Search results for query: *

1. Resolved Crash when attempting to switch sides during "Rival gang

I was doing one of the "Rival gang moves in" quest, or however it's spelled. The one where one of the notable people at a Town want you to wait 3 days, then lead an attack on a rival gang and their mob. The crash happened when I accepted the choice "It's going to cost you; X amount of denars"...
  2. Mod not updating?

Not sure if you’ve noticed, but the mod has been dead for literally years. Whatever you can get working is pretty much all you’re gonna get, unfortunately. I too wish the mod would be updated, and I wish I had the free time to re-learn Python and take a swing myself at fixing it.
  3. Bug Reporting HQ

In my 4.1.2 save, Lords are getting stuck on every port. Swadia got consumed by Agonic Order because all of the Swadian Lords were trapped at the port near Hieroslyma (spelling?). I've also got a ton of lords stuck at the port in Zendar, including nearly all of the Aztec Lords.

Not sure why they're all getting stuck, this is a brand-new save with a brand-new character on 4.1.2. I thought 4.1 or 4.1.2 was supposed to fix Lords getting stuck on ports?
  4. Can't leave village menu?

Just started playing the mod. Started in Praven, went to I think the village Azgad (whatever it's spelled), and then I was unable to leave the menu. Clicking "leave" just refreshed the menu for the village. I had to ALTF4 to get out of it. Are all the villages bugged like this?
  5. 1257AD v1.11 English Translation [Complete] - Troops, NPCs, and Factions

Does this work with Angry Peasant Edition 1.13, the version that came out on December 13th, 2015?

I'm afraid to install it in case it breaks everything. I recently had that happen with a mod for Viking Conquest and it seriously sucked.
  6. Editing the grenade fragments

You can use Warband Battle Resizer to set it to whatever you want

http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/1761/?
  7. Help! Glitching like crazy.

Venatus said:
    Hey,
    I'm having several issues with my game. If any of these are features, an explanation would be awesome. Otherwise, this serves as a bug report thread.

Alright, here's what's going on:

-When I seiged Tilbaut castle, it said there were 900 men in the garrison. When I seiged it I only needed to kill the defenders there and nobody else spawned. In the same seige, right as it started it said "You received -200000 denars." and removed said amount from my inventory. I don't know if this is related or not.

-Invisible items such as bread

-Giant white wave things in some maps (if this is a bug I can get a screenshot- assuming I encounter the issue again)

-My garrison in Tilbaut filled up with 600+ additional soldiers...

-Infinite Aleph: Take them out of the garrison, wait for a bit, look in the garrison... repeat. Kinda ruins the fun...
    ~There isn't wave respawn for castle fights, so once you kill the first batch of enemies the fight is over. However, you'll then have to "fight them on the streets" and then fight them inside their keep.
    ~ -200000 denars is from having an Aleph in your army. It's supposed to be subtracted every fight. Mechs are expensive, you know...
    ~Towns and Castles automatically garrison troops. You can turn it off in Mod settings
    ~Infinite Aleph is a glitch. It's connected to the auto-garrison thing.
  8. General Discussion Thread

LordBravey said:
    So I'm not seeing the strategy in this mod. Or the difficulty, really. I like it, don't get me wrong, I really do. It's extremely fun. Certainly having more fun than the official gun expansion.

But I'm not seeing the strategy. The only thing I do is get shooters, then stand around as they murder EVERYTHING. The only strategy I've done, really, is kite a band of 500 dark army dudes into a warband of 4000+ of some faction, then join the battle. Suddenly I'm set for cash for a long time. Long enough to build enough enterprises to fund whatever crazy army I make.

Speaking of armies, I haven't really touched national soldiers. I just use mercenaries, which get the job done just fine. Blades irk me though, they tend to rocket all around the place even when told to hold. They move unusually fast and just zip everywhere.

