Search results for query: *

1. sermen

SP - General The weight of the horse's armor and the rider's armor to affect its speed.

Right now Bannerlord calculates horse's armor and the rider's armor and they are shown in the inventory, but they don't affect its speed, maneuvering or acceleretion at all. (Contrary to foot combat where armor slows you down.) This reduces Bannerlord cavalry to Very Heavy Cavalery Army only...
  2. sermen

Are spears and pikes ever going to be fixed?

Yeap, I would like the spear to be more interesting in Bannerlord.

First thing is, at least two handed, you should be able to thrust incomparably faster than in the game right now and without signaling it. Now it feels like some 80 years old guy in slow motion.

BTW. Spears contrary to later lances had rather big blades and considering it's mass spear would kill the men on the spot.

When I see a spear with some 30cm wide blade going through head coming out another side and the guy just fighting like nothing happen?
  3. sermen

Need More Info Its been a 2 week and I cant play the game its unplayable

Your system spec?
    Did you try Checking Files Integrity in steam?
    What exact version do you have, beta or normal?
    I've had no problem using all game modes and no single crash with any version since the beginning.
  4. sermen

Crossbows too weak?

Crossbowmen with their big pavise shields should turn back to the enemy when reloading, as they did in some Warband mods. It was the only point of their heavy shields.

I tried to manually keep them facing opposite side (F2) but after they turn around to shoot - they still reload facing the enemy - and being obliterated.
  5. sermen

Resolved Item "Empire Crown" has hair_cover_type= "all" when it should have "type2"

Item Empire Crown covers all hair which looks awkard. It should have hair_cover_type="type2". I changed manually hair_cover_type= from "all" to "type2" and it works and looks perfect for both man and woman. No hair clipping at all. Thanks for your work! cheers
  6. sermen

Formation system need a rework: infantry just can't fight properly

First there is no stamina implemented so everyone is fighting like a mad without tiring.
    Second thing is warriors don't care about savety, they always attack and rarely defend.
    That's why cavalry fights are already interesting and satisfying but infantry combat is a mad rush and after a minute it's over, one side or another.

But it's EA, i think they will be fine tuning combat.
  7. sermen

Wooden training weapon in tournaments like in Warband (and stunning opponents instead of killing them)

In Bannerlord right now tournament combatants use steel sharp weapon and actually kill themself, blood flows everywhere. Then all resurect after the tournament. In Warband it had lot of common sense to fight in tournaments using training wooden weapon and only stun the opponent. It was building...
  8. sermen

SP - General Able to stab while holding shield out

Yeap. It would make spears more balanced and realistic.
  9. sermen

Retreat exploit

It was the most common and most basic legitimate tactics of the steppe nomads for centuries - harassing with arrows, refusing close combat, retreating after depleting all arrows, replenishing arrows from carts and repeat the whole process. Time after time. Day after day. Non prepared enemy with less mobility and no proper ranged units was doomed.

Real life counter tactics i.e. during crusades was not to chase them with cavalry but to employ crossbowmen with big shields and shoot them with favorable kill ratio.

Restriction in Bannerlord should be you can't reengage again for i.e. 6 hours needed to replenish arrows, regroup and reorganise and let the horses and people rest. This time enemy army would be retreating to their castle decreasing number of times you could attack and harass them. Like IRL. And common sense.

But good finding of yours - reengaging constantly many times without any need of regrouping, resting, replenishing arrows is an exploit. A big one.

(It is actually stupid in TW serie when you can see you didn't loose your mounted archers, you see you break away from the opponent savely, you retreated your units savely and far from any enemy - and you see you have magically lost i.e. 125 warriors, just like that, killded by the wind.)

cheers
  10. sermen

Cavalry penetrates Circle and Square formation at will without any significant loses, goes through the whole formation and goes out another side

Yes, it's because of the AI - speared infantry do not attack raiders with their spears, they are simply standing 90% of the time only very rarely trying to jab with their spears.

Spear infantry with simple "Charge" orded is very hard to defeat for any melee cavalry.
    Tight defensive formation should make spear infantry harded to defeat, not easier.

It's an early access though.
  11. sermen

Cavalry penetrates Circle and Square formation at will without any significant loses, goes through the whole formation and goes out another side

Even cavalry without lances, even singular raiders, easily penetrate "Circle" and "Square" 400-500 man formations of heavy speared infantry, kill archers inside, goes though and goes out another side. Soldiers are not active, 90% of the time simply standing and waiting for their doom not being...
  12. sermen

Circle and Square formations - soldiers keep their shields down when facing mounted archers + screenshots (works correctly with foot archers)

As in title - when soldiers are in "Circle" or "Square" formations they should keep their shields up all around the circle, as it is the case against foot archers/crossbowmen, but it is NOT the case when facing mounted archers. (It works correctly when soldiers face foot archers - no matter...
  13. sermen

SP - General Able to stab while holding shield out

True. Melee fights are simply too fast. Since the contact of two armies there is 30 seconds and the huge battle is over. One side, hundreds of warriors, is slaughtered in a blink of an eye.
  14. sermen

Dev Blog 15/11/18

Action equals reaction -> if the attacker would be thrown off the horse after sword swing the attacker would lose his arm because of recoil :smile:
    But after lance strike this falling animation is great.
  15. sermen

Dev Blog 25/10/18

When it comes to AI please no more leming trains.
  16. sermen

Dev Blog 09/08/18

Outlook is too sci fi and mood killing, but overally encyclopedia and functionality looks great. It just need some colour/style change, like "old paper" in Warband. Great job anyway.
  17. sermen

Dev Blog 24/05/18

Ok, the game is up.
    When the game comes out.

Ok, i was kidding. Keep it up. :grin:
  18. sermen

Dev Blog 11/01/18

When it comes to couched lance attack you should definitely include breaking the lance after the charge. It will add realism and common sense and balance the weapon - deadly, nearly guaranteeing a kill if properly used - but also disposable. It has been done in many Warband mods and it worked great.

I greet players and developers and I wish you successful work on the game  :wink:
    Błażej Seremak
Back
Top Bottom