Search results for query: *

1. w4hammer

Getting too old to play ?

Leonion said:
    w4hammer said:
    you cannot deny that average age of a gamer does not pass 20.
    Statistics says otherwise.
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/189582/age-of-us-video-game-players-since-2010/
    https://www.biu-online.de/blog/2016/06/07/der-durchschnittliche-gamer-in-deutschland-ist-35-jahre-alt/
    http://www.abc.es/tecnologia/videojuegos-nintendo3ds/20121214/abci-estudio-asegura-edad-media-201302060931.html
    http://www.clubic.com/mag/jeux-video/actualite-795226-jeux-video-age-moyen-joueur-francais-35-ans.html
    https://rg.ru/2013/10/08/igry.html

Those include mobile gaming that doesn't count. Playing games on your cellphone is not seen the same with owning a gaming console or playing games on PC.
  2. w4hammer

Lol people need to chill. It is normal for people who never played a proper video game to think that video games are for kids because you cannot deny that average age of a gamer does not pass 20. There is a reason why lots of people lose their **** when they see games like GTA because they think all games are aimed at kids. It is an opinion born out of ignorance...
  3. w4hammer

I don't even understand that question. What makes a hobby mature exactly? You are not too old for anything unless you are physically unable to continue with your hobby.

I would suggest anyone to not mind such ridiculous comments, Even if it's from your significant other. The only reason some people think gaming is childish is because it is not an old entertainment medium like say movies.
  4. w4hammer

Best faction to play at the start?

Depends on your play style but if you form your own kingdom always go for pendor troops. For early game I would recommend Ravenstern because they have the best archers. In PoP enemies quite strong so even an top soldier from troop tree will easily get wrecked agaist an elite merc or knight unit however if you spam Raverstern archers they'll at least shoot them down before they can even reach you.

Another good option is Baccus empire because of their crossbowman. They have massive shield and will not die easily and crossbows do massive damage on shields/armors so they can perform better against more bulky units compared to Ravenstern archers. Mix of both is good way to go as well.

Lastly do not use infantry of any troop tree other than Pendor always hire mercs. infantry you get from villages always worse compared to elite units. Ranged units can at least get away with it with high numbers but infantry and mounted units can't.
  5. w4hammer

[DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

Ralyks18 said:
    glustrod said:
    In the menu my game shows "v.3.8 v.000.3". Is that normal/means i got v.3.8.4?

That was as well appearing in 3.7, snouz searched everywhere for that and was unable to find where it came from.

Its a mystery  :shock:

It changes based on the name of the folder in module. however I have no idea where that "v.000.3" comes from.
  6. w4hammer

[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Alavaria said:
    w4hammer said:
    When playing as a female character does your husband's personality matter at all? Will they always be loyal is what I wonder because I can't find an unmarried good-natured/upstanding lord with a castle...
    The real secret is they don't really need to have a castle, you can probably get one for them, and of course when you become your own ruler, you can feed them whatever you please (I tend to prefer strategically placed cities of course).

Sure but having access to a castle in early game is a massive plus. I also want to steal his troops in the castle and make him pay for my units but since you can't divorce I don't want it to be pain in late game. Goldiggers gonna gold dig. :grin:
  7. w4hammer

Best Ways to make money in 3.8?

Trading is basically money cheat in Warband. It is hard to master but when you understand how it works you'll never run out of money. The best way to make money is bulding enterprises but not selling the product in the local market and selling them elsewhere yourself however this method is incredibly boring imo when you have  enterprises in every city. Wish there was way to hire caravans to carry your goods to elsewhere to automatize your trading company....

The trading system is surprisingly deep. You can ask to guildmaster what is high on demand. Buy anything that's not on high demand and sell it at somewhere that the product is in high demand. You'll eventually create your own trade route but note that flooding the market is possible so demands change, check by the guildmaster regularly. The locals on the streets also give tips that are better than the assess the local prices button.