Alephs I don't like. The explosions don't seem to be as destructive as I feel they should be, and frankly with the arrows that explode from their rounds, they're almost as big a danger to their own soldiers. Hell, all the explosions seem subpar to me, so I tend to avoid them. I even spent a while lobbing grenades into a pile of men at a siege, to little effect. Actually hurt myself more, and I wasn't even that close.

Has this mod been abandoned?

If the mod isn't difficult for you, you're either not on Mommy mode or you've got Warband difficulty settings (troop damage, damage you take, etc) set to low. Set those to full damage, attack a Nord lord, and then come back and say the game is easy.
    It's not just Blades(Elite) that are fast. It's the Athletic skill that makes troops fast. Afrizaan (sp?) mercenaries (the Sarranid national troop, not an actual mercenary) are super fast, too. Almost all of the Nordic faction troops are immensely fast as well. If you don't like the physical speed of some of the faster troops, and you've got time on your hands, you can use Morgh's editor to remove Athleticism from the troops you feel are too fast.
    As far as I know, troops are incapable of friendly fire. I've yet to take damage from my own Aleph's attack, or my grenadier soldier's grenades. I've killed dozens of my troops with poorly aimed siege handcannon shots, though.

Hallegra said:
    @LordBravey

First question is whether or not you're playing on Mommy, because anything under that difficulty just isn't challenging. Second question is what your difficulty settings are at, because while I prefer to have my allies not die instantly, they really do affect the game. Playing on 100% difficulty and Mommy is hard as balls.

As for mercenaries, they're generally more expensive, but better, than national soldiers. However, this doesn't apply to some soldiers like the assassins or higher-level troops.

Ranged units are good en-masse, but if you go up against an enemy heavy-cavalry charge your ranged will count for rather little, IE lategame armies.

To make the game more realistic, I suggest using battle-sizer and upping the size to at least 400 for more tactical fights, and if you're having this much ease killing enemy troops than you might want to tweak your difficulty a little...

Alephs have a lot of debate around them. Personally, I don't like them, but there's not very many so I don't have to deal with them as much.

As for the mod being abandoned, Xenoargh is still around, but he doesn't talk much. However, you can rest assured he IS working on the mod. I like to think he's working on the necro class.

You can use Morgh's mount and blade edit tool to change the Aleph's damage to 1, if you wanted to. Just a recommendation if you really don't like them.
    I personally do like them, because fighting a 4000+ Lord army is scary when they have 4 Alephs annihilating my troops. Helps make Lord armies scary... or at least, until you kill the Aleph...
  9. Bug Reports: 1.6 (Alpha)

Lemmy said:
    The merc canonneers and swadian hangonners dont use their weapons very well, sometimes they  dont shoot, other times shoot once and stop, looks like some of units spawn with no ammo.

That's because their firearm/cannon skills are at 0. If you use Morgh's Mount and Blade editor (you can find it on the forums somewhere), you can change their firearms and cannons skill to 150 or so, and they'll actually use their weapons like normal. Also, merc cannoneers don't have the proper ammunition either, so feel free to fix that while you're in there, too.
    I personally took away the Merc Cannoneer's siege handcannons (firearm, uses bullets) and gave them cannon ammunition to go with their grenade throwers.

bushman79 said:
    So far I've only really encountered two bugs. The first is missing/unsupported troop commands during battle and the whole right side lighting up with a rash of commands and errors every time I select a group of men and/or issue orders. The second thing I've encountered, which may or may not be an actual bug, is the Light Arquebus musket I've been using being counted as a crossbow instead of a firearm. I don't know if it's just that particular firearm or if all will act this way on my version, I'll post again if any others do the same.

All crossbows and firearms are in the same category. They use the same ammunition and the same weapon proficiency. The reason for that is because the "firearm" spot in weapon proficiencies got replaced with Cannons. Just some of the firearms fire multiple bullets at once (matchlocks, siegehandcannons, and dragons I think).
  10. Updated Class benefits/penalties?

