Search results for query: *

1. AxiosXiphos

Please Re-enable Team Damage on Siege and TDM 🙏🏼

We indeed opened it up for a short-while to test it. We're looking at enabling it again.
    I think most peoples annoyance with FF is the fact your allies can grief you. Could you try reflective FF instead? That was always a fan-favourite in warband. It came with all the benefits of FF (stopping wild blobs of players) whilst also punishing the player who made the error (rather then the poor bloke who got in the way by mistake).

IMPO Something like 20-25%% reflective FF damage is enough to prevent wild-swinging, whilst still keeping games fast.
  2. AxiosXiphos

About a Future TW game.

Bannerlord went top 5 when first released .. but didn't stay there long, when people saw how much depth it had.

Devs seem to be adding features / depth? now ? Hopefully future patches will push BL to what it should have been, a rich, deep strategic war game.
    Big drops shortly after launch are normal:

6LjkYrs.png

UDeyKbC.png

B5AEPnP.png

krnBeQV.png

whErYuN.png

Long-term player count retention is a much better gauge of how much content a game has to offer.
  3. AxiosXiphos

About a Future TW game.

This.

Will never purchase another game from TaleWorlds. Purely out of principle.

It's clear at this point, that no matter what they promise (and show in gameplay videos), it's just bait to scam money out of their unwitting victims.
    Game is sitting at 90% recent positive ratings on steam (88% overall). Millions of copies sold.

Currently has consistently higher player count then;
    1. Rimworld
    2. Valheim
    3. Deep Rock Galactic
    4. Crusader Kings III
    5. Total War Warhammer III
    6. Project Zomboid
    7. Age of Empires IV
    8. Factorio
    Make of that what you will.
  4. AxiosXiphos

Will devs plan on adding feast back into the game?

I find it funny how so many of these discussions end up with someone claiming the game isn't popular anymore than someone else posting Steam lists of popular games, eventually it devolves into 2 or more people arguing about what makes a popular game. It's so repetitive and adds nothing to the discussion. 🥱
    Well everyone has access to the same statistics. There is no point people trying to pretend bannerlord is dying or something - it isn't.
  5. AxiosXiphos

Vanilla Bannerlord is so broken and shallow with so many absurd design decisions, that I cannot help but separate the vanilla experience from the modded one. For me, 80% of Bannerlord's mechanics, depth, enjoyment and play-ability come from mods.
    Good for you. I know many TWWH players feel the same for that game.

Completely unrelated to the fact bannerlord has a healthy player base though.
  6. AxiosXiphos

@AxiosXiphos how is Total War Warhammer even remotely relevant to the conversation? I was asking specifically about Bannerlord
    You were suggesting that because players use mods they somehow don't count as Bannerlord players. As if the mere fact of them using mods is a showing of weakness in the title rather the strength.

I was simply pointing out that a game which has a similar target market also has a huge modding community - that doesn't mean the game is lesser for it though.
  7. AxiosXiphos

How many people play vanilla Bannerlord without zillions of mods that make the game actually decent?
    AIyn8rv.png

Yeah... as it turns out players like mods across all sorts of games. That doesn't mean those players 'don't count' or something. I always find that line of thought ridiculous

Yeah, and Bannerlord has sold at least three million copies. Just look at the activity in old threads circa August 2020 vs. today and notice how many active posters back then are gone now.
    Elden Ring sold alot more and is a newer game. Yet that is pulling in similar figures to bannerlord too. The fact of the matter is the game is doing fairly fine - it is the community that is dead. And frankly that might be for the best.
  8. AxiosXiphos

Deleted the game and will not come back until at least something changes

Looters aren't the problem it's the guided missiles that disguise themselves as rocks that are the problem. :xf-wink:
    Good tip vs Looters & Sea Raiders is to ride around them and let them expend all their missiles first with your shield raised. Most will miss their targets, and the few that hit should land on your shield or at worst your mount. Without too much trouble you should be able to run them out of throwing weapons with little damage.

Problem is then units with no missiles will then act very defensively in combat; which does drag the fight out. Attacking them while they are throwing is certainly easier (but higher risk).
  9. AxiosXiphos

1) It was triggered at silly times in Warband. For example, you would take a city and instead of sticking around to defend it, all the active lords would ride hell for leather to Random Lord's castle.

2) The actual gameplay consisted of loading into a fixed scene and repeatedly triggering conversations for a small amount of relations and opportunity to proc a quest.

