Search results for query: *

1. cjkfire

Useful tips to players

knoddy said:
    kk cheers another question now ive been offered the trade thing can i get it from any city or does it have to be the place that offered it to me?
    Any mayor in any city
  2. cjkfire

Do you use cheats??

I use Fast Travel to get annoying bands of enemies that like to run away faster than my inexperienced army can catch them!
    I use + money cheat only in fire and sword for armor and not in this game (warband), raiding villages pays well enough (hate caravans in fire and sword)!

I've been using cheats in my 120+ hours of gaming to make the game more enjoyable. I refrain from ever mass-killing an enemy army by using the damage cheat, experience cheat, (battles become to easy) and I refrain from using ctrl H, as it makes the avatar immortal basically which devoid the game of any fun or challenge.

The cheats I do use (which is only fast travel in warband) makes renown grinding much faster and the (in my view) boring renown grinding phase quick. Edit: I tend to not use this cheat for enemies now, and only use it to quickly get to tournaments as by travel, I tend to miss before arrival.
  3. cjkfire

Useful tips to players

knoddy said:
    question about caravans and the trade patent thing.

i did a run from warsaw to konni, got the quest thing for the patent. if i was to buy it then go trade velvet from kalanchak to vyborg wud the patent still count or do u need one for specific routes?
    still counts
  4. cjkfire

Becoming Tsar?

Shootandrun said:
    I finally found the last army. After I crushed them, I went to a noble and he told me "We have X armies and they have none". Still nothing to talk about with Stepan or my nobles. Apparently, we are still at war.
    Wait until the end of the day or week; that is when things update. For example: sieges, if an army sieges a town then leaves, it will remain seiged for the day. This game doesn't seem to update immediately.
  5. cjkfire

F&S Bugs Thus far

Fogshie said:
    cjkfire said:
    Bug? I rebelled against the Crimean Khanate and won, however am still labeled a rebel. I received a message stating that the rebellion was successful and that the Crimean Khante lost. The next message states that the Crimean Khanate faction has been destroyed. I am still a Crimean Khanate (rebel) and there is no more Crimean Khante. My thought is that my avatar would have named himself leader of the faction now that he is no longer a rebel due to overthrowing the leader.

I think it's that you are the rebels who are Crimean Khanate against the non-rebel Crimean Khanate, It stays like that for me in the Polish revolution.

Interesting. When I did the Swedish claimant storyline becoming the Swedish rebels and won against the swedes, we stopped being rebels and became Sweden (also claiming their wars against other factions we didn't have as rebels). It would seem the game developers would only let a character with a "claim" to a throne be able to no longer be a rebel.
  6. cjkfire

F&S Bugs Thus far

Bug? I rebelled against the Crimean Khanate and won, however am still labeled a rebel. I received a message stating that the rebellion was successful and that the Crimean Khante lost. The next message states that the Crimean Khanate faction has been destroyed. I am still a Crimean Khanate (rebel) and there is no more Crimean Khante. My thought is that my avatar would have named himself leader of the faction now that he is no longer a rebel due to overthrowing the leader.
  7. cjkfire

Tsar Alexei is my Prisoner. Now what?

iicecube said:
    Hadji Murat said:
    you can imprison captured lords in the same way that you would in warband - you have to own the town and go to station garrison, then move the captured lord to the city.

In reply to Finch, I had that situation once in warband where I'd captured a lot of the sarranite lords and then eliminated the faction. What I did was put them all in the same prison and then removed all of my troops so that another faction would attack it. When they took over the town the lords were freed and I could try to recruit them again!

Maybe that will work?

As the point is that is for warband, as we are talking about fire and sword series where we cant even move the capture lord around. It just staying with me earning exp point and also cant recuit them as well.

