Search results for query: *

1. This game is so incredibly punishing

I'm just frustrated.

Believe me, I try not to be at war with more than one at the time, but not every npc seems to agree with me. >.<
    And I can't really restart the game. I've gotten so much done, and I still have more than twenty levels under my belt.
  2. This game is so incredibly punishing

That won't help, I would still have to kill hundreds of soldiers by my self. Plus, it's cheating.
  3. Units disappear

I found that my party just fell apart once, all my soldiers just disappeared with no warning.

Later, I found out that the party was infected with some disease, and I had gotten that quest without noticing.
    Waiting in a city for about a nanosecond usually fixes it.

This was of course current soldiers, not party size.
  4. This game is so incredibly punishing

I just died again. Ghad, I hate when that happens. Time to start grinding caravans for money to buy back my gun, my sword, my horse, my armor and my helmet. And I have to buy new troops. And train them. And I have to find all my followers again. Luckily, I'm only at war with 60% of the towns in...
  5. Defending a castle

You can also just be within the castle when they attack.
  6. how much renown do u need?

I don't think you need much to become a vassal, way less 200, probably less that 100.

However, to be able to support a claimant, you need 200.
  7. Seriously OMFG?

I alt+tab all the time, but it never crashes. Well, due to alt+tabbing. I use two monitors, so I always have this forum right next to me when I play. Handy, in case there's something I want to know.

The game freezes sometimes, though, and when it does, alt+tabbing usually makes the error come up, so I can restart it.

It's not really an issue anyways, as the game autosave even if you think about doing something.
  8. storyline rawards?

I'm far from done with mine, but there are some hefty xp rewards for the quests.

Oh yeah, and you get to control your own country.
  9. Cossacks took my town! Is there an easy way to declare war?

Haha, I thought I should finally get started, so I rode up to some "Foragers" to attack them, seemed like a good place to start.
    The minute I pressed "Surrender or die!", my relation with the Cossacks went from 100 to -5.

That was a bit easier than I imagined..!
  10. Cossacks took my town! Is there an easy way to declare war?

Seems like I have to start raiding and pillaging. What's the quickest way? Villages? Caravans? Attacking their Lords?
    My named followers will start whining if I kill "innocent" people, so I'm probably best off with lords. Though that is by far the most dangerous..
  11. Cossacks took my town! Is there an easy way to declare war?

Can't really wait for the poles to take it back either, seeing as they're all sort of wiped out.

Guess I made myself an enemy, then.
    And it had to be the Cossacks.. They went completely a-wall from the start and have probably taken half the map by now.
  12. Cossacks took my town! Is there an easy way to declare war?

So that's the only way, then?

Being a duche 'til they hate me?

Pity, I have over 80 relation with 'em.
  13. Cossacks took my town! Is there an easy way to declare war?

My main quest tells me to conquer Kiev, but the Cossacks got there before me, the bastards. The quest says Kiev is a vital town, and must be taken no matter who has it now. Fair enough. The think is, me and the cossacks are buddies, so I can't just walk over there and blow up the town and...
  14. What does the Trade Permit do?

I really can't see any difference in my trading in any way after I bought the Trade Permit. The game talks about taxes, but there is no noticeable difference in the income of my caravans. It just seems like they fooled me out of 45.000 cash. That's not a lot, but still, you'd think the permit...
  15. How does party size work?

Ruben Thomas said:
    Base: 10 = exactly what it says, it's the base size.
    Leadership: 20 = you get an increase of 5 for each point of the leadership skill you have.
    Charisma: 12 = you get an increase of 1 for each point of the charisma attribute you have.
    Renown: 2 = in Mount and Blade: Warband you got an increase of 1 for each 25 renown you have, I don't know if it's the exact same amount of renown required in Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword.
    Total: 128

Yes, that was pretty clear. But:

10+20+12+2 = 44.

I don't see the transition between 44 and 128.
  16. Tatar or Tartar?

I'm pretty sure that in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, there is a scene where they are raided by tartars.

I remember somebody yelling:

"The tartars are coming! The tartars are coming!"

But then again, that movie is in Chinese, so I just might be wrong.. :razz:
  17. How does party size work?

Probably not.

Is that just the easy/medium/hard selection at the beginning, or does it adjust with the percentage in the options screen?
  18. Tatar or Tartar?

I thought it was Tartar too, but I thought I might be wrong. Don't know the answer, though, sorry.
  19. How does party size work?

This i my party size breakdown:                                                  This is my friends breakdown: Base: 10                                                                                          Base: 10 Leadership: 20                                                               ...
  20. Cant join a faction or become a mercenary

Ah, that makes sense. I'm in the same position. Problem is, I can't proceed in the quest, as I have to make a better name for myself first or something. Guess I have to get more renown.

I have a question, but it's a mini-spoiler:
    Anyone know how much renown you need to be allowed to help a claimant?
Back
Top Bottom