Search results for query: *

1. Thoughts on building villages/castles/towns?

What would be cool is creating bandit hideouts for yourself... the more you become a bandit and dedicate yourself to that life, the more access you get into creating a small bandit camp and hiding it. There you can take prisoners there, stash resources, stash animals to keep a population going and to make it a small village. That’s what I was really hoping for in M&B. There really isn’t a way to live a bandit lifestyle without just constantly being on run and hitting caravans. Gets boring.

wherever your bandit camp is built can start influencing smaller towns and cities to come to your “faction”. Like a bandit hero.. you could even have quests to bring village lords to your side and eventually start civil wars with the populace against bad kings! Recruits could begin to flood into your camp the more reknown you get. I would expect this type of gameplay to me the hardest as bounty hunters and angry lords are constantly hunting you and trying to attack your bandit lair, but the reward would be amazing, an all out civil war!

sigh... all wishful thinking..

Also, if there was ruins around the land, would be amazing to claim a ruined castle/fort, and start stashing resources to build it back up. You would need heroes good at engineering to bring the # of resources needed lower and the # of days to build lower, but that would be a worth while and rewarding effort. It would encourage long plays where you build your bandit style up, build your encampment, fort, castle, and then begin to subvert certain factions and eventually try to lead rebel wars.
    Seriously WHY ISNT THIS IN THERE!!!!!
  2. Defending against sieges

In my recent playthrough i have a castle "LLanon Henc" (sp?) as the only last standing castle in enemy Battania territory. As many of you said a lot of times they break the siege for no apparent reason. But recently they have attacked my 200 strong garrison with 400-500, and gave up when they lost around 300 troops (I've had about 80 left). I replenish the garrison and this happened a few times. Finally i had enough money and food to wait in the castle and try to get the siege defenses lead by myself!

My thoughts when i actually lead the siege, i get absolutely ANNIHLATED. My archers aren't fully deployed on the caste walls, when i try to control my infantry units all hell breaks loose, the AI runs from important areas on the walls that are being taken, and the units at the gates of the castle aren't very effective! Argh its all so frustrating, i should be able to win a 300 garrison against 600, my troops are top tier with nearly 60-70 Imperial Palatines and good mixes of infantry. I really hope they improve siege AI in an upcoming patch. The IDEA of it looks amazing but execution falls very short.
  3. A Poll of the 'Sturgian Experience' in 1.4

Did you check what type of troops was against each other ? because that detail can make a difference no matter what army you're in

It was a pretty even fight.. Unfortunately the Stugrian general decided to charge the 50-60 calvary we had in the army and lose it. While they still killed a good amount, it was a waste. Then what ended up happening is the Sturgian archers lost against the empire, which let to the entire sturgian army getting cut down pretty hard after they defeated a majority of the infantry. It was a long and awesome battle. I ran it again a few times via my save and it was always the same results with very small differences. A few more AI tweaks and i think these battles can become even more epic.
  4. A Poll of the 'Sturgian Experience' in 1.4

I was just in a battle as a Sturgian mercenary where 1000 sturgians took on 1050 empire and lost... they were then declared war on by Battanias and vlandia. Up until that point they weren’t doing bad. I left the kingdom and watched them crumble.
  5. Live as a Bandit

You know TaleWorlds have already talked before about that they are going to implement life as a bandit. That's why you have roguery and all this things already in the game, the whole of the bandit part is just not finished. Really, it's 1 month into EA which will last at minimum one good year, probably more. I suggest you stop worrying so much, stop obsessing, and relax a little bit. If nothing else, come back in 6-12 months and see what state the game is then. No need to get gray hairs already, friend.

Obsessing is a bit much, but I'll def stop worrying. There haven't been a lot of games I've been excited about for a real long time and i want it to reach its full potential. I'm sure you and quite a few folks on this forum have been let down by EA developers before, so a bit of cynicism is valid.
  6. Live as a Bandit

Exactly! There is honestly no real choice to live like a bandit. Having a stash, recruiting other bandits, having a wanted level with specific parties hunting you, that would be amazing! This is one of those things that should have been thought about in Bannerlord, we didn't have it in M&B and we should have it in a sequel. Lords that have devious skills should be able to hire you "unofficially" to raid certain kingdoms, attack villages, and even sack castles/towns.

I made a post earlier about features and how im worried this may be an updated "M&B". Every passing day I get the feeling that we will have to rely on mods for many things, but i really hope im proven wrong!
  7. Let’s be very candid...

You'd be surprised what many millions of people around the world are satisfied with when it comes to gaming.
    I actually agree 100% with the guy.
    We live in an age where game sequels launch with less content for more money and everything evolves around lootboxes , roulettes and microtransactions.
    Bannerlords 2 is a breath of fresh air for me.

Asking for features and depth is imo mundane at this point. It is so blatantly obvious there are going to add many of the things i see across many threads. It will take time. Till then take a break or get mods.
    The fact alone that this game can be heavily modded ( more in the future ) is enough to provide a lot of duration.

