Search results for query: *

• Users: RobinHat
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. RobinHat

Is there a basic mission_templates 'template' out there somewhere?

Hi all, I am making a mod where I want a certain terrain type (snow for example) to generate a non-random map with two entry points where each army will spawn - so basically the same as the current randomly generated battle scenes, but non-random and with fixed entry points. I have tried...
  2. RobinHat

Can I add new terrain types?

I did a search, but didn't seem to find anything. Is it possible to add more terrain types to my mod? As of now there are plain, steppe, snow, etc., but could I add - say - 'swamp', and code it so that it has a specific look in the game when entering it? If so, is there an upper limit as to how...
  3. RobinHat

SP Medieval Borgerkrigen 1157 (The Danish Civil War 1157) [WB][S] (v.1.0)

General Presentation Welcome to the war-torn realm of Denmark, 1157. Three kings battle for power and rule over this divided kingdom, while surrounding realms hungrily watch and wait. In the west, King Valdemar rules the people of Jutland, learning modern warfare and using clever tactics. In...
  4. RobinHat

What are the coordinates that Village Walkers are 'trying' to get to?

Hey all. So after making many... many scenes, I figured out that Town Walkers seem to want to get to the exact centre of any given scene. This simply means that keeping the centre coordinates of the map free from buildings, and making sure AI mesh leads to it, prevents town walkers from rubbing...
  5. RobinHat

Banner shader question (SOLVED)

Tried doing a search, but couldn't find an answer. So I've added a ton of new banners to my mod, so there are twice as many as there were to begin with, and the new banner sheets have been assigned to the lords in the game. Everything works fine except for the fact that the new banners light up...
  6. RobinHat

Experiencing a weird friggin' error after adding items to mod

So I just added a few new items to my mod. Nothing fancy, just a few retextured helmets - like I've done about a trillion times before. Now, when start up a new game and create my character, the character starts at level 31! What the heck has happened here? I have seriously only edited...
  7. RobinHat

Question about town/village walkers (EDIT: Solved)

Hi all, I tried doing a search, but couldn't find an answer. I seem to have figured out that town/village walkers as a default head for the absolute centre of the map, and will follow the AI mesh to get there. For this reason I always make an open area in the centre of my scenes so that they...
  8. RobinHat

Which banner scene prop do I need to use when adding banners to scenes?

Hi all, As the title says, is there a specific "default" banner scene prop that is used for Town scenes? I'm talking about the banner that hangs over the city gates for example, that changes when a new Lord takes over command of the castle. Thanks in advance. -Rob
  9. RobinHat

What file decides which random areas bandit lairs spawn?

Hi all, I have a custom map for my mod and i have placed the bandit spawn locations around the map. The bandits spawn there as they should, but I cannot seem to work out how to define the specific random areas in which the Bandit Lairs spawn. They seem to spawn randomly right next to towns and...
  10. RobinHat

(SOLVED)How do I make Lord's banners non-selectable in the 'choose banner' menu?

Hi all, I have successfully added a lot of new banners (banners_h to banners_m) to my mod (made on Native). Now I want to make banners_a to banners_g 'invisible' so that those specific banners belong to the Lords only and are not selectable by the player - like it is the case with the kingdom...
  11. RobinHat

How do I assign villages to specific towns/castles?

Hi all, I can't seem to work out how to assign certain villages to certain towns. I have six villages in my mod (made on Native) that have no affiliation with any town or castle. I have tried searching, but can't seem to find an answer. What module_system file do I need to delve into to assign...
  12. RobinHat

How do I change the age of a character so that it is always the same?

Hi all, I've been editing initialize_aristocracy in module_scripts (my mod is made on Native), where I have been creating 'fixed' family trees that aren't generated randomly. Everything works fine except for the fact that all ladies are now 0 years old. Also, a few of the lords are now only 12...
  13. RobinHat

I'm getting "ERROR: Illegal identifier" error for a troop that clearly exists

Hi all, I'm playing around with family relations for the lords of my mod (based on Native), but when I make a family relation involving a lady I get the "ERROR: Illegal identifier:" error along with the "Unable to find object:" error, even though the ladies in question clearly exist in...
  14. RobinHat

Is there a standard English language pack that is ready for translation?

Hi all, I'm looking to translate my mod, and I see that there are some packs in the /language folder. However, is there a 'standard' one in English that I can use to translate my mod? I don't speak German, Turkish, or any of the languages already there. Thanks in advance.
  15. RobinHat

How do I make it so two lords are brothers? (modding Native)

So as far as I understand it, the 8 'primary' lords of a faction always have the same wife, son and daughter - and all other relations are random, right? But is it possible to make it so that two Lords (say, Klargus and Delinard) are brothers - and always are brothers? I assume it's in...
  16. RobinHat

Mapping question: Restricting camera movement

Hi all, I've been playing around with Thorgrim's Map Editor and it's great. However, when I'm on the campaign map and I move the camera around, the camera goes way past the 'edge' of my map so that the ugly borders become visible. How do I restrict the camera's movement so that it cannot move...
  17. RobinHat

How do I make units move over water?

Hi all, So I'm playing around with my mod, which is a mod of Native. I plan on changing the map so that there are islands. I know many mods have parties able to cross ocean areas (and they turn into nice little boats, with special ship-battle maps), and I'd like to know how to accomplish this...
  18. RobinHat

"Your relation with Outlaws has deteriorated from -10 to -14"

Hi all, I've been doing some modding in Module System (mainly fiddling with Faction Patrols in my mod), and everything works fine, except that when I attack Looters or Bandits I now get a relations report just like if I were attacking a faction. This does not affect gameplay of course, but I do...
  19. RobinHat

How do I add faction patrols?

Hi all, I'm modding Native and I seem to recall seeing a mod once where there were faction patrols running around the map. Looking in module_party_templates.py I can see an entry for "Patrol". Is there any way to awaken this feature to add some spice to the game so that the only enemies you...
  20. RobinHat

What file decides which weapon combination shows up in town tournaments?

So I know how to use the Module System, and have been using it a lot, but I can't find the entry that decides which town uses what weapons in tournaments. For example, tournaments in Praven only have the Lance/Shield/Horse equipment. Where do I edit which town uses what?
Back
Top Bottom