Search results for query: *

1. MitchyMatt

[MODDING] Prophesy of Pendor Tweaks and Talk

That would require changing the files of the game rooted in the the source code for the mod. There may be a tweak for something like that. I am not aware of any however.
  2. MitchyMatt

CTD on start up

Hmm quite odd. What point do you get a crash at? Does the mod not load at all? Are you getting the option to select the mod in the startup menu before launching the game?
  3. MitchyMatt

One thing you believe other mods do miles better than PoP?

No, it's not there. This is the mod description:

From the Founding of Pendor - the year is 354 A King has not ruled the shattered land of Pendor for many generations. What was once a proud accomplishment of man now is steeped in the myths of folklore and told as children’s bedtime stories. Yet, the legends live on of a prophesy of hope. A tale of a champion who comes from a distant shore and unites the lords of Pendor under a single Ruler and brings peace and prosperity once again to this ravaged war-torn land. All is not as it seems as there are many powers who have their own ends in mind and an epic struggle is about to unfold. Strap on your sword, and buckle your imagination. Prepare to enter the world of Pendor and accept the challenge of the Prophesy - if you dare.

Near as I can tell, this is the first time that's been posted on Taleworlds. And it is not clutter by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, this is the hook. And it is exceedingly common for mods to include this in one of the stickies. If you're looking for mods to play, you are looking for the hook first and foremost: the reason to be interested. A brief description, like the above, is the first thing to look for. Then you look at the feature list and screens. It is rare that the title of the mod is enough for me to bother to dig for information. If I go from here to the hosting sites, it isn't for the purpose of finding more information about it, but to download the thing. And without knowing what this mod is about, why would I want to?
    You and I have different ideas of what a mod description is. Yours is more of a mod synopsis while the link I posted actually has the mod description of what to actually find in the mod.

I mean to each their own on what -hooks- a player into playing. Your idea is that a small paragraph is going to hook you while for me it was the features of the mod since the story elements are mainly crafted from my own imagination and what the mod does over vanilla and other mods.

So this is more of a personal pick on why you play the mod.

Also the mod description is literally built into the mod itself right after character creation. Not verbatim as the one you posted but enough to get an idea.
  4. MitchyMatt

One thing you believe other mods do miles better than PoP?

Well, there is one thing. Most mods have a mod description easily located in one of the stickies. For ages, I had no idea what this mod was even about, so it never caught my interest. Mod description seems to be confined solely to the hosting sites.

It's literally right in this thread on here. We can only assume people looking for mod downloads head over to mod-hosting sites so its obvious they would be there. On the forum however; making a clean space on sticky threads for formatting is important and keeps it less cluttered.

So I'm pretty sure we tick the: 1. In a sticky thread and 2. Have a mod description.
    Plus I believe this thread is more for features rather than presentation.
  5. MitchyMatt

A tribute to Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar

Amazing how someone can make an impact on thousands of lives. I know I am thankful for her for some of the best entertainment I ever got to play.
  6. MitchyMatt

Do you CHEAT?

I think the thread has served it's purpose in fullfilling the posters undeniable opinion on the mod needing cheats to be remotely playable.
  7. MitchyMatt

Do you CHEAT?

Judging by the results of the poll I would say the only people who don't cheat are the wiki contributors, sadmasicists, or people with literally endless amounts of patience to play through a game that might last 3000 days game time for a normal experienced player (just a random guess on the number). Vanilla warband was always long enough, PoP is fantastic because it has another vibe and cool features, not being it's punishing.

Punishing people for cheating on a single player game is kind of lol.

Yes, nobody would ever need to cheat on PoP if they had infinite time. Maybe PoP is just too grindy and not hard, combat isn't hard, strategy isn't hard, just killing thousand unit armies hundreds of times takes forever.

Consumers are uniquely qualified to judge media, unlike creators who are too close to something to see it clearly.
    See what I did there?

Anyways, everyone appreciates all the devs hard work, I had an amazing time with PoP and maybe some day I'll go back for another round, perhaps on full settings with no focus time/completion.
    The results of the poll account for 13 people out of hundreds of thousands who play this game. It's not even remotely able to be considered a standard by which anyone, even you, can decide that players 'need' to cheat in order to play.

It punished in-game achievements which are massive while playing. It was a relic from an older set of devs at the time and it has since stayed. No need for the bonus' it gives if one cheats in game from certain keybinds pressed.

PoP doesn't need cheats to play, as I have made clear. The more experience one gets the better at progressing through the mod in its entirety is possible. PoP is certainly grindy but it's because there are more layers to be had over the Native experience especially with merc work and eventually becoming a faction leader. That grind needed to spread out towards the end-game otherwise the game would be just be too easy, which wasn't our design goal.

Consumers can and have judged our mod. It was more so a jab back at you for being too overly optimistic in your idea that the mod needs cheats to be playable, which is not the case and never has been. If people prefer the easier experience, they have the options to make it so. Thats the beauty of the mod now where lots of things are configurable but we still maintain a way to push our design philospihy on how we see the game. This comes from hundreds of collaborators (see credits). So the majority agreed this was the direction the mod was to be headed towards.
  8. MitchyMatt

Do you CHEAT?

