Search results for query: *

1. Tom426

Official 3D art thread - Warband

Leifdin said:
    That's one nice cock!

That'll definitely be my signature later. :grin:
  2. Tom426

A Rare Civil War Cutlass pistol made for FSE's upcoming Civil War game, Wood texture needs some work (Quite a bit)

qj45.jpg

600 Polys / 1761 Tris

Referance Picture

images
  3. Tom426

B Modern [WB] Battle for Yugoslavia -Trailer Pg29-

The things left out like the bit the bolt goes into with spring etc. You can make them as high poly then bake or heightmap by texturing them first.
  4. Tom426

B Modern [WB] Battle for Yugoslavia -Trailer Pg29-

Jahr mein Kommandant, Die Update ist Gut Kaiser.
  5. Tom426

Very nice revolver, You could always just give a really strong normal map to the holes, Heightmap or bake would be strongest probably.

6. Tom426

Copyright status of mod resources.

Your best bet is to look for free models on websites like "TurboSquid"

However most of these free ones have ridiculous poly counts, Look like crap, have no UV's or textures and hidden polys all over the place.
  7. Tom426

Lots of 3D art thread activity :grin:

Quick Grenade i did this morning.

yfmv.jpg
  8. Tom426

Best way about starting is to try out each of the modelling programs that are available to you.
    I did this and although Blender has a very professional look about it, And is understandable. I just don't like the way it works, Can't describe why. xD

Others like Maya just didn't really catch my eye as better than others.

If you're serious about 3D Modelling and maybe want to pursue a career or something in it, Start with 3dsMax. It will immensly help you later on.

I use Wings just because it has the nicest workflow, but lacks the ease of some of the modifiers and tools Blender / Max has etc, Such as being able to make circles in faces for screws etc.

Then if you want to use the advantages of these others programs you can always export your model and use the other program on it to do certain bits.

But yeah, try out all the programs, give them a good few days each. And then just pick whichever one you like most.

Lots of youtube tutorials and lots of experimenting will help you alot.
    A nice basic set of things to experiment with trying to make with each would be

Chair with Table
    German StickGrenade
    Bottle
    Glass

Look up plane modelling and Orthographic view pictures aswell, they help incredibly.
  9. Tom426

And some very quick basic low poly shells to go with the Shotgun 2 posts up :grin:

170 Polys.

168EAB7AC9DC09B0A7F2B8F9CDB1CBA103373CAC
  10. Tom426

Just finished a Remmington 870 Shotgun for RAVEN Game.

Took a couple pictures in OpenBRF.

w33f.png

5zj2.jpg

2048x2048 Diffuse and 2900 Tris

11. Tom426

Hullu fellow 3D Artists,

I've just compiled a few of my recent projects into a portfolio that i'm beginning , because it might be useful for University Apps etc.

It'd be really helpful for you guys to let me know what you think, Thanks :grin:

www.tomw.carbonmade.com
  12. Tom426

What do you want to see as a New OSP?

Can't do any Harm, Right? XD

I've just been making a few recently and thought i'd put them to useful use.

For examples i've done a Mosin Nagant M91/30 PU Scope  and a Browning Automatic Rifle (1100 polys)

They're found here on my portfolio :grin:  www.tomw.carbonmade.com

13. Tom426

Because i can just see myself now, Hunched over my computer making 30 poly town icons and crates.

:razz:

Nah, Its not often you see a firearm thats completed with texture and UV Map, Noone likes UV Mapping xD.

I'll be making WW2 Stuff i spose on whatever people want, Pacific, Europe, Whatever it may be because theres been at least a couple of WW2 Mod attempts.
  14. Tom426

Like i said, I'm really interested in Modelling Firearms atm, And i've been making alot recently that i never used for anything, So any OSP Ideas would have to be firearm weapons really, Sorry mate.
  15. Tom426

I don't think Warband has that kind of capability to Glow with Shaders etc? Unless you modified to fire effect, Which i havn't a clue how to do, Sorry xD.
  16. Tom426

