Search results for query: *

1. dealman

MP Stop Matching Premades vs Randoms

None of them organized by Taleworld, or even promoted by them. How about starting to actually foster a community in some way? Setting up a Discord server doesnt take much time, if they dont have enough people to run it, theres plenty of volunteers eager to help.
    The launcher is basically useless right now, how about promoting the Discord there? Or the lobby screen? That way every player, and not just the forum visitors have a chance to join it.

There is an official Discord, though?
  2. dealman

OSP Kit [Release] Mod Template for Visual Studio (Automatically configs, adds references and more!)

I started a new project and selected your template, should my project show up as a mod or do I need to still create the mod folder?

It should automagically create the mod folder for you. You can verify it's there by going to where Bannerlord is installed, for example;

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules
  3. dealman

MP Ideas for Cooperative Campaign

There are remnants of co-op code here and there in the files, so they have most definitely experimented with it to some extent.

But whether or not they are - or will continue trying is unknown. It's very plausible they might just leave it to the modders to try and figure out. There's a lot of technical difficulties and data that need to be synchronized effectively.

There's a lot of stuff that can and will go out-of-sync and cause a whole myriad of bugs and crashes.
  4. dealman

MP Speed inconsistencies between weapons

I think there need to be some differences, otherwise 2-handed weapons would be far, far more powerful than they already are. Yes there are some rotten eggs, but that doesn't mean all 2-handed are bad. Take the Menavlions and the Glaive for example, they're disgustingly overpowered at the moment.

If their speed is to be increased, their damage should be decreased as well. One-shotting heavy infantry with a polearm while they're up in your face feels dirty and being on the receiving end - is really frustrating.

Polearms as a whole in this game are just fundamentally broken because they don't have a minimum distance like spears do.
  5. dealman

MP Stop Matching Premades vs Randoms

5 or 6 man pre-mades should be put against other teams of equal size, not against groups of randoms. It's extremely unfair and will 95% of the time end in defeat because communcation is A and O in this game. I don't necessarily mind a challenge, but when I keep getting put against 5/6-man...
  6. dealman

OSP Kit [Release] Mod Template for Visual Studio (Automatically configs, adds references and more!)

Hi, just installed visual studio and then your extension and enabled it
    "Visual Studio will guide you through the rest" nothing comes up for me.
    Im new to VS would you be able to write a quick install guide please?

What I meant with that is that the installer for Visual Studio extensions will guide you through the installation process itself.

What the extension does is add a custom template, so you start Visual Studio and go to Create a New Project. Then search for Bannerlord and my template should show up. :xf-smile:

Or did the extension fail to install? The file should end with a .vsix extension. You can also try to install it via the Visual Studio Marketplace which can be accessed directly through Visual Studio! ☺
  7. dealman

SP Native Battle Speech - Pre-Battle General Speech Mod

Currently, we are working on this

It probably feels a bit 2D in video because of the silence after the speech. At latest version we do have some sorta cheering after the speech

Might be possible to play the sound in 3D at the player's location to make it feel a bit more authentic, what I meant with 2D was - it sounds as if it's just playing in a video in the background as opposed to being in the actual game world - if that makes sense. :xf-smile:
  8. dealman

SP Native Battle Speech - Pre-Battle General Speech Mod

Feels a bit too 2D/out of place in my opinion, no doubt it'd be very cool with some actual original voice acting - but that's easier said than done...
  9. dealman

3D modelling tools question

Personally I use 3ds Max, I've been trying to get into Blender since you know - it's free, and it's been booming lately. But I just can't wrap my head around how they design their interface.

If you're new to 3d modeling I'd probably advice you to try Blender, though. Fairly sure it'll become the new standard soon.
  10. dealman

[RANT] WTF are you doing?

The SDK will come with Release, which is earliest in a year. TW always makes plans for 1 year and then they see, so decide yourself when the SDK comes.

AFAIK this is false, last I heard they weren't sure whether the SDK was gonna become available before or after full release.

As for the topic at hand, I agree that combat is in desperate need of some changing. Though, I'm also sure they're already chugging away on that, just because we don't get to see changes made to combat each and every day doesn't mean they're not working on it.

There's a bit more to software development than just tweaking a few numbers here and there. While tweaking some XML files may make things feel a bit less clunky and more snappy, it doesn't mean it's necessarily the right way to do things. Thus, they don't apply these mod "fixes" no matter how well received they are.

