Search results for query: *

1. CoolMB

Ra - The Following

RA IN DA HOUSE B I O T C H E S
  2. CoolMB

Dev Blog 02/08/18

You know it's bad when they release an anniversary edition of the blog posts created for a game that still hasn't been released hahahahaha.  Wtf is this.
  3. CoolMB

Content Coming Soon!

Please get rid of the 'Features' page that has said "Content Coming Soon" since the game was announced all those years ago. I keep clicking on it expecting something and it kills me just a little bit every time. Thank you :)
  4. CoolMB

Dev Blog 25/01/18

"Characters smile when happy, and look mad when they are not happy"

Woah! Slow down Taleworlds! One step at a time!
  5. CoolMB

RIP Warband on consoles

DoHope said:
    FrankElliott said:
    We did release a patch early on I believe and the next one is on its way. Unfortunately, releasing a patch to consoles is not like releasing patches on Steam. You are required to wait a certain amount of time and receive approval before releasing the patch. With Steam, you have full control.

It's not a lack of support from us it's simply the result of working on a different platform with different requirements. You're not ever going to have the exact same version of a game on two different platforms.

We worked to add nice features to the console versions, including higher res textures and improved rendering. We also spent a lot of time on the UI and in game controls, adding additional options to guarantee a good experience on controllers, which the game wasn't originally designed for. This was tested by our own QA team, and myself, and our partners. Changes were added based on feedback, such as speeding up the world map gradually with the analogue trigger.

As I've said, I believe that to sustain an active multiplayer population on consoles would require *more* work than PC, simply because that user based is used to a more streamlined experience, something like matchmaking in a lobby. It's not because the game is incomplete but simply there are a different set of expectations. We're working to find the best compromises but it's not our fault that players on the consoles don't want to play the game under the same conditions that our PC players are willing to and I don't think it's completely fair to take that out on us.

Considering the devs aren't involved with the console community on any level other than the complaints received through the forum, what useful perspective can you offer about multiplayer sustainability if you haven't been actively involved with the community? By 'actively involved' I'm referring to playing on the console and experiencing the pain of glitches, teamkilling or even the joy of the clans and organized events?

I've been active in the console community since its release on xbox. I've joined and created clans, organized events, seen the servers rise and die on a day to day basis.

I've experienced the frustration of small (easily fixable) glitches that could make the experience of M&B console so much better if the devs only cared enough to investigate the complaints thoroughly for once.

I embody the complaints of every M&B console player for the simple reason that I am one of them
    I can tell neither you or any dev has assessed the situation on the consoles accurately because the population is active,  the population is growing (would increase if any patch were to be released) so where do you think the constant complaints are coming from?

Its not fair to release a version of the game only to ignore the faithful player base on it that is generating money for Taleworlds.. We have a right to complain as much as the PC players do.

I understand a patch on the console needs to be approved and probably requires more time to write, but its been MONTHS since anything has been fixed. Not to mention the servers start to lag and need to be reset periodically.

If private serves can't be added - fine
    If singleplayer cheats can't be added - fine
    If optimization is time consuming - fine

But for the love of god fix the glitches, tweak the game settings, fix the lag.
    Nobody is asking for optimization of the game, just basic patches that improve quality of experience for the ever growing community on the consoles.

I mean, I started this thread a while back, and was arguing with Frank Elliott about how they released a bull****, overpriced version of the PC game. And also about how they just clearly don't care about the state of the game on consoles, and the complaints of the console community. He defended himself, and Taleworlds, and others came to his defence as well......and now he's fired.

I thought that this would change things up a bit, and maybe allow us to see more dev/moderator activity in the console community. But all we have is some random moderator telling us when various things aren't going to happen. I was a PC player as long as the game has been around, and what makes this so disheartening is the fact that the game plays well overall on console. It's just riddled with little annoying glitches, and poor servers. Not to mention a lack of player base.

If you're going to release a basic version of the game for consoles to test out the port, then don't charge $20 and ignore everyone's complaints.
  6. CoolMB

Dev Blog 03/08/17

A slight suggestion as well. I would have someone in charge of managing the console community. I know someone was assigned, but everything is completely dead there. It's just a cycle of the same poor schmucks asking the same questions without anyone answering, unless it's a negative comment. We know your priority isn't Warband on consoles, but someone has to let those guys know you're still alive.
  7. CoolMB

Snoop's checklist

Snoop said:
    Remember this? Heh.

I won technically. Cuz I'm me. And no one else is me.

GG
  8. CoolMB

Devs please read. Console Update.

Cpt. Nemo said:
    The developers have not abandoned this port, and are aware of the issues currently reported.
    Concerning DLCs, there's nothing new. As for Bannerlord one day coming to consoles, it may happen, but it will likely be several years after the initial PC release if it does.

Several years? That does seem a bit much to be honest, especially considering they already have ported Warband for Xbox more or less successfully. Additionally, the game is currently listed for Xbox, so why would Taleworlds allow their game to be listed publicly as such if that were not the case for several years. GTA V didn't feature PC in its platforms, but eventually added it after it was ported.