If the trading is too dull another option is prisoners but this one is only profitable in mid and late game where you can fight strong enemies. Having a castle really helps too. Create an army made up of mounted units with blunt weapons and attack the minor factions. Keep it small if you also want to profit from looting as well.
  8. w4hammer

When playing as a female character does your husband's personality matter at all? Will they always be loyal is what I wonder because I can't find an unmarried good-natured/upstanding lord with a castle...
  9. w4hammer

[BUGS] Support Thread for v3.8+

So uh... Is everything fixed now? I think I downloaded 5 different patches in span of 2 days.
  10. w4hammer

Titanjones said:
    w4hammer said:
    Nice work everyone. I didn't expect most bugs to be fixed this fast. Wish you guys actually finish the troop tree as well though since half of the mercenaries still missing and also here's a fun fact back a few months ago Mordred made a preview vid for PoP 3.8 and troop tree was in the same state as it is now in the vid he said he was gonna speak the devs about it but I guess he forgot.

Devs specifically said they dont want to release troop tree for all mercs because they want to maintain an element of mystery for new players

Well that doesn't make sense when Melitine is there but alright.
  11. w4hammer

Nice work everyone. I didn't expect most bugs to be fixed this fast. Wish you guys actually finish the troop tree as well though since half of the mercenaries still missing and also here's a fun fact back a few months ago Mordred made a preview vid for PoP 3.8 and troop tree was in the same state as it is now in the vid he said he was gonna speak the devs about it but I guess he forgot.
  12. w4hammer

krisvk said:
    Overhead stabbing for spears, won't that cause some slight balance issues?

What do you mean exactly? It actually balances the game. Spear units are absolutely worthless without it.
  13. w4hammer

Anime/Manga

Cioss Julius U.X. said:
    Little Witch Academia 4. bölümü Twilight viraliydi. Artık mangaka nasıl bir hayransa bayağı döşemiş yani. Gönderme sandım da bayağı bölüm Twilight üzerineydi. Hatta hiç izlemesem daha iyiydi ne boş bölümdü lan. :facepalm:

LWA nın mangası yok.
  14. w4hammer

I want to side with Fierdsvain in my new game but their archers really really suck. What is the best non-faction archer troop in the game? I would recruit Ravenstern archers but their morale drops like crazy when you fight their own countrymen.
  15. w4hammer

UllrVetr Bow

Devs fixed that bug. The bow will disappear no matter what you do as it should be.
  16. w4hammer

[BUGS] Support Thread for v3.8+

I am not sure whether this qualifies as a bug or not but while creating your character if you choose your father as "a rough and mysterious figure" and at the end you choose "a letter that changed your life forever" you do not start with a banner but logically you should be because your "father" was actually an assassin sent to kill your mother which was the last heir to the silver throne of Pendor.
  17. w4hammer

MitchyMatt said:
    PL is a resource hog.

It makes everything gritty and dark.

It adds forests that AI love getting stuck on in battles.

It's going to remain out of the mod, it doesn't add anything to the game. And we aren't going to force it on people.

Good decision imo. If I cared about what some trees and bushes looked like I wouldn't play MB. Personally I install mods for it's features not for it's looks. PoP already got an awesome graphical upgrade anyway... Devs shouldn't waste their valuable time implementing PL.
  18. w4hammer

Anime/Manga

16174682_10211614262702752_249035292975119753_n.jpg

Tanya gene kendi kuyusunu kendi kazdı. Generale gidip dünya savaşı çıkacak şöyle bir tabur kurun dersen ne yapmasını bekliyorsun?  :lol:
  19. w4hammer

How viable is this?

MitchyMatt said:
    There will never ever b an option to join an evil playthrough. You can be as malicious as you want but ultimately, you have to be good.

Well that sucks... Anyway at least I can join The Knights of the Eventide
  20. w4hammer

[DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

Would be cool if other big empires like Barclay and Mettenheim was able to actually invade Pendor by conquering cities. It would be an good end game challenge where you need to defend pendor agaist foreign invasion.
Back
Top Bottom