Search results for query: *

1. Malanthor

Khergits 0.3

They display their tier to me, no need to reload. :smile:
  2. Malanthor

Khergits 0.3

Works for me. <shrugs> dont know why its not working for you.
  3. Malanthor

Khergits 0.3

It seems nice. A bit powerful compared to certain others mayhaps. But then as i understand it there are yet trees unfinished. :smile:
  4. Malanthor

Regarding plate armor

Sure plate armor is pretty tough in reality although it seems to me OP is overestimating it. Also there is a difference between second hand partial plate which men at arms had and custum built plate armor for kings.
    An individual arrow may not be a huge risk in either case, but it remains a risk and in battle things are not black and white. If you have to look out for arrows there remains less attention for other things, if you have to keep your visor down because of arrows you get tired faster. Etc. The arrow may not be the greatest threat alone but the other factors which the arrow contribute to make a pretty big dent overall and there is no way to adequatly represent this in the game. Its a frickin game after all there are no way of portraying how reality works.

One guy with awesome 1500 century plate mail a flanged mace and a shield vs two guys with chainmail, crappy swords and shields. Sure if they just stand there hitting eachother with their weapons there is very little the two guys with crappy swords can do. But WAKE UP CALL. In reality they flank him, one guy grabs hes weapon and immobilize it while the other wrestle him to the ground, then they proceed to put something pointy through hes visor slit, armpit or other vulnerable area. There is no way to represant this in game. Just upping the armor value of plate mail totally neglects all the factors that plate armor dont help against and thus ends up portraying it even more wrong than it allready is. Reality is not a lvl 20 d&d warrior that mows through 50 lvl 3 soldiers while drinking beer, but upping plate armor value to where OP seems to think it should be at will accomplish just so. Maybe a slight inncrease would be ok i dont know. In any case this discussion is pointless. :razz:
  5. Malanthor

Sarranid Troops Suggestions

Well they had cataphracts in the desert. :smile:
    They would need to have atleast some heavily armored units to compete with the other factions, both from an ai and player perspective. I do however agree that most of their units well could be the cheaper and less armored type.

And no gunpowder. People that desperatly want it can add it themselves with Morghs. :razz:
  6. Malanthor

Regional Manor Help!

There is it just only shows up when you are very near it. So search around your village until you find it. Do a logical grid by grid search and it wont take long. :O
  7. Malanthor

1257 AD F.A.Q.

Dushatar said:
    Is it me, or the Nicean Roman Empire is severely underpowered? Like, they are completely useless. I'm using the lance recruitment system and all I can see is spearmen/javelin men among their ranks, some of them mounted and all have sub-par armour. They can't do anything in sieges especially against the Latin Empire for they only have swords and spears which don't penetrate armour. I am yet to see a varangian guard or a cataphract of any description. I literally watched a 1200 men party disintegrate in a siege of Patras while their garrison was only 300 troops, of which only 40 died.

Do they have worse troops with the lance system enabled? I thought the AI uppgraded hes troops the same way regardless. <shrugs>
    In any case, if you want the ai to win when they are sieging let them do it autocalc style, whenever you the player joins the battle in real time it ends with a bloodshed. This goes both ways however so when you join the defending effort the blood shed will be the attacking side's. :razz:

ALso the AI wont use missile attacks (thrown, bow) when they are attacking a keep/town (bug?), they will however liberally use said missile attack when defending, also a factor in why its much harder attacking. I defended patras with 200 men against 1400 and equipped with a glaive i stood on the side rampart next to where they get up and just swung... and swung.... and swung.. at the end my finger had a cramp, but the attack was a complete failure and i got 7 levels or so heh.

I have come to like DrThomas AI in open battle, however in sieges its still quite buggy. 1: No attacking archery. 2: issues with the formations making the troops move back and forth in lockstep?
  8. Malanthor

Does anyone have tips etc on companions? AD1257-1.11

Well good to know it has no effect then i can just pick what i want based on name/culture/my concept at the time. :grin:
    Cheers.
  9. Malanthor

Does anyone have tips etc on companions? AD1257-1.11

So companions culture influences nothing at all? Seems strange. :smile:
  10. Malanthor

Rhodok Suggestions

I think rhodok did quite fine with pikes in floris. Atleast when you ran the tier 7 units. :razz: But maybe it was more hes huge weaponskill and heavy armor heh.
    Pikes def need to be able to swing overhand like in floris or they might aswell throw them away. Spears and every form of thrusting only weapon suck ass in m/b due to how combat works, kinda sad really as a spear is really an excellent weapon and maybe the most used one. in ancient times.
    But good range, damage and speed makes pikes that can swing overhead pretty nice imo aslong as the buggers have a backup weapon. :smile:
  11. Malanthor

Issue with village bandits.