It's just a band-aid if anything and for that, mods are great.
  11. dealman

Spears are weak.

Yes I got the damage tweak done, thanks a lot for that. However, like you, I'm trying to make the a new custom damage model.
    I'm also trying to mod couch lancing with no luck.

SandboxAgentApplyDamageModel should have an overrideable method called CalculateCouchedLanceDamage which I believe is what you'd want to override in your own damage model.
  12. dealman

Spears are weak.

Forgot to ask, is this code based on 1.2.1 or 1.3.0? I was assuming it was 1.2.1, but today I'd have to update to 1.3.0 and wonder if there won't be any problems.

It was made for 1.2.1, yes. But it shouldn't have any conflicts with 1.3.0 unless they made any changes to how behaviours are loaded. :xf-smile: Did you manage to achieve what you wanted to?
  13. dealman

Spears are weak.

They can leave MP alone for balance i don't play it i am talking about for single player and currently lances are ridiculously short.
    If the lance was at least held correctly it would be far less of an issue and they would not have to extend them.
    And for all the spear waffle i think people are forgetting that spears come in a variety of lengths.
    A spear for individual combat ideal length is between 4 and 6ft anything above that is too unwieldy and better used in formation.

While I agree SP and MP balance would benefit from being separate, that's probably a wee bit too much for TW to keep track of.

I still do however wholeheartedly agree that lances are in need of a buff in any way, shape or form. If anything maybe the AI could use some improvements in terms of their ability to charge.
  14. dealman

[WIP] Banner Editor Mod - Importing Banner From Image

Have you checked if it's a case of a for loop where they remove one element from the loop count? For example:

Code:
    for (int i = 0; i < myStuff-1; i++)
  15. dealman

Spears are weak.

If i had bothered looking i would have found this thread instead of making a seperate one about lances lol
    I find it pretty annoying that my lance barely extends beyond the horses head making it utterly pointless as it negates one of the biggest strengths of the lance its reach.
    Down to the fact that it is being held centre mass which is completely wrong.

Personally I think couched lances are perfectly fine, if their range were to be extended and their massive damage kept as-is, they would become ridiculously overpowered.

Cavalry already reign supreme in Captain and Skirmish modes. Couched lances take some kind of skill and thought to use now as you can't blindly charge into spearmen, you have to catch them unaware or hit them at an angle.

So long as you don't go blindly charging into spearmen from the front, the lance is by far the best weapon in the game as it very reliably one-hit kills everything.

Hell, I think couched lances should have a durability meter similar to that of shields simply because of how strong they are. Since cavalry can just do hit and runs with it indefinitely. It's so ridiculously overpowered that one Vlandia Knight/Khuzait Lancer player in Captain mode can single-handedly kill half the enemy team.

And then look at Skirmish where lancers are readily available from the get-go. Those that are decently skilled with them will very, very easily get 4+ kills in the first round.

So no, I very strongly disagree that their range needs to be buffed.

That said, that's for MP. As for SP I don't really know nor care since there's so much combined arms going on anyway.
  16. dealman

If the devs wanted to make changes to the campaign map, are you ok with that? POLL

This poll seems really redundant. If the map is deemed unbalanced and needs to go through some changes, why on earth would anyone be against that?
  17. dealman

Terrible performance 1.2.0 and 1.3.0 [SIEGE]

I'm sure TW has some kind of profiling tools on their internal builds, I strongly encourage them to ship a branch of the game with these profiling tools enabled. This would greatly help us narrow down what causes these issues.

My guess from some testing is that it's related to pathfinding, I only get massive FPS drops when the defenders are almost dead - down to a few guys and my teammates are all trying to path their way to those last guys.
  18. dealman

Bannerlord Click Simulator Is What I Dedicate 80% of My Playtime To

Because this is the only game where you need to click stuff, totally don't need to click in other games such as shooters. The game should just play itself for us already, what else is machine learning for? :unsure:
  19. dealman

Spears are weak.

...perks still not working as of 1.3.0, btw.

**sigh** so much for my hopes of seeing Push Back/Keep at Bay in action. **rolls eyes**

They aren't gonna work for a while because they're re-working the whole perk system instead. Your best bet would be to use the community patch mod.
  20. dealman

Weapons System and Physics

If you download dotPeek or dnSpy you can look for yourself pretty much exactly how all of the calculations are done.
Back
Top Bottom