Search results for query: *

1. andeve3

MP Other The Expletive Pack: A Sound pack for the Black Watch Class

This is brilliant, it is glorious. Have you considered using "It's ****E being Scottish!" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1tJJO_pVvQ)?
  2. andeve3

MP Other Fire and Smoke: A Sound Modification for Muskets, Artillery and Explosions

Sloth said:
    This maybee stupid queston but will this mod works in NW multiplayer?

Cheers
    The sounds work both in multiplayer and custom battles, and will not be interpreted as cheats nor cause performance issues or crashes. There would not be much point to the mod if that were not the case. Hope you enjoy the sounds.
  3. andeve3

Minor Modifications [Update: Now with Irish Units and Sounds!]

1thecop said:
    Menelaos16 said:
    If I feel jolly I'll start taking pictures of everything.
    Do it. Is that plume remover for the Garde zu Fuss?
    It affects all regiments with large plumes, both cavalry and infantry, Garde zu Fuss is one of them.

xkt0rp.jpg
  4. andeve3

Making a Norwegian Regiment,

Nice to see a norwegian speaking regiment. Its a shame there are no ski regiment skins for NW yet, it strikes me as the most memorable image of norwegian soldiers in the napoleonic wars.

Skielober_1801.jpg
    20090807_Norwegian_ski_soldiers_606.jpg
    skalbukilen.JPG

Lykke til.
  5. andeve3

MP Other Fire and Smoke: A Sound Modification for Muskets, Artillery and Explosions

Moogle said:
    I have done all the things you said and tested the sound files but still no luck  :sad:
    No need to apologise :smile:
    That is strange, do you still get the old sounds unchanged in-game, or do the sounds malfunction in-game? When you listen to the musket sounds in the \mountblade warband\Modules\Napoleonic Wars\Sounds folder, do you hear new sounds? Or are they the old sounds? Sadly, I cant do much to help, but if you do hear the new sounds in you sound folder, you know that you have successfully replaced the old ones, and if that is the case I do not know why they do not work in-game.

dude24oak said:
    I have a quick question, will the reenactor's sounds give me a more in-depth feel? Or the Fire and Smoke?
    It is difficult to explain the difference between them in writing, they both change the same amount of sounds, the difference between them is in the musket and rifle sounds. I would suggest trying them both, and judging for yourself what pack you prefer.
    I personally tend to change between them too keep the game fresh.
  6. andeve3

Moogle said:
    I've tried like 5 times
    Hello Moogle, I am sorry to have taken so long to respond. Could you sum up what you did to the files when installing them?

What you need to do is:

1. Open the zip file containing the sounds.
    2. Extract the "Sounds" folder.
    3. Place all the sound files found within the "Sounds" folder in \mountblade warband\Modules\Napoleonic Wars\Sounds
    4. You will be asked if you wish to replace the existing files, answer yes.

When you have completed these steps, try listening to one of the new files (for example "musket_shot01.wav"). If the file is working properly, and it is a new sound, the mod should then also be working in-game.

Thank you for trying the mod.
  7. andeve3

MP Fantasy My Little Pony skin [Released]

Omaha9999 said:
    I seriously cry for humanity. Please, someone restore my faith.
    I wish I could, I've got nothing.

2kr62t.jpg

It never ceases to amaze me, just how extraordinarily obnoxious one small group of self-indulgent, self-righteous manchildren can be.
  8. andeve3

BetaKnight said:
    Lolz i think i heard these sounds from ntw general andys sound pack but good to know theres one for warband! :grin: im loving it only thing needed
    You are correct in your observation, those musket sounds are indeed from general andy's sound pack. Although mixed to work better in napoleonic wars.
    In fact most of the sounds from both the sound packs are compiled from sound mods for empire and napoleon total war.

Btw, when will you be putting the greatcoat skins for the french line up for download?
  9. andeve3

ThaNightmare48 said:
    btw, are these sounds also working if i just drag-n-drop them into the WFAS-Folder? Or do i need the other mod for it? (The normal gunsounds suck flying pigs(srly.. it doesn't sound like guns))
    You will have to use Solecist's sound pack for that, link is in the OP. And I agree, the default musket sounds in WFAS are atrocious,
    Solecist's sound pack improved the atmosphere of the battles significantly, made the game far more enjoyable.
  10. andeve3

Comrade Menelaos, could you update the list with links to the newest versions of the fire and smoke pack, and the reenactor's pack? They have both been significantly improved.
    Including a link to the thread as well would be useful, since it contains install instructions and a short overview.

Cosmic_Nate said:
    I have tried 2 both are titled ui gadgets

Did you put the "ui_gadgets.dds" file in "mountblade warband\Modules\Napoleonic Wars\Textures" or "mountblade warband\Textures"?
    The "ui_gadgets.dds" file needs to be placed in the warband texture folder (mountblade warband\Textures), not the napoleonic wars texture folder.