As stated by Hadji Murat, "[it works] in the same way [as it did] in warband", meaning that it works in fire and sword as well. Go to a city/castle that you own and go to "Station Garrison" click the prisoner (lord) and click "transfer." The lord is now in the city/castle's prison. Building a prison decreases the likelihood of escape, but is not required.
  8. cjkfire

F&S Bugs Thus far

Yozzer said:
    I have just read through a lot of the 23 previous pages of reported bugs and in some cases the resposes from those who have I assume beta tested this and others trying to help. I intended posting bugs I have found, but as I suspected they have in the main already been posted, so little point in repeating them.
    I saw no input at all from Taleworlds, (or Sich for that matter), so would it not be a bad idea for someone from Taleworlds correlate the bugs in the first post to avoid repetitive bug reporting, (I assume they read this), and perhaps write a comment alongside as to progress? A bit like some of the Mod writers do  :smile: otherwise this bug reporting thread will just loop and die.
    As with Warband, until the main bugs are fixed, the source is unlikely to turn up for the modders to kick in and maybe help.

Your suggestion is a good one; there are some other threads of poster's attempts to correlate bugs into one post, however its rather messy and probably should be done on this thread.

I love the suggestion of a Taleworld's (or Sich) representative posting comments relating to a bug's progress, however, I'm skeptical of its feasibility. If it is possible, that would be wonderful customer service! But, It requires additional reporting time on behalf of Taleworlds and their current model seems effective for their small team.

Note: There is a post from a taleworld's representative noting how to properly report a bug.
  9. cjkfire

F&S Bugs Thus far

Brocas said:
    I dont know if its already report, but untill now i find 4 errors ( i have v 1.139)

1- We cant deposit only part of the money.
    2-In the siege assault the soldiers stay blocked in the ladder.
    3-Somme units, (i dont know if its happens in all batles, or only when we try to conquer a city) stay passive, i mean they dont react, attack as others.
    4-When we try to infiltrated in an enemy town and we are discovery, so we need to kill the guards and when we kill them all we cant do nothingh. I mean we have win but the game never finish this, so or only options is retreat and consequently go to prison instead of disguise in the city.

1) There should be options to subtract thousands starting with the option of (-2000) from the deposit menu.
    2) This is a known issue and is believed to be most prevalent on 2 ladder sieges; however, I've noticed it on 3 ladder sieges as well.
    3) I've noticed this of enemy units (Poor AI) in sieges. I was able to conquer the last city of the Crimean Khante by myself and 10 units that I had hold their position against the enemy's wall so that they would never be attacked and I went solo against waves of enemy units totaling about 1000. It seemed that by default the enemy AI (which was on normal) clumped up by the ladders and as I jumped over them and subsequently fell off the wall into the town, I was ignored by all the gunmen. As I approach the clump of enemies and attack, 3-4 break off and attack me. This occured over and over again until all were dead. As reinforcements came in, they ignored me and went to the clump (they did turn in my direction but walked to the club), none of the gunmen shot at me. Also when I attacked the gunmen, they never switched to a sword, they simply defended with their rifles and never attempted to attack or shoot.
    4)I don't quite understand this, if you "have win" the scenario should finish. In my experience, disguising oneself to enter an enemy's city/castle, and becoming discovered will result in a small battle of one's self against 4-7 guards with 3-4 starting right next to the player's avatar. After killing the first starting units, the "win" doesn't happen yet, and I have to wait about 1-2 minutes until the other stragglers catch up (often marksmen that were stuck behind buildings) to kill them to "win" the scenario. I don't know if waiting an extra 2 mins would solve your issue as I may have misunderstood it.
  10. cjkfire

F&S Bugs Thus far

As another brought up, when getting dismounted while wielding a hussar lance (either voluntary or involuntary dismount) it will turn into a sabre and will become a hussar lance again in the next battle (wont change on inv screen). It is quite annoying!
  11. cjkfire

F&S Bugs Thus far

Patrick1110 said:
    Ceriy said:
    cjkfire said:
    Ceriy said:
    Loosing money with caravans is designed that way, sometimes you make money sometimes you loose. Just like RL.

I would encourage you to re-read the post. Profit = Net income, meaning you have received more money than it costs, however, in this case I am not receiving profit despite the game saying so. In my example the result would have been a loss of 4300 not a profit of 900. In RL I would have had 5300 in my bank not 900.
    Do you have a trade patent? If you don't you will loose money, sometimes more, sometimes less. It's because your not one of "them" that you get screwed. Get a patent and you will be making money.

