Search results for query: *

1. Useful tips to players

I found a spice city.  Forgot where though.  And to find out what the big loads are, go to the normal market and look at the goods.  If they have a lot of one item, then that will be available for larger caravan loads.
  2. Prophesy of Pendor 4.0

Wowzers!!!!

I do have a suggestion though....

Just kidding.  Great to see an old mod growing greatly.  Sounds like mod of the year material. 
  3. Warband or M&B?

Long term, Warband for sure.  Despite bugs they are currently working on.

The only reason for original is mods... and the mods argument carries a lot of weight.  Mods are awesome. 
  4. Favourite melee weapon?

Nordic heaviest 2 handed War Axe.  Everyone underestimates it.  Knocking down a shield in the first hit is almost as satisfying as a one hit kill. 
  5. Multiplayer Issues, not satisfied with the balance.

Can't speak for warband, but bots in original tend to run up into your face.  If that happens, you might want to switch to a short sword. 
  6. Multiplayer Issues, not satisfied with the balance.

Speaking of which, why do a lot of top 3 people not wear helmets?  Are they really almost useless?
  7. Multiplayer Issues, not satisfied with the balance.

Yeah, DM and TDM are a lot different than battle.  I'm still a scrub and would probably lose most duels, but I've been in the top #1-3 for kills quite a few times and I've done it usually by dying more than anyone else.  I just run around spamming that crazy 2 handed axe.  Pull up the shields only for the archers.  8/10 if it comes to blocking I usually get hit.  It's amazing how many kills you can get risking your neck and not blocking much. 

I should check out the combat guide...
  8. Forced to run Steam - Not amused.

Exist-nl- said:
    kazuma said:
    How do I tell steam to stop tracking my gameplay hours?

why would you want to do that ?

The token response to any of these sort of questions.  You know... it really doesn't matter to your own personal wellbeing and enhancement to know.  If it helped you in some way, then I could but I was just asking how, not "should I"?
  9. Forced to run Steam - Not amused.

How do I tell steam to stop tracking my gameplay hours?
  10. Cheats-Your Opinion

I have never activated the cheats. I'm the standard and model of what you all should be doing when playing.  All hail me.  Max difficulty too (aside from battle sizes my system can't handle)

but I do enjoy a little character import/export editing.  Hmmm... adding some stats  :razz:  :mrgreen:
  11. Archery sucks, shields overpowered

Archers have a 1% chance against axe/pilla throwers in straight up open field one on one. 
  12. Control attack direction, which is best?

Yeah, I know what you're saying.  Ussually with reverse I had to move the mouse back, so that I wouldn't overshoot my swing (where if I swing from left to right my pointer would end up to far to the right if I wasn't careful. 

I might try directional blocking with WASD though.  My mouse doesn't always block down when I tell it too. 
  13. Control attack direction, which is best?

What is the best way to control attack direction?  By best I mean a combination of speed (how quick it takes to connect a hit) and maybe any negligible amount of damage (since how a hit normally lands makes a difference), and also control.  Most important things are speed and control.  I've...
  14. melee against superior stats

Thanks.  I'm thinking of playing a level 1/2 character in the arena free for all.  Even the regular units can swing faster.  Even bandits can be tough starting out.  How well can you fare in a free for all at beginning levels? 

I know I know... gotta level up.  But still I'd like to come out on top 9/10 against a somewhat superior troop. 
  15. melee against superior stats

How do melee against opponents with better stats... specifically faster swing speeds, where in the time it takes to wind up, they are hitting you twice. 
  16. Battle Size Changer v1.1 for M&B .700 - 1.011+

Been loving this mod for a long time.  Curious about Warband too.
  17. Tournuments in PoP

And it decreases the time it takes for your swing to connect so that you hit sooner. 

Avoid the melee confrontations unless you know you're in a comfortable 1v1 situation.  Try to grab someone's horse. 

If you are stuck in melee, high athletics is the difference between life and death.  Not only can you run when the situation gets bad, you can also slash and run past the guy if he has buddies backing him up.  Just repeatedly charge and then overshoot past him, turn around like Bull and charge past again. 

Also, take off the heavy boots before going into the tournament on foot. 
  18. Best mod - big thanks to the authors!

Late to the party here, but I must say... this mod has surpassed my expectations by a long shot.  The detail, the plot, how there's so many things going on, yet it's still well balanced.  My only problem with it, is that it's costing me my sleep.  :lol:
  19. Does anyone ever use Pendor Footman line?

Hate to necro the thread, but what do you "fill" your garrisons with?  It seems that Man-at-Arms are pretty tough per the maintenance.  Seems like a good idea to just fill the backyard castles with these guys and the archers.  Or do you even bother garrisoning your stuff?
  20. Ladies to power! Emancipating Pendor.

Thanks, I have used the wiki, just didn't think to try to look up lesser faction spawns.  I never seen the seers before.

As an aside, when I first used the wiki, I thought it didn't have much content because I didn't even see the left side menu with expandable topics.  I like how it is now, just letting you know since some people might miss it when they post here. 
Back
Top Bottom