Search results for query: *

• Users: Zarthas
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Zarthas

Captain Mode Skirmisher AI Fix

Hello @badbuckle ! In light of your most recent triumphs with Shield Strength Multipliers, I'd like to suggest a low-medium effort solution for the ongoing Skirmisher AI problems in Captain mode. I am the only psychopath I know of that mains Skirmishers in Captain any more. Its common to play...
  2. Zarthas

Any "serious" mod teams looking at an Equipment Buy system?

Are we tracking any mods that'll be working on a Warband-style loadout system, specifically for Captain? Would be pretty wild to see what you could do if you were allowed to load up like you wanted, with maybe unused gold being used for "Reinforcements"/increasing Unit size. The great irony of...
  3. Zarthas

[Suggestion] Multiplayer Minor Factions

Every team in a multiplayer game is randomly assigned a faction, which has 6 troop classes to pick from. People complain about the Class/Perk system because it gets stale. Metas emerge, and some factions just struggle in some game modes due to class selection. We can help address some of...
  4. Zarthas

Resolved Combined Arms Warrior Perk Does Not Randomize Correctly

Summary: The text of the Sturgian Warrior's "Combined Arms" perk implies the weapons are random. They are not exactly random. The Captain draws one weapon randomly, and the Troops draw exactly one kind of weapon for the entire body of troops. For example, the Player could end up with the...
  5. Zarthas

Resolved Throwing Troops Aim for Target's Head, Always Miss High

Summary: Javelin troops seem to aim for the rider's head when throwing at cavalry. This means that the closer they get, the steeper the angle. This is most noticeable when trying to hit Camel-mounted troops, as the missiles will sailing hilariously over the target even at very short ranges...
  6. Zarthas

Resolved Troops release projectiles wildly when changing orders

Summary: If a troop has a readied Thrown weapon, it will often release the weapon rather than returning to idle state when changing Movement orders. Additionally, they will pivot their facing direction to be appropriate for the new movement orders before releasing, resulting in wild shots and...
  7. Zarthas

8v8 Captain Mode thoughts?

One of the custom servers was running 8v8 Captain. What's the community's thoughts? It seemed like the increased player count mitigated the lose-spiral you go into if 2 out of 6 members of your team are not sure how to play. 1 out of 8 units running around to flags on the wrong side of the map...
  8. Zarthas

But seriously, let's put Slings back in this game.

I understand they hurt Skirmish players' feelings and had to get removed there. That is fair. At the time we did not split perks between game modes, so Slings were removed entirely. We now split perks between game modes. We need to remove the move speed increase for their Captain Rabble, its...
  9. Zarthas

Intra-Unit Missile Wounding Should Not Take Place

The game's AI is not designed to avoid hitting allies at all costs. The vast majority of the time it is just not a consideration, as it is not possible for friendlies to shoot each other in Single Player. AI Troops within the same unit should not be able to shoot each other at least at very...
  10. Zarthas

Axe-Throwing AI Oddness

The AI has some strange behaviors when trying to use Throwing Axes. The way Throwing Axes work after the recent rework, they are sort of a shotgun weapon. They are a snap-throw weapon, because there is no reason to steady your aim as the accuracy cone never tightens. They also have a strange...
  11. Zarthas

Captain Mode Shield Strength Multiplier Should Be Reduced

@NIN3 I'm not sure of the exact nature of the mechanic, whether it reduces damage taken by shields or increases shield hp, but there's some variable that increases longevity of shields in Captain mode vs. Skirmish/other modes. Devs revealed this in some of the patch note discussion a year or...
  12. Zarthas

Bear-Head Discrimination

Seriously why does the Battanian savage get Wolf and Bear heads but the guys who are actually bear-cultists don't get them as a customization option?!?!?
  13. Zarthas

Throwing Axe Design Philosophy [Captain Mode Focused]

[Captain Mode Focused] @NIN3 You mentioned you were looking at different projectile loadouts for skirmishers. I'm not understanding what the MP design philosophy for Throwing Axes is and I'd like to request a nudge in direction. They have been made a dedicated Skirmisher weapon, and their ammo...
  14. Zarthas

Resolved Javelin Troops throw in the direction they are walking, not targeting

Summary: Javelin throwing troops throw in the direction of movement rather than the direction they should be targeting, as in previous versions. How to Reproduce: Tell troops to move to a location or Fallback while having Fire At Will enabled. Troops will just throw javelins at walls as they...
  15. Zarthas

Peasant Weapons

Some good things got rolled out in this patch, but we gotta put the Peasant weapons back. I realize we put Awlpikes on the peasants because we stripped them off of Voulgiers and Vlandia would have no pikes. This was a mistake and the Peasants shouldn't have to pay for it. When you take the...
  16. Zarthas

MP Increase Camel "Mounted Skirmisher" perk to 5+ javelins

[CAPTAIN MODE FOCUSED] The AI struggles to target correctly with a thrown weapon on a good day. Add into that being 8 feet off the ground on a camel, and even completely stationary you're not going to do much of anything with 3 javelins. It is not uncommon to see your entire salvo of 39...
  17. Zarthas

RIP The Sling

You took my sling. The last thing that was good in this world. Now I get to be athletic, what Rabble really wanted. Bland, flavorless Rabble. Yum.
  18. Zarthas

SP - UI Hold Middle Mouse for Weapon Radial Menu

If you hold G you get a radial menu of what weapon you want to drop. I'd love to have a radial menu on Middle Mouse Button that allowed me to choose what weapon to draw next. There's no reason I should cycle through my spear then my javelins THEN my sword when all I wanted was to draw my mace...
  19. Zarthas

Remove every faction that is not Khuzait then?

Hey so I realize it is not possible to lower Horse armor, reduce the damage of glaives, decrease likelihood of polearms to bounce harmlessly off of horses, or balance the factions so that one faction does not have one of the best examples of every unit type. I realize it is also not possible...
  20. Zarthas

MP Add "Horses Killed" to Player Stats

This game has made me into a monster. Nothing makes me happier than the satisfying thunk of a throwing spear and the death-scream of a scumbag horse. I want to know how many of those bastards I've sent to hell. I'd also like to suggest a PETA badge for 500 horse kills. Again, NOT...
Back
Top Bottom