Search results for query: *

1. DarkTemplar

Snake cult Stronghold

Its very hard to make them charge, their leader is usually hidden somewhere on the side, path to entrance is very narrow and their trash units are dealing surprisingly high damage in range. If possible, try to get in with initial push and kill all possible archers on one side, but watch their preistesses and anacondas. If you aggro a few of them be ready to run away, since you risk agroing more and they are pretty tough so soloing groups of 5+ is difficult.
    I'm usually trying to put my archers as high on the steps as possible, so they shoot their infantry behind entrance and some dudes on the wall, but im usually trying to cover left wall myself, pick up bolts from their bodies and use crossbow.
    Their fort is designed well, its hard to find many weakpoints, but I havent tried taking them out without at least 5 lords, while im commanding 200+ top tier units and knights.
    Your level, renown and day suggest that you werent fighting much, did you trade a lot? If you have lots of gold saved(2m+) try to hire mercenary company, make them follow you into battle, dump all your expendable units after victory and hire more. You can feed your mercenary company endlessly, but you have to pay them higher wages, so either make them bleed units a lot in next battles or if you can afford it, keep them for later conquests. In most critical case cancel their contract after getting the stronghold.
  2. DarkTemplar

Prophesy of Pendor - Problem with the king

1. capture another castle/town
    2. ask it for yourself
    3. if the king wants to give it to you, refuse(you have that option here)
    4. repeat your answer untill king changes his mind
    5. rebel
    dont capture new fiefs or let your faction get new ones in the meantime, if possible try to increase your controversion stat(i think thats the name)
  3. DarkTemplar

Dev Blog 3: Prophesy of Pendor 3.8 -1/15/17- CHANGELOG ADDED

snouz said:
    I'm sure there's going to be plenty of awesome mods for Bannerlord anyway.

But none as awesome as POP  :wink:
  4. DarkTemplar

Learning for Pendor

I played Native Expansion for a few years, it has a few concepts similar to POP. With invading overpowered faction, special troops and a few other things. Its abandoned as far as I know, it went open source or something, with people creating their own modifications and alterations. In my opinion the difficulty is similar to POP, with extreme endgame challenge if you allow it.
  5. DarkTemplar

Help me understand CKOs

Upgrades in any chapter buff that order globally, if you have same chapter in castle X and Y, upgrades in castle X will upgrade knights and sergeants in the other castles, parties on map and even in enemy parties, so keep that in mind if you want to buff knights of the lion or dragon but have to face brennus or alexis later, its double edged sword.
    You can give equipment to your own custom knighthood order-CKO through your steward. There are stat requirements and some items are unlocked when you do certain things. You need a bit more renown and honor as well as qualis gem to start such chapter and in the beginning they will be close to militia equipment wise, but later can become stronger than noldors. Training and gearing them takes A LOT of time, so dont expect miracles early.
  6. DarkTemplar

Help me understand CKOs

1. Every chapter will occasionally spawn free knights and sergeants in the garrison, its good to have chapters everywhere, if you want to change chapter thats fine, but keep in mind that you might not be able to recruit some order troops without certain base units.
    2. Noble recruits are your noble tier troops, the ones who can become knights, keep in mind that they will be from the faction your kingdom is, if you want to have pendor nobles, you must create your own kingdom.
    3. You need silvermist ranger chapter in your fief and pendor black archers to train rangers.
  7. DarkTemplar

[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Main disadvantage is that lords will not protect the surrounding area, farmers will get killed, villages will be raided, your faction caravans as well.
    If your castle is being besieged often, garrison more troops or wait untill they are launching the siege and help defending.
  8. DarkTemplar

Archers wanted to reinforce the other side, chokepoint was on the way. Default command to order them to reinforce those points is stand ground. IF you know a better spot, you can order them to hold your position, but do it with F command buttons, you wont make it through tab window.

Some maps are meant to fit 150 troops, not more. Even then chances are that something gets stuck in those spikes. Those are default warband maps, nothing from this mod.
  9. DarkTemplar

Every lord can recruit packs of troops using his own money. He must be inside his(village attached to it makes castle his own for this purpose afaik) own walled fief, have enough money and be below his maximum amount of troops. They can also go to their village and recruit. I saw it only once, lord was next to his own village, got 1 pendor recruit added to his party after a while. If lord has household troops or order troops available, he will recruit them in packs as well. Those packs are usually small amounts of troops like for example 5 for higher tiers and 10 for lower tier troops per wave.
  10. DarkTemplar

Just starting on 107% difficulty

beanywalrus said:
    DarkTemplar said:
    You dont have to create your kingdom, its enough to stay mercenary and help weakened factions against dshar, or join dshar and use their lords to wipe invading armies and lead lords away from enemy factions. There are castles and cities with siege layout so good, that I dare say, its possible to hold them with 50 units per 1k enemies. Endgame units ofc, not some militia and farmers :razz:
    In my games its very rare for any army to grow larger than 1k, but I dont think that any of those can become unbeatable.

