Search results for query: *

1. Need More Info Scene Editor using custom scene.xscene (edited world map) with mod crashes game on campaign or loads it up with errors

Forwarded to the developers for further investigation. We will reach out again if we need more information. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

no worries, im glad if i can help, thanks for taking a look at it!
  2. How to load edited main map?

I've had occasional editor crashes from heavy processor loads and I have a hi-spec pc. IMO you should forget the minimum pc specs published by Taleworlds for playing the game, using the editor is different. IMO it requires more memory and possibly processing power.

no, i mean that happens when you load the map in game, the editor works fine, it crashes on campaign start i submitted a bug report because im pretty sure that this is a bug, that even a very lightly edited campaign map causes a crash (in this case a tree)
  3. How to load edited main map?

You need to load the main_map scene from the Sandbox module into the scene editor. From its file menu use save scene as to save it into your module's SceneObj folder. If you leave it named main_map it will override the Sandbox version or you can name it something else and rename it later once you're happy with your editing.

i tried that, it resulted in a crash (for that matter i tried these things: placing a new town of course setting the xml for it too > crash, copy and pasted a town for testing placed it somewhere and renamed it, also setting it in xml > crash, just terraforming placing a few random trees > crash)
  4. Need More Info Scene Editor using custom scene.xscene (edited world map) with mod crashes game on campaign or loads it up with errors

most of the time, it ends up just crashing, and sometimes if it loads this is how it looks like , i also have a modified scene.xscene that i edited before modding tools were out, and that one works fine except for some jank (probably also cause updated, but irrelevant) to clarify what i added...
  5. How to load edited main map?

The old method used to be copying main_map and its contents into your map folders sceneobj and edit whatever you needed in the xscenes, now we have an editor and saving it produces its own folder, when i drop it into my mods sceneobj folder it just crashes though, only sometimes its load but...
  6. What the hell TW? Why i am getting banned for?

NA is mostly a bunch of gatekeeping losers throwing racist tantrums 24/7 not even playing the game lmao, just daydreaming a white gamer ethnostate. I wouldn't recommend the multiplayer to anyone

its the same in eu , theres always 1 or 2 people rage spamming chat with all kind of obscenities
  7. Modding Wishlist, tell me what you want to see for modding

Hello, i hope its okay to make a thread like this, i was curious with what people expect and would want from modding in the future, especially what stuff should be moddable, im gonna make a start: I really would like for the future that we could add particles and effects to melee weapons...
  8. Poll- Should Crushthrough be removed, adjusted, or stay?

you do realise in warband the only hammer with this mechnism is only around 80 reach right?
    all hammers have that mechanism, in fact, even some axes had that mechanism
  9. Poll- Should Crushthrough be removed, adjusted, or stay?

keep it,. but only have it for hammers, and have it like warband, where the overhead strike specifically is slower than the others
  10. Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.4

why do you insist on having crush through on so many 2handers? the community was very explicit and vocal it shouldnt be on weapons outside hammers, yet time and time again you guys try to force fit it, why cant you just give the weapons that have it an unbalanced trade with variable swing speeds for upper head attacks (the one for cts) and why cant it be only hammers? why always go against the community? dont you want the multiplayer to succeed too?
  11. How do i add custom strings?

for various things for that matter, i know i could add them to the relevant string_xml of the base game, but how can i make my own string xmls work? especially for custom dialogue?
  12. Has anyone figured out how to add particle effects to melee weapons?

yeah i saw, its also not up to date and does it via pushing a buton? i kinda wanted some specific items, but oh well, maybe once modding tools come out it will be easier to add stuff like psys_game_burning_agent to melee weapons and have it show
  13. Has anyone figured out how to add particle effects to melee weapons?

this wouldn’t answer your question but torches uses prefab, if you add that to your sword, then the fire from torch will exist on that sword as if it was a torch, it doesn't look good since it cannot be adjusted :sad:

i already tried it with that because i had the same idea, however what ends up happening that it will work while its on the back, but if you draw your sword to use it it hovers on the ground :sad:

<Item id="test_staff" name="{=yy7RvQKN}Test staff" is_merchandise="false" body_name="bo_spear_b" recalculate_body="true" mesh="axe_craft_32_handle" prefab="torch_a_wm_only_flame" using_tableau="true" value="5" subtype="two_handed_wpn" weight="1" difficulty="0" appearance="1" Type="Polearm" item_holsters="polearm_back:polearm_back_2">

if youre interested in how i implemented it, basically tried it first with the bo
  14. Has anyone figured out how to add particle effects to melee weapons?

its simple to add a trail to arrows, but i havent really figured out how to add flames to things like torches or swords, did anyone figure it out?
  15. Is there a way of making melee weapons that arent crafted items?

Yes you can, there is a bo staff that is not craftable on horses_and_others.xml inside spitems folder, you can change many parameters in it such as; it's mesh and item usage. I tried making flag polearm beforer but I think it wont work now in newer versions.

<Item id="bo_staff" name="{=yy7RvQKN}Bo staff" is_merchandise="false" body_name="bo_spear_b" recalculate_body="true" mesh="axe_craft_32_handle" using_tableau="true" value="5" subtype="two_handed_wpn" weight="1" difficulty="0" appearance="1" Type="Polearm" item_holsters="polearm_back:polearm_back_2">
    <ItemComponent>
    <Weapon weapon_class="TwoHandedPolearm" weapon_balance="100" thrust_speed="100" speed_rating="100" physics_material="wood_weapon" weapon_length="100" position="0.0, 0.0, 0.3" swing_damage="5" thrust_damage="2" swing_damage_type="Blunt" thrust_damage_type="Blunt" item_usage="polearm_block_swing_thrust">
    <WeaponFlags MeleeWeapon="true" PenaltyWithShield="true" NotUsableWithOneHand="true" TwoHandIdleOnMount="true" WideGrip="true" />
    </Weapon>
    </ItemComponent>
    <Flags WoodenParry="true" DoNotScaleBodyAccordingToWeaponLength="true" />
    </Item>

The problem with this is if you plan on making sword, and took the mesh from a blade, it wouldn't have a handle and vice versa.
    Adding flag that CanBlockArrows will crash your game if you succeed blocking arrow with your custom sword. So just experiment until you are satisfied.

thanks for the answer, so i guess i can only make one piece weapons like that
  16. How do i find the X and Y pos out on the map?

Is there a console command that im not aware of that shows the coordinates of the x and y axis on the map? because im trying to add clans to my mod and they require initial_posX= initial_posY= i want them to spawn in sensible locations and try avoid accidentally spawning...
  17. Bit of a dumb question but i have a reason for asking it

each unit can split into two, but if you mean how many can fit into the tree think the sky is the limit, or at least the ui i havent really hit it yet, each unit needs to be at least 1 level higher than the previous one tho
  18. Is there a way of making melee weapons that arent crafted items?

because with the way they work is that i cant specify their stats, and so cant really make low tier 2 handers for example, i know ranged weapons work different, but could i implement a melee weapon the same way ranged is implemented?
  19. Non-existing balance in multiplayer and another problems

Bannerlord, from an objective standpoint, is more fun and interesting. The people still playing Warband are obviously waiting for BL to go on sale (or their computers aren't beefy enough).

yeah thats why bannerlords multiplayer is dead while warbands isnt, i went back to warband too because it just feels so much better, there quite a few things that bannerlord did really right, but balance really isnt one of them, at least for melee i wish they would revert to what warband had, cavalry feels good,archery feels good,but infantry,the core, does not feel good, and neither does the perk system
Back
Top Bottom