Hey there, I was wondering if any or several mods inparticular would like to see an OSP that covers a specific area etc, Because i'm planning on making an OSP Covered in one specific area and i don't want to knock up one and have it never be used. Also it's 90% Chance going to be Firearm based...
  17. Tom426

Still heavy  W.I.P Mosin Nagant with Scope, But did the scope and started on the Grooves.

vfl.png

8x8.png

ynah.png
  18. Tom426

Tom426 said:
    Definitely get better at modelling before texturing, Instead of putting objects together in one area, Scale, Move vertexs and extrude faces, Bump etc.
    Most Swords are made of 1-4 Objects,

-How i work in Wings3D

Download a good ref side picture, And go into Wings, Right click - Image Plane- Double click your image.

Rotate it by Z , 90 Degrees (Press Tab when rotating to get exact number)

Rotate by Y  -90 Degrees or 270 Degrees.

Then Press Y , To go to viewing from the Y AXIS, Then you should be viewing the ref pic like so -

66B7C11A62DEB43022AA8402B955065D28E4A8BE

Then go to View - Orthographic View.
    Then Windows- Geometry Graph.
    Then next to the Image Plane on the Geography graph there will be a padlock icon, Click this.

Now pick the part of the referance you want to start on modelling,
    Create an object that can be modified to look like the icon by your reckoning, In this case a cylinder
    Rotate it and Scale it as necessary. Then press W With it selected to go into Wireframe view

716341E861C2A662A36E5CDF4024291D7746B04D

Cut Edge Loops (This will increase number of polygons but you can manually optimise by removing un-necessary ones later.

Select Vertex's (Cube with dots on top row) And then select vertex's that you want to move into position, Then move with Z and X,  In this view you shouldn't touch Y.

And it starts to create shape, To Model tops and other parts find different referance pictures and change the rotation.
    CECFE013CD80ADEB1449DD8D2043279F4E1E2538
    That's how i do it in Wings3D, In Max there's less faffing as you have 4 View ports already set up.
    That's just a basic idea, I'm too tired to make it make any sense, I'm sure some of the better Modellers on the Forum will mark out my mistakes xD.
    Stock of Rifle in this pic was modelled that way, Spend time tweaking after as that view only gives you the basic parameters of your shape.
    8zk.png

Feel free to PM Me for anything about Wings3D Modelling you're curious about. Swords are definitely a good place to start, Then Furniture is usually good.

P.S, Wings3D Has nice Bump and Bevel Modifiers but once you get more serious, Get a Trial or Student Version of 3DS Max, That has some fantastic modifiers. Such as for the bumps in the Mosin Nagant Rifle main body and Smooth deliberate indents i'd use 3DS Modifiers, As with Wings it's difficult to get exact whilst keeping poly count reasonable, Alternately scultping them in can be quite useful, but high poly unless you use no Sub-Division.
    Why have you got Spherical Ambient Occolusion as your shader?, If you want nice Preview pics in Wings, Turn the lighting down from Scene lights to Two Lights, Then One Light,
    Select your objects, Right click, Vertex Color, Change it to white,  Press the solid square in the top right of the view and take pictures. Easiest way to take a preview pic without going into Rendering your model.

Just for anyone wondering how the Plain modelling technique i showed in this works out through the process, i had another mess about with that referance pic tonight after doing a bit of the stock in that little tutorial :razz:,

Got the basic shape of a Mosin Nagant going, still needs optimisation, Reshaping on some parts and definitely some re-doing on the whole barrel end. Aswell as obviously the distinctive wood groove next to the reciever that will take a little while, and some other grooves in the magazine etc.

Plain modelled pic:

551FDBAFED2B4D39A4D13AC9D1B271CE9E8199C5

3D Modelled pics:

B46EB2E543DEDD8A5D0018C0099AD8A80E532DC1

5AEAE0F1278CBDEA72884323B3117E5E62DD1A4F

Model is about 60% Done, Depending on how it looks at the end i might texture it.

:grin:

Just for anyone wondering

19. Tom426

Different 3D Program Interpretations?

Gotta say, 3DS Max is the most professional and the one all the prosauce employers ask for. Probably my favourite, But Wings3D for just free modelling for fun, Can't beat it.
Back
Top Bottom