After so many days you should have decent realations with many lords, asking them to join, straight up or after capturing them will help you a lot. If they wont join, you can at least ask them to leave you alone, if engagement truly is not in your favor.

That's pretty lucky of you man. I've had Syla Uzas hit 4k once, and one of the Noldor lords hit 4k as well. Don't think I've seen higher than that but by Astrea was Syla hard.

I dont consider it lucky, I want big battles, I had one ~3.4k vs ~4.2k, I want more of those. But marshal blobs tend to eat spawns regularly.
  11. DarkTemplar

hoboistice said:
    You're referring to the PBOD spear bracing mechanic, this isn't that one. With that one the units stay in that position and don't move until you tell them to and there's no recovery frames or anything. With this one you have to crouch to do it, there's recovery time after each hit, the units can rotate to face the enemy at all times, and the damage is completely adjustable in the module.ini by changing the value for lance_pike_effect_speed = 3.0. Not to mention the units are exposed to any ranged units.

If bracing requires raider to come from certain angle relative to the spear point, im fine with that, but concern about very accurate archers vs crouched units seems unpleasant, there should be a way to not abuse this.
  12. DarkTemplar

Gorvex:
    I played one mod with spear bracing, I didnt find it very cool. One spearmen can ruin whole army of cavalry, because his bracing deals huge damage and effectively dehorses all cavalry units. Something like cooldown(couching lance) or only one time per battle, instead of countinuous death point, with damage equals to 2-3x pierce thrust damage, amplified by raiders speed? The formula cannot be: 100 damage every 0.5 seconds for every horseman in the vicinity of the spearmen. That would make spearmen+archers way stronger than any other combinations, considering different thrust options.

Arena... Do you know how exploitable are those "additions"? Npcs get lost there, bugged, players can abuse locations with jump. Whats more, if those are arenas for fair fight, how can abusing of terrain be fair? Who would NOT go to even, open ground to resolve dispute, show off his skill, etc? I dont see how ruins or parks could be choosen as fighting grounds. Not to say regular arenas.

Im not a big fan of graphical mods, if those reduce fps particularly, but I understand when people cannot look at something becuse its so ugly. If there are options to leave most graphical changes at lowest performance cost, Im okay with that.

Other changes are nice and interesting, adding other factions outposts as major factions seems a bit over the top, but manageable.

I'd love some mechanics or changes to preserve minor factions from being destroyed before I could even properly fight them. Thats the only thing missing for me, more endgame challenges. :razz:
  13. DarkTemplar

Im not saying ever, just dont rush it, maintain balance, keep minor factions in check, dont add another big factions to your immediate "be wary of/care about" list. In time you should develop companions and your char enough to deal with a few big factions at once. I dont think that there is a moment where you are too late to create your kingdom, if anything, then you are more and better prepared.

I have moments where I rebel, keep all my things, take another fief from previous faction and they ask for peace. Nobody after that wants to mess with me. Even if they wanted, I have more than enough troops to hold both noldors and all enemy marshal blobs.
  14. DarkTemplar

You dont have to create your kingdom, its enough to stay mercenary and help weakened factions against dshar, or join dshar and use their lords to wipe invading armies and lead lords away from enemy factions. There are castles and cities with siege layout so good, that I dare say, its possible to hold them with 50 units per 1k enemies. Endgame units ofc, not some militia and farmers :razz:
    In my games its very rare for any army to grow larger than 1k, but I dont think that any of those can become unbeatable.

After so many days you should have decent realations with many lords, asking them to join, straight up or after capturing them will help you a lot. If they wont join, you can at least ask them to leave you alone, if engagement truly is not in your favor.
  15. DarkTemplar

[DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

Yeah, in the beginning, just check again later, it takes some time to rebuild, but then its a pretty big castle.
  16. DarkTemplar

Armor type project

To achieve armor penetration using weak bow, the arrow would have to be made atom perfect, with as narrow head as possible, to push atoms aside easily. That level of technology is a bit futuristic, even for our times. But noldors are using magic and other stuff, so it may be possible for them.
    I want to emphasize distance and speed. If low-end missile was shot by strong man, using bow with many pounds of draw force, it will fall to the ground eventually. There is air around us, and any object moving in it, will have friction working agaisnt it, to slow its movement(apparently not in warband, some missiles just fly straight, but we want more realism, right?) To achieve seemingly no friction we need more speed. Think what happens with guns? Bullets are lighter than arrows, but their speed and range is far beyond anything bow and arrow can achieve. Thats why it hurts when you are shot in your vest. It has much more energy. E=(mv^2)/2 This energy is gradually lost while traveling through air or any other medium, thats why we have effective range of things (not exactly that, i dont know how to call it, when missile loses enough of its energy to not harm the primary target? absolute maximum effective range?). Its impossible (nobody did it yet, not even close) to shoot arrows 500m with your own hands. Even at maximum range, those arrows are almost harmless, slowed down enough to bounce off of the target. They arent atom perfect, but even those have to obey laws of physics.
    Unless magic. But then why not magic armor? :wink: Or atom perfect layer guiding arrows to the sides?
  17. DarkTemplar

