Search results for query: *

1. Taran3

#1 Feature that would substantially improve Bannerlord for you?

Most features I would want are already added by mods, so I just want them to finally finish the scenes for the game. Sure, making those scenes is a lot of work, but it has been how many years?
    I have made scenes myself for a mod, I know it is not that much work. There is simply no excuse for all of those copy-paste villages, castles and cities that we still have.

A major addition I would feel that would really shake up the game would be some new cultures. There is space on the map for them! Maybe a Persian-themed culture in the southeast of the map (in the Mesopotamia-like area)? That would fit the early medieval theme of the game, especially with the focus on the Byzantine Roman-inspired Empire. The Roman and Persian empires were longstanding rivals, so a Persian-inspired faction would fit in really great. There is even a reference to them (the Darsi) already in the encyclopedia entry for Danustica!

Also, it would be nice to see the Nords again.
  2. Taran3

Secret Chest and Plate Armor

Not sure if there are any more easter eggs. Probably not in the old scenes. Perhaps in the newer ones? I doubt it is going to be a chest though, but maybe you'll discover some other cool stuff! Most of the scenes in Bannerlord clearly have a lot of work, love and attention for detail put into them.

Also, I don't know why they removed Danustica, but the current scene is the one of Rhotae, so those two cities are the same now.
  3. Taran3

In Progress Texture bug

I just wanted to note that I have this issue as well. It is especially noticeable on characters with big beards.
  4. Taran3

In Progress It is not possible to select only the mustache

Having the same issue. And some beard styles just don't show up at all.
  5. Taran3

The Spinning Death

At least it wasn't as bad as in Skyrim
  6. Taran3

It seems like recent medieval games are generating a following of undesirables

578 said:
    All these people who talk crap in games are nothing more than attention seekers and they try to just get reactions out of people. They themselves know their words mean nothing and have no weight since its the internet. And all the oversensitive people who discuss this too much are giving these morons exactly what they ask. Not sure which side is more pathetic to be honest. Oversensitive people should not play competitive games.
    Many of these people are just kids who say "bad words" because to a 12yo boy daring to say such words is the high point of comedic genius. I used to be like that as well. As a kid, I sometimes would say a lot of racist and other offensive things in in-game chats. Saying those things made me and my friend giggle like little girls and then people would react very strongly to what we said and that would make us giggle even more. Kids are weird like that.
    Anyways, the more attention you are giving them the more you are encouraging them to continue their behaviour.
  7. Taran3

Adding custom skins

I know how to work with the module system, and adding a new race to vanilla M&B is no problem, but in Brytenwalda it does seem to work and I guess it is because of the different start menu.

This really is the greatest mod there is for Warband though. Good job :grin:
  8. Taran3

Adding custom skins

Hello, I am trying to add some new custom faces in the mod. For this I tried to create a new gender, so that npcs will not use them. Now in normal M&B this would be a very simple operation, but in Brytenwalda, the different creation menu makes this very complicated. No matter what I do, I can...
  9. Taran3

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

I tried adding some new skins and therefore I added a new choice in the choose gender menu.
    The problem is that despite the startup screen showing my character as male (boy growing out of childhood etc.) npcs refer to my character as madam.

I did add (assign,"$character_gender",tf_male),
    What did I miss?
  10. Taran3

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Installing the SVN version of Anno Domini 1257

Nice guide! I'm not lazy, but the pictures make it easy for people who do not speak so good english.
  11. Taran3

Will you ever add "Create-a-Kingdom" again?

Osviux said:
    I will attack the Polish and make a kingdom called The Grand Duchy of Lithuania and conquer all the world ;D
    Mitchmon said:
    I'm so happy I will be able to create the Teutonic order again, take that Swedish invaders.
    Than I will conquer Russia, and create a country called: Soviet Union 
    I can't wait for the create-a-kingdom feature. It is great to have your own country, especially if you have a funny name.  XD
  12. Taran3

Melee : Totally Underpowered (MP)

I agree with Aeon221. It's easy enough to kill a musket user with a poleaxe. You really need 8 swings to kill someone??? I can do it in 2  :wink:
  13. Taran3

Bows vs. guns, which are you using?

naiski said:
    At 149% difficulty trying to take over the map the old-fashioned way, there's really no comparison. The bow is the most deadly weapon in the game.
    Right now I'm at about level 25 with level 9 power draw, a hand-crafted bow, and three large bags of forged arrows. Anybody will go down with one headshot and lower tier enemies take one shot anywhere.
    The bow has the potential to do more damage than any gun in the game. With +14% damage per power draw level, headshots easily exceed 250 damage. The bow is also extremely accurate with high proficiency and skills. If you can see them, you can kill them. On top of that, it's incredibly fast.
    When I defend castles I just bring my bow and three bags of arrows. Nearly every arrow is a kill and I average around two kills every three seconds. Without the bow, I find it hard to see how somebody could manage to defend a castle at maximum difficulty with a 1:2 enemy ratio coming at you.
    Guns can't even come close to comparing. They're far too inaccurate to be relied upon. Trajectories are very random and accuracy can't be improved by much by the proficiency. You can't get "good" at using firearms. You just get lucky from time to time. The damage is also very weak. Because you can't rely on the accuracy of the weapon, headshots are essentially random and thus most high tier enemies won't die in one shot. On top of that, the reload time is intolerable. In the time it takes to shoot and (maybe) kill two enemies with a double barreled pistol, I could have killed a good 12-20 enemies with the bow.
    That's not to say that guns are useless. I think they're a great addition. They make the game much harder (especially in the beginning) and work great in clusters.
    A bow works well for the player, but AI archers aren't nearly as deadly as AI gunmen. I like guns better because of the cool smoke effect.
  14. Taran3

Your Favourite Faction?

I'm torn apart between Russia and Sweden.  So hard to choose when you are part Swedish and part Russian :cry:
  15. Taran3

Fire & Sword Better Than Warband ?

Astute said:
    FonzieD said:
    looking at steam stats right now more people are playing warband than F&S...

These statistics are:

Current: 6,090 Peak Today: 6,309 WARBAND
    Current: 4,155         Peak Today: 4,501         FIRE & SWORD

Although understandable that more people own Warband, youd expect statistics a bit better than that for Fire & Sword considering how newly released it is, and its position on the Steam Top Sellers list (This means many people have recently bought it but arent bothering to play it)

I quess most people are waiting for bugs to be fixed. Just like me. I think that Fire and Sword will become a lot better in the future.
  16. Taran3

Left/Right handed

Dual wielding would be awesome as well. Two axes :twisted:!
Back
Top Bottom