Search results for query: *

1. Windyplains

Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine

Thank you for the information.
  2. Windyplains

Compilation errors?

It is harmless.  That is the result of the compiler and WSE not sharing all of the same "opcodes" (the scripting commands the module system uses).  WSE has a "try_for_agents" loop of its own type that focuses on a specific area of the battlefield (vs. every agent on the field) that PBOD (the Pre-Battle Orders & Deployment mod) makes use of.  The compiler ignores that initial "try_for_agents" loop command, but sees the native Warband "try_end" so it thinks there is one too many.
  3. Windyplains

Generic vs foreign language troop naming

UniversalWolf said:
    What if you have a standard name for a troop type, but let the player rename each troop type as he pleases through the UI?

So it might start out as "Nord Huscarls," but if I want to I can change it to "Big Axe Guys."
    That is quite possible, though unless really desired may not be worth the time investment to produce a system that is compatible with unique troops and location renaming.
  4. Windyplains

Modding in old sounds?

Replace sounds.txt with the one found in the Native module folder.
    Delete Silverstag's "Sounds" folder.
    You'll have native sounds again.
  5. Windyplains

Vaegir troop tree rebalance?

The Vaegirs main failing in auto-calculations is that they get hit twice with smaller army sizes.  This is something I'll need to balance again for them as it puts them at a significant disadvantage.
  6. Windyplains

looking for light mods

Floris needed to offer a lighter version simply because the expanded one had such high requirements.  Many mods do not need to do this.  Generally speaking mods that add more items increase the game's memory requirements.  Adding a few isn't significant, but several add thousands.

For native enhancement mods that would probably run fine: Diplomacy, Silverstag & Native Expansion.
  7. Windyplains

Silverstag + 'Combined Face Replacer'

Are you sure that you didn't make an error following the kit's instructions?  I just used a copy of Silverstag v0.27.3 and installed the kit you linked on top of it with everything working out fine.  Rolf is a bit lighter in skin tone and Nizar looks changed a bit, but those appear to be intentional while every other male looks roughly as they did in native.  The women are another matter with the same basic look.

So that would be my recommendation.  Make sure you didn't forget to change one of the load_resource lines to load_mod_resource, that each of the resource (.brf) files is in the resource folder, that all of the textures (.dds) made it into the textures folder and the skins.txt file made it into the main "Silverstag" folder.  Overwrite any duplicate files when copying.
  8. Windyplains

Apparently I made a bit of a poor assumption earlier.  Njunja's brf needs to be kept in the mod.  That's an armor pack and I was thinking it was the eastern faces kit Dawg had added some time ago.  Otherwise you'll see issues with Sarranid armors.

The only resources Silverstag seems to use that are related to face meshes/materials/textures are the native textures_face_gen & materials_face_gen and you're overwriting those so I'm not sure yet why that would conflict.  Sorry about the earlier confusion.
  9. Windyplains

Silverstag already has a facial mod for men installed.  It's Njunja's eastern faces.  This is using the resources "Njunja_eastern" and "materials_face_gen".

You were already overwriting the last of those two by installing the other mod, but the njunja_eastern resource is still trying to load and it alters the "mesh" of male faces.  Think of the mesh like the actual sculpture that a texture is stretched over.

Just delete njunja_eastern.brf from the resources folder and remove it's line in module.ini and that should resolve the issue.
  10. Windyplains

Making a submod: How do I get my new units to appear in the recruitment screen?

Amphoe said:
    For the ability "Rallying Strike", it says that it increases the courage of nearby ally troops. What exactly is courage? Is that the factor that determines whether or not a troop decides to flee?
    Correct.  The Savagry ability will drive enemies towards wanting to flee sooner while Rallying Strike should delay that effect.  Neither effect should (by itself) prevent or cause fleeing to occur if the battle isn't already moving in that direction.  Instead they should increase the speed at which that tipping point occurs.
  11. Windyplains

Making a submod: How do I get my new units to appear in the recruitment screen?

Amphoe said:
    How do I edit the cheap abilty's values? Currently, it makes a unit 40% cheaper, but I want to make it higher say 50% cheaper?
    Look for this line in hub_scripts.py: ## CHEAP (-40%) / EXPENSIVE (+50%) TROOPS

Now look a few lines down to this line: (store_mul, ":discount_cheap", ":rating_total", 40),

Change that 40 to 50.

12. Windyplains

Too freaking hard, need some tips

I wrote this wiki article on building your finances a while back, but the information in it is still accurate and right from the code.

Health regeneration will definitely seem very overpowered if the mid is on easy difficulty.  I did that intentionally to help folks as they learn the mechanics.

The feedback in this thread is great reading.  Thanks all.
  13. Windyplains

Sudden death bug?

kirkusmaximus said:
    From what I can tell this is a GUI bug, If you look on your character sheet you will notice your health is not max. I think it may be linked to Berserker or Disciplined and being knocked out but not entirely sure. If you find a root cause there is a ticket for this. At the very least you are not alone.

https://www.assembla.com/spaces/windyplains/tickets/1818-maximum-health/details#
    This post is correct.  I am intent on fixing this with v0.27's final release, but have not tracked it down yet.
  14. Windyplains

Polearm/Jousting bug?

Get me the exact name of the item and I will check on it.  It may be missing the item flag that allows it to be couched.
  15. Windyplains

Trial mode, unable to connect with cd key, manual doesn't work either

If it isn't running in 1.153 mode it should be crashing fairly regularly.  If it is showing 1.168 that should indicate that WSE isn't functioning (as it won't accept a later version).  I noticed this question coming up on reddit and people said it started working for them as well with no added action.  I'm unsure what caused the initial interruption or correction of the issue.
  16. Windyplains

Trial mode, unable to connect with cd key, manual doesn't work either

I am unclear what you mean by manual version.

I have been out of the loop for a while.  Was there another Warband update?

Have you tried using a 1.153 copy of Warband?  It can be picked up at Takeworld's ftp site.  I will look for a link when I am back to my computer.
  17. Windyplains

Version 0.27 (Dev) Feedback - Latest Patch 0.27.3 (pending)

The Vanguard role will appear with v0.26.3's patch.
  18. Windyplains

Version 0.27 (Dev) Feedback - Latest Patch 0.27.3 (pending)

I have a lot to catch up with here still and I wanted to remind folks that my lack of response over the last several weeks is due to my work schedule.  Work should resume here in a couple of weeks.  Please still keep the ideas and insights coming as this feature is very much still in development.
  19. Windyplains

DEBUG (Health Regen) message spam.

Debug messages are sometimes left in for dev versions, but if I do that intentionally there will be a "hide messages" option added for the patch as well.  Otherwise they can always be considered bugs/oversights.
  20. Windyplains

I must be blind

The Rhodok board shields are considered paise shields.
Back
Top Bottom