Has anything changed with the other classes recently? I know is the PR gets a relation hit, but a massive wages boost; the barbarian is a great combat character but gets an equally massive wages penalty; The Mercenary Archer has the best bow ingame; Sergeant gets a boost to faction troops (Just...
  11. Peasant peace

Well as a PR you start off with -3 relation to each kingdom. So try aiding their lords in combat against looters/bandits/etc, because you get reputation for doing so (as a barbarian, anyways...). I don't know if this will work or not. Worth a shot.

Oh, and you get 15 relation to every village. So take that 500 denar from the beginner quest, and go mass-recruit some troops. Kill looters, get more troops, capture a city, sell your loot. Hit "manage" on your city, pick training (or w/e it is), and choose the faction of troops you want to train. You can buy troops before it finishes building.

Just pump your points into Int on the rare occasion you actually level and max out Heroism and Defensive Tactics. You pay like 10 denar per recruitment as a PR. Barbarians have to pay like 75 more each, then they have to pay like ~20k a week for an army of ~200. I had an army of 400 as a PR for like 4k a week. I think.

12. [TUTORIAL]: How to Lower Max Party Size for AI Lords

elkillo said:
    does the effect of changing the value take place right away or do i need to start a new game?
    Not sure, you could try.
    When I was testing the values, I started a new game each time.
  13. problem with after battle and during battle.

Another possibility could be the realistic fatigue - if you fight more than a few fights a day with it turned on, your troops will randomly drop unconscious.
  14. Torrent for the mod.

If someone can seed it for me to download it, I'll always try to keep it open to seed.
  15. Cannon idea

What about a cannon-on-wheels (like the ones in the American Civil War) without a "driver"?

cannon_artillery_emplacement_by_heap11-d42fqjk.jpg

It'd be relatively simple to make, because it wouldn't have any animation besides the gun smoke that shoots out the end of the barrel.

Don't even bother about the wheels, the last thing I'll be doing in the middle of taking an axe to the face is checking to see if my cannon has wheels.
  16. Dungeon maps?

Grenades would destroy narrow corridors, as would those repeating crossbows and pikes.

That doesn't mean it wouldn't be fun, however!
  17. Difficulty Scaling by Level

Shrugging Khan said:
    So...why is it that the difficulty scales with character level? And how exactly does it work?

...and what can one do to mod it away?  :smile:
    You can use the mod tools (they're somewhere on the site) and manually go through and change all the bandit parties, etc to have the amount of troops that you want.

To disable lord's troop numbers increasing by the large amounts that they do, you can find my guide on the forum.
  18. Bug Reports: 1.243

Here you guys go

http://www.mediafire.com/?vbptaevdw35n4r0

Just replace your actions.txt in your Blood and Steel directory, and it will delete all spear/lance/sword overhand thrusts.

Just don't be surprised when spear foot soldiers have more trouble.
  19. I need some voice acting.

Nick Trano said:
    You know, you could always get a dude with a reeeaaaaallly high voice, or a 13 year old kid to do the woman battle shouts.
    Or edit a normal mans voice.
    Kinda like how they do those stupid chipmunk remixes on youtube.
  20. Feature Requests

Nick Trano said:
    I actually don't think that those of you who got angry at Thrawn really understood what he was trying to say.

All he was suggesting was a way for the player to have an army similar to the skeleton armies (Which, by a lot of your definitions seem to be the magic that you so hate).

And it would have some pretty interesting challenges involved, if the player would be unable to hire normal mercenaries.

I'd like to see how it plays out if it's ever added.
    I don't understand why everyone is getting so mad about the whole "magic" thing.
    The Dark Knights themselves in their dialogue mention dark rituals. And they fight with skeletons. So I would assume they have some form of black magic.

Although if everyone is crying over "don't let the player have magic!", then you could always call it necromantic alchemy.
Back
Top Bottom