Search results for query: *

• Users: macethump
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. macethump

Activation denied!

Well, I looked through threads relating to this, but found nothing useful.  I sent an email to TW support, but have not received an answer for a week.  I reloaded WB again, but still have the same message.  I am using my M&B serial key without success.  I got the manual activation code in the...
  2. macethump

Experience vs. Brilliance

"How was it even possible that transferring decisions from elites with more education, intellect, data, and power to ordinary people could lead consistently to demonstrably better results? One implication is that no one is smart enough to carry out social engineering, whether in the economy or...
  3. macethump

Happiness Is ... Being Old, Male and Republican

The headline says it all... that that, you young whippersnappers!  :P Happiness Is ... Being Old, Male and Republican Robert Roy Britt Editorial Director livescience.com – 1 hr 18 mins ago Americans grow happier as they age, surveys find. And a new Pew Research Center survey shows the tendency...
  4. macethump

Chuck Norris Commentary

The Mighty Chuck Norris has spoken! http://www.onenewsnow.com/Perspectives/Default.aspx?id=476756
  5. macethump

Vampire girl comes home

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Perspectives/Default.aspx?id=399994 "Anne Rice is back, for Good"
  6. macethump

Not Amused

Maybe I'm just an old fuddy-duddy (OK, no maybe about it), but I did not find the "Pavlov Sexposed" drama amusing.  Neither would employers or school administrators if such a situation would occur for real.  Much of the "real world" takes a dim view of sexual harassment.  If I didn't know...
  7. macethump

Religious people more healthy?

Why do I do it?  Why do I keep getting involved with religious threads on this forum?  Irrationality, or maybe a mental health issue?  Well... be that as is may, some research on how religious activity affects health, mental, social and physical.  Some of these are associated with religious...
  8. macethump

The Challenge

OK, here’s the challenge.  For the next two weeks, actually READ the Bible (preferably New Testament, especially John and Romans if time limited) and PRAY that God will reveal Himself to you.  Pray, as in with an open mind and plenty of listening and not just talking.  The praying part is more...
  9. macethump

What minstrels?

Well, where are they?  I expected them to be hanging out at taverns, ready to make a denar composing paens to the honor and glory of yours truly, resulting in increased morale for my troops and improved relations to whatever town I happen to be in.  Maybe the developers need some more writers to...
  10. macethump

I Palindrome I

Not only a kick-ass song by They Might Be Giants, but a great way to amuse yourself and others.  Spelled backwards or forwards means the same thing. Examples include: bob radar racecar star comedy by democrats And my personal favorite: Go hang a salami, I'm a lasagna hog. Your favorites?
  11. macethump

The Nature of Truth

Let's cut right into the meat, shall we? (Sorry, vegetarians). What is the nature of truth?  Are there universal truths?  Can we discover them?  Is truth for one truth for all?  Is truth only what our perception makes it?  Is it dependent on conditions?  Assumptions? Several "laws" of...
  12. macethump

Personalized Stem Cells

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071120/ap_on_sc/stem_cells At last, another way to accomplish this noble goal.  It MAY be that our youngest people (see that other thread) can now do their cell divisions in private without fear of "harvesting."  Not all the bugs worked out yet, but there is reason...
  13. macethump

Game-related injuries

Maybe I'm just getting old, but this game is causing me problems.  To wit: My left thumb is sore much of the time (WASD gives it nothing to do), especially if I'm trying to grip with the side of it. The tip of my right elbow is very sensitive (where I rest it on the table) - must get a pad for...
Back
Top Bottom