Search results for query: *

1. Elan§Morin§Tedornai

SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

Is it possible to disable any of the plot progression scripts? Say you want a semi-sandbox with the political situation of the end of Book 6 or 8.
    I don't think that functionality is there. I guess it's something to consider when making a mod for Bannerlord... When the story mode for it comes out finally after another 10 years, maybe :grin:
  2. Elan§Morin§Tedornai

SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

mat2rivs said:
    Hello all,

I figured that I'd throw this link here in case anyone is interested:

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,377241.135.html

I went through an interview with Efe that mostly covers my work on TGS.  Also, there are tons of other awesome interviews on that thread.  I'd highly recommend giving it a read.

As the interview states.  I don't plan on restarting a bunch of work on TGS for Warband right now.  However, I am cautiously watching the Bannerlord release, and assuming it ever releases, I may check out its modding potential.

Thanks to everyone who supported the mod over the years!  May the Dragon once again ride on the winds of time!
    -mat

In case you do decide to make a mod for Bannerlord. I know for me, but possibly other people that have followed this thread as well, I'd be interested in giving that potential mod a try. :smile:
  3. Elan§Morin§Tedornai

earl of bronze said:
    Ok I have been playing this way more than I should and had a strange thing happen. I went into a battle with max party size of 101. I took on 320+ Dragonsworn Bandits because I wanted their prisoners to replace some recent losses. I won with 2 or 3 dead. Then my party was at 71 of 71. All of my renown went away. Is this a known bug or some sort of fluke? Thanks.

That's a definite bug, but I've never heard of it before. I stacked my renown till it it was more than what even the kings had.
  4. Elan§Morin§Tedornai

shaelor said:
    In my game there is little gains from either side. I don't think I've seen a city fall after the scripted events took place.

My problem with the mod is that my channellers turn out to be pretty worthless. They are only channel once or twice during a battle leaving all the work to my own character. It is killing immersion for me. Anyone have any tips?

Order them to stand still at the start of each combat and then advance them 10 paces at a time till the enemy is within sight. That way they won't take out their melee weapons and charge in, and they'll be forced to use their weaves. I usually divide them into a separate category, but you could also add them to the archers category. One important thing to note is that they are not very careful with any allies in front of them, so if you have some poor peasants as infantry that are charging ahead, they might get cooked by the fireballs.
  5. Elan§Morin§Tedornai

Commoners kingdom?

I just had something similar happen, so I thought I'd add it. I helped Arwa claim the throne of the Sarranids and now I'm almost done helping her conquer Calradia. All factions have been defeated except for the Swadians. So at one point, way after the Vaegirs were gone, I got this odd message that "King Yargolek of the Commoners was defeated in battle, but managed to escape". No idea who defeated him, but a few days later, I see him in the middle of the desert, representing the Comoners and riding towards my town Bariyye, with him being the only troop in the army. So I intercepted him and asked him what he is doing and he responded that he is weary of battle and is going towards 'his home, Bariyye' to get rest and gather troops. Well, right now he really is garrisoned in Bariyye, appearing grey among my troops, who are yellow, and he has raised 14 Vaegir soldiers so far... :grin:
  6. Elan§Morin§Tedornai