For me this is the best game i've played since Skyrim. I've lagged , i've lost saves , i've been frustrated but i'd rather not be overdemanding , considering the sad age we live in.
    It's also obvious they are not here just for the cashgrab.
    They care , they will give us more content when they can i guess /shrug

so this is primarily why I made this post. IS IT blatantly obvious they are going to add such features? Warband was good, but this can be great if it’s expanded upon. Since I’m a bit cynical I wonder if such amazing features could be added. Even if there is a 50% chance to get stuff in there it would be such an amazing medieval simulator! Makes me nervous
    Since yours is a feedback and I noticed that what you are looking for is "depth of gameplay", I insert the link of my suggestion thread, which contains 3 threads that deal with economics, logistics and war.
    War that can be fought even without battles.

ECONOMY , LOGISTICS and WARFARE SUGGESTION LIST <---LINK

Ah great links. I wish I could just put my post in yours.
  8. Let’s be very candid...

You'd be surprised what many millions of people around the world are satisfied with when it comes to gaming.
    I actually agree 100% with the guy.
    We live in an age where game sequels launch with less content for more money and everything evolves around lootboxes , roulettes and microtransactions.
    Bannerlords 2 is a breath of fresh air for me.

Asking for features and depth is imo mundane at this point. It is so blatantly obvious there are going to add many of the things i see across many threads. It will take time. Till then take a break or get mods.
    The fact alone that this game can be heavily modded ( more in the future ) is enough to provide a lot of duration.

For me this is the best game i've played since Skyrim. I've lagged , i've lost saves , i've been frustrated but i'd rather not be overdemanding , considering the sad age we live in.
    It's also obvious they are not here just for the cashgrab.
    They care , they will give us more content when they can i guess /shrug

so this is primarily why I made this post. IS IT blatantly obvious they are going to add such features? Warband was good, but this can be great if it’s expanded upon. Since I’m a bit cynical I wonder if they will add the obvious. Even if there is a 50% chance to get stuff in there it would be such an amazing medieval simulator! Makes me nervous because we have all been waiting a VERY long time for this
  9. Let’s be very candid...

Hello Bannerlords, This may be a tad long, but before I go on I want to say I enjoy Bannerlord and I really enjoyed Mount and Blade WB. My main concern right now is depth. Warband was great for what it was and how long ago it was made. However Bannerlord is feeling like it’s going to...
  10. RANDOM wars and Ninja Lord Prisoners

Idk I've actually been able to hang onto lords longer. They will eventually escape but one guy I had for 7 days before he got away. I haven't tried imprisoning any yet. It would be nice to actually have an alternative to executing lords to keep them from popping back up with full armies 3 days later.

This... soooo this... I tried to stop executing lords and letting them go to see what would happen. In about 2 days they are back with 60-70 troops (granted mostly recruits) but also some vetted units. Be nice if your campaigns actually made a difference.
  11. Lord/Lady needs a tutor quest is nearly impossible since we can't access quest companions' inventories anymore

I heard the best way to upgrade is to use him for the smithy. He seems not to upgrade at all from battles and missions
  12. Adding Army attrition and exhaustion, improving the morale mechanic [Suggestion]

In addition to this, which i love the idea of slowing down massive armies of a 1000 troops to actually worry about some logistic. How about war attrition? Raiding towns and villages, killing large armies and nobles barely seem to has an affect on the war. The armies will just replenish so quickly and their economy continue on. If 2 factions are at war, and one lost near 5000-6000 troops, how about some war attrition? Harder to recruit from villages, economy slowing from raids, suing for peace and seeding lands. I just feel M&B is so basic right now, the last M&B was great for its time but lets update it with some amazing new features. Make them optional for players who want a more basic game.
  13. New Patches Broke My Game

To add to the confusion, it says archhitecture_empire.tpac cannot be updated, and i cannot delete this file from the folder its in...
  14. New Patches Broke My Game

Hello, I went away for work for one week, and when i come back i noticed that Bannerlord was updated (per usual, awesome updates from Taleworld!). However, now when i try to update the game, it says "resume". I click to resume patch and it "updates" for a second, and goes back to pause. The...
  15. Wife not getting pregnant

Everytime i rest in my castle with my wife for a period of time. The news she is with childs comes. I like that dynamic!
  16. Roadmaps and Implementations?

If you want to check out "Uboat", those guys know how to develop an EA. They provided numerous patches, responses to community, and a roadmap that literally SHUT EVERYONE UP! Everyone is literally sitting around now content and waiting for the additions to be implemented. Its great and i would buy anything from that developer just because i support their service model.
  17. [Question / Request] Addition of a roadmap

Just made a post on this
  18. Roadmaps and Implementations?

Hello, Just finished my first full game of Bannerlord without crashes or corruptions and grabbed my first Castle and 2 fiefs from the King of the South until the entire map was taken over by Vlandia. Figured the land was tamed, i was allowed to keep my fiefs and castles, and decided to live...
  19. Opinions about Fighting System

I agree in the fact that something feels off. The fighting mechanic itself is fine, but the chaos of battle feels lost. I M&B when 2 huge armies clashed it was really chaotic! Men screaming, shields and axes and swords bashing flesh, wood, and metal. Some sound rework would do wonders for the battles in bannerlord. In big battles when you join a lords army the chaos is pretty intense, but just no great sound to follow it.
  20. Join a faction army and get paid as a soldier in the war.

Also if you join with a group you are still responsible for their food and wages, even though they are fighting in the lords army.
Back
Top Bottom