Search results for query: *

1. Are these new features or am I just imagining things?

I love lamed Chargers - they just cost about 1500 denars and one or two weeks later it become healthy again. But I don't think Chargers are more resistant to "lame" than other horses, it's just that they get knocked out much less and thus have less chance of becoming lame.

I thought it was a good idea to "cure" swaybacked Chargers by getting them knocked lame and then cure them, but then I found that I always get knocked out faster than them.
  2. Chamberblocking

Orion said:
    Ah, but the question is: Can you do it in battle? I've been doing it in battle since the beta. First American to pick it up and use it, I'm sure.
    And I'm sure that I am the first Chinese to pick it up and use it.  :razz:
  3. Are these new features or am I just imagining things?

Even healthy horse gets killed sometimes. My swaybacked saddle horse prefer death rather than being a lamer.
  4. Glancing Blows

I think the glancing hit check is a little weird. I often have glancing hits while I'm right facing my opponents, and at just optimum range.  I also often face the situation in which both me and my opponent thrust while charging at  each other, and often I find that at first my attack land as a glancing hit, but the next moment his attack land with full damage. And spear seems do full damage thrust at hugging distance often. I'm not sure if it is because of my bad network link though, since I've been seeing weird things all day, such as someone block my attack successfully while facing me with his butt.
  5. "Chamber block" different now than described in manual?

No, you can't chamberblock overhead with thrust anymore, and even while it was availble, it was not very useful either.
  6. M&B: Warband Japanese Release

I'm interested in this. Though we don't need something like moe in the game, Samurai and Shogun should fit in without any problem.
  7. An Advanced Guide to Dueling - More Than Manual Block *Updated 6/16*

kingofnoobia said:
    The problem is that, once you know your opponent can chamberblock, it's rather easy to discourage him to do it. Just hold your attacks every once in a while, so that an attempted chamberblock will result in your opponent getting hit. After a while it becomes too risky for him to try.

That is why frequent chamberblocking is not a good idea. Your opponent can exploit your eagerness very easily. Using chamberblocks sporadically as a surprise move is, at least when used against me, a lot more effective.

There has been only one frequent chamberblocker I have had trouble with beating him and that was Bjordhinn/BJB. Not because he chamberblocked me, but because he attempted chamberblocks on my feint attacks, recognised I was feinting and let his attack go. For a long time, I just stopped feinting against him, but then I started holding attacks and he attempted chamberblocking a lot less. The risk was too great for the reward. It's a while since I last fought him, should look him up again :smile:.
    Well, that's a way to counter chamber-blocking, but can also be out-countered by simply attack immeidately after your blocking, just like the basic way to counter feint. Any predicted move are easy to counter, not just chamber-blocking. Just as I said, it is a tactical move, not a super move, mastering chamber-blocking might not boost your attack ability greatly, but it can cripple your opponents' tactic. You had to change your fighting style because of it, didn't you?  :wink:
  8. An Advanced Guide to Dueling - More Than Manual Block *Updated 6/16*

Chamber-blocking is not a super move, but a tactical move. If feint is a way to disrupt your opponents' defense rhythm, then chamber-blocking is a way to disrupt their attack rhythm - and with minimal risk. By using chamber-blocking aggressively and frequently, you can force your opponents to abort feinting, and that makes their attacks much easier to defend or chamber-block. If you can master chamber-blocking, then your opponents' choice will be greatly limited, I can't see a reason not to practice it. Other skills strike your opponents' flesh, but chamber-blocking strikes further.
  9. In Defense of the Automatic Block

Archonsod said:
    Max.Pain said:
    But in warband, your block continues a little while even after you release right button, so right now you just keep smashing your right button and you are invincible in a 1 on 1 situation, except kicking and block-crushing attacks.
    Except there's a delay between you blocking and the block actually working, so if you do nothing but mash the right mouse button you won't in fact block anything. Plus that delay in the block ending? Stops you blocking in another direction too.
    Nope, you can block anything by doing that. The delay before the block works is short, or you won't be able to defend yourself so easily, and no reflex can be faster than the speed you can smash a button. A decent man can push a button 7~8 times per sec, and my reflex time is around 300 ms, still I block and chamer-block most attack without problem. And the delay after a block is just lingering your block effect a little longer, you can still change block direction if you wish.  And last, spam blocking on one direction won't cause block failure, works just the same as press and hold.