fujiphoenix said:
    Hey Mat, I just want to say that Taleworlds owes you, because the only reason I got this game was to play your mod :smile: I haven't even played Native yet. I have some questions tho. There are 2 weaves that don't do anything. They just fire what looks like a javelin. The icon of one is what looks like a plant sprout, and the other one looks like a white scepter being held by a hand. What the heck are these supposed to do?
    Well I know that the sprout one is for healing. You don't even have to aim it and it will heal someone nearby, even your horse sometimes. I don't know about the staff one, it may be the unravel spell, which also doesn't have to be aimed and doesn't produce an animation. Also there's this on the first page of the thread:
    A detailed explanation of the 14 weaves:
    Air blast - (Visual - Dust Cloud) does a little damage and pushes enemies (push effect only for single player open field battles)
    Freeze - (Visual - ice trail) slows enemies who are hit and deals minimal damage
    Heal - (Visual - purple mist on the agent you healed) heals nearest allied agent with less that 70% health (can heal your horse)
    Fireball - (Visual - fire trail) does initial damage and them burn over time damage on all agents in target zone
    Unravel - (Visual - yellow mist on effect that was unraveled) Dispels seekers, compulsion, bind, and allies who are burning
    Defensive blast - (Visual - Dust Cloud) does large damage to agents who are near channeler (and pushes them away if you are in single player open field battles)
    Ranged blast - (Visual - cloud of dust on impact) Sort of a ranged version of the previous weave
    Bind - (Visual - white mist on bound agent) bound agent can't move, can be damaged
    Chain Lightening - (Visual - Lightning strike from the skies) Will damage nearby agents and pass charge on to others
    Fire Curtain - (Visual - wall of fire) Will do initial damage and damage over time to all agents near the fire wall, burns for set duration
    Shield - (Visual - purple mist on agent who is shielded) shielded agent can't use channeling unless they break free.  If you are shielded keep channeling and you have a chance of breaking free.  Harder to do if a strong enemy shielded you.
    Seeker - (Visual - ball of green energy that tracks and kills target) You get hit, you die, also does AOE damage at higher levels
    Compulsion - (Visual - black mist on compelled agent) This will turn the compelled enemy agent to your team.
    Balefire - (Visual - light trail and purple image if agent is hit)  Agents in the path of the balefire stream will be ripped from the Pattern and their past actions erased. (killed instantly and removed from your sight) Also if the killed agent has been killing your teammates, then some of them may come back to life.
    The spells in your HUD bar should be in the same order, as long as they are all unlocked. Some of them won't be unlocked if you don't have the needed skills for them(Air, Fire, Water, Earth, Spirit) and in that case these spells will be skipped.
  7. Elan§Morin§Tedornai

Disco Ninja said:
    You need human prisoners. Then, you go to Shayol Ghul, talk to guild master and exchange your prisoners for Trollocs (one human for one Trolloc).
    OR exchange trolloc prisoners for trollocs - way more funny :grin:
  8. Elan§Morin§Tedornai

Tumetsu said:
    Wasn't it possible to freely Travel inside of the dreamspike  range and only moving through the barrier was impossible?
    True, and also the barrier is actually there in the dream world, as well as the spike itself(or at least it was so in Perrin's case).
  9. Elan§Morin§Tedornai

Tumetsu said:
    I think player should be able to channel normally when his horse is stationary. Even Siuan Sanche shouldn't waste a lot of concentration sitting on a horse that doesn't move  :smile:
    Making it more difficult to deal damage while galloping would be better option than just forbidding mounted channeling.
    Agreed, you shouldn't completely remove channeling from horseback, just "nerf" it. Btw, cool reference :grin:
  10. Elan§Morin§Tedornai

Enbaros said:
    mmm... I got my char to 10 proeficiency in all weaves + channeling affinity and proeficiency at 156, with 32 INT, and there are several weaves I've not learned yet like balefire, shield and seeker. What do I need to do to learn those? I did not use cheats.
    I suggest you cheat. If you think you're half way through to balefire, you're sadly mistaken :smile:
  11. Elan§Morin§Tedornai

sagolik said:
    May i ask if it was the latest version of the game you played? 0.2.7?
    No one else that got the same problem?

Yes, the newer version, with the fix that removed the merchant quest bug. I haven't tried out the things they're doing at Vaerraent's site, even though I'd love to. I'll probably be able to after I get done with that cursed research paper. Btw a few people, including me, also had a bug that nobody else had - we weren't able to recruit Lithe Aiels, so it's possible that there are bugs that occurs only on some computers, or operating systems. (doesn't that make things simple :grin: )
  12. Elan§Morin§Tedornai

Response to this:
    sagolik said:
    Raubwurst said:
    cyrileom said:
    Can't help you with mystery fief re-arrangement, but Gathering Storm comes with Diplomacy. If you get married, I believe you can ask your spouse if you think it's time to go independent. Otherwise, I don't know. There could be problems with Gathering Storm fief arrangement.

I'm sure there are a lot of villages unassigned to a lord or lady and as far as I've seen, they only get assigned if you ask someone who should get the fief.
    I have waited for a long time, too, but only if I ask someone about his or her opinion, the fief is assigned.
    Because of that villages, castles and towns which have been taken over by another faction and are not on your nation won't get a new lord/lady.

Hi!

