Search results for query: *

1. SP - General Improve 2 handed weapons

I think perhaps weapon tiers + weapon skill should influence your chance to successfully block an attack. So a 1 handed tier 1 weapon wielded by a starving homeless guy should have next to no chance of blocking the strike from a 2 meter tall muscle bound berserker wielding a dane axe.

However a nimble highly skilled fighter with the same tier 1 weapon should have a decent shot at it... and the same fighter wielding a tier 5 one handed weapon should always successfully block the attack
  2. Spouse shouldnt die in childbirth if killable companions is disabled

Hmm with all due respect I don't think either you really addressed the topic... I think OP is right that a spouse (who is a companion) shouldn't be able to die if companion deaths are not enabled.. It's weird to have one mechanic that override a rule like that.
  3. Improving Spears (so they can be fun)

Do you mean a system similar to deep down?

Yes :smile: pretty much exactly this
  4. 'About infantry vs Cav.' - toughts about recent dev input - UPDATED with poll

In my opinion it's not so much about having stronger infantry vs having stronger cavalry.. Its about units actually being able to take advantage of the situation... What I mean is that a cavalry charge into a disorganised mess up low to medium tier infantry should absolutely crush the infantry... It's kinda silly that in the VanHoven links we have scattered peasant mobs randomly killing armored knights.

On the other hand I also want having a prepared infantry formation with a good frontline to actually make a huge different... So you you do have a bunch of pikemen setup facing a cavalry charge, the cavalry should be a major disadvantage...

Right now.. it doesn't matter.. It all turns into a big mess anyway, there is no tactics, no infantry locking together to better resists a charge... no horses actually having enough pass to crush through ill prepared men.. It all just seems just very surface level coating
  5. should there be a cultural variety of armor and weapons in the game?

I would actually love a chinese inspired faction. Even better though a Korean inspired faction.. I just watched Kingdom, the netflix series, and Koreans had some seriously cool looking armor and weaponry
  6. Armor/weapon looks potato in the field.

I could be because battles take place outside and therefore only have 1 lightsource, where as the character screen is probably set up with the optimal amount of lighting to make your character look as cool as possible.
  7. How does the fief allotment system works??

Think you hit a hard cap of fiefs eventually. In a previous playthrough I had a very similar experience to you.. Joined a faction, led a sucessful war, gained a ton of fiefs... Then suddenly nothing... No matter what I did my name wouldn't come up for vote... I guess it kinda makes sense if you see it from a ruler's perspective... don't want any of their subjects to get funny ideas..
  8. A piece of armor costing 600k...

It's not a challenge and that's the issue. In fact, the very reason it's not hard is caused by the fact that your phat l3wtz cost 500K. You sell your ever-respawning slightly less-phat-l3wtz for 20K apiece until you have enough for your real phat l3wtz.

What 'growing power' do you get from having 2 extra armor on your body and 1 more on your arms? You're cool with a fundamentally broken economy caused by phat l3wt dropz as long as you get your 'RPG' playstyle. This isn't Skyrim.
    I agree that making money is currently too easy, but so far I've gotten rich in 3 playthroughs without doing anything related what you claim is breaking the economy... I just had a good amount of fiefs. Progression

Could you please explain to me why my "phat l3wt" being expensive destroys the economy in such a way that it can't easily be balanced?

Armor progression isn't where it needs to be, high end armor is far too weak compared to mid-tier armor right now. On top of that, armor value itself is also stupidly ineffective sadly, but those things will hopefully be fixed.

And no, this isn't skyrim, it's a different game with RPG mechanics, what's your point? Do you have any reason for being so thoroughly nasty and hostile?
  9. Kingdoms dragging in hostile lords to fill depleting clan rosters... A really terrible gameplay mechanic

Gotcha and have fun playing as Ted Bundy :twisted:
    I'm just gonna have to untill other viable options are available :razz:
  10. A piece of armor costing 600k...

How is it hard? You play the game and amass millions. It breaks the economy. If your idea of fun is phat l3wtz then enjoy your single playthrough.
    Because amassing a high amount of money is supposed to be a challenge? I'm surprised that's not obvious to you. My idea of fun is working towards a goal and growing in power... That's what is fun about a lot of games. And since this game is part strategy game party RPG, the RPG side means that gear progression is a huge part of the growing power I was talking about earlier.

