Search results for query: *

1. Newbiejunky

Skirmish Town Outskirts

There are few spots were you can get stuck. Generally behind wooden fence.

Also, is there a way we can get a full plan from above of the map?
  2. Newbiejunky

Penalty for leaving matches

I agree.

Also, it would be nice if we could join back the server when we crashed in the middle of the game.
  3. Newbiejunky

Mamluke

The "price" difference between heavy cav and inf is not big enough during skirmish game mod imo
  4. Newbiejunky

Future of tournaments

Firunien said:
    _Osiris_ said:
    Seems we have two main paths here.
    Those who want to play 8v8 mostly but accept more 5v5 tournaments can happen and those who seem to want to make warband a medieval cs:go clone.

I think if you try to base competitive native on a csgo or LAN system you will fail. Online 5v5 to me is no easier to organise than 8v8 because most 8v8 teams have more than enough players to cover someone not turning up. If your goal is LAN then you are not ever going to join a 5v5 team as a sub knowing you will just get removed for a LAN tournament unless someone else can't make it, and then if someone is away for a LAN your probably disbanding anyway. Same can be said for 8v8 of course but people won't be joining clans in the hope of going to a LAN.

LAN events are good for sure but you can't change the current system to fit it very well. If more notice is given it would give plenty of time to form 5v5 teams. Imo keep most tournament 8v8 and run a couple of 5v5 tournaments too. Don't force 5v5 to be the main format

I am sure you are aware, but some arent so i will give a brief history why our matches are 8v8 :

Starting out with 15v15 we had the problem : Teams did drop out because they couldnt manage to get enough people during a tournament at some point.

After that we are at 12v12 and we had a problem : Teams did drop out because they couldnt manage to get enough people during a tournament at some point.

Then we went to 10v10 and suprisingly we had a problem : Teams did drop out because they couldnt manage to get enough people during a tournament at some point.

Now we are at 8v8 because it is somewhat stable, and not because we had a great council on how warband is to play right and where we had a huge consensus about 8v8. I dont know how you come to the conclusion that arranging 5v5s ist somehow harder then 8v8s. Your second argument doesnt make sense as well, people leaving a team because they are on the bench would be the same in 8v8 for a LAN, theres just more of those benchies without a chance because you have to have them in order to be able to play regular online matches. Personally i think Warband would be played best 12v12, but there is neither enough willing commanders nor the players for that. (commanding a 5v5 is easy, commanding a 8v8 is stressfull, commanding  a 12v12 is a fulltimejob)
    This.

Also, i would say that 5v5 allosws to have more different teams which means more teams to oppose. This gives more diversity. In addition, this is something that should be consider as an improvement for arranging matchs. All teams don't have a roster of 20 players so gathering 5 players is easier than gathering 8.

I'm not sure about it, but i'd say 5v5 should make matchs shorter than they are on 8vs8, specially if we can get smaller/more adapted maps, which is good in my opinion. I'm not fond of blocking my evenings to plays matchs to the end.

Disbanding shouldn't be consider a problem if tournaments are made like the Battle of Bucharest. You just have to team up with some players to be able to play the tournament, play all the week matchs, and then disband to make another team for the next one. Or not... and you don't have to be sure that you have at least 12 people ready to play regulary for 3 or 4 months in a row.

5. Newbiejunky

Future of tournaments

I think 5v5 didn't work in the past for many reasons but i'd like to underline one of them: there are not really that much maps that fit for it.
    If i may say, there should be more map like sandibush for that kind of matchs.
  6. Newbiejunky

Battle of Bucharest 2017 - Finals Format and Information

Well played to all teams! Was nice to watch some Warband again :smile:
  7. Newbiejunky

Teutonic Knights

Good luck!
  8. Newbiejunky

[ECS3] Suggestions & Questions

Colonel Horyse said:
    And decrease round time ?
    Shemaforash said:
    maybe the game would be better if we did

You guys are reading into my mind!
  9. Newbiejunky

[ECS3] Suggestions & Questions

Trebron said:
    Map pool is very good maybe except Castellum. Pls spare us untested crappy maps at least in probably the last tournament.

This.

Or just remove every open maps :3
  10. Newbiejunky

[NC 2016] Grand Final & Bronze Match - Turkey NC2016 Champions

Congratz Turkey!

Glad you finally won NC :grin:
  11. Newbiejunky

Top teams EU/NC teams - Native

Sir Marek said:
    Division B perhaps, but not really Division A :razz:

If it's not A, it's definitely B!
  12. Newbiejunky

KURWA BlackTide's Clan

Duken said:
    I offer myself as a shooter as RNGD dont see my potential as an archer.

xoxo

Naaah we don't just see your potential as a player...

But we like your pasta!
  13. Newbiejunky

KURWA BlackTide's Clan

BlackTide said:
    The applications are positively flowing, some more ranged players would be nice to see, however. I'll try to arrange a match, if we're absolutely trash then I'll have to reconsider to there's a lot of potential in the players signing up.

Glad to hear it!

BlackTide said:
    And I'd give my heart to serve under Nubijuki once again.

Touched :3
  14. Newbiejunky

[NC 16] Poland

Glad to see quite a motivated Poland!

Good luck!
Back
Top Bottom