2a) Because TW were awful at game design back then, you sometimes had to do this two or three times to make sure you got everyone attending when the character count was high and the spawn points in scene were limited.

3) (Personally) There were extremely limited dialogue options and talking to characters back-to-back made that way obvious, which killed any immersion for me.

4) As a game system, it didn't tie into the core loop at all. It was basically an appendage that just kinda existed -- and most people acknowledge this, so they'll say stuff like "oh TW will expand on it and make it better!" even the face of TW almost never doing that with ported Warband features like prison breaks, deserters, workshops, etc.

Thank you... everyone is obsessed with a feature that basically repeated two lines of dialogue over and over whilst dragging every NPC in a faction away from whatever important task they were supposed to be doing.

Almost everyone has moved on from Bannerlord. The guys concerned with deep roleplay mostly stopped playing in late 2020, when it became blatantly clear the TW was not making a game for them.

I'm pretty sure the people still around are around for the same reason that players with 10,000 hours in War Thunder (or Overwatch or World of Tanks or EVE, etc.) who profess to hate the game keep playing it: they are literally unable to stop themselves.
    Thing is... the game is actually extremely healthy in terms of playerbase. Pulling in higher player counts then Total War Warhammer III & crusader kings III. Both newer games with a similar target audience from much bigger developers.

VyXYrBC.png

Hell it is only slightly lower then Elden Ring, Project Zomboid & Rimworld...

0b9oD8k.png
  10. AxiosXiphos

Can the player be a evil ruler or warlord?

Yea but how come even when u kill the enemies if ur own lords they hate u? Shouldn’t they he happy their enemy is dead. Also can ai execute as well ?
    A.I. can execute but it is very rare; typically reserved for the player if they absolutely despise them (usually because you have been executing people yourself).
  11. AxiosXiphos

Is This Game Dead?

I'll check it out eventually

Please stop argue on forums and the internet. Im confident that you are Discord users, take it there boys, please.
    Arguement aside the offer still stands to help him turn off auto-updates.
  12. AxiosXiphos

Is This Game Dead?

When in doubt, turn to semantics *again*. I could say the say about you and your term of what is "normal" for publisher's to do with games. You mention a couple and take it for gospel. Not my problem you keep buying unfinished games, I on the other hand don't, and find this development procedure stupid.

The game is fully released, and we are in the post release stage. You can find the titles and topics that mention this yourself. So back to what I was saying, yes..a fully released game should have working servers and updates that don't destroy saved game files when it auto updates. "Turn off auto updates then" he cries. Well sorry bud, but a lot of people don't have the option to turn off auto updates for a specific game, they have to turn it off for all games or nothing.

Delfect and disregard the topic. Is it that hard to assume I might just be someone who knows about this game without spending a large portion of my life on these forums like yourself?
    First of all, what platform are you on? I'll tell you how to stop it auto updating. Seriously, happy to help.

Secondly I didn't mention games at random. Paradox and creative assembly are two of the biggest players in the strategy / simulator market. Almost everyone here will have played their games, the playerbase has a huge overlap.

Thirdly... don't be rediculous. We both know the truth. Don't even pretend.
  13. AxiosXiphos

Is This Game Dead?

"Simply wait for full release".

Okay I wi...oh wait.

You're not even fun to argue with because nothing is getting through to you clearly.

I thought I should edit this to try spell it out a little easier for you.

This game (Bannerlord), is already fully released.

Hence, the reason for the argument.

The reason people are mad, is because the game has been in the public's hands for years now, and we are still only halfway to what the full game should be. Remember this game has been in development for over a decade, and they're just added snow particles to the game.
    Full release of the PATCH.

*Should be*. That is such a subjective term. Who gets to decide what it *should be*? You bought the game knowing what it had; and what was being worked on currently. I'd like more diplomacy changes but TW have made it clear that aren't working on that right now. Who am I to say it *should* have those changes?

Would it make for a better game? Absolutely; but that doesn't mean I get to determine that.

You are the one using an obvious alt account... join 20 days ago did you? Weird that you are so knowledgeable about the decade long development cycle...
  14. AxiosXiphos

Is This Game Dead?

Amazing. You stay standing over there arguing about that and defending publishers for releasing broken games at full price while you stick your fingers in your ears calling it normal.

"And that game has a dozen DLC". Read that again and with the context of the argument and then think.

There will come a time we will pay for a "full release" movie in the theatre, only for it to contain placeholder actors and all filmed in with scripts in hand in the back of a shed because of people like you who say "well it's very normal" while clapping the back of your hands together, eagerly waiting for the "full, full release" in an indefinite period of time.
    What the hell are you talking about?

