Search results for query: *

1. Wurm Online - A potential to be the open-world M&B MMO

Summary When I picked this game up again after a six year long gap between last session to now, the game has gotten actually better with time; time with development, and in growth. This return and reflection over this time drew a picture in my mind of a lot of players banded together to fight...
  2. Warband Revolutionary MMO (Not like other threads give it a chance)

Then you should try this game. It... might be similar to what you're thinking, but the fighting style is obviously lackluster compared to Mount & Blade, so you'll find it a little underwhelming.

http://www.wurmonline.com/
  3. Warband Revolutionary MMO (Not like other threads give it a chance)

It has come to my attention that certain RPG elements = fluffy crap. Like, the reason why Mount & Blade rocks is because the core content -- the fighting elements -- are their priority.. and very well developed. If anything, I think any expansions to the game elements would have to be branches off of this very thing--which would be to make the combat even cooler, in any way that's plausible. Each game fills a different need [shrug]. There's hardly really a "One game to rule them all."

KillerMongoose said:
    I'm as big of a supporter of a M&B mmo as any. These ideas need to go through to TW because it'd be the coolest thing ever. Although I'm not a big fan of some of the ideas presented such as perma death or being killed after logging off. It just seems like they want everyone to stay addicted to the game and never get off ever ever ever. It'd cause too much frustration and only lead to people getting PO'ed and rage quitting.

Yeah, perma death would be a pain. :\
  4. Warband Revolutionary MMO (Not like other threads give it a chance)

taragoth, may it come true one day!

I reread my post, and it brought me back to when I used to play Planetside... Mount & Blade + Planetside! We may dream :smile:
  5. Warband Revolutionary MMO (Not like other threads give it a chance)

I've always liked the idea of having everything -- traveling, combat, blah blah blah -- managed in an "in level" sort of style that's a ***** to describe.

Basically, what I mean is no "world map traveling." This idea is EXTREMELY idealist and out there, and pretty much impossible, so I've never mentioned it. Basically, to... you know, be ON the world instead of a little dude with a bunch of numbers under you traveling to little city and army icons.

I've always wanted to scout up to the next hill and see an army camping in the distance, and be like, "Oh ****, we could surround and pwn them right now, etc."
  6. Facial Animations

No, actually, I'd agree. It's becomes pretty sterile throughout the whole game. You've got these amazing suits of armor, character models, towns, etc., but... there's nothing... very "personable" feeling. Everyone just looks angry, or sad (typically), even after they're dead. lol
Back
Top Bottom