Search results for query: *

1. Slow down there!

Like I said, it's not foolproof, but only gets me a little short of half the tournaments.

Regarding gear, don't forget you can pick up gear of fallen warriors!
  2. Slow down there!

I always start battle with F1 F1, which groups your team in a line. Then when the enemy gets close I say charge (F1 F3), and run around the flank and make some cheap shots against the enemy while they deal with my team (if they target me instead of team-mates, I usually keep my shield up or focus on blocking, and try to maneuver them closer to my team-mates so they can make the sneak-attack). I've had decent success with this, won about 40-50% of the tournaments I've competed in, with a relatively low-skill character (mostly doing merchant, still only level 7).
    One thing about this game is that the enemies move very quickly! If you have enough athletics you can do the same, and get into positions where enemy shields are useless for a few moments.
  3. War Horns and Berserkers

Kjertesvein said:
    It seems to me that berserker is for pagans and strong is for christians. Can someone other than me confirm this?

I had berserker as a Christian with Briton background, and female, so it's probably tied to neither of those 3 things. I'd imagine it's tied to your skill picks, but only because that seems intuitive to me.
  4. How do i get a free cameraview whilst traveling?

W, A, S, D keys? Is that what you mean? I usually use Q (look at quests) and escape to centre camera on party, sometimes it gets stuck on a city if I go to Locations and say "Show on Map"
  5. Viking Conquest Update 1.02 (released)

Game is working great for me now! Thanks for your tireless patching, Viking team!  :eek:
  6. Certain Text Not Appearing After Patch

kalarhan said:
    Did you enable cheats using the CAMP menu? Those debug texts  should only appear if you have cheat mode on.

Not that I know of, though I did import a character, which could have had that consequence? I will verify my cache and double-check settings, and play a fresh character next time I play, and I will report back if I still see these.
  7. Historically wrong

Maybe the dev team needs to put up a sticky that nobody ought to be trying to correct the history without sources. It seems like a lot of people are jumping in here with 'historical knowledge' that is gleaned from strange sources. The development team of this mod has clearly done a lot of research and I think the community ought to respect that enough to give the benefit of the doubt unless a conflicting source can be easily located.
  8. Certain Text Not Appearing After Patch

Some other ones: The popup screen that displays when nations change diplomatic relation. I had one where two Irish kingdoms made peace, in the top paragraph, then the middle paragraph displayed "DEBUG: [location name i.e. Hrofae Ceaster] strongest kingdom with [ #] strength... and so on, comparing two kingdoms, but calling them by a city name for some reason.

Pressing backspace in battle gave some strange results: The columns/rows of Ready, Wounded, Routed, Dead, and Us, Allies, Enemies, has some strange text in where the numbers should be. Under Us and Wounded it says "DEBUG : Horser Archers is tracking". ?!

I also had a message pop up in the log at one point which said "you have delivered 1490 cattle to lord X", which was strange as I had no mission nor had ever owned cattle (it was like day 4).

Honestly, this new patch is the worst iteration for me, and I've been really enjoying the DLC since day 1.
  9. Full season change every month?

I thought it was just to mean wintery weather, so when it kept flipping through february, march, april, may, I thought, oh that's a neat feature. Then it kept doing it all summer, and all winter, and so on, and I thought, hmm. Maybe not working as designed.
  10. why are all the character skin colours locked from warband?

I'd like to see at least some darker skins. There were supposedly the Irish Blue Men, slaves captured from raids in Mauretania. One of the companions in the game is a Greek, and looks like a very pale one (Greeks can come this pale, but also much darker).
    I suppose the issue is that you don't want them to be mixed in with the troops, as they pick random skins. Still, if it was 1/10 or something, skins being an olive-tone or brownish I'd appreciate that. My first character was intended to be a Greek (picked foreigner, then went and remade after I saw my skin options)
  11. How many two handed weapons are there?

I thought of two ideas for 2-handed weapons which probably wouldn't hurt history.

Woodcutter's Axe: Shouldn't be a great weapon, but makes sense to be 2-handed. Slow, medium damage, has a blunt thrust.

