Search results for query: *

1. Augustine

What/where is the "Ataman"

Ataman is a title. A leader, basically.

Not sure who this specific quest refers to, but I'll assume it refers to the leader of the Sich (Bogdan Hmelnitsky?).
  2. Augustine

"buy spice here and sell it here for epic profits" but no spice is for sale

Yeah, you have to look for it - I found it in the south/south-east (in and around Crimean peninsula). Be sure to check EVERY castle market and village, as well as towns. Velvet is also often cheap there. While looking for it I suggest having some Tools with you - they can be sold in the area quite profitably. Salt is another cheap commodity in Crimea - can be bought as low as 20 taller, and sold for more than 10-15 times that much in the north.

It's always a good idea to be on a lookout for multiple commodities while you trade - this way you never waste money. Oh and have at least 30-40 strong force with you - Crimean Tartar Bandits are relentless and incredibly fast(but they fumble if you set up a wagon fort and halt them at the entrance to it with infantry). 

Good luck!
  3. Augustine

Hunt Down Fugitive Quest Bugged? (Fire and Sword)

Talk to elder first, and ask him about convict - he'll say something like "yeah w/e go look for him if you like"
    Circle around the village till you see a lone fella - he's your man.
  4. Augustine

What do you think of "With Fire and Sword"?

I like it. Love the period love the gun implementation, for the most part.

Wish that player was not so susceptible to gunfire though, perhaps making guns a less common sight would help some.
    All in all, it is not perfect, but I didn't expect it to be. 
  5. Augustine

Zero Trading Opportunities

I'm with the spice bandwagon. Huge profits by buying it off in Crimea and selling it off in the northwest regions. Insane profits, but require a bit of starting capital and a band to fend off Tartar raiders that plague Crimea(they tend to be fast).

Spices can usually be bought around 90-100 and sold for up to 1500.
  6. Augustine

fire and sword mod request post mods you would like to see

My initial impression - personally I'd like a mod that allows less guns for AI bandits and such.
    When I'm fighting a snotty group brigands I don't like to feel that I can die at any instant.
  7. Augustine

Musket Accuracy

Agreed.
    Game had just came out, give the player base to adopt to the new style of MP warfare.

Though guns in this game make life... cheap... er...
  8. Augustine

Useful tips to players

Ceriy said:
    Try to take a loan from the bank, ask lords for quest and hope you get collect taxes one.

Thank you, sir. I climbed out of the hole without any loans - tax collecting and spice trade saved me.
  9. Augustine

Useful tips to players

Got on a bad rebel ambush streak - lost almost everything, including a gun and a saber.
    Any way out of this mess?
  10. Augustine

Books to read while playing "With Fire and Sword"!

smurfin said:
    You could also watch the movies, but they might not be as good as books to some 
    The WFaS movie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgudzhzJs8o
    Or Taras Bulba the newer one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUckAuzgl_A

WFaS is a great flick! Fantastic cast, in my humble opinion.

1612 is another one in the line of movies on the period: "Mommy! Mommy! Look! Angels! *gets run over by the horde of angry Winged Hussars* "
  11. Augustine

fire and sword mod request post mods you would like to see

Lol, wait till we at least try the game
  12. Augustine

Looks like a mod

To each his own, I suppose.
    As potential customer you have the buying power. I shall exercise mine, and you - yours.

What's the purpose of this thread?
    You come to a community of people who like the game, and you express your disappointment. Obviously most people in the community disagree, yet you are deeply entrenched in your conviction, and are closed to criticism.  Which brings us to the original question: what is the purpose of this thread?
  13. Augustine

About a Manual

Well... The game had been released in Poland already, I suppose you could ask some Polish people in this community. But no official manual exists, to my knowledge. 
  14. Augustine

Your Character "Rp"

Slayton said:
    Augustine said:
    I'm a descendant of a Polish royal family, so I'm going to play from the standpoint of my ancestor.

Out on the quest to unify Ukraine and Poland, and to preserve the Commonwealth from being torn to shreds by foreign aggressors. Oh, and to keep our rightful throne :roll:
    YOUR FREAKING AWSOME!!!!

Dear me!  :lol: I won't argue such a flattering statement. You are too kind, Mr. Slayton.
  15. Augustine

Can the game be activated on Steam?

captain lust said:
    I think he means the key you get on Steam when you hit "CD Key". Most people got 4x4 keys from that.

Only certain batches needed the 5x5 converter.

Indeed, that was what I meant. I just double checked - Steam gives me 4x4 code.
  16. Augustine

Caba`drin said:
    Augustine said:
    The code you get after puchasing M&T via Steam is the same you'd get anywhere else(never used the gate, but I assume same principle applies), in other words it's largely irrelevant where it came from. You can still d/l trial and plug in the code you've got to activate it.
    This is untrue. If you purchase Warband via Steam currently you receive a 5x5 key while all other outlets provide a 4x4 key. The version downloaded from Taleworlds' website can only take a 4x4 key, hence the 5x5 key converter found in the Tech Support section (Town Watch). Similarly, one cannot activate a non-Steam (4x4) Warband key on Steam and get access to Steam's achievements, etc. (You can of course add it as a non-Steam game to have access to chat, etc while playing.)

Whether the same is true for WFaS is yet to be seen.

I've purchased WB on Steam sale this week. And the code that steam provided me, I entered into the trial version that I got from the taleworlds page. It works. Don't know what else to add.
  17. Augustine

The code you get after puchasing M&T via Steam is the same you'd get anywhere else(never used the gate, but I assume same principle applies), in other words it's largely irrelevant where it came from. You can still d/l trial and plug in the code you've got to activate it.
  18. Augustine

Your Character "Rp"

I'm a descendant of a Polish royal family, so I'm going to play from the standpoint of my ancestor.

Out on the quest to unify Ukraine and Poland, and to preserve the Commonwealth from being torn to shreds by foreign aggressors. Oh, and to keep our rightful throne :roll: 
Back
Top Bottom