Search results for query: *

1. Owen Wulfson

BANNERLORD - How can earn big...very big Money (whitout cheat)????

I don’t know if this truly classifies as a true “exploit”.

Exploits have to be lopsided on both risk vs reward and effort vs outcome. You put a LOT of effort into a low risk, low reward game function.
    So this is just a “safe way to grind”, but not really an exploit as you are spending an absurd amount of personal time doing it

Well, let's say you really want to assist a faction before it suffers setbacks or gets wiped out. Normally, you'd have to spend a lot of in-game days getting yourself up to that level and by then some losses or defeats could have occurred. But using Practice Fights to surmount early finance issues can tip the balance and speed things up for you. Not to mention get you out of the starter rags.

I'm not saying you should grind 60,000 Denars in the Practice Fights - even I found that monotonous. But win 50 fights, easy enough with Khuzait and Vlandian Practice Fights, and that's 12,500 Denars along with a skill increase that will make you better at tournaments and armor for said fights as well. All without losing a beat in the progress of time, thus allowing you to help your faction (if it needs it) all the more easily.
  2. Owen Wulfson

Saving Your Family In Less Than 40 In-Game Days

That might work, but doing practice fights ad nauseam? That sounds really real time consuming, and boring. Besides, I dislike x-bows (unusable on horseback) thrown (too quick out of ammo) and one-handed (not enough damage).

While I agree that thrown and one-handed weapons have limited use on the battlefield, they come up very often in a number of tournaments which means you will often be equipped with them and barely know how to use them. A nominal skill increase and accompanying perks really goes a long way to making them useful.

The companion thing was something I just observed, but I imagine few players would even care what bandit hideout they had to attack. That was just something I added in as a consideration.

My usual start:

I'll definitely steal some of your pointers for my Khuzait campaign. Thanks :smile:
  3. Owen Wulfson

Are you joking?

No, I've been testing the various arenas and practice fights for just such an exploit. And it is an exploit if you consider that the passage of time is a factor for certain arrangements in this game.

Really, that's just how much money you are going to naturally make if you grind up to level 8 using easy practice fights. Especially in my case as I wanted to get my Crossbow skill up to 100 (and successfully did). And I am playing on Realistic settings.
  4. Owen Wulfson

The boss in the hideout with the family is always the same guy - wearing some hides and using a two-handed cleaver of some kind. So he's not going to spawn with a glaive thankfully.
  5. Owen Wulfson

I just fought in Vlandian Practice fights until I made 60,000 Denars. Pretty easy when you learn how to use the tree on one end as a pavise. And it's still Day 3 of my game.

Considering that the passage of time is a factor to players for long term play, especially with fertility and eventual death, getting such a good start with such a method is actually worth considering.
  6. Owen Wulfson

Yah, I probably should have included a warning about steppe bandits as well - but they already have a well earned reputation.
  7. Owen Wulfson

I don’t know about everyone playing these days, but I myself am greatly relieved that we can finally rescue our family from the slavers with the latest patches. Perhaps the single greatest reward, besides possibly securing “heirs” to replace us when we die, is getting our brother back as a...
  8. Owen Wulfson

My dissapointment grows. Game still feels barren.

My general impression was that this game would be in early access for about a year, and it mostly seems to be panning out as I expected - although at this rate we'll probably only be nearing the end of early access by April of 2021 (for reference Bannerlord released EA March 30, 2020). This of course drives me up the wall sometimes because I want to invest full time playthroughs into this game but I'm stymied because I know it's not finished yet and there are things that need to be hammered out before I can commit. But that's just me.
  9. Owen Wulfson

New Taleworlds Blogpost on Steam - Early Access Update

I'm just glad they'll finally get around to implementing the quest to save your family. With that fix, I might just get back into the game before it's fully patched.
  10. Owen Wulfson

More armor and shields, please. A lot more. Hell, let us craft armor while at that.

I am interested n the description of smiting int he game, which currently goes as follows:

101293499_2284252775217182_4590863475810500608_n.jpg

So yah, we should be able to make armor in this game... or the developers will take the easy route and just fix that one sentence. Either or.
  11. Owen Wulfson

Do you believe the game will be finished in 10 months?

I might have cast my vote for "Yes," but with the current quarantines due to the ongoing pandemics have likely slowed things down even more than would be expected. Perhaps in a year from now we will see an official release - or at least word of one.

Honestly, even if such were the case I still wouldn't fault the developers for releasing what they had when they did. They've been working on this project for 8 years, with little to sustain development but tiny releases like Viking Conquest, With Sword and Fire and Napoleonic Conquest in conjunction with the now aged Mount and Blade Warband. While I am disappointed with the current product, I see enough of its potential with reasonable improvements to allow it to surpass Warband. Hopefully the funds brought in by the Early Access release will be enough to stimulate further development in conjunction with renewed interest from the community.

Again, I want it done when its done. I actually dont care if it takes 2 years. Now ask me when I think they should release the official modding tools because thats a very different answer. All I want is a basic working sandbox with working combat and for them to get out of our way of creating our own content.