I don't think you fully understand what he is saying.

I've never sent a caravan, but I know it costs a fair amount of money to do so, so I'm just going to make up some numbers to show you what he means.

I send a caravan, costing me 10,000 thaler (this is before I buy any good to put in it). I'm currently down 10,000 thaler
    I then buy 5,000 thaler worth of good to put in it. I'm now down 15,000 thaler.
    The caravan returns, I have sold the goods I bought for 10,000 thaler, I have earned double the money I spent on the good and the game tells me I've earned 5,000 thaler; the difference between the profit off the goods (10,000 thaler) and the cost of the goods (5,000 thaler).

However I am still down 5,000 thaler rather than profiting 5,000 thaler because of what it cost me to send the caravan in the first place.

I have no clue whether the in-game numbers are anything like this, but the principle remains the same regardless

Thank you, others didn't seem to quite understand what was actually occurring vs. stated to be occurring in the trade.

Note: After I got the trade patent, the profit bug still exists. It will say I profited a certain amount...which is actually just sales revenue. It should be total sales revenue (-) caravan costs which = profit. The game seems to think sales=profit without any regard to costs.

Also note: when I bought a caravan for a stated price of 8437, it charged me 8700. Rarely was the stated price the actual price I was charged.
  12. cjkfire

F&S Bugs Thus far

jerry_123 said:
    Before the new patch (1.139) the game was horrible and bugged but after it was amazing and the troops upgrade bugs was solved among other things. but new bugs arrived:
    1-sometimes after I get injured in a fight my horse changes from Saddle horse with the speed of 40 to Lame Saddle horse with the speed of 30  :evil: are you kidding me I bought that horse with 2500 thalers and broke my back collecting that money
    3-I can't get promoted from a mercenary to a noble like warband although I have a relationship with the polish king with 25 points and 3 more nobles just as much
    please respond

1) From my understanding, when a horse repeatedly gets injured ("killed"), it will eventually downgrade.

3)You must also have the required renown. For example, with the Crimean Khanate I went from a mercenary to a noble when I hit 100+ renown. My relation with the faction leader was +2 at the time.
  13. cjkfire

F&S Bugs Thus far

Tolen said:
    Hello new here, just to report a bug , in combat when you open the small chest, which has your inventory, you restore your bullets but also your gun reloads! So you shoot, open the chest and your gun is reloaded in 1 sec. :twisted: Machinegun!!

-Tested and confirmed! Fun little exploit of a bug I can now perform with my dutch double-barrel pistol!  :twisted:
  14. cjkfire

How much renown is needed to join a faction and how?

Trithemius said:
    Can you ever get your own banner? I was looking forward to picking one when I got my first village!
    When I became a lord I got to pick my own banner.
  15. cjkfire

F&S Bugs Thus far

Bug: When a hostile force holds Kafa and you go to talk to the slave trader, you cannot leave the dialog screen; a logic loop occurs causing an inability to continue playing without a forced restart of the game. The slave trader's dialog options for the user becomes: "I want to speak to the lord of the fortress", "I want to speak to someone in the fortress", or "Leave". However, 'leave' doesn't work and causes the user to be stuck in a logic loop.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/CraigKelleher/screenshot/577796269330572036?tab=public

Also, if you ask for a meeting with a lord at Kafa, the slave trader agrees, you wait, and then it goes back to the original dialog box with the logic loop.
  16. cjkfire

F&S Bugs Thus far

The Blessed Gerard said:
    I faced a strange bug. everything was transparent on the map showing only the sky. or at least the texture of the sky.
    I had to leave and enter the game again for the texture back.