Nope dont happen to other mods, neither floris, silverstag, pendor, perisno etc.
    Might be some graphical shader whatnot messing up in the village scene maybe. <shrugs>
    Its def not weak computer thats the issue, but maybe graphic driver cant handle something in the mod. meh, i dont know.
    Just figured id mention it incase it was a bug or something, which it was not since nobody else has it hehe. :grin:
  12. Malanthor

Good to know it dont happen to others then. :smile: Must be on my part, battlesizer or some driver ehrr. <shrugs>
    Cheers.
  13. Malanthor

Rhodok Suggestions

Rhodok should have the best anti cavalry units with nasty pikes, and strong crossbowmen. :grin:
    But yeah right now it seems like the Rhodoks havent been uppgraded or sumthing. 
  14. Malanthor

Whenever i pick up a quest to free some village from the evil bandits harassing them it ends with a ctd whenever i try to save my game afterwards. Everything goes smoothly up until that point. I have tried running around and dooing other stuff before saving, entering cities etc but i still get...
  15. Malanthor

Rhodok Suggestions

Please dont give every faction every kind of unit. It will destroy the replayability that comes with 6 factions when everyone plays the same just with different colours.
    No archers for rhodok. No cavalry except for a light skirmishing cavalry tops. No guys wielding greatswords etc.

Yeah sure its realistic that every faction has pretty much every unit, but this is not reality its a mod, and i much prefer fun to total realism. :grin:
  16. Malanthor

Found a bug.

Thank you kindly. You were absolutly correct all i had to do was wait a few days and then i could recruit the proper soldiers.

Oh i do know how the feudal system worked, i guess its just a matter of different ways of looking at it, im not saying you are wrong or anything, just that our perspectives differ. :smile:
    Also it seem to me that the lance system makes the game easier given how often you actually are at war in the game, but maybe im mistaken.

Any chanse you could enlighten me a bit further as to how the lance system works in detail?

Thank you.
  17. Malanthor

Found a bug.

Ahhh. Didnt know that. Thanks.
    i do like that you can only recruit troops from your own fiefs and that when you are a freelancer you can only grab mercs, but i find the idea that troops are free when at war quite hillarious. Goverments bankrupted themselves waging war in real life. Its not like soldiers dont want pay, need gear or food just because its a war going on. :grin:

By the way is there anyplace where the lance system is better explained?

Ive allready read the 1257 AD F.A.Q but i dont quite understand the finer details.
    1: For instance if i recruit all my lances and then disband them i have noticed that the next time i want to recruit them (within a short time frame) i can recruit fewer lances than the previous time. Does the lance pool grow smaller each time you disband and then slowly grow back or something?
    2: Also once i started the game i had a max of 4 lances from my village, another time i had 10 with a different faction Is there supposed to be variance here or are there factors i am not aware of?
    3: Is there a random element in what happens with your trained troops once they are disbanded? I noticed that once i disbanded a lance and then recruited it again i didnt get all the veterans i had previously trained, some were mysteriously missing.

18. Malanthor

Found a bug.

The Ordo Teutonicus have entirely different troops depending on if you go with standard warband recruitment or the lance system. The lance system seems to be giving you the right troops, while the warband recruitment system gives you ehrr i dont quite know what they are, russians or something...
  19. Malanthor

Rhodok Suggestions

Leifdin said:
    Flarpagus said:
    But the Rhodoks are based off the Swiss to begin with!
    If you're going to toss in "Swiss Guards" at least name them "Rhodok Guards"!
    No, they are going to get named Swiss Guard because that fits Silverstag/Warband theme beautifully!

Take it with a pinch of salt eh. :razz:

Thank god. Naming them swiss guard would for sure be a mood breaker for me. :grin:

And no handguns!
  20. Malanthor

Any way to turn off the realistic combat system?

Well i cant find it. Im playing latest version by the way. No matter i think ill try an older version.
    Thanks in any case.
Back
Top Bottom