Search results for query: *

1. InstantBlade

Armor tiers,Damage scaling,Thrown weapons,ammo capacity and low tier crossbows

I fully disagree, since this is not my experience at all, and believe you me when I say that I am very glad to go from 55 to 62 body armor. The difference in game is bloody obvious.

Not only that, but Pendor is so well balanced when compared to other mods (IMO), that I have been balancing AWOIAF items and units to make them comparable to POP. I’ve been doing it carefully for a week and will do so until I am happy (for my own personal use. I’m not associated with the mod).

I don’t think that, in general and in many specifics, Pendor requires no such balancing.
  2. InstantBlade

TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

@In Vain

Weird as hell.

So I went back to a previous, albeit recent, save of mine and the levels were ok in that one. I then re-loaded my current save, and whatever levels I received weren't there anymore.

So, for a while I was getting the clashing sound of leveling up (now that I think about it, it seemed a bit too frequent for lvls 21-23), getting the level number changed and nothing else happening. Upon reloading and testing (giving myself XP and then leveling up through combat) showed nothing wrong.

Either way, I just decided to put aside that save, and use the previous one (before getting my last two levels).
    I have no idea what this was all about. All is fine now.  :neutral:
  3. InstantBlade

Hi, all.

Playing as a Beorning and after reaching lvl 20 or 21 I kept on getting levels but no attributes/points whatsoever.

Corrupt save? I’m using the latest nightly build with Warband.

Until the game crashes I’ll just soldier on even without extra levels.

Cheers and it has been great revisiting this outstanding mod.
  4. InstantBlade

Your glorious moments in POP

That when fighting on foot with an army composed of just infantry and archers.
    Nowadays I rarely have any horsemen with me.

It’s a real fun way to play the game and amazing when you are surrounded by a mess of men and horses dying.
  5. InstantBlade

[DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

I would buy a very light and very large rune shield that would somehow mitigate the need for the heaviest armor possible (the main need for said armor coming from enemy horsemen trampling you again and again. When taking 0 or 1 damage instead of 10 or 20 because of that armor, per trample, you stop considering using lighter armors - speed penalty or not).

If I had to spend 3 or 4 qualis gem for a great rune shield and spear, I would. Perhaps then I could play the light footed fighter I want to play, managing that horse trampling with the spear's stopping power and covering my frontal defense with quick shieldwork.

Right now, spear fighting is very viable - albeit very poor against top tier enemies, who require quite a few pokes (infantry combat, not horse combat - perhaps make said rune spears not usable while riding a horse). But the sheer excitement of having to be precise and dexterous certainly beats the usual swing wildly of 2H or the quick swing and poke + uber protection of 1H combat.

Cheers.

Ps: sorry for typos. My autocorrect doesn't go away.
  6. InstantBlade

[DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

We need a rune spear.

Spear fighting is probably the only real challange left in this game.
    Adding a little bit to the damage or speed would really help.
  7. InstantBlade

SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Experimented with this mod.

Interesting ideas, but the amount of lag (which I don't see in other mods i.e. Pendor) and the absurd amount of trees and bushes (sometimes making it impossible to even see the enemy, the battlefield or yourself - a problem the AI does not have, as it does not require 'eyes'), make it just about unplayable for me.
  8. InstantBlade

Heh, fair enough.

I thought you could do that as well in M&B. But my memory is betraying me, I guess.
  9. InstantBlade

Or, a different question.. are you guys using the Warband version? And if so, why? Is it just because of the better graphics?

Thnx.
  10. InstantBlade

Hi all.

Long time since I last played TLD.
    Can you guys tell me if I will lose any game mechanics or quests if I play the M&B version instead of the Warband version?

Is one more stable than the other?

Thanks in advance.
  11. InstantBlade

Using cheat engine to turn weapons into masterwork.

Hi, everyone.

Can anyone recall if there are masterwork war spears?
    I've recently created a new character that will mostly use spear and shield (for the added challenge) and the war spear seems, atm, to be the best candidate.