The heart and core of what we expected from Bannerlord - a stable product that modders can build upon. How I eagerly look forward to such a day....
  12. Owen Wulfson

10 hours of killing Khuzait, are they too strong? (poll)

Oh they really do, at least in my experience, the problem roots in how autocalc sieges work.

The autocalc advantage given to attacking armies is enough to make the Khuzait's disadvantage disappear. I've rarely been in a siege battle, and when I was the enemy just overwhelmed the garrison when they had twice our number. In an actual siege battle in a remotely defendable keep or castle, that kind of ratio should result in an easy win for the defenders against the attackers - but this is Bannerlord and the front gate is made of cheap plywood...
  13. Owen Wulfson

10 hours of killing Khuzait, are they too strong? (poll)

I mean, the studio that made this game is Turkish. Makes sense that they would "favor" the Khuzaits (nomad lineage and all that) in terms of faction balancing :wink:

Granted, at least in Warband the Khergits were so bad at sieges that it kind of balanced out. The Khuzaits, however, have no such disadvantage...
  14. Owen Wulfson

So hows bannerlord??????

If he's serious bout first part and he's concerned bout Bannerlords status then just lol

In my line of work, plays to be safe :wink:

It's unfortunate that Bannerlord didn't enter early access with at least all of the Warband features implemented (npc relations w/ other npc, passive training, manageable garrisons & basic cutscenes) but these are things that will surely come with time. At the moment, the developers are trying to pin down an effective formula for early-to-mid game transition on top of squashing bugs and errors. Wishing them the best of luck, but I'll be waiting to jump back in until much later.
  15. Owen Wulfson

So hows bannerlord??????

Hey cops don't let me play am from Miami FL USA they think i killed someone cant play.
    How is it??

If you're serious about the first part, I advise against posting anything on the internet related to your case and consulting your attorney or public defender on this matter. No emails, no text messages - nothing. Don't make your attorney's life harder than it is already.

As for this game, good foundation but a lot of stuff in the work - even things that were already finished in Warband. I advise waiting at least a year or until the full release before investing time in Bannerlord.
  16. Owen Wulfson

Why is it hard maintaining your own kingdom?

It's much easier and more practical just to set up your Kingdom from the start then expect to do so later by breaking off in your play-through with some heir. This isn't Crusader Kings political mechanics.

I feel that the bold sentence highlights a flaw with M&B as a medieval simulation. War without politics is just mindless carnage, and so a war game without a political structure of some sort can seem severely lacking. Mount and Blade Bannerlord (at the moment) is just about bigger army diplomacy with no real alternative way to gain or retain power. Once a faction conquers half the map, short of herculean efforts by a player arrayed against them, then that faction has effectively won the game.

Hopefully in time the developers will, once the core has been established, add upon the system with more intricate political structures, faction mechanics and cultural developments. And if not, then at least we have wonderful mods to look forward to that can set up such additions. Then maybe establishing your own Kingdom won't be such a chore...
  17. Owen Wulfson

Why is it hard maintaining your own kingdom?

I never understood the appeal of founding your own kingdom. Sure, I get that it's possible and something to aim for but the amount of work that's needed to get one up and running always made it feel (to me at least) more trouble than it's worth.

To be fair, my personal aspiration in most M&B playthroughs is to become a powerful lord with a city, a spouse and a high-tier army. The way I see it is that this is pretty doable set of goals that can be reached in a reasonable amount of time but with enough variation to make things interesting. What Bannerlord seeks to alter with this equation is the possibility that, after you do all that, you can be succeeded by an heir who you might decide is interested in becoming a King or Queen in their own right.

Then again, setting up a Kingdom in the beginning might be easier than trying long after the late-game when your chose faction could already painted the map with their colors. So either new mechanics or mods would need to be brought in to make this a more viable option.
  18. Owen Wulfson

Poll: Should the range on thrown weapons be reduced?

Other:

The player has a reasonable range due to the limitations of his or her targeting ability versus the arc & travel of the weapon. However, npc don't have such limitations and so will throw their weapons at incredible ranges with a good chance of hitting. A good solution would be to tweak the npc so they will not throw a ranged weapon until very close to their enemy with a good chance of success.

Additionally, a charging npc should prioritize running over throwing their weapon save at extremely close range, while a holding one should be granted a longer kill range (though not by much) to reflect that they are steady.

So in short, the priority should be in fixing the AI and not the weapon.
  19. Owen Wulfson

What are you Waiting for Before you Jump Back in for Another Playthrough?

I'll be waiting for 3 things before starting another game.

1) For the main quest to either be completed or be removed at our discretion at the start of the campaign. I can't enjoy world conquest if I'm on the hook for rescuing my family the whole time.
    2) For the garrison system to either be reworked or settled (if latter, might pick up a mod). Without the ability to marshal an effective garrison, I'm effectively handicapped during the midgame.
    3) For NPC to start entering their own marriages. That way I don't have to worry about the game eventually running out of Lords long after my 1st char.
Back
Top Bottom