It should look like this in-game.
  11. andeve3

After having observed the sounds in-game more I have made further adjustments: Mixed explosions to be louder,
    rearranged the musket sounds to make flintlock pistols sound less loud than the musket sounds,
    changed rifle sound to have less echo, in order to compensate for the one file limit, and resulting lack of variation (eliminates repeating layers of echo).
    Added a cannon impact and wooden rubble sound, that I mistakenly thought I had added before.

Download links have been updated accordingly.

Prince_Eugen said:
    Nice mod, using it, mostly like the re-enactor sound pack. Thank you for the mod!

I appreciate the feedback comrade, good to hear the the reenactor sounds are satisfactory.
  12. andeve3

Custom skin showcase.Frontpage RE-Updated

I am somewhat disappointed that, as far as I know, there has not yet been released greatcoat variants of the various units, other than one for the old guard grenadiers. I confess to having a fetish for greatcoats, and expect that there will eventually come a few decent greatcoat skin variants for many units. Especially since greatcoats are so frequently depicted in illustrations of the french invasion of russia. Hopefully someone will make shako cover skins as well, for france and prussia.

A few images for inspiration:

226869-stranger.jpg
    InfanterieLigne(fusiliers)01.png
    Francisco_de_Goya_y_Lucientes_-_Los_fusilamientos_del_tres_de_mayo_-_1814.jpg
    Dutchtextiles13b.jpg
    2cz6b78.jpg
    Ejlau-polnyj.jpg
    dog_reg1.jpg
  13. andeve3

OP updated, both the fire and smoke pack and the the reenactor's musket sounds have received further mixing, as well as additional sounds. Both packs now contain new rocket sounds, artillery sounds and explosion sounds. I am happy with the improvements made, I have not had too much time to test them however.
  14. andeve3

OP updated yet again, this time with an entirely new set of sounds. These sounds are far rawer, recorded outdoors. I will probably mix the echo on them further in the future. Curious as to what people think of them.

ThaNightmare48 said:
    Very very very well work boy! This community keeps this game alive.

This sexy gurl is just for you!
    mb34.jpg

:lol:

I-I'll be in my bunk.
  15. andeve3

OP updated with download link to the new version of the mod. The new version includes new artillery and explosion sounds, altering all artillery related sounds except the sound of the rocket travelling.
  16. andeve3

jezza93 said:
    Hey I really like what you've done here :smile: how would you feel about this being used in the American Revolution mod? (Providing I consult the team first)
    I think that would work nicely, you are welcome to use the sounds.
  17. andeve3

OP updated with a brief video showing the sounds in action.
  18. andeve3

Menelaos16 said:
    Great work you've done, mind if I add it to my community collection?
    I would be happy to see it added to the list.

psychopigeon said:
    Thanks. Would it be possible to make a sound for incoming artillery also?
    Yes that is possible, the sound emitting from the travelling cannon ball is a simple loop, that could be replaced easily.

Gamer2da said:
    Is this any similar to Khans sound mod?
    Not much, most of the sounds are "softer" than the ones in Khan's mod. This mod changes all the musket and rifle firing sounds, where khan's mod replaced most of them. In short the two mods sound different, and have different amounts of audio files changed.
  19. andeve3

The Fire and Smoke sound modification seeks to alter the atmosphere of the game by replacing the following sounds: - All musket and rifle firing and impact sounds - All cannon firing and impact sounds - All rocket firing and impact sounds - All explosion sounds The musket sounds have...
  20. andeve3

I would not consider removing the plumes a fix, there was nothing historically inaccurate with them. It was purely for practical reasons, thus why I referred to it as "a minor tweak". I think it belongs in the miscellaneous category, and could be referred to as a "plume tweak".

It would be great if someone could convert solecist's splendid sound mod for Fire & Sword (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=169492.0) to Napoleonic Wars. The mod contains some excellent gunfire and explosion sounds as well as new sounds for bullets whizzing by, hitting the ground and so on. I experimented with it myself but was not successful, I have little experience with editing audio files, and do not know what characteristics the files must have in order to function properly in-game. It would definitely be preferable if this was done by someone competent, in order for it to be done properly.

A demonstration of solecist's sound mod: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdza4UevHkA

EDIT: I have made some further changes to the model files, the prussian and russian guard regiments as well as the russian hussars now also have the plumes removed. Also included in the zip file are a few separate, optional files who modify colour tone the uniforms and backpacks of some of the regiments within the various nations. For example: the french leather backpacks look darker, less like plastic.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?bt59g990bynmr6c

Prussian guard without massive plume:
    xkt0rp.jpg
Back
Top Bottom