I have a similar computer build to yours (just slightly newer parts) and had the same problem. This usually happened to me after coming back from Alt+tabbing. I resolved my texture issue with enabling vsync and forcing single-threading (not sure if just one of them fixed it as I did both at the same time) Hope this helps as I had the same frustrating issue.
  17. cjkfire

Useful tips to players

Also, to get to 45k+ isnt to bad. I started with 20k in the following example and ended up with enough for the permit and future trades:

I took my 20k and went to a southern city that sold oil for 40-150 (i bought them for 150+) and sent a trade caravan (without a permit) to tula for 7500 (40goods) i then bought another 20+ oil from the marketplace and went to tula. I got 18760 for the oil, then it gave me the quest for the trade permit, and i got another 19440 for the trade in (it tends to double the first trade you get whenyou get the quest... a bug i wrote about previously) this left me at 46k. I then sold the rest of the oil in my bags and got to 56k. So, without a trade permit I did a very reasonable 10k trade to net me ~33k.

Note: The second trade wont give you "double money" so make your first trade either velvet, Oil, or Spice

edit:I just went to poltova and noticed velvet was around 112 (I still have 0 trade skill) and that should prove much more profitable than my previous recommendation and would still get you from even 13k to above 45k. Just remember to not only do a 40 goods caravan, but also fill your inventory with velvet.
  18. cjkfire

Useful tips to players

Schmon said:
    Neither do I.  How come Velvet isn't an option?
    samipso said:
    Daergarz said:
    Rode around with a pack of velvet and checked what the various markets offered and in the end I found an odd route; Kursk to Ryazan (very close together). Kursk buys velvet for 100ish, Ryazan (and other nearby cities) buy for 1600-1800. With a trade permit, the end result is 100k+ profit for a few seconds (hours) riding and mouse clicking.

Considering the relative difficulty it was to obtain the inital 50k for a permit and a caravan, it feels like cheating.

I don't get the velvet option for a caravan tho.
    Also interesting to note, Ryazan buys linen and furs for alot. Don't have to go south to sell those.

The "options" change on a daily basis depending on what the marketplace has in inventory. if they have just one velvet in their marketplace, you can send 40. If they have 0, you have to wait till another day until they have it.

-Check marketplace to see what goods they have before talking to a mayor to save time.
  19. cjkfire

F&S Bugs Thus far

james_manring said:
    vaardal said:
    james_manring said:
    The game freezes my system when loading or exiting a battle scenario dialog either before or after a battle.  (e.g. Charge the Enemy, selecting prisoners after, or continuing into a fight with man in pub)  It does not happen every time, but happens often enough that I cannot play for more than 10 minutes without it happening.  It occurs in both DX7 and DX9 mode, with and without loading textures on demand, with and without forced single threading.  However, in DX9 mode loading my saved game freezes 90% of the time.  My computer well exceeds the minimum requirements with:
    AMD 1100T CPU
    ATI 6970 2GB GPU
    16GB DDR3 2000mhz RAM
    Ubuntu Linux 11.04 w/WINE 1.3.8 or WinXP 32bit

Mount and Blade: Warband works quite well on my system.  Both titles were purchased from Direct2Drive.
    try to defrag you pc or turn of many hidden running programs (go to run tybe msconfig and press enter) those solved lots of my problems

No, sorry.  That isn't at all my problem.  With the Linux OS it uses a journaling file system.  With WinXP it is on a small partition that is not fragmented one bit.  It is a clean install with no extra programs running.  Other games including Warband run excellent on both.  Lindsay, in an above post, describes having the same problem.

as is stated in the first post, did you try forcing single-threading and a 59 frame rate, also enabling v-sync. Do that, restart, and post if your problem continues :smile:. I used to have the issue of crashing but now I have none. My crashes in MB have also stopped; I theorize that this game is not friendly to multicores.
  20. cjkfire

F&S Bugs Thus far

SunofVich said:
    Depositing money into the bank. Not sure if actual bug or not but it is a little misleading.

If I click -2000 it deposits all money that I have until I only have about 2000 left.  Same with the rest. -500 leaves me if just 500 thaler.

When doing the deposit, there will be an option to put a certain amount in. By default, it is the maximum of what is in your inventory (and it shows the stated number at the top of the screen). The options to - it will allow you to retain thaler in your inventory by that amount subtracted. In my opinion it should start at 0 and give you + and - options and have a button for "everything."
Back
Top Bottom