Search results for query: *

1. KidStein

SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Can't wait for 2.2! So excited
  2. KidStein

SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Birger Jarl said:
    You realize of course that I don't disagree with you, right? If you look at my post(s) on the subject you'll read that I also prefer riflemen to archers... Mostly because the AI uses the higher RoF on bows to piss away arrows at crapshots unless you manage firing orders.  :facepalm:

Edit: Also everyone agrees that bows start out worse than other ranged options (except maybe throwing) but if you stick with it, they will surpass both firearms and crossbows eventually.

I completely agree. For the AI firearms are ideal. But for the player I definitely prefer bows over firearms. The only time I would get a firearm is if I was a melee character and I just wanted something to do before charging in :razz:
  3. KidStein

Prophesy of Pendor Dev Update Board (UPDATED 12/08/15)

MitchyMatt said:
    Small update everyone! Enjoy!

6PlRXhI.gif

You're a bad person.  :ohdear:
  4. KidStein

Wyzilla said:
    kraggrim said:
    Dorfus, theres a thread for Mordhiem here, seems like you'd be better asking there.

Wyzilla, what do you mean? Do you mean the item loss after being defeated and captured?

No. Everything in my inventory just randomly vanishes at certain points in the game, typically each week.

I've had that same issue with a different mod. I just reinstalled the mod and it didn't happen again.
  5. KidStein

ArcadeKnight said:
    Check out my new series, currently 10 episodes in on our Bold Little Dwarf, Ragnisson Redforge.

Story driven lets plays.
    My channel focuses on Mount and Blade Warband and its many mods. 

Loving your Let's Play so far! I think the dwarves are fun to watch, especially when you're creating your own kingdom. (:
  6. KidStein

sher said:
    KidStein said:
    I definitely like the new version better. I've never understood why people STILL cry for realism in a fantasy mod/game. :razz:
    Maybe because even you (who does not value realism in a fantasy mod/game) like new more realistic version "definitely better". Weapons should be functional to not ruin immersion since weapons are just tools and tools have to be functional - it's pretty stupid and repulsive otherwise even if you don't feel exactly what is wrong.

I don't like it because it's "realistic" I like it because it looks awesome and it's a major improvement on the old model (:
  7. KidStein

I definitely like the new version better. I've never understood why people STILL cry for realism in a fantasy mod/game. :razz:
  8. KidStein

WOW. That update looks amazing! Loving the new Rune swords especially!

Edit: I think the first image for the Singalian armor is missing. It shows one of the chainmail armors for a second time
  9. KidStein

Zoidflanders said:
    Valknut said:
    Not sure if this is a bug with ACOK or it's a Native M&B issue.. Long after Lys has ceased to exist I still get notifications saying they are going to war with Tyrosh, and then making peace etc. Possibly a side effect of unlocking diplomacy in Essos, since the Stormlands have ceased to exist too but i'm getting no more notifications about them.

But diplomacy is not unlocked in 2.0 that's for 2.1 I thought.

And can anyone comment on how the Oldtown hall scene work with large numbers of npcs like in a feast? It seems rather small to me.

And does anyone understand the reasoning behind removing Oberyn's daughters? As far as I know, he's the only "king" with marriageable offspring. IMO more of the faction leaders should have children you can marry.

No idea why he's removing them. Kind of disappointed too, since I always marry one of his daughters to solidify an alliance with Dorne!

There's also "King" Balon Greyjoy's daughter you can marry though. Asha Greyjoy. She's also a vassal as well.
  10. KidStein

VlkaFenryka said:
    TonyBee said:
    Is the issue with the Stormlands rising again after being destroyed going to be addressed ? because it's freaking annoying and somewhat of a game breaking issue I have with the mod... I seriously hope Cozur addresses this issue..

i felt the same way after I steamrolled The Stormlands with The Mannis (all hail), primarily because I'm not a huge fan of Renly even being one of the kings. He played a nominally minor role in the War of the Five Kings, and I wanted him off the map as soon as possible. However, what was nice was that once The Stormlands had their little resurgence, it was like the post-Blackwater War of the Five Kings, with The Stormlands themselves no longer at war with KL, and Stannis barely clinging to life at Dragonstone with a quickly shrinking number of supporters. Since The Stormlands, after they come back, are solely at war with Dragonstone, it's almost like the Lannister Loyalists, those who came back into the fold of the Iron Throne, are simply ejecting Stannis from the mainland. What I'd like to see is the same thing that happens now, just replace Renly with maybe Philip Foote or some other Lannister lackey. Also, after the (first) destruction of The Stormlands, The Reach could make peace with The Iron Throne, leaving them solely at war with Dragonstone. I don't know if any of this is even within the realm of possibility as far as  modding goes, but it would create a sort of post-Blackwater scenario, triggered a little while after Dragonstone destroys The Stormlands. Does that make sense, or am I looking way to far into this?

But imagine that in the actual game. Dragonstone would be destroyed. Reach and Stormlands have no one to fight now. Westerlands and Iron Islands would be able to push the North... Well, back into the North. And then what? :razz: The war is basically over in Westeros.

You could manually bring the Targaryens into the war, but with they would be heavily outnumbered, even with Dorne's support. Combined forces of Reach, Westerlands, and Stormlands would steamroll.

What I did in one playthrough is I used the Cheat Menu to manually go through and make Westeros into a complete warzone, everyone fighting everyone with a few exceptions like Stormlands/Reach and North/Vale being allied. Then I did the same for Essos, making a complete warzone. It's totally non-canonical but it's a lot of fun.
  11. KidStein

Doom_Carrot said:
    ozza said:
    Will essos ever get there own troops for the different city's

You can recruit special troops like myrman crossbowman and Illyrian Javelinmen, but you can only have like 5-20 special troops in an ENTIRE game, so not really.

