Search results for query: *

1. Rasorath

Feudal World

The FW Dev, despite being warned, didn't know what he was getting into and ended up being overwhelmed by the amount of work required to provide a mod and server for this community. That, coupled with the refusal to delegate responsibility, lead to negligence of the important issues at hand. When additional staff were added, most of them were bordering on retardation.

Eventually, there was only one EU admin(me) and one NA admin(Honor) left who were active, which didn't last long because we weren't about to do this **** on our own. When all the staff had left, the players followed, except for the ones who were content with playing on a server without any form of management. When our peak had gone down to under 60, the Dev closed the server while muttering "ungrateful bastards".

Maybe that clears it up.
  2. Rasorath

We have damaged PW with our scripts.

Brookesy said:
    So is anyone going to come play on my server? It's vanilla like everyone has claimed to want.

Forum: www.movpw.boards.net
    Server: MOV_Swords_Shields
    Server hoster: Men of Valor Gaming

Let's put it this way. If everyone on this subforum who plays PW switched to your server, you'd average about 0 players.
    This forum doesn't have your desired demographic.
  3. Rasorath

Elbmow said:
    Still haven't taken your arse out of Rasorath/Splintert's arses? All you do is repeat what they say, stop acting like you are some kind of experienced voice of wisdom when you are just some strange Scottish kid.
    You should be talking. Remember when you stopped banning my keys on Nexus because you were convinced that I had by some magic aquired an unlimited source of serials? You're a child with the charisma of a toddler, and I'm legitimately interested in knowing what you're doing up past your bedtime.
  4. Rasorath

chunky_monkeh said:
    Feudal World.
    What about it?
    Ra'Jiska said:
    Why so defensive ?
    Anyway, I'm impressed you remember such thing, the old EUA, four (4) years ago: my first glorious time admin.
    Note that the only killing I made wasn't on purpose, but I must agree with you I had nothing to do with my admin horse at this time.
    We all commit errors, and as you said, I grew old. After a while ? Well, Aldric opened a new server after this one where he gave me second chance.
    From this time to now, I've been admin on all his servers. Apparently he did not regret it. But what about you ? Where were you ? He told me you stabbed him in the back.
    I don't really see how gaining Aldric's trust warrants boasting. He has the intelligence of a baguette.
    I'm flattered that he told you I stabbed him in the back, sounds like me leaving had a negative impact on him and the server. Although it was not so much a stabbing, rather than a kindergarten teacher leaving his children unattended until they devour eachother due to a prolonged lack of supervision. The results would have been the same, though.
    Rasorath said:
    In addition, if you read the forum rules, you'll be able to see that flaming (what you seem to be doing) goes against them.
    Welcome to the subforum.
  5. Rasorath

Brookesy said:
    Ra'Jiska said:
    Rasorath said:
    no scripts

No.

Have scripts, it's for the best.
    But before adding it, think weither or not these scripts you wish to add do not break the mod system (such as armour saving, etc..).

What scripts then?
    Yeah, listen to the clueless Frenchie. He probably knows what he's doing.  :neutral:
    I remember when Aldric had one of his spurts of genius and made you an admin on EU_A, Rajiska. Watching the players complain about someone called "Dodo" killing them with his admin horse was fun at first, but grew old after a while.
  6. Rasorath

The Bowman said:
    It doesn't need to be hardcore. You just need to get rid of the game-breaking scripts. Having banks in any formla is already a step back. In order to have a successful classic server, you need a good admin team, a simple ruleset and a nice map.
    Word.

3 rules, no scripts, plus a decent team and I might check it out.
  7. Rasorath

Dekkers´ PW Scenes

Scorpia said:
    Dekkers said:
    Lovely to see that this forum is just as salty as the Nexus and Oasis forums are/were.
    It's not actually. The rest of it is friendly unless you're a ****. Which your not. And it's only since Nexus it got this way

People tend to stay away from this subboard. The only admin brave enough to venture down in this pit is Pharaoh.
    This subforum has gotten incredibly boring. You used to be able to get your fill of banter here, but now it's just a huge cirkejerk.

chunky_monkeh said:
    70 is pretty normal... So fairly active.
    More like 40 on a good day. Nice try though. Maybe you'd get more if your admins weren't all as clueless as you.
  8. Rasorath

Dekkers´ PW Scenes

Dekkers said:
    Oh and Ras, Conner is looking for a good HA for EU, maybe you're interested? :grin:
    I'd much rather **** in my hands and clap.
  9. Rasorath

Dekkers´ PW Scenes

Sure, he's allowed to have a say in who uses his maps. It just looks completely ridiculous, especially coming from someone who's maps are mediocre at best.
  10. Rasorath

chunky_monkeh said:
    So just don't try running a no-script server.
    Yeah. Let's take advice from the guy trying to save his ridiculously horrible server from its inevitable downfall.
  11. Rasorath

I still think the only thing that could fix this little problem of ours would be a new version, one that people aren't allowed to completely destroy without giving it a new name.
    Of course, we'd see the occational "Goldstein Simulator" submod appear with automated banking. But I think we can all agree the average player would be too lazy to download it.
  12. Rasorath

why is this mod so easy?

JacobSK said:
    Splintert said:
    And now the only people with the intellgience to make new stuff is gone because of the idiots who take things for granted.  And by make new things I mean undo what was done.