Not sure what having 1 or more playthroughs has to do with anything.
  11. Kingdoms dragging in hostile lords to fill depleting clan rosters... A really terrible gameplay mechanic

Because the game is incomplete and there are no checks and balances and escaping lords regenerate new armies far too fast so you feel like it's the "optimal" way to play. But again that's not the way that everyone wants to play.
    I'm sorry I should have been clearer. I don't disagree with that's not how everyone wants to play.. it's not how I want to play.. I disagree with the idea that it has no consequences
  12. A piece of armor costing 600k...

The idea of hunting for phat l3wtz MMORPG-style is so dumb. The prices on items need to correspond to troop prices in a somewhat reasonable sense or else the economy will be forever broken. Buying top tier items is not a money sink.
    Why is it "so dumb"? You can spell it in any mocking way you like, but gear progression is important for a lot of people, so you need to have high end gear be hard to obtain.
  13. Kingdoms dragging in hostile lords to fill depleting clan rosters... A really terrible gameplay mechanic

There are many ways to play a sandbox. Not everyone wants to murder people in cold blood. Killing someone on a battlefield is a bit different than killing defenseless captives. The big issue I have is that you can do it to npcs but they can't do it to you. If the game was set up with 1 auto save per character (so no save scumming) and the pc could be killed too then I'd be all for people being murderous psychos. There are hardly any repercussions from playing this way.
    I disagree... Basically everyone and their little brother will hate you... Which is fitting. The problem is that if you don't excute the lords you defeat, you may aswell not fight them at all... You can let them go, and they'll be back with the same army in 10 mins, or you can take them as prisoner and have them escape within a few days.
  14. Mercenaries will no longer join if "cruel" etc????

It's almost like there's gameplay consequences for being an evil murdering bastard who chops off the heads of surrendering prisoners. Who would have thought?
    But you need to execute people to make victories mean anything at all it seems.
  15. A piece of armor costing 600k...

I'm in the "it's fine camp"... I want hard to get end-game armor.. I'm sitting on 3 mil right now... and I havent really been intentionally power gaming at all
  16. character models and animations critiques

I assume the base standing animation is made mainly for the battlefield which is why (as someone else pointed out) they have their feet as wide spread as they have. So assuming we're talking about entirely replacing the standing animation I think having a casual "I'm just standing here" animation on soldiers about to enter combat would look really strange.
  17. Kingdoms dragging in hostile lords to fill depleting clan rosters... A really terrible gameplay mechanic

Yea.. I just got done advising someone to execute enemy lords to whittle down an enemy kingdom when I realised the same thing is happening to me (kinda).

I'm having my own kingdom and currently at war with battania.. In the process of taking over their entire area untill recently I thought I was actually successful in executing every last of their lords since fewer of them were around and I wasn't experiencing sa many attacks on my settlements.

Now I've noticed an increase again, and I've come to realise that they have been recruiting lords from the other side of the world and the reason I was seeing a decrease is because the lords had not yet reached my part of the world...

It really does feel kinda strange that most of battanian lords are not battanian at all
  18. What's your go-to loadout for your player?

Usually
    2 hander
    Bow
    arrows
    arrows

This game shoud be called mount and bow tbh :razz: I feel like most people in warband primarily used bow aswell.
  19. Damage in this game is Ridiculous

There should be requirements to wield better melee weapons as well. There are requirements with horses and ranged weapons. Why can I wield a giant two hand sword at level 1 if I can’t pull back a longbow?
    I mean it kinda makes sense... a higher tiered melee weapon isn't always harder to wield than lower tier, infact I'd argue it's sometimes the other way around... Where as war bows do require a lot of training and skill... THat's just from a "realism" standpoint of course... I do agree that it's kinda strange that the systems aren't consistent
  20. Is independent kingdom ACTUALLY viable?

I'm doing alright.. Not great, but alright... The way I've found to be most effective is executing the enemy lords and slowly whittling their numbers down.
Back
Top Bottom