Great Club: This just seems to be something that would exist in any period, but lost to history due to being a large piece of wood. Makes sense for peasants to use a big heavy club.
  12. [S] "Suvarnabhumi Mahayuth"--Historical 16th century Southeast Asia Mod [Released]

Thank you for your hard work in making this mod!
    SEA pre-colonial history is one region where I'm weakest, so it's great to have a starting point to learn about this interesting region. Of course I know it's not an educational project, but when I've played under a king I then go and learn more about them  :grin:
  13. Crazy Suggestions Thread

Hello Full Invasion 2 team!
    Speaking on behalf of Kingdom of Jerusalem (a growing group of 12 members) we'd like to request implementation of the Kingdom of Jerusalem flag. It exists on some armours, but as a banner.
    Vlag_van_het_Koninkrijk_Jeruzalem.svg

Source: Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Vlag_van_het_Koninkrijk_Jeruzalem.svg
  14. 116 Player Faction Review

Please, add your own reviews, be they large or small. I plan to write my own review for most of the factions, and will begin again as 117 comes. When you review a faction add a score out of ten, which describes how much you would want to play this faction (1 being always dislike/downvote this...
  15. v017 Previews + Factions Overhaul Ideas Thread (New preview)

Suggestion for Cowboys:

New Troop: Lonesome Rider

Skills / Hp/ What armor : Unlike normal cowboys, has a horse. Can use pistol and a cavalry saber. Has a fast horse and a good ability to shoot from it. This class seems necessary to me, because what fun are cowboys if they are all on foot?

Suggestion for Chinese Dynasties:

New Troop: Artillerist

Skills / Hp / What armor : Has a big carriage in front with rockets coming from it. Uses a horse like some enemies (alien bug, rhinoceros), reskinned like the crusader carriage, but moves very slowly. Attacks slowly but deals area-of-effect damage like exploding melon, and with poor accuracy/reload speed.

Suggestion for 17th Century:

New Troop: Plantation Rebel

Skills / Hp / What armor : Has poor armour (basic clothes), but high-damage unwieldy worktool-weapons such as scythes, hammers, machetes and lumber axes. Has high strength, 2-handed skill, ironskin.

Suggestion for 7 Years War (and 7 Years War France/Britain)

New Troop: Native Ally

Skills / Hp / What armor : Has poor armour (use the one from the native invasions for a north american first nations person), high skill in throwing weapons and bows, and athletics. Has the option to use the muskets of their faction.

Suggestion for Gallic/Germanic

New Troop: Barbaric Warrior

Skills / Hp / What armor: Similar to the other Germanic warriors, but no shield and better access to heavy weapons and better skill with them (2-handed, pole).

Suggestions for Anglo-Zulu War

New Troop: Boer (see the original mod, they were quite a lot of fun to play)
    New Troop: African ally
    Skills/ Hp/ What armour: Borrow skins from the zulu invasion factions, give them access to the Martini-Henri rifle, and give them the full bodysuit / head from the zulu invasions, with additional shakos and redcoats if possible. Give them weaker skill with the rifle but better polearm skill so they are better on the charge. Offer throwing and native african weapons (from the zulu invasion faction) to have a sort of skirmisher to support the british.

16. v0.115 Released!!!

Well, I thought I'd load up Full Invasion, and discover I need a new patch.
    Thanks for all the effort and hard work folks, it does provide a lot of people with a lot of fun!
  17. Russo Japanese War Mod

I'd be interested to play it! Can supply some help I suppose, play-testing, text-writing, layman stuff like that.
  18. Anyone use Xbox controllers?

fernetekhd said:
    Sir Edwards said:
    fernetekhd said:
    [Who needs blocking? Just stabbity stab stab stab :smile:

Good luck ever living by doing that :wink:  Oh andby the way you can also swing in this game.

I've found the melee very confusing, actually. Blocking never seems to work for me (to be accurate, I play on a bots siege server mostly and while the bots easily block my stabs I can never seem to block theirs -.-) and every time I think I figure out which way I have to move to get the different melee strikes (ex. moving forward to raise the gun above your head?) it will happen in a -completely- different way.

I probably just need to play more :S

It's not about how you move (walking), it's about how you turn (looking). So move the mouse down to block down, right to block right, etc., don't try to walk left with the A key to block left. Just making sure that was clear, I think you may have a mistaken idea of how it works based on what you wrote.
  19. BRYTENWALDA SPECIAL EDITION RELEASE - 28/09/2012

Thank you for all your hard work, I'm downloading as we speak and very much looking forward to reading the novella and playing the final edition of the game!

:grin:
  20. This game is crashy as hell, so if anyone can enlighten me...

OK it turned out there was an update for my sound driver, and two hours of commander battle (the mode that would crash the most) says that was the problem. Thanks for the help and sorry for the alarm! I am very happy to play this mod now!

Edit: I've had a few crashes since then, same problem, fmodex. Next time I'll try it with the sound unaccelerated in the dxdiag.
Back
Top Bottom