Also I agree that an update is needed. I know Taleworlds doesn't wanna hear it, but come on, this was a pretty weak attempt at getting interest for Warband on consoles. The game itself more or less works well, but it's now completely dead with regards to community and updates. I don't see Taleworlds trying to do anything about it. Hopefully this is because they're super busy on Bannerlord and getting a release set.
  9. CoolMB

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 15 - Valuable Relationships

I'm sorry but at this point, unless the blog has a release date, don't post it. These things were a nice gesture to the community at first, but now it comes off as just buying more time. It's been long enough that I don't think any blog, no matter how cool, will be accepted unless it has some pivotal information about the game in its final state.
  10. CoolMB

Increased battle size

From what I know they already increased the battle size a little bit from the original. Not sure if there are plans to increase it even further.
  11. CoolMB

Ra - The Following

OHHHHHH HEYYYYY BOIZZZZZZ
  12. CoolMB

Status of Warband on XBOX

I read the changelog for the "big" console update that took longer than expected and I'm not exactly sure what was changed except for a few minor fixes for some random console support and single player fixes. Whenever I post about general console issues, I only receive passive, unconvincing...
  13. CoolMB

Proposal for Controller Scheme

kadedbaker said:
    Instead of using the stick to choose the direction of swing or relative position y'all need to put it in that AXYB control the direction of swing. These buttons are hardly used in combat and the stick for swing direction sucks. Please fix this in the next patch.
    This literally would make the game impossible to play. When using your controller, your right hand controls the right analog stick to look around while moving. You can press RT to swing in that direction you are looking. If you need to press a button at the same time you are pressing RT in order to control direction, how is it possible to also control where you are looking at the same time? It is impossible for one hand to control where to look, how to attack, and then the act of attacking all at the same time. That's just common sense.
  14. CoolMB

New OFFICIAL from TW multiplayer mode to be added to Warband soon.

As long as we aren't restricted to playing this game mode on maps like Forest Hideout and Nord Town, I think this can be fun. If some people make some dope maps (a la Full Invasion, but maybe not necessarily as big) we might have something here.
  15. CoolMB

RIP Warband on consoles

Captain Lust said:
    CoolMB said:
    I'm sorry, but I guess the console community is much more misinformed than I thought. To be honest, your statement about Native Multiplayer is just completely wrong. Warband became such a success literally because of its multiplayer. The reason it is still played today on the PC is, once again, literally because of its multiplayer. Your opinion that it is dull, while you are entitled to that opinion, is shared by a very small minority, such as the two gentlemen who posted on this thread as well.
    If you compare Steam stats to the multiplayer population of Warband, I don't think that's the case. I also don't think threads like this are particularly constructive in any case.

One issue is that Warband lacks matchmaking, which is a staple for most console games nowadays. I think it's hard to convince an audience to use a server list. The problem for us is that we want to keep each version equal and most of our resources are focused on developing Bannerlord. I don't think you have any foundation to describe Warband's console release as a cash grab. It was worked on for a long time, polished and is a full port of the game, which was working well at release. We are also continuing to work on it and release patches, to support those who purchased the game.

I have immense respect for what you guys do, don't get me wrong. Also, I don't care much about the patch, I just feel that it's clear that Warband on consoles is not a priority. This is completely justified because you have plenty to do already with Bannerlord. But if you already have a ton of work on your plates, I don't quite understand why you would release this port if you know that you won't be able to provide full support for it. If the answer is that this game is more of a test to see how the game does on consoles, as a precursor to Bannerlord, then it makes sense. However, if it is a test, then why would you have people pay $20 for the game? Furthermore, do you honestly think (and this is not a rhetorical question) that this $20 version of the game on XBOX has the same value of the $20 PC version? To be honest, I have to respectfully disagree with your statement that this version is a polished, full port of the game. I believe it is a full port of the game's initial, day-of release on PC way back when, but to call it a polished, full port of the PC version in its current standing is a bit of stretch.
  16. CoolMB

RIP Warband on consoles

I'm sorry, but I guess the console community is much more misinformed than I thought. To be honest, your statement about Native Multiplayer is just completely wrong. Warband became such a success literally because of its multiplayer. The reason it is still played today on the PC is, once again, literally because of its multiplayer. Your opinion that it is dull, while you are entitled to that opinion, is shared by a very small minority, such as the two gentlemen who posted on this thread as well.
  17. CoolMB

RIP Warband on consoles

callahan9119 said:
    I'm pretty sure most people don't buy mount and blade for multiplayer. I never touched native multiplayer, it was dull as ****. Crpg was great, but that was a small number who played that.

I had to stop reading after this.
  18. CoolMB

RIP Warband on consoles

I understand you guys are a busy bunch at Taleworlds, and I always try to see the other side of things before complaining, but do you guys even care about the success of Warband on consoles? Seems like everyone at Taleworlds is pretty content with letting this game die on consoles. It's a damn...
  19. CoolMB

Multiplayer Error

I recently tried to play multiplayer and upon selecting "Join Game" I was brought to a screen that said "Unable to connect to server." It didn't give me an option to even view the server list. Still hasn't been fixed. What's the issue here?
  20. CoolMB

Clans for mount and blade console (Xbox one)

Unfortunately, you may have to hold off a bit on the console-clans. The reason clans on PC are very successful is due largely to the fact they have private servers in which they have complete customization. Even if you had a consistently empty server that you were able to use for your team, you wouldn't be able to adjust the settings to support an actual structured battle.
Back
Top Bottom