That isn't the point at all. Actually the point if anything is that, I believe most people HAVE to cheat outside some masochists or people with a decade of experience with this mod or some other fringe category player. If my hypothesis is correct (I'm sure it is), one might say that the balance of the mod encourages cheating by the majority, If I was PoP game dev would ask myself, is that what I really wanted.

Balance of the mod implicates cheating by the majority? That is such a catch all to support your 'hypothesis.' Cheating isn't mandatory by any means, in fact, PoP development looked towards avoiding needing cheats in any capacity and actually punishes use in some cases. Even some designs later in releases tried avoiding save-scumming tactics to make the player realize theres no outcome that will change if they reload a save before making a major decision. Sure they could go back and avoid it for another time but the outcome will be the same if they reset the clock.

People may cheat because they feel they have pressed time, or not enough time to game. They may feel the need to cheat if they can't find a particular item or lord they refuse to track down. Those aren't essentially balanced oriented things but rather just how Warband as a base works for playing. Sure there may be things that balance wise people disagree with but thats why PoP offers configurable options in some cases. Theres more too it than the sake of balance and and if people find that they need to cheat in order to play, that is on them. Not every player of the mod is going to be catered to in terms of difficulty. The mod is perfectly playable without the use of mods and while I have cheated before, those runs burn out quick because I'm circumventing types of things I'd have to do in the game even if it's grindy. It takes away from the intended purpose of certain things. But like I said, theres too many variables to just narrow it down to balance. If you were a PoP dev, you would realize this.
  9. MitchyMatt

Do you CHEAT?

You can play however you want, that is the beauty of gaming. I don't like to cheat in my games as I enjoy earning my stuff the proper way. If I feel like I could enhance a certain aspect without making it easier than it's intended purpose, then I may go with it. Depending what it is. I'm a firm believer in playing how you want to play. Simple as that. I like how PoP challenges me even this many years after I started playing it for the first time.

But tbh who cares if people cheat. If thats what brings them joy to play the mod, then so be it.
  10. MitchyMatt

Questions - New player wants to join pendor and the dark side

It may be a missed opportunity but theres plenty of options to play in this game that aren't exactly 'just good.' Play how you want, but just being evil or having options based around that was not in any way shape or form part of the development process and that started well over 10 years ago.
  11. MitchyMatt

How to bring back old.ver of Jatu Guard Armor?

You can do this by having Openbrf. All you then do is add the old armor to it save it, open another program called Morgh's Tools and replace the mesh with the old version you just added. Then done.
  12. MitchyMatt

Not able to besiege castle despite negative relations

Because you are a vassal of a kingdom that is not at war with another. They just hate you specifically. Because taking it would mean that Ravenstern gets the castle when they aren't even at war with Sarleon.
  13. MitchyMatt

Financially insolvent in mid-late game

Your problem is that you are spread too thin. You have way to many fiefs to cover with troops and if you're 'fielding' and not garissoning 1k troops, theres an issue. You will be paying out your ass.

Putting troops in garrisons (fiefs) will cut their upkeep cost by 50% and you can also do a certain quest to get more room for that kind of thing, The Old Tale.

You need to give away your fiefs to Lords as soon as possible,it will make them stronger and it will be less you have to worry about protecting as those fiefs will be supplied by their lords.

Your literal issue is too many troops. Cut it back until you break even or make income. the mod was not designed for you to horde 1k units with a great handful of them being top tier. You'll have to cut your losses or cheat.
  14. MitchyMatt

[QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

Modding our mod and dealing with whatever comes of it is on your end. This is not the place to ask for information on what you did to your game. Find the proper sub-mod sections.
  15. MitchyMatt

SP Is there any patch to upgrade from v.3.9.4 to v.3.9.5 without using full version?

No because they are not compatible with another. They are separate versions.
  16. MitchyMatt

SP SUBMOD - Pendor Rearmed

I prefer next time you let us know that you are making a submod because you are using assets from our mod itself. Plus I see no credits listed anywhere from where you got tweaks nor the PoP team. This matters when you upload stuff to things like Nexus. So please add them.
  17. MitchyMatt

Submod: Wook's Warband 2016 (Modern Graphics Overhaul)

This hasn't been updated in 3 years. Not to mention that the DL link is probably broken so chances are you will not get what you are looking for. Especially for an older version.

Please do not necro threads.

Locked.
  18. MitchyMatt

[BUGS] Support Thread for v3.9

Ansen got back from RTR mission and I got Raven Spear Mercs with Pendor Man at Arms (instead of Melitine troops).

When you send a companion to search for support and Right to Rule for you, in addition to giving you the 3 Right to Rule points, he will now bring in some troops as well that will join your party. The troops and its numbers are based on the player's level and the companion that was sent. - wiki

He rolled the weak option due to the factors the game accounted for and thus you got PMAA.
  19. MitchyMatt

High tier troops leave the garrison... no thanks!

There is nothing you can do unless you had the source code. Which is not available.
Back
Top Bottom