Search results for query: *

1. Bandit max party count

Download Morghs editor, it accesses that file automatically.
  2. Noldor equipment is in dire need of a rework - needs a downside for melee

[quote author=bakters]Of course they are hiding from us.  Quest Jatu army said so and Noldors said so too, that if I ever cross them, I will never find this place again.  They complained a bit about Snake Cult, but almost in passing, among more important stuff like those pesky humans from Salreon daring to defend themselves, or that captured Nuldors are sold into slavery. [/quote]

Jatu horsemen may be lethal on the steppes, but expecting them to enter the mountainous forest terrain of the Noldor with their horses and survive more than a week against stealth archers, and then win a siege against Elacrai is ridiculous. Any Noldor who said they're afraid is a cowardly peasant undeserving of his heritage, but this really seems like Gauntlet propaganda. So nope, we're still irrelevant.

3. Noldor equipment is in dire need of a rework - needs a downside for melee

You don't seem to realize that the dark goddess is about to invade Pendor and if you don't get the Noldor to work with you, the continent is doomed. Will you fight her by yourself? Can you even do magic? She broke an ancient and more powerful empire than you can ever hope of creating in Pendor, what makes you think you'll succeed when they haven't? I think you've been fed lies by the goddess agents and/or Gauntlet dumbwits.

bakters said:
    BTW - why Elacrai is hidden?  It has 1000 of the best troops in game.  They could take over the map at any moment without ever looking at Ithilandir, who has another 600-700.
    That's the human way of thinking, always wanting to conquer and subdue. The Noldor do things differently. Besides, you're not the center of the universe and you can also assume that they're not hiding from you Pendorians, but from the Snake Cult.
  4. For those of you that love or hate archery in POP/Warband.

Believing the Snake Cult isn't real is exactly what they want.
  5. For those of you that love or hate archery in POP/Warband.

SenorOcho said:

> says "maille" instead of "chain mail"
    > has taken the arrow's mass and energy into consideration for his argument on combat effectiveness
    > is aware of different archery contexts and needs

Holy crap I'm gonna see what else he has to say about medieval warfare. Great stuff, he definitely seems to know what he's talking about.
  6. For those of you that love or hate archery in POP/Warband.

^^lol you misunderstand, this isn't a debate. Andersen made a series of unprovable claims, and until he has managed to provide evidence for stuff like "I've rediscovered the forgotten ancient and true way of archery and I'm showing it in this video", there's no point in discussing this. Proving categorical stuff like that from manuscripts and fragmentary historical records is notoriously problematic and has been attempted for centuries, without success, which is why we don't say any of that in the first place.

If anyone is interested in this sort of thing, there's a Canadian researcher who travelled the world doing what Andersen should have in the first place: meeting tribal archers and documenting different archery traditions, from Mongolia to North America and Finland. She's also one of the Hollywood archery consultants Andersen claims to be wrong: www.lykopis.com/epicarcher/

7. For those of you that love or hate archery in POP/Warband.

clock4orange said:
    i think, shooting style or kind of bow you use depends on culture and how you use that bow
    long bows will be useless on horses, short will be worth nothing on siege etc.

take a look at kyudo - Japaneese archers - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA2EnemzBpk - they specialazied in very long shoots - one shot, one life...

other thing is power use to aim - when mounted you can't use a lot of it, so bows must be fast with very short aim, as thats allow you to shoot faster with minimal use of power - imagine that you have to shoot for a 15min. constantly and after that fight with a sword, using same hand...

Yes and that's the point, there isn't only one truth in archery. For example: bows are a cultural item and they vary according to their respective cultures. A Mongol bow, and consequently a Mongol shooting style, would not work in England because of their weather, since rain and humidity are extremely harmful to that kind of bow. The yew tree used to make English longbows, on the other hand, isn't native to Mongolia. Some American natives shoot their bows with their feet, and so on. There isn't only one correct way to kill people with arrows.

8. For those of you that love or hate archery in POP/Warband.

There is only one proper response to Andersen's video:
    Epicrules said:
    Jesus christ, not this Lars Andersen crap again.

But less proper replies can be given too.