I'm simply stating it is common practice for video game companies to let users to play/test out patches (via a beta before public release). You don't have to play it; simply wait for the full release. If you don't like it - you better stop playing video games; because beta patches have been around for a decade now at least.
  15. AxiosXiphos

Is This Game Dead?

Okay I'll message TW tell them to change the titles to "beta for patch x.x" rather than "beta patch x.x" , or will you do it? You missed the point entirely and have reverted to arguing semantics.
    No I'm simply pointing out that it is very common for companies to have patch betas. Stellaris has patch betas and that game has about a dozen DLC...

TW don't need to change the name because it isn't misleading. I am just trying to explain that beta patches post game release is very normal.
  16. AxiosXiphos

Is This Game Dead?

You answered your own question. Its still being updated after 3 years. Its been fully released for some time now and they still haven't finished adding the full release features. Instead they moved the goal post and put the full release features (like the bloody weather) into a "post- release" post just so they could point to that post if someone asked a question to shut them up. We should be in DLC territory now, not fking around with dozens and dozens of bugs and crash fixes.

The progress is so slow it might as well be dead. The clue is when you are releasing beta patches after the game have been "fully released" for over a year.
    They aren't 'beta patches' they are beta's for the patches. It is quite common for companies to allow users to access upcoming patches prior to them being fully ready / balanced yet. Paradox & Creative Assembly have both done exactly the same.
  17. AxiosXiphos

Is This Game Dead?

Quick reminder to anyone; you can access current player figures for any-title just by checking steamdb figures. Though this doesn't cover non steam versions of the game it will give you a good indication of player trends;

WlbJGF9.png

In summary bannerlord is currently hovering just about Total War Warhammer III & Crusader Kings 3, and just below Rimworld, project Zomboid and only a few steps below Elden Ring.

Draw your own conclusions from that information.
  18. AxiosXiphos

Beta Patch Notes v1.1.0

Agree, naval combat doesn't make any sense in Bannerlord

I don't think this is really an improvement. A hard cap means you can't take a choice and then making the game difficult for yourself, in Warband rtr made sense world wise because sure you can start your own kingdom right away but people won't really care or think that you should be a king at all. And while the mechanic was rough and kinda hidden, things like sending out your companions was cool, even your own King would reprimend you for it, in my opinion it could have been improved upon rather than removed completely. Clan tier feels too MMORPG and more like a list of chores I have to do before the game allows me to do something, I like having the freedom of choosing and then suffering the consequences specially in an open sandbox.

Except it isn't the same thing, isn't it? They are only part of a quest but they should be able to be found in the open world. Rebel factions are a cool addition yes, but again, not the same thing. There's a request from that list your let out which is manhunters, and I think the issue here is not just that they're not in the game, it's the fact that there isn't enough variety in the world in terms of groups roaming around. Manhunters where a cool neutral faction that again, could have been improved upon, I would loved to see it as an actual neutral faction you could be a part of, or have it made a faction where you could quest in early game hunting bandits and such. Deserters could have been a consequence to losing wars or to fighting too many wars, where they could spawn around and cause trouble in your kingdom. I like the living reaction to the things happening in the world, I feel it just doesn't happen as much in Bannerlord. (Really didn't happened a lot in warband, but some mods hitted the spot with this, example, angry serfs spawning in PoP).

I agree, camping didn't have much use in Warband, and now you can wait in villages in Bannerlord which helps pass time faster and safer. I think camping was a solution to waiting for your army to attack in sieges. Here armies solve that perfectly.
    What I liked about camping is what mods did with that mechanic. You could stroll around your camp, chat with your soldiers, train your soldiers or train yourself. I mean, there sure was some potential in it, while OG was useless it's sad seeing features go away nonetheless.

While a step in the right direction, there isn't much going on here. It's practically the same you've been doing in precious patches, except you get a bonus when you do it and from time to time you have to defend it. Eh sure it's a good addition, can't complain, it kinda feels like taking gangs in GTA San Andreas lol... maybe that was the inspiration? Who knows. I just hope they go some steps ahead and add more stuff to a criminal playstyle. The problem here is that there isn't any consequences to doing any of this, no one complains that you're ruling 5 gang alleys on your kingdom, like, yeah sure, he goes our kingpin ****ing my daughter no issues. If you're being a gangster lords should hate you, at least, based on their personality (a system Bannerlord has, yet the devs refuse to use for some reason, can someone tell me what do they affect? Seriously asking).
    Kinda railed away with this one but TL,DR: good step forward, needs more additions to be called a playstyle.