Well then to my other question. If that indeed is the case, how will it be if other nations continue to fight each other? If they expand their territories, will those Castles, Towns stand empty? If that is the case It is a mayor problem in my opinion.

Thanks.
    :grin:
    That must be something new in the diplomacy. I remember that when I played this mod, a few months ago, the ruler of the faction quickly assigned any new fiefs - I actually created a whole game to see if I can earn enough favor from Rand and then seek him out to ask about Tear(helluva good business with spice there) and all of this before he assigned it to somebody else. Well I barely managed and he said
    no_angry_rage_face_rageface_meme_comic_flyer-p244420087477010675b73co_400.jpg
    . So I guess it's simply not possible to get it the easy way :grin: But anyway, that's how fast fiefs were assigned when I was still not in college.  :smile:
  13. Elan§Morin§Tedornai

Lilly112 said:
    I recruit all my people from the villages, getting Channelers is all down to chance.

When you're talking to the Village Elder/Guild Master the option to talk to the locals and then to pay the Village Elder/Guild Master to keep quiet is what gives you Channelers - it can't yield normal soldiers. If you use only that option to recruit you should get an army full of Channelers  :smile:
  14. Elan§Morin§Tedornai

Furrnox said:
    I'm guessing this mod is dead :sad: ?

Oh it's definitely not dead, there just isn't much to discuss right now. The creator of it, mat2rvis already has quite a big list of things to do on the mod, and a personal life also :smile: , so everyone are just waiting for him and his helpers to do all that and release the update. And, added to that, it's been more than a year since the last WoT book got released and to get the next (and final) one we have to wait all the way until next January when it will finally go to the stores :cry:
  15. Elan§Morin§Tedornai

Hazzardevil said:
    Narcissa said:
    Last 2? There's ANOTHER one planned?

After Robert Jordon died, some people decided that another Author would take over. There's so much notes on how the last book would be that the new Author said he would be writing another 2 books.
    Are you talking about Memory of Light and how Sandersen decided to split it into more than one books? If it's that then the actual number is three and the first two books have already come out, years ago. If you've found out that they're splitting the last book of the three into another two books, because it's too big, then thanks for the info and please post a link. :smile:
  16. Elan§Morin§Tedornai

CmndrHurricane said:
    which weave skills are required for what weaves anyway?
    You can find them in the camp menu. Go to "Gathering Storm options" and choose the "tips for channelers". Everything is described in detail there.
  17. Elan§Morin§Tedornai

mat2rivs said:
    Here's some screens of the completed Malden scene.  If anyone wants me to make it available to do an actual ride through tour, let me know.

It's awesome :shock: Do you intend to make every city like that?
  18. Elan§Morin§Tedornai

aragorn5 said:
    Hey all, I have a question.

I made an Aiel character and have been recruiting Aiel units in the Waste. However, all I get are Aiel (lithe) units at every Aiel village or city I recruit from. I checked the troop tree and was curious as to how I can get Aiel (bulky) units as well? Is this just a glitch? Any help would be appreciated.
    Yes, it's a glitch. Me and another guy in the forum also have it. If you really want bulky Aiel so much you can reinstall the mod and start a new game because I was able to recruit them at the beginning but then something messed up and now I get lithes from every single village and from the town.
  19. Elan§Morin§Tedornai

mat2rivs said:
    Cheap meaning that they mostly use lightning?  Do you think they should be stronger since they are top level channelers for the Madmen?  Or cheap meaning weekly fee?

mat

I meant that their weekly fee is low. When you multiply the difference to 50, for example, it makes a really good bargain to have them as channelers instead of anyone else. And their power in battle seems normal for a top level troop, at least from my experience.
    P.S.  Another advantage of the madmen channelers is that there are only three levels in their troop tree, which means you'll train them faster too.
  20. Elan§Morin§Tedornai

enak101 said:
    Woah, thanks for that. I had no idea you could get trollocs on your side. Must do.
    Also, if I recall correctly, Trolloc Berserker troops knock your enemies unconscious instead of killing them, leading to more prisoners :grin:
    So if you want to get a considerable amount of trollocs quickly you should leave them at this tier for a while before upgrading them to Clan Chiefs.

Btw, Mat, don't Storm Callers seem kinda cheap to you? :smile: I mean compared to other channelers.
Back
Top Bottom