Armor type project

Realistic, huh? Would you rather take sword or wear plate armor to survive longer against competent opponent? Forgotten realms forgot about something as basic as that.
    Anyway I think that taking complex real life events and interactions, bending them to fit into game engine and work according to precise numbers is herculean task with pyrrhic result.
    Regarding precise amounts:
    I agree with potential minor WP penalty, I dont think that another movement penalty is needed, armor should have its weight precisely stated and thats all, warband calculates your speed with that.
    Missile damage isnt close to good, what happens when i take weak bow and use noldor arrows with that? Force of impact is indeed true, but its heavily dependent on the missile speed. I can shoot the best arrow ever made, which can pierce modern steel, but I dont have the power to accelerate that so much with my own hands. Give something enough speed, and it can one shot kill heavily armored knight in full plate, it doesnt even need better material or high mass to pierce his stuff. I think that for missiles it should go like this: If bow has X dmg or higher, X PD requirement or higher, with X arrows or higher, you can create some kind of function, to calculate the effective distance of "blunt force of impact" bonus. If arrow had to travel 200 meters, it shouldnt do much against heavily armored target, I wouldnt be concerned about that, BUT if arrow was shot literally in the face, I would at least try to bow, to hide some weaker parts and holes and use top of the helmet and other parts to "tank" it. Check some kind of analysis of battle of Agincourt to understand what I mean. They werent concerned about arrows piercing their armor, it was all about the eye and breathing slits/holes. Arrows did occasinally pierce some parts of armors, but it just got stuck and didnt harm the man inside, at least not enough to seriously wound or kill him. Shooting from very long distance is a waste of ammo. If something like that was implemented in warband, it would make those "hold your fire" and "fire at will" commands very useful and important. But micromanaging this... ...is another story, and I wouldnt want to do that. AI is stupid enough, prone to abuse, this is another way to abuse it, or at least make it more annoying for the player.

So for now we are in this time, when compromises have to be made and some things must be contractual to make the game enjoyable. This is a big project and requires lots of dedication. If I may, I would like to suggest asking historians, museum curators, HEMA instructors, etc. about the missile vs armor argument, ideas to bend it into the game, by gathering informations about actual battles and remaining equipment from the period.
  18. DarkTemplar

[DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

Expanding upon minor faction survivability:
    Add rumor option on travelers to learn about minor faction hideout(training camp for recruits?) when they are obliterated
    Buying rumor spawns hideout somewhere on the map, it has to be found like regular hideout(hints for location from rumor?)
    No spawn rate changes untill faction hideout(camp) is destroyed, then it goes to lowest possible, as if it was obliterated/destroyed in current game and it stays this way, armies and heroes can still spawn
    Possible quest from someone, like steward, to destroy the minor faction once and for all
    Maybe change requirements to end the game: destroy minor faction bases/camps/something
  19. DarkTemplar

Prophesy of Pendor 3.705 Bug and Support Thread (Ask all of your questions here)

lostalimp said:
    Haven't been able to find anyone having this same issue.
    During a saving elder's daughter quest, I go up to the lord (the same faction I'm a vassal in, Empire) and after either losing disposition points or money, and getting the girl in my army, suddenly half of my men are gone. I literally lose the bottom half of my troops for some damned reason. I go from 114 to 78. There's no log line saying something like "this many men escaped" or something of the sort in case you're wondering. 
    I am using the tweaks from Leonion's Compilation of Tweaks if it matters. I checked that thread to see if anyone's mentioned such a bug, I haven't seen one. This is the first time I've ever done the quest, so I wouldn't know completely if those tweaks are actually apart of the problem or not.

Was your troop number cut into precise amount of stacks?(32 stacks back then, cutting all troops below) Very similar(if not the same) thing was reported some time ago and was allegedly fixed. Be sure to run the most recent version of warband, this is partially native quest if I recall correctly, its fixed in newer versions.
  20. DarkTemplar

Prophesy of Pendor 3.705 Bug and Support Thread (Ask all of your questions here)

Are you using any tweaks changing the spawn rate or other parameters?
Back
Top Bottom