Search results for query: *

• Users: Raga
  • Order by date
  1. Problem with lords constant "resting" - help me fix this.

The same thing is hapenning to me.
    Even the same names. I am playing for about 180 game days.

King Kasimir was defeated 3 times, and now is permanentyly resting in Warsaw with 6 troops.
    Kmicic and Wołodyjowski are still fighting but are down to 30-40 men and are not replenishing them.
    If they do not get troops from prisoners I believe that they will be permanently resting after defeat, too.

I am playting native Fire and Sword.
  2. Vassalage Help

If you start Deluge quest you have joining to the Polish Commonwealth disabled as well as joining another faction.
    When you reach realtions 10+ with them you get the dialogie option "How can I help the commonwealth..." or etc. If you want to keep playin sandbox witohut restrictions select the option "You are pitiful and on your own" (or something like that). It disables the main quest and lets you join them normally.
  3. How does party size work?

Sorry to repost here but this is the only topic I have found about party size.
    Is it a bug that every point of Charisma gives +2 to party size? I have checked my calculations for all of the campaign difficulties and changes during levelling.
    On other M&B games it is +1, and even in the charisma skill description in F&S.
    Wiki also mentiones that the charisma bonus gives only +1.

It also is correct with my calculation for faster3200 asuming he is a king.

Parameters depend on Campaign AI so:
    Base party size (30/20/10) + Leadership (5*(10/7/5) + Charisma 16*2 (not 1 as the description says) + Renown (1485 : 15/20/25) = 20 + 35 + 32 + 72 = 159
    Being a king +100 = 259
  4. Stupid Tax inefficiency

Karnaak said:
    Also, I believe that Tax Ineffiency take cities as 2 fiefs, not one :wink:
    You are right, and Castles are counted as 1,5.
  5. How do you feel about the recent 1.143 patch?

I have not encountered any problems so far.
    I have two new games started and there are all kinds of items in shops and I never had any crashes.
    I have steam version and latest 1.143 fix.
  6. Where to start your own kingdom?

I personally choose Reyvadin:
    - good trading routes
    - 2 very close linked villages - easy to defend

I never had a problem with their low prosperity.
  7. Selecting all of the units during the siege

It only works partially, it also selects other archers (ie. some of the Ragnarr's and Haeda's)
  8. Selecting all of the units during the siege

Is there any way to disable that bug? I don't want to have such option if I am not a Marshall.
  9. Warband ruined M&B for me

Turn off the cheatmenu?
  10. Female Marriage

If you have a good relations with lords that are target of "resolve dispute" you get nothing but renown.
    If they both agree to come to their senses, my relations with them are not changed.

You mean that relations between them are changed? Are you sure?

Spouse of my other char always wants me to resolve the dispute between the same two lords (four times already).

11. Female Marriage

I would use Diplomacy if I could choose only part of its features (there are some that I really can't stand)
  12. Female Marriage

I guess the best shot is to convince the "material for husband" to capture the castle and support him (maybe also convince other lord to follow me).

There should be a dialogue option added for the fief conversation.
    - Can you support XXX instead? - XXX is chosen from the list of current Faction (or at least "Can you support my husband instead?")

The one time "I support my husband" is not enough.

DogSoldieR:
    My relation with Graveth is around 20-25.
  13. Bandit Hideouts

Just to clarify, you do mean the travelling villagers who wander out of villages right? As in how towns are affected by its villages. Towns I can understand, but castles?? How do you derive this assumption?

The dependance between villages and towns is pretty well described in the manual (this Forum).

The dependance between a Castle and ist Village is a little mistery, but I think that the prosperity of a castle equals prosperity of its village (even if there is no visual communication between them).
    I mean if the village is Rich, the castle should be also Rich, if the village is Poor the castle should be Poor - I never had a proof that I am wrong.
  14. Female Marriage

I'm playing Native so I have only options:
    - Can you support me instead?.
    - I support your choice.
    - I suport my husband (but I cannot make other lords support the husband)
  15. Female Marriage

JosieJ:

Thank you.

