a faction's life or death is decided in them with very little chance for them to recover.​

The game seems to want me to play for a long time but it also seems to undercut that from happening. Even if the player kingdom system was full and finished, there would be nothing to do but fight against a gigantic monolithic faction that had taken over the entirety of the map once it had steamrolled everything else. And that would ultimately come down to encountering these massive armies and either winning or losing against them. Once someone had won or lost that encounter, the outcome would be academic as things stand due to the game's other issues.

There are a lot of small tweaks that can greatly improve these things but I fear that for the time being, every campaign is going to feel fairly cookie cutter, just with some random elements about which faction attains supremacy and starts to snowball first.
  12. Hearsties

Crusade option from king?

I'm getting the same problem, also being a Vassal of Scotland.

Could the faction have anything to do with this?  As there seem to be several people aligned with Scotland who are getting the same issue.

The Crusade mechanic was probably the thing I was looking forward to the most about this game, having already conquered England with my Scots....  Any known issues, any way to get a handle on this?

Also, if the Crusade mechanic IS working for you, could you please let me know what your main faction is?  I'd gladly leave Scotland and join somewhere else just to be able to participate in the Holy Wars.  :razz:

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Back
Top Bottom