...You mean Intelligence?
    He got you there, Splintert.
    StylesLookalike.jpg
  13. Rasorath

Why is this so dead?

Herbiazors said:
    The question shouldn't be "Why is this so dead?" The true question is "Why is this mod filled with intolerable children? Instead of tolerable randoming Russians with no knowledge of English language, and how did we let this happend?" Ponder upon it! PONDER!
    What if, and hear me out here, the playerbase didn't get younger; we just got older.
    Woah.
  14. Rasorath

Why is this so dead?

This is like listening to teenagers talk about the 90s.
  15. Rasorath

MP Native Feudal World

Marius_Marich said:
    There is not a single historical source of a crossbow bolt directly penetrating a helmet enough to disable the wearer.
    Even if that were the case, which it isn't, I'd like you to show me evidence proving the human skull's capability of deflecting arrows.
    In case you didn't know, peasants without any armour can easily survive a headshot with 200% HP. Thus, the introduction of double HP to PW rendered archery almost useless on the servers that chose to activate it.

Instead of increasing everyone's health, the more logical approach would be to increase the armour value of mail and plate. Which has already been done.
  16. Rasorath

Why is this so dead?

Splintert said:
    It's easy to blame "the scripts" or "the mod" for peoples' actions, but consider that the blame is equally yours. And mine. And the next guy. Especially the next guy.  :wink:
    I'd rather blame the scripts and the next guy exclusively. Not the mod, and definitely not you or I.

Maybe I'm just saying this because I personally prefer playing without automated banks and item storage, while the play style adopted by the majority of today's players require it. Well, I don't really care if that's the case. Because what I do know, is that logging in with 6 million in the bank and the tin can armour you had last time you played destroys a large part of the mod's gameplay.
    If people reach the end game when it comes to character progression just by connecting, you will eventually end up with a map full of people who are bored. Because it has rendered grinding useless until one eventually runs out of money, which doesn't take long to stack up again when banks keep your valuables safe.

There used to be players who didn't like to grind for their money and prefered to fight for their equipment using a rusty sword they picked up from the ground, like most of our old in-game clique. But now, in some ways, everyone has become like us. With the exception that they can buy themselves greatswords and heavy armour right off the bat, and they aren't fighting for equipment and gold because it's practically without value to them. Even the ones who would spend time mining or cutting wood for a large part of their time in-game has to find other ways to entertain themselves now, because grinding isn't entertaining when they don't need to do it.

As a result, people who used to group up with rusty swords and old knives to fight their way to better equipment, and then die a couple times with the equipment they've looted before retiring for the night, no longer has any place here. Those who liked to challenge themselves in other ways, like by grinding for gold, has lost any reason for playing any longer as well. What we're left with is a group of people who are content with fighting, dying, and gearing up again until they grow bored of the repetitive gameplay.

I'm not to blame, you're not to blame and the mod isn't to blame. Blaming the next guy probably isn't fair either. But giving "the scrips" credit for creating this mess, I don't think that would be uncalled for.
  17. Rasorath

Why is this so dead?

Vornne said:
    Suspicious Pilgrim said:
    Seems like the sword's been completely forged by now and it's on display for everyone to admire.
    I disagree with that: the pervasive corruption of the game design implemented on most current servers is so bad that the mod as played now mostly disgusts me (as explained in detail over the years); but since things were gradually let to slide one by one over time, I can't really be bothered to try salvage from the mess. Essentially what remains for me is an intellectual interest in the code implementation details, not much else.
    I believe players will always strive towards making the game easier, because they think they will achieve a more entertaining experience by doing so. It's human nature. The same reason people use cheat codes until they eventually get bored due to the lack of competition and difficulty.
    When someone makes their server more attractive by offering automated banks and item storage, any server without those things will seem needlessly difficult to play on by comparison. Players won't volunterily make it harder for themselves when posed with an alternative, even if they know that it will render a large part of the mod's gameplay practically nonexistent for themselves and everyone of a similar mind.

I know you've probably considered it. But if you ever decide to try salvaging the mess and releasing an update, my guess is that nothing would help more than not allowing the modification of it. Eventually forcing people to choose between a fun but more difficult experience on a newer version, or a walk in the park with the equipment they had yesterday, as well as a bank full of money, on the old one.

Just my two denarii.
  18. Rasorath

MP Native Feudal World

Suspicious Pilgrim said:
    Old school (v2+) PWer here, is this any good?
    It forces player interaction by using game mechanics rather than rules, factions aren't huge superpowers with actual influence over server management, and the harsh environment provided by the mod's features seems to be filtering out players who connect for the wrong reasons.

It brings me back to pre-v4 times. Not because of a lack of features (at this point, a long list of those are expected), but because you are able to find players who come up with creative ways to entertain themselves that doesn't always involve grinding for gold or the best armour. In addition, the rules weren't made for people who lack the intelligence to grasp anything that doesn't tell them exactly what they can and cannot do. Instead, the ruleset has more of a "don't be an *******" feel to it.

Just try to ignore marshmallows who cry "random!" every time they die.
  19. Rasorath

Why is this so dead?

Grumpy old codger reporting in. Everything was better back in my day, it's nostalgia a proven fact.
    [quote author=Splintert]
    *Waves cane*
    [/quote]
Back
Top Bottom