If there aren't any better war spears I might use the cheat menu mentioned here... or use qualis gems on my character, only...

Thanks
  12. InstantBlade

3.8 Balance Suggestion

There are too many horses in Pendor.

Every faction and minor faction has horses and horsemen everywhere. It's simply too much and detracts from the fun of the game and the strategy aspects of the game (IMO). I find myself fielding mostly cavalry because even with the slight extra cost, it is the best type of unit to have on the field, hands down.
    This, in my opinion, makes us rush to ever more powerful units and mostly horsemen lines, in order to be able to both resist the cavalry charges of the enemy and quickly reach their archer lines (i.e. Noldor).

It isn't necessary, and it also makes a pretty nasty dificulty (PoP in general) become much easier when you have a good small-medium team of horse companions and knights.
    If you want to have a balanced army, you can, sure. But then you ~will~ experiment that PoP difficulty head on, experience a lot of casualties, and simply not be as effective as with a horse-focused army.

Heck. Bandits have horses, low-life bandits as well. And that wouldn't be too bad, but some of them, despite having bad mounts and low armor, hit hard enough to be a problem.
    So if you go with a - mostly - infantry and archer army, you will spend 95% of your fights dealing with cavalry charges. Again, and again, and again.
    It's funny the first, say, 100 times, but then it gets old.

Cheers.

PS: This mod has been one of my favorite mods since M&B (original), a long long time ago. But only now I've noticed that everyone in Pendor rides.
    PPS: A LOT, and I do mean a lotty lot of the Fierdsvain troops now ride horses. What the heck?...
    PPPS: What the guy ^ above ^ said. +1 (EDIT: To make things clear. I'm not being omfgromplstompped by the enemy, quite the contrary, but I am 'forced' to use old style M&B tactics. Remember when you could just get only horsemen with Swadia and crush all opposition? Yeah, those lame days).
  13. InstantBlade

Resend serial key request thread

Thank you very much :smile:

EDIT: All done. You guys are great. Feel free to delete both my posts.
  14. InstantBlade

Resend serial key request thread

Hello all.

Following your link on serial key retrieval, I sent an email to [email protected] asking for them to recognize me as a proper user of this game.

I have recently deleted my gmail account and set up a new one on ymail. I totally forgot that I had my serial key saved in that account and now I can't access the game from my new computer - although I still can from my laptop, since the game recognizes me as a proper user (I've had my laptop for quite some time + have been playing M&B for quite a few years now).

Can you guys send me my serial, or should I just wait for a reply?

Thanks
  15. InstantBlade

Oh man, oh man, oh man, oh man.... :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

The best mod for M&B is ready. Play on!
  16. InstantBlade

The Last Days v2.4 (for .808) ---Next Release Date Unknown!

Wellenbrecher said:
    Winterz said:
    You are kidding right? Is this all you have?  :neutral:
    facepalmf.gif

ditto.
  17. InstantBlade

Warband Or The Original?

Terra the almighty said:
    Adorno said:
    johneb said:
    The original...warband blows.
    Hey Johneb, still staying old school I see  :lol:

I still play the original as well, mainly because I don't like the fighting style of warband :grin:

Yes, it totally sucks - and in the end was one of the main reasons for not buying Warband (yes, I did try a lot - and it is rubish)
  18. InstantBlade

Lords, Companions killable?

Oh yes, yes.
    That game was (well, still is - albeit outdated) simple yet brilliant.

EDIT: Where the lord had died, you could visit the burial site and pay omage or even swear vengeance against the enemy (for instance, vengeance against Moria and it's legions or against Isengard).
    As I said - brilliant. It was everything M&B never managed to be, and most mods only wished.
  19. InstantBlade

Lords, Companions killable?

They can. In TLD (the best mod ever created - certainly for that old version of M&B, and IMO - the best ever) your companions could be captured/killed.
Back
Top Bottom