You can only RECRUIT that many. But a lot of the troops are present in random Lords' parties. Meaning you can get those troops by rescuing them as prisoners too. That's how I get most of my named knights.

I really hope the new version lets us recruit the unique troops more than once though.
  12. KidStein

Cozur said:
    And if Produno could keep out of this thread instead of popping in here every once in a while, that'd be swell.

Yeah... I don't think you can ban someone from your thread like that unless you're a mod for the site and have a good reason. :ohdear:
  13. KidStein

I prefer the armors in A Clash of Kings overall. The other mod has a few nice looking armors but... Most of it just doesn't have the right feel to me.
  14. KidStein

Doom_Carrot said:
    VlkaFenryka said:
    I don't know why but I always figured Lannisters would use crossbows more than bows. Like, The North, Iron Islands, and Dorne would use bows, while The Westerlands, Reach, Stormlands and Vale would use crossbows, and The Riverlands kind of a mix of the two.

Same, I always pictured the southern kingdoms/developed essos as using crossbows mostly.... Your point though?

Personally, I've never been a fan of making each faction have unique levy troops. I just use Morgh's to create my own troop tree's and give most factions the choice of having both bowmen and crossbowmen. The North gets mounted archers instead of crossbowmen. Iron Islands get axe throwers instead of crossbows. And Dorne gets javelinmen instead of crossbows, and also mounted archers. I do the same thing for the basic melee troops. Westerlands can have pikemen, swordsmen, halberdmen, or spearmen. North gets pikemen, swordsmen, axemen, or spearmen. Dorne gets swordsmen, spearmen, two handed swordsmen (The curved 2-handed), and a light cavalry unit. Reach gets macemen, spearmen, glaivemen, and swordsmen. etc etc. I feel this allows for more variety and a little more strategy. So it depends less on what faction you join and more on how you choose to build your army composition.

Like someone said before, I think the best way to make the factions unique is to use more unique troops that can only be recruited in certain locations.

Edit: Oh and I really hope in the future we can recruit those unique troops more than just once. I would prefer if it worked the same as recruiting sellswords in Essos.
  15. KidStein

Kalew said:
    When  Khizra khalaasar appears, it gets crushed in a week and all the vassals will go to other facitons. It's kind of weird to see Dothrakis fight for the North and the Vale...

Strange, in one of my games they completely destroyed Volantis. It was surprisingly quick. And in my current game they seem to be holding their own.
  16. KidStein

tnoPLUTO said:
    In my game KL got taken by Dragonstone and the Westerlands and the North made peace with each other. After a while I did a merchant's quest and had the Iron Islands and the North make peace with each ohter, too. Is there any way to have them go to war against each other again?
    Well, I know, some lords will give you a quest to raid a village or attack some caravans in order to provoke that other faction, but this was always useless to me. They never declared war. This leaves me with the North only fighting the Wildlings (did the questline obviously) and the Iron Islands being inactive.

I found this out too, only it was the Reach who took King's Landing and the popup said Renly sits on the Iron Throne so the Westerlands and the North declared a truce. Was hoping if the Westerlands took KL back that they would declare war again but... So far nothing. Kind of unfortunate since the Westerlands needs the handicap of being at war on two fronts, north and south.
  17. KidStein

Kalew said:
    The sellswords in Essos are rather tedious and OP.

Wars in Essos tend to be rather tedious. That's why so many Essosi cities hire Sellsword Companies or Unsullied. :razz:
  18. KidStein

Why remove Oberyn's daughters instead of just making them the Sand Snakes? Also why remove Lord Harroways Town? I liked having it to be able to protect the crownlands from the North and the Vale :razz:
  19. KidStein

Possible quest in the future:

Exploring/Looting Summerhall. Not sure who the quest giver would be, someone in King's Landing. Maybe Varys. Or even Aegon himself. First part of the quest could be either finding an old Targaryen relic in the rubble (Killing bandits to get to it) like a petrified dragon egg or maybe even another unique weapon or some more unique armor. Could even be another way to get a pot of Wildfire.

Then for the second part of the quest, and this may or may not even be possible, but actually restoring Summerhall! So that it's an actual Castle on the map instead of just ruins. Could come up with something awesome and completely unique for it in terms of appearance, since I don't think the books go into detail about it's actual appearance. I could be wrong though.

Not sure how great an idea this is, but I was just tired of seeing it on the map and being unable to do anything with it playing as my Blackfyre pretender. :razz:
  20. KidStein

Kjertesvein said:
    @kidstein

For me, omnipotence and omniscience are immersion breaking so I'd rather not play the mod at all than change game stats on the fly.

The biggest problem I have is that I've given the most quarralsome vassals 99% of all villages, castles and even towns ( Reach, Dragonstone, Lorath ). On the other hand, the most honorable vassals barley have a village to their name. Oh deer this is going fun.  :mrgreen: Easy peasy, lemon squeezy, right?

:facepalm: god have mercy, fml
    lol :iamamoron:

Talking to your Chancellor you can choose to give gifts to any lord. Giving Ale is the most reliable way to steadily recieve positive relations with a lord and does not depend on any other factor.
    http://i.imgur.com/Wlg8LoN.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/oYFse1Y.jpg

Thanks for the long post though. ^^ I learned a thing of two.

~Wille

No problem, glad I could help. I learned something too. And good luck with your faction! :razz:
Back
Top Bottom