[quote author=bakters]The sources are wrong.[/quote]
    Sources are never wrong, what can be wrong are the claims we make based on them. These claims can be sober and follow scientific methodology, more or less like Anna Maltese does in her video, or they can be complete bull**** like Lars Andersen's.

It's not a matter of looking cool for bashing him or for being a skeptic, as you said in the posts above. Andersen attacked our practice with unproven claims, it is only natural that we respond.

But people can believe whatever they want.
  9. For those of you that love or hate archery in POP/Warband.

Deflection isn't all, there's also the issue of the the arrows's kinetic energy, which not only deforms the plate but also hurts a lot even if it doesn't pierce. An arrow shot from an average English bow lands with half the energy of a .22 or a Roman pilum. I think it's quite possible to break your neck if the arrow hits you in a bad angle. M&B's engine can't take all of that into account though.

Andersen is an actor. Even if his techniques were real they would have no use on a battlefield, where discipline, timing, and coordination are much more necessary for archers.
  10. Lore question

^^Current-day Vanskerries != Fierdsvain; it's in the lore.
  11. Lore question

Sure, but where did the Vanskerries learn how to ride so well as to use horses in battle? It's not just the jarls, who we'd expect to have seen horses in their barren islands somehow, but a large part of their troops. See what's bugging me?

As for the Viking comparison, the Vanskerries haven't settled in the Fierdsvain yet.

Anyway, if stolen horses is what really happened, it could be interesting to give them different types to reflect the diversity of loot that comes from raiding. At the moment they all ride the same two horses, I believe.
  12. Lore question

I actually feel that horses make them more balanced, and more generic. But what concerns me the most is the feeling that troop balancing was considered to be more imporant than lore for this change.

13. Lore question

I've noticed the threads here tend to revolve around numbers and game mechanics, but there's something about the lore that has been bugging me since the latest release. Why do Vanskerries have horses now? I assumed their islands had only rocks and sadness. How do they even fit those in their...
  14. Prophesy of Pendor 3.705 Bug and Support Thread (Ask all of your questions here)

Bug

Ok, to be honest, I haven't searched and read every post this thread to see if this has been notified already. There are two exploits that, while not game-breaking, are still exploits:

- Order rivalry quest: quest succeeds even when the enemy order party is destroyed by someone else. Since orders have high aggression, it's easy to kite them into death warbands.

- Sacked cities: It is extremely easy to take over a town after it has been sieged by a secondary faction. You don't even need to fight - just bring a good party and convince the troop in charge that they stand no chance against you.
  15. Emotions, anxiety, A.D.D., insomnia and sleep apnea.

An advice: be careful when posting this sort of thing on forums. This community is nice but most others would take the opportunity to bully you and that would make your condition even worse. Your college probably has student psychological services, it's a good idea to contact them.

Btw sugar, caffeine, and excessive gaming are proven to increase anxiety.
  16. is a letter that changed you life worth it?

hunterkiller725 said:
    it makes three factions dislike you wich while not hard to fix is a pain in the ass, i just cant tell what it does and if its worth it
    You could try approaching PoP as a RPG instead of a min-max game. If you do so, the letter will definitely be worth it.
  17. Geographically, where are Mettenheim, Barclay, and Vecavvia?

Q4, really?

PoP 4.0 2025 #iwanttobelieve
  18. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

In which file do I find the names of all lords and fiefs?

Thanks in advance.
  19. Geographically, where are Mettenheim, Barclay, and Vecavvia?

Awesome, thanks!

So that means Barclay's landmass is connected to Amala?

Anyway, I think that would also mean Pendor is surrounded by murdercold mountain ranges in the North and by powerful nations everywhere else. Right on the spot where different religions and cultures intersect. Seems like it's also a strategic logistic position for those nations to gain leverage over each other. This land is cursed, I'm telling you.
  20. Tweaked PoP 3.7063

That's just your opinion then, I hope you don't mind if I wait for a mod to clarify this if they think it's needed. I, at least, am interested in knowing what tweaks other players use and how that changes their game.
    If you think your changes would add something to others, why not post them? The Muskets and Reiters tweak a couple threads below was awesome to see, even if I'd neved use it.
Back
Top Bottom