Search results for query: *

1. Mustafa Korkmaz

Port to .NET Core

We're using VS2017, which doesn't have .NET Standard 2.1 as far as I know. We may migrate to VS2019 in the future though.
  2. Mustafa Korkmaz

A technical question about Bannerlord scaling and CPU cores - what is the best core count vs clockspeed? Is it possible to ask the devs directly?

1. Overall, do you think the 16 core is better than the 32 core? We do seem to be running into rapidly diminishing returns here.
    2. What percentage of the game today (circa 2020) do you think is multi-threaded? The blog post in 2017 said that 60--70% per frame was multi-threaded. Has that improved? Do you think that it will improve by launch day?
    3. Are different scenes more multi-threaded? Imagine a game with a unit limit of just 500, versus say, a unit limit of the full 2048 (the current engine limit). Would the 2048 unit game be more multi-threaded?
    4. Are there any other advantages to an HEDT CPU? The one that I see is that HEDT CPUs have quadruple channel RAM, but I don't think that this would translate into better FPS. Is Bannerlord CPU memory bandwidth bottlenecked? At 4k resolutions, it is not uncommon for games to be GPU memory bandwidth restricted (it also depends on the GPU), but less so CPU. I don't see how the other benefits of the HEDT platform would be beneficial (ex: more PCIe lanes).
    5. After the game is released (Ex: we already have a naval expansion planned), are there plans to make a higher percentage of the game multi-threaded?

1-Diminishing returns is a good term for explaining our situation. Besides the theoretical problems, on every game including Bannerlord there are some workloads that can be parallelized, and some that can't be. So consider a frame in a combat situation like: (2x ST workload) + (16x MT workload) + (1x ST workload) + (8X MT workload) + (3X ST workload). If you have a 4 core cpu it would be take 12x time (2 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 3). For a 8 core cpu with the same architecture it would take 9x time and for 16 core it would be 7.5x time. After 16 cores, core count doesn't affect too much, like for example a 32 core cpu would take 6.75x time. So a cpu with a faster single threaded performance would be a better solution after a certain number of cores. I wouldn't buy a CPU with less than 8 cores though, considering next-gen consoles have 8 cores.

2-We're always trying to improve how much of a frame that can be multithreaded and will work on this until full release.

3-I'm not sure about this. The parts of a frame that are better threaded are indeed related to units(like AI or physics) but they also have single threaded parts. Though, for example campaign parts are mostly single threaded.

4-HEDT CPUs tend to have low single threaded performance so I don't think they're very good for games besides some exceptions. I don't think we have cpu memory bottleneck at all.

5-Yes!

If I'm not mistaken, fastest consumer CPU for Bannerlord right now is 10900K. This may change after 5900X is released, so we'll see :smile:
  3. Mustafa Korkmaz

Resolved Cursor drags itself outside the game window

Hello. Is this still happening? If you have a gamepad connected to your computer, can you try plugging it off and see if it chagnes anything? Also, are you using any type of third party application that may change mouse behaviour?
  4. Mustafa Korkmaz

Need More Info Colour dust around players & black ground

What do you mean by "the file is not in the folder". Is the folder empty, or you don't have C:/ProgramData/Mount and Blade II Bannerlord folder at all?
  5. Mustafa Korkmaz

In Progress I can't find Engine_config in the configs file(PLEASE HELP ASAP)

This is related to the usernames with non-latin characters and will be solved in a future update.
  6. Mustafa Korkmaz

In Progress Gün batımında ve Gün doğumunda renkler iç içe geçiyor. Parlaklık sorunu

Golgelerin kapali olmasindan dolayi bu. En azindan statik golgeleri acmayi deneyebilirsiniz, performansa etkisi dinamik kadar olmayacaktir.
  7. Mustafa Korkmaz

In Progress Çerçevesiz tamekran ile Tam ekran modları arasında geçerken oluşan sorun

Ilginc bir durummus, daha once karsilasmadik bildigim kadariyla. Bu ekran buyumesinin oldugu tek durum, iki monitor varsa, olcek %125'ten fazlaysa ve iki monitorde birbirinden farkliysa. Ekran buyutme vs. yapan bir ucuncu parti yazilim kullaniyor musunuz? Veya Windows 10 guncellemeleri cok eski olabilir mi? Belki eski bir Windows versiyonunda oluyor olabilir.

Gecici olarak ekran olcegi %100'de iken sorun cozulur diye tahmin ediyorum.
  8. Mustafa Korkmaz

In Progress Çerçevesiz tamekran ile Tam ekran modları arasında geçerken oluşan sorun

Bildirim konusu Windows ile alakali bir durum, focus assist diye bir ozelligi var Windows'un, bunu engellemesi lazim. Onu acmayi(oyunlar acikken diye bir ayar var) deneyebilirsiniz Windows ayarlarindan.

Oyundaki cozunurluk ayari 1920x1080 degilse cercevesiz modda bulanik olmasi normal, normal tam ekran ayarinin aksine biz upscaling yapiyoruz ve GPU'nun kendi yuksek kaliteli algoritmasini kullanamiyoruz.

Ekran buyumesini anlamamiz icin screenshot iyi olabilir.
  9. Mustafa Korkmaz

Birden fazla monitor kullaniyor musunuz? Ve monitorlerinizin Windows'taki Scale degeri nedir(%125, %150 vs.)?
  10. Mustafa Korkmaz

This is weird, for some reason the game isn't able to create config files from C++ but can do from C# it seems. So everytime you open the game, video and performance settings get resetted to default values I presume? Do you have any restrictions for your Documents folder(like an antivirus, or ransomware protection)?
  11. Mustafa Korkmaz

Can you search for "engine_config.txt" in your C:/Users folder?
  12. Mustafa Korkmaz

Hello. Can you please try changing any setting from the options, press done and see if it creates the files?
  13. Mustafa Korkmaz

Resolved Fullscreen/ issue

Can you send your engine_config.txt file. It should be in Documents/Bannerlord/Configs.
  14. Mustafa Korkmaz

Resolved my mouse cursor now will be stuck in one place

Can you try alttabing out and in to the game when this happens and see if it changes? Thanks.
  15. Mustafa Korkmaz

Need More Info Unresponsive Menu Button(s) Bug

Hello! What is your operation system and its version? Are you playing with a guest account or an administrator account. Do you have any kind of resolution scaling on your Windows settings? Also, do you have anything that may prevent files being read or written to Documents folder(like the ransomware protection feature of windows).
  16. Mustafa Korkmaz

Need More Info Early Access Graphics & Font Issues WITH TEMPORARY FIX

Can anyone that had this problem tell what their original region was? We had something similar with Turkey and Poland region during beta and fixed it, maybe there's more.
  17. Mustafa Korkmaz

Mouse cursor stuck

That's interesting. We had a bug like that on beta, but fixed it immediately. I'll investigate.
  18. Mustafa Korkmaz

Mouse cursor stuck

Can you please post the contents of your engine_config.txt in your documents folder here? After sending it here, please delete it and check if it fixes the problem.
  19. Mustafa Korkmaz

Need More Info Early Access Graphics & Font Issues WITH TEMPORARY FIX

Maybe some of the beta configurations causing issues? Please try deleting Bannerlord folders from Documents and C:/ProgramData.
  20. Mustafa Korkmaz

RGL Error crashes

Are you playing on fullscreen mode? If not, can you please try the borderless fullscreen mode on video options?
Back
Top Bottom