Rebellions are a great addition, it's exactly the kind of stuff Bannerlord needs. A mechanic of consequences happening in real time to the point it can be a real pain in the ass, I want more of this happening. Ususrpers are not the same thing though, ususrpers/claimants were side characters YOU helped rebel. It was basically creating a kingdom, but for someone else. Really not a huge mechanic, could have some more stuff going on, but for some strange reason I loved doing those in Warband. Should it be in Bannerlord? I don't really miss it, but I understand that people would like the choice of doing them, it's variation, everyone loves variation.

Itttt kinda does. Random companions are usually called the same (Johnny the fighter, Mary the healer, well not so dumb but you get the point), sometimes they even have the same backstory, and you can completely forget about them, you can even not even realize they've died in battle. And then...

And while they react to some stuff happening, I don't think they react enough to be important, or to think something will happen. Again, THE PERSONALITY SYSTEM, could have more use here. Picking fights between companions could be considered an annoyance, but personally, I think that having conflicts in your party made the world feel alive, since how you morally and ideologically you run your party could determine if people would like to follow you or not. I want this to be expanded before saying it's better, because I in warband did liked my companions, and I always felt like I was seeing recurring characters that were part of Calradia. And since, backstories are boring and repetitive, and barely have any consequence in Bannerlord what really changes? Not a lot for sure. Not to mention, Lords in Bannerlord do not change at all in each run, unless they have kids in a long run, so what would be the problem with set companions too? Just add more to the list instead of having 10. Also rising companions into lords was one of the best mechanics in Warband.

On a side note, there's some things from that kinda aggressive list you left out like:

I don't think it's factually wrong at all, there's a lot of valid requests you left out, and half you covered that either were based on your opinion or were not replaced in Bannerlord, just kinda similar.

And this was my TED talk, Taleworlds, please, add politics into the game, they're fun.
    Something can't be half-true. It's either true or false; and fundamentally that list of full of mistakes. Once again - I am not asking for people to not provide feedback or even not complain; just be accurate.
  19. AxiosXiphos

Beta Patch Notes v1.1.0

hey TW

-no feasts or events.
    -no claimants/usurpers
    -randomly generated companions < jeremus
    -no promised gang/brigand playstyle
    -villages don't count as fiefs, only useless castles and town do.
    -no upgradable villages
    -no manhunters
    -no naval combat
    -RtR system from Warband discarded, a clown could become a faction leader overnight.
    -no books or trainers.
    -no hitmens targeting you/random encounters like the belligerent drunk.
    -no lords consipiring on each others, no duels. 0 political intrigue.
    -no political quests and denouncement quests.
    -no deserters
    -no deeper courtships, just gamble rng, no poems.
    -no real reason to visit towns/castle/villages at all.
    -no camping.
    -lots of other content removed/discarded.
    -meme ingame economy.
    -meme ingame diplomacy.
    -lots of exploit-early game is a chore/boring.
    -meme mid-late game
    This list is so strange to me...

• No naval combat: A system that was not in the prior game - nor ever promised as part of this game.
    • RtR: A system that has quite clearly been replaced by the clan tier system. Your comments on become faction leader are untrue; because of this system. The only major difference between the two is Warbands RtR was a softcap, bannerlords a hard cap (and family based).
    • No Deserters: Except there are deserters as part of quest missions, there are rebel factions and military units can be found as part of bandit parties?
    • No Camping: As in the mechanic where you stand still and pass time....?
    • No gang playstyle: Except the gang playstyle TW just added in this patch?
    • No usurpers: Except there is a full rebellion mechanic implemented into the game?
    There's much I'd like to see improved - but people really need to be honest with themselves and their requests. This list is just factually wrong.

As a final note - I personally much perfer the random companions as it adds another dynamism to the game. Set companions are fun for the first1-3 playe throughs; and then become just set stat bloks that you pick from.
  20. AxiosXiphos

This game sucks

Vanilla warband has better diplomacy and political intrigue that this game.
    It has like 3 lines of dialogue and 2-3 quests. Calling it 'better diplomacy' is reaching. At least in bannerlord the AI genuinely assesses the strength of each faction when working our war/peace.

What actually has better diplomacy is the diplomacy mod - which was played so much people tend yo forget what was part of the original game.
Back
Top Bottom