I know how to get a castle for my character, but what about a husband?
    I have good relations with some lords, but they only have villages, and the lords with towns and castles are on good terms with a king.
    Is there any possibility to help a husband to get first castle if he is not a marshall?

One more thing is there an option to give some troops to a husband?
  16. Bandit Hideouts

When does the hideout come back?
    Some lords have one quest type: "destroy bandit hideout"

It never takes a week for a hideout to come back.
    I usually destroy 4-5 hideouts in a week.
    The conditions are:
    The Hideout always comes back if you trigger a quest from a lord (it may be every 1-2 days)
    If the hideout comes back by itself the quest should be available (it was always ready for me if I see a hideout)
    If you destroy a Hideout and then take a quest from a lord it comes back the same day.
    The longest time without a hideout is when you destroy it when the lord has the quest ready and you do not take the quest (It should take 2-3 days to make the hideout appear again)

I am 80% sure that gropus of bandits are reinforced only when they return to the hideout (or they defeat Manhunters with prisoners of their kind), so destroying the hideout makes them only stop growing for a while.

My arguments:
    - the caravans reach only towns (I may be wrong, but I have never seen a caravan coming from/to a village or vastle)
    - prosperity of a town/castle is affected by its villages AND by caravans (only towns)
    - caravans are much less common that gropus of villagers
    - large (30-50) groups of bandits are not a threat to gropus of villagers (they are to slow)
    - large groups of bandits sometimes attack small groups of enemy lords (who are pain in the.... when I cannot catch such a lord and he keeps coming back every time I think that he finally got away)

Summary:
    It is more efficient (in the economical aspect) to care more about the villagers than the caravans (to let the bandits grow strong).

But of course it is only my playing style and my point of view. I always leave the hideouts alone and my villages/castles/towns are Rich, so I am not totally wrong.
  17. Female Marriage

I have some questions.

I tried to play a female character (I focus only on healing abilities and leadership)

If my character marries a Lord with a Castle:
    - can she garrison units in this castle?
    - can she withdraw units from the garrison?
    - is the garrison trained as for NPC lords? (ie. can I place 50 recruits and wait till they are upgraded with time?)

I'm playing with autsave so I don't have a chance to test it myself.
  18. Bandit Hideouts

Caba`drin:

You don't have to apologise, we have different experiences and points of wiev.
    Destroying the hideout changes nearly nothing because it will be respawned near the same place and the bandits are sill there - they only change their home base.
    Example: There is no way to protect Udinad peasants from Sea Raiders unless you stay there and follow them all the time cause the base is always near Udinad..
    If you leave the hideout alone, the bandits grow stronger and stronger to about quantity of 30-50, they become to slow to chase villagers who travel in groups of 9-13 (approximately), so the bandits become a threat to lords (with armies about 30-40 who raid your villages) and not the villagers.

The only suggestion I agree with you is to move the hideouts away from the main caravan trade routes.
  19. Bandit Hideouts

Dead Guy:
    1) It does not affect the game world - I usually leave the Hideouts to prevent enemy lords with armies of less than 50 units to harass my nerby villages

2) Where is a question anyway? You are right.

From my experience:
    Sea Riders - Rivacheg (I never had such quest from owner of Wercheg)
    Mountain Bandits - In the last game the hideout was only generated between Dumar and Culmar castle (quest available only from owner of Yalen) and in the current game is near Fedner and Chaeza (Quest only available from owner of  Veluca)
    Forest Bandits - Praven or Suno (usually is located between Ryibelet and Tahlberl - at the northern edge of a forest)
  20. Where's my reinforcements?

I play Native with battle size limit 150.
    I used to have 25-30 archers on the top of a list, line them before the castle walls while the melee units stormed the walls.
    I had the same problem - all of the melee units died and there were no reinforcements.
    I had to throw Archers on the walls (to make them die) and THEN it triggered the reinforcements.
    There must be a maximum quantity of troops to trigger the reinforcemnts.
Back
Top Bottom