I fought my roommate several times by creating a auto-block lan server so I'm sure of that. Everytime I strike, either I feint or not, he just smash right button as fast as he could, and the only chance of damage him is to kick-slash him or chameber-block (still need a bit of luck on that), and besides, he loves backpedalling very much. At last we both agreed that this is too stupid and began boxing instead, at least we can acturally hit something that way.
  10. In Defense of the Automatic Block

In 1011, autoblock is okay for a beginner to learn how to start, because in 1011, your block fails just at the moment you release right button, so you have to watch carefully and decide when to click and hold. But in warband, your block continues a little while even after you release right button, so right now you just keep smashing your right button and you are invincible in a 1 on 1 situation, except kicking and block-crushing attacks. Oh, and if you keep backpedalling you gain extra immunity to kicking.

So, who the hell need such a retarded system? Only a handful of servers turn them on just because no one likes it, simple enough.
  11. What is the best sword in mount and warband?

Here are my favorite weapons in sp:
    1h: Balanced military cleaver. 38cut, 95length, 99speed, even a top tier troop can't survive 2 hits. Or you can use elite scimitar if you prefer longer ones.
    2h: Heavy Iron hammer, Greathammer, Great long axe. These are the most intimidating weapons you can find, not just their lookings, they also have bonus  to shields or can even crush through block, especially the great hammer - I never met one can block its overhead smashing. And this made it the most powerful siege defense weapon, once smashed over 300 enemies myself in one single battle.
    1/2h: Useless.
    Polearms: Balanced iron staff, high power and long reach. Hafted blade, the only polearm can be swinged on horse, large attack radius but lack of damage potential.
  12. Has any one been able to level up a Sea Raider?

Archonsod said:
    Wolfrug said:
    Although I do agree that they should definitely level up to something that makes more sense, maybe.
    Recruit makes perfect sense. They're bandits, it's a choice between joining your army or the gallows.

Cyrilix said:
    You mean, when they upgrade to nord recruits, they're actually "improved nord recruits"?
    They're generic Nord recruits. They just start out with around half the XP needed to reach the next level.
    I still think that you have to pay 80 denars to make one sea raider a nord recruit is unreasonable, that's the price for a nord veteran. If upgrading them costs no denars or about 10 I might think about it, but right now I don't see a reason to upgrade them.
  13. Prisoners Price

NPCs with great/sledge hammers equipped works fine on that, and they even pack a great punch in siege defense.
  14. Prisoners Price

Temuçin said:
    YAY! Finally it is now worth to put some more point in prisoner management. I am using heavy iron mace and knocking eveyone and sell them it is very profitable now. I can bring 20 prisoners, let assume they are sea readiers 112 x 20 = 2240 denar + loot. :smile:
    Rivacerg is my favorite ATM now.
  15. masterwork war bow accuracy?

Of course not. The power draw is based on weapon base damage, so you can get 10*14%*30 bonus damage with Masterwork War Bow, but only 10*14%*28 with Strong War Bow. The only problem with Masterwork War Bow is that you might find it hard to hit a skull form far, but its high power made that you don't even need to try that. And it's faster than Strong War Bow.
  16. masterwork war bow accuracy?

Weapon efficiency affects accuracy as much as power draw. As far as I can remember, you can make pinpoint shot with masterwork war bow if you have 10 power draw and around 400 bow efficiency.
  17. COBRANS clan

Greetings to you and the rest of your clan, =(c)=MaxPayne, I am Max.Pain of the Nightfall Knights. Feel free to visit here, and I hope you can find someone who wishes to join your clan. But I'm afraid that this is a Chinese forum, and that might not everyone can understand your post. Do you need a translate or something?
  18. Fun starter quest turned into boredom in last patch

I think the number of enemy is depended on your character level. Once I started a new game and imported my 30 lvl character, then I went to the kidnappers' lair with 5 recruits, just as usual. But then I found that a whole fxxking looter army was waiting for us. I was knocked off twice and had to use ctrl+f4 to end this nightmare.
  19. Crossbow-penetrating headshot

It's ok. The penetrating chance is not very high, and better shield reduce this chance even further. If there's something or someone to blame, it's those mean guys who just rely on free shields. And if you can shoot their body through the shield, why not the head?  :razz:
  20. [Bug] Weekly Budget Report says i will gain money but i always lose 977

I have the same problem. Every week my budget report displays as blank on second page, and every week I lose 3046 denars, no more and no less. I'm going to start a new character and see if